Music

Davido’s Freestyle on Tim Westwood’s Show has Twitter going Wild!

Davido Freestyle Tim WestwoodHit maker Davido did a freestyle for Westwood TV a year ago, but it has recently resurfaced and Twitter is running amok.

Some of the lines he dropped on the beat:

“G-Wagon I burst all my tires.
Next day I buy new tires.”

“When I enter the stage,
All the girls
their bra and their pant them dey throway”

“All these ni**as want a feature.
Well, look at that line.”

A play on his popular jam, Aye,
“I buy her designer,
She no want Ferrari.
I take her to yankee,
She go buy Ferrari.”

Here are some of the tweets:

Watch the video below!

1. bruno

March 25, 2015 at 4:11 pm

My gawd!!!!!! this is f***king terrible.

2. idomagirl

March 25, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Forgive my ignorance but is he a rapper? Shebi only rappers freestyle? #Honestquestion

• MC

March 25, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Good question! I was wondering the same.
      somebody care to answer this…is Davido a rapper?
      (I’m not too familiar with his music)

• Animal Doctor

March 25, 2015 at 8:33 pm

idomagirl, not necessarily. A strong r&b artist should be able to freestyle, it’s all hip hop. Think wande coal ‘kiss your hand’ freestyle. the boy actually made a hit song out of that which topped the original.

3. mukolo

March 25, 2015 at 4:20 pm

guy go boil beans joor. auto tune dey save u. elewa

4. t

March 25, 2015 at 4:31 pm

ahah. how did they think he sounded before? i am not surprised o. (hi Timi Dakolo and tuface)

5. Purple_Star

March 25, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Really????? Davido??? is this all you got??? i think WestWood is indirectly showing people that we Suck in music.. especially lives of Davido, Kcee, Harrysong and co…

Ah Davido pls give up music!!!!!
    Please!!!!!

• Missy J

March 25, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Ehn ehn ehn!!! Biko don’t dray Harrysong and kcee into this. I can’t vouch for Kcee like that but I can categorically tell you that Harrysong can SAAAANNGGG. He was actually in a group just two of them before he had his big break. Their harmony is just out of the world.

• Ogo

March 25, 2015 at 8:51 pm

And he writes!! He might be the artiste but he writes decent songs for others, as for kceee..

• kayyyyyy

March 26, 2015 at 1:19 am

He is also a fantastic songwriter…

6. IY

March 25, 2015 at 4:48 pm

All I heard was ewo ewo! SMH

7. Miss_Flygerian

March 25, 2015 at 4:55 pm

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Warrahell?

8. snoopy

March 25, 2015 at 4:59 pm

total rubbish

9. @edDREAMZ

March 25, 2015 at 5:01 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Dude wants to fill the whole space though. Lolx…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

10. ada

March 25, 2015 at 5:26 pm

oohhh nooo davido didn’t just do this to his career. lol really disappointed

11. uju

March 25, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Why is anyone surprised? Isn’t this what his music typically sounds like?

12. Funmi

March 25, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Baba. It’s not that bad now. Lol. Its not easy to freestyle. It’s spontaneous. Hahahaha

13. olgee

March 25, 2015 at 6:57 pm

People lack humor sha!!! cant you see the guy is just having fun? Abi he tell una say e be rapper?..Nice one young B

• S!

March 26, 2015 at 1:47 am

No he isn’t having fun. He is under duress. There is nothin humorous about his freestyle. It’s a total flop!

14. sOLO ACT

March 25, 2015 at 7:05 pm

i noticed that when people dont have anymore rhymes in a rap they start saying “nigga” smh i challenge u to rap without that word. and DAVIDO IS NOT A RAPPER OO he is more afro R&B

• S!

March 26, 2015 at 1:49 am

Iyanya, Wizkid & more ppl arent rappers, but when they were on Tim Westwood they did pretty good jobs. Freestyle doesn’t mean you must rap, you should be able to flow with any beat at anytime.

15. Grayce

March 25, 2015 at 7:20 pm

mmh Interesting!! to even add flavour he even looks like agbalumo

• truthBeTold

March 25, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Lool…..how can u say that??? thats cray!

• debo donald

March 26, 2015 at 7:41 am

Very funny! Buh why are we all saying this nah. Most nigerian artist aint really good singers! Haven’t u seen dem on stage? Some would even put the mic OFF when on stage, there is never anything like a live band. Kudos to praiz, etcetra, lagbaja, and oda good naija artistes, plus our ladies are actually very good too. Davido… Was never an a singer, but a proud boy! Abeg mk him enjoy. No worries. And I know he never dreams of grammy!

16. truthBeTold

March 25, 2015 at 8:11 pm

Lmao!!! This was painful to watch. Cracked me up a little bit sha hahahaha. poor Davido I actually felt sorry for him the entire duration of this clip ;(

17. LotusFlower

March 25, 2015 at 8:37 pm

I had to stop the video mid-way. I get an uneasy feeling when I see someone embarrassing his/herself. Not one of Davido’s finest moments.

18. IG: justnnena

March 25, 2015 at 8:56 pm

LMFAO I died at the whole I KNOW KNOW SAY part was he harmonizing or nah??

19. imose

March 25, 2015 at 9:48 pm

hahahahahhaahahahhhahhahhhhhahahahhaha

20. Tomi

March 25, 2015 at 11:40 pm

Lmaoo!! My lawd!! Wow!! That was painful to watch. Davido was numb, you can just see it in his eyes and his back and forth rocking motion, he was thinking ” dear Jesus, when will this be over…when will this cup pass me by”?( while singing: niggas, pradas, Yellow, mellow, money, hello) Just the way an over grown toddler would. # itdidhimlikefilmtrick #heneverexperredit #hetoosurprisedhimself

• chichi

March 26, 2015 at 5:41 am

hahahaha..spot on!,,,poor child

21. dave2

March 26, 2015 at 12:29 am

Actually it’s only in an upside country like naija that davido will be considered a serious artiste. A bliionaire’s son – YES, but an artiste, NAHHHH! Please, check out Iyanya and Wizkid on Tim Westwoods then you’ll know the real artistes.

22. onetallgirl

March 26, 2015 at 12:41 am

ROTFL!!!!!! He is not serious!!!

23. pretty

March 26, 2015 at 3:19 am

I m not surprised. Davido has a terrible voice. He lip synches during concerts. What did you expert? The truth will eventually come. Same goes for the other musicians who think being rich, handsome or pretty and having swag equals being a talented musician. In patience jonathan’s voice “contunu”.

24. Lyrics

March 26, 2015 at 9:36 am

Oh dear! I die! Buhahahahahahaa

25. kakus

March 26, 2015 at 12:01 pm

trololooooool!! omg this is too hilarious….davido would be feeling really stupid right now,is this not even supposed to be a comedy skit,sounds too much like a joke lol

26. Teddy Bear

March 26, 2015 at 1:58 pm

My people, my people! I cringe and find it extremely ignorant when I hear African people use the n-word. Maybe it is because we don’t fully understand the word or the history behind it but it just seems destructive to use the word so loosely. UGH!!!

27. jefka

March 26, 2015 at 4:50 pm

i actually thinks he looks like a baby cobra, i see the agbalumo resemblance but…….the shape of his head is one kain.

28. jefka

March 26, 2015 at 4:52 pm

“nigeria we no get no time” biko na only u no get time o, i have two wall clocks and an alarm clock lol……
    pls what is with the licking of lips? is he dehydrated?

29. bee

March 27, 2015 at 4:20 am

lols i had to stop at about 05:00, he was struggliiiinggggg! that Tim Westwood is wicked jare

30. Na we we

March 27, 2015 at 11:24 pm

The truth is that when Naija artists for the most part show up on Tim Westwood, they don’t prepare and thus, come out looking like a joke. This is quite old news, both times Davido has attempted his freestyle techniques on Westwood, it’s been a total disaster, however his 2nd attempt was far better than the first, but that isn’t saying much. Iyanya was lackluster, but the worst performance by a mile was the mo hits crew with all of them trying to rap:
    youtube.com/watch?v=6E4ydqfyKwM

The ones (Naija specific) who showed up and did well were:
    the Choc boys
    youtube.com/watch?v=ULVBqc9QMOk
    Ice Prince (when he was with Dee Money)
    youtube.com/watch?v=VT6HkhSsvcw
    Wizkid
    youtube.com/watch?v=IKs56kyXuBg
    youtube.com/watch?v=D9rYuTQ-HFo

commendable effort (as in “he tried”)
    Lil Kesh
    youtube.com/watch?v=SMy7diPzW9I

31. Badboy

August 11, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Lmfao..Davido looked so confused and disappointed like when lecturer separates your seat from others in a calculation course u have no idea of..Lolz. what a joke. Did someone say he writes? how? who dash am. They writes for him and he steals from upcoming as well..Normally Davido don’t have that talent as a musician. he entered cuz he loves music and d mney was there. then later started following u. And they will be saying he’s better than wizkid. In terms of what. mtcheeeew..i laughed so hard ehn

32. Divine mavin

October 18, 2020 at 10:34 am

Hahahahahah wack, o.b.o is always on his wacking sh**t.. can’t stop laughing , got an advice for yu bro.. Leave music go work for ur papi company, music is not ur ting bro, u are an emmberassement to d music industry.period