Scoop

Meet the Man Behind Frank Donga! Kunle Idowu Talks about What Inspired the Comedy Series, Personal Experiences & More

Frank DongaWhen NdaniTV brought out ‘The Interview’ comedy series about a job seeking hilarious man, Frank Donga, it was an instant hit.

Most recently, Frank Donga was nominated in the Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards but the man behind the character himself has been off the public radar.

In an interview with Channels TV, we get to hear from Frank Donga, real name Kunle Idowu, on how the series was inspired, his own personal experiences, the reaction of people when they see him at events and much more.

Check on it!

1. BNreader

February 6, 2015 at 6:26 pm

For some reason I’m excited to hear “Frank Donga” talk normally.

2. benito

February 6, 2015 at 6:57 pm

I really enjoy him for his creativity. Most people can relate to the message he is trying to send. It’s a jungle out there for job seekers and other life challenges

3. O

February 6, 2015 at 7:16 pm

The character works because he totally believes in himself and thinks he’s quite smart and quick on his feet. Totally hilarious.

4. Scared homosapien

February 6, 2015 at 9:03 pm

I’m so relieved to hear this man speak like a human being, lol. I’ve nearly given up on him and his agbaya ways. Thumbs up!

5. imose

February 6, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Nice…one!!

6. Carliforniabawlar

February 7, 2015 at 6:58 am

Hahahaha! I thought watching this would ruin the character for me and so I had to think long and hard (hey! we’re talking life-changing decisions here, so don’t judge) before pushing play….but mehn…I was laughing all through…I can’t even reconcile the 2 guys mehn! thumbs up my brother.
    p.s. I think he’s cute! but that might just be my thirst typing 😉

7. Igbegocho

February 7, 2015 at 7:53 am

Nice to finally meet Kunle. Love your work as Frank. So i promise not to laugh but please let me take a picture if we ever meet.

8. Dubai mum

February 7, 2015 at 12:04 pm

God bless your work

9. Engee

February 7, 2015 at 12:50 pm

i just love this guy…. everything about him makes me laugh…

10. Chinco

February 7, 2015 at 1:52 pm

I thought his real name was frank donga,lol

11. Ms. T

February 7, 2015 at 11:27 pm

oooo I love me some Frank Donga, and Mr. Idowu’s diction impeccable very different from dear Frank

12. Clear

February 8, 2015 at 11:09 am

So Channels TV decided not to acknowledge the source of the video clips or footages that they used……… that they even blured out the name is just so not pro like they said they are. Give to Caesar what belongs to him.

13. omobolanle green

February 10, 2015 at 1:32 pm

intelligent guy.

that is the make of geniuses .

God bless you my brother

14. Cafary

April 16, 2015 at 2:06 am

At times i thought he is this kind of dumb ass even in real life but when i saw him on the set of IK’s program with emma OhmyGod i was shocked! Pure diction and maturity in the wake….!!!!!

15. Tominsin

November 1, 2015 at 10:31 pm

It got to an extent, I gave up on Frank Donga, thinking will dis man ever be normal? To d extent dat i was praying for him to get employed?……….. But Kunle Idowu changed it all! Anytime am feeling sad, I search for Donga’s latest joke! May God increase ur knowledge bro!
    My question now is, why is it dat u don’t laugh at all in ur jokes, been wondering, Plz tell me