News

The Most Admired in Nigeria? Celine Dion & Enoch Adeboye Take the Top Spot | Goodluck Jonathan, Michelle Obama & More Listed

BellaNaija.com

Most Admired 2015-16While Angelina Jolie has been voted the most admired woman in the world, in a poll conducted by YouGov in over 23 countries, Nigeria seems to have picked Celine Dion as their most admired woman.

The list, which shows 10 admired men and 10 admired women, features only 3 Nigerians on the list – Redeemed Christian Church of God General Overseer Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Business mogul Aliko Dangote and Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan.

Speaking on how they arrived at the list YouGov states, ‘In December YouGov gathered open-ended nominations from panellists across 34 countries, asking them simply: “Thinking about people alive in the world today, which [man or woman] do you most admire?” These nominations were then used to compile a list of the 25 men and 25 women who received the most nominations and were nominated in at least 2 countries. An additional 5 popular local figures were added to the lists for individual countries. In January, 23 of the 34 countries were polled again in representative* surveys, where respondents were asked two questions: “who do you truly admire?”, where they could make multiple selections, and “who do you MOST admire?”, where they could pick only one. These two numbers were then combined into the score (displayed to the right of each name above.) By asking respondents those two questions, we can understand both the breadth (i.e. global reach) and the intensity of a person’s support, which we regard as both important measures. Altogether, we polled in countries that constitute nearly two-thirds of the world’s population. However, some parts of the world were better represented than others, so we weighted up the impact certain countries had on the final scores and weighted down others so the global scores more accurately reflect the breakdown of sentiment in the world overall.’

Check out the pictorial list for the World & for Nigeria below.

admiredfp Most Admired 2015-16

You can check out other countries here.

Do you agree with the list?

1. ms.b

February 3, 2015 at 5:35 am

Y shud I disagree? I ddnt perform the research, based on d QnA, Dats that’s d researchers result.

2. Vics

February 3, 2015 at 5:54 am

Liars! Jonathan most admired how? Even he himself admitted that he is the most criticized and insulted democratic president of Nigeria. Propaganda iranu

3. chy

February 3, 2015 at 7:25 am

Cheew. Who are the most admired people in Nigeria by Nigerians.

4. Bleed Blue

February 3, 2015 at 8:21 am

LOL @ Celine Dion before Michelle, Malala and Oprah.

But truth be told, that lady has been with many of us through the lovey-dovey moments and through the times when the man has done you strong tin.

I don’t know about these days, but back when I was in UNI, you couldn’t walk the corridor of a female hostel without hearing her voice blasting that her heart will go oooooon aaaaand ooooon.
    Love you Celine! 🙂

5. Lade

February 3, 2015 at 8:26 am

The most def got No 3 wrong….in the most admired men…Pls come and admire my 8 year old son instead (For the men)…He has better brains!

6. amy

February 3, 2015 at 8:52 am

Wow…. I tot Nigerians admire Kim k….. Unfortunately she’s not on d list

• mz daniels

February 3, 2015 at 9:08 am

Nigerians drool over Kim K, want to sleep with her, beef her, call her a ho. But admire her, methinks not

7. RO2

February 3, 2015 at 9:08 am

This seems to be manipulative, typical I would say. the usual cynical way of manipulating people’s mind. watch-out this is just the teaser expect more in days to come trust me. The next level would be exit-polls to tell you who is going to win Presidential poll in Nigeria. Will continue to pray hard for Nigeria. there is a looming danger between those who want the status-quo remain and those who wants change and passionate about it. The Nigeria poll is between the masses and the elites. and now that some issues has been exposed expect the receivers of stolen goods to rise up in defence and support of the system.

8. RO2

February 3, 2015 at 9:10 am

The poll is not about those faces you see there is about one person. think deep you will get what I mean.

• Bleed Blue

February 3, 2015 at 9:40 am

I get you mannn!

Subliminal programming.

9. ama

February 3, 2015 at 9:21 am

GEJ’s inclusion trivialises the list

10. integrity

February 3, 2015 at 9:27 am

Pastor Adeboye well deserved.

11. flo

February 3, 2015 at 9:42 am

jackie chan??? seriously?

12. integrity

February 3, 2015 at 11:07 am

@ lade.. No 3 is aliko dangote. I certainly agree. He should not be on that list… No admiration for selfish cabals!

13. Tope

February 3, 2015 at 3:51 pm

Nobody loves Mama Patience? please ,let us redo this poll. lol Mama peace for president, Jonathan for Vice

14. IWITNESSNG

February 3, 2015 at 4:05 pm

I don’t understand how they arrived at these names but I have my doubts. Some names are not meant to be there, they trivialize the list, like someone said we might be going through subliminal programming.

15. AMEBO

February 3, 2015 at 7:43 pm

How can GEJ be the most admired if it’s for corruption I would understand i totally disagree with the list!!

16. Chinco

February 3, 2015 at 8:01 pm

This is obviously garbage… Celine dion? GEJ? I get why people will admire Bill gates, malala, Obama… but some of these names I totally diasagree. And what happened to Nigerians admiring Nigerian women? Wheres Chimamanda, Tara, Toyosi akerele and many other Nigerian women who stand out?

17. Beau sacs

February 3, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Somebody said something implying that it’s only the elite that want GEJ back. Dear me, no wonder I want him back I’m going to be very rich so I’m already thinking in that direction

18. adegbola ademola

February 9, 2015 at 11:52 am

i want to present for celine dion i want to sing her song with her like charice