Scoop

Your Wife or Your Baby? Hollywood Actor Ryan Reynolds Says ‘I Would Use My Wife as a Human Shield to Protect that Baby’

457560894If you had to choose between your spouse and your baby, what will your choice be?

For Hollywood actor Ryan Reynolds the answer is a clear-cut one.

In an interview with David Letterman, the new father expresses that even though he loves his wife deeply, he will have to use her as a human shield to protect their baby girl if a bullet was in the equation.

“I used to say to [Blake], ‘I would take a bullet for you. I could never love anything as much as I love you,’” the 38-year-old actor said on the Late Show with David Letterman.

Ryan continued, saying: “I would say that to my wife. And the second I looked in that baby’s eyes, I knew in that exact moment that if we were ever under attack, I would use my wife as a human shield to protect that baby.”

Do you agree on his line of thinking?

Photo Credit: Getty Images

1. Scared homosapien

February 7, 2015 at 7:14 pm

I really don’t like hearing all these nonsense and stupid hypothetical questions. You shouldn’t make people choose between loved ones. It doesn’t prove any point to me.

2. Eileen

February 7, 2015 at 9:05 pm

Him too will be used as human shield to protect the baby.

3. Colour Purple

February 7, 2015 at 9:59 pm

I don’t like hearing those kind of questions either but the truth is he doesn’t need to do that, because I know as a mother she’d protect that child with her life..

4. LILO

February 8, 2015 at 6:06 am

Would have been really cute if he said something along the lines of ” I will take the bullet cos I can’t imagine live without both of them”

5. marculey

February 8, 2015 at 10:07 am

I’ll kill him to protect the baby even if I had no option to choose between two of them, what nonsense this shouldn’t be a question at all

6. benny

February 8, 2015 at 10:57 am

It was soooooooo obvious that the man was joking. I watched that clip.
    I am so disappointed in BN for trying to paint this into what it is not.

7. anonymouse

February 8, 2015 at 12:53 pm

I know my man values my life too much. This is why I will marry him. Hence the importance of marrying a man that loves u more And doesn’t just view u as a childbearing machine. Some women go carry their man for head like the fools that they are. I once used to be a fool too but thank God I saw the light on time.

8. i no send

February 8, 2015 at 3:31 pm

i think will have to choose my kids over my spouse and vice versa if a gun was put to my head..sorry

9. derhmy

February 9, 2015 at 7:43 am

abeg its not that serious…i watched this interview on E! over the weekend and it was so obvious the guy was just joking…kai naija pple pls calm down for a min and take a joke!!!!

10. JustAgirl

February 9, 2015 at 3:12 pm

BN always capitalizing on every comment made, even when we all know its really not literal.
    Its not that serious!