Music

Korede Bello: My Greatest Achievement is to be Glorifying God with my Song

BellaNaija.com

Mavin_Obi_Somto_Photography-8Mavin Records artist Korede Bello has won the heart of many with his hit singles ‘Cold Outside’ and ‘God Win’.

In an interview with Nation Newspaper, Korede Bello talks about his rise to fame, signing with Mavin Records, support from his parents and much more.

Read excerpts from his interview below!

On being in the music industry: No, I have never thought of that. And funny enough, I have always wanted to be a footballer or an accountant. I didn’t really see music as a career. Actually, I saw it as a passion and a hobby. I didn’t know I was going to do music professionally until recently, during my secondary school days. I go to the studio doing recording seriously. I started seeing music as my life purpose. I see it as an opportunity to serve humanity.

On being called an upcoming act: When somebody goes to school and is in primary one, will you call the person upcoming student? Or when you just get a job in the bank will you be called an upcoming banker? But for me I will say people are entitled to whatever title they choose to give artistes, but it depends on the artiste; ‘how you see yourself.’ I see myself as a musician, I see myself as a mega super star and that is all that matters. I will advise artistes not to go along with that upcoming title because you might just remain upcoming forever. So you had better see yourself as a musician and a servant to humanity. Is there upcoming pastor? If there is none, why upcoming artiste?

On his signature wink: I don’t know. I just find myself doing it. And there is someone I have in mind whenever I do it. I know pretty much that a particular person I know will be watching it. And that is why I keep doing it. If anyone wants to find out who the person is, I will just say it is you. Whenever you watch me winking in any musical video, I’m winking at you yourself. Trust me.

On his greatest achievement so far: My greatest achievement is to be glorifying God with my song. I recently released a new single called Godwin, and it is being received massively globally and that is my greatest achievement. Whenever people are happily dancing to my song, it really makes me happy. You know, to be able to do a song that the old, and young would be able to listen to and dance to but still be able to glorify God really goes a long way. I am very proud of that and it’s really overwhelming.

You can read up the full feature here.

Photo Credit: MavinRecords.com

1. Missy J

March 3, 2015 at 12:33 am

Lol @ upcoming pastor. I love his standards. Nice one dude!! But please e do with the winking.

2. Bimpe

March 3, 2015 at 2:35 am

i wish someone would take this guy away from don jazzy, maybe columbia records or something should sign him, someone that understands his vocals, that can really elevate it. Don jazzy is giving this guy afro beat song, this guys voice is on the same level as sam smith and ed sheeran, quite distictive vocals he has. he should not at any point be doing all those heavy beat. i just wish someone else can mentor him.

• Tobi

March 3, 2015 at 3:07 am

Woow the things people say. He is with donjazzy now and every song he has put out matches his vocal range. Appreciate the people we have in the industry.. If we don’t how will Columbia records do? Just saying. Nigerians sha!

• Bimpe

March 3, 2015 at 3:28 am

eerrrmmm can u read at all, or you schemed thru? kmt! who said he wasnt appreciated, i clearly stated that he was, he has one of the best vocals there is. he just needs to be placed in the right hands. you dont hear them giving sam smith, nicki minaj songs. the guys vocals are disstinctive hence he should be focused upon more

• Shao

March 3, 2015 at 5:10 am

No bimpe, tobi read it but as a typical nigerian did not understand didly….lol.

• lolz

March 3, 2015 at 11:46 am

@bimpe, contact me, lolud12 at y.com

• winpe

March 4, 2015 at 7:51 am

see ur big mouth,

3. d anonymouz

March 3, 2015 at 6:54 am

@ b imperative, sam smith’s kinda songs won’t put food on his table or help elevate mavin records,so abeg “kpon-kpi”

• winpe

March 4, 2015 at 7:53 am

thanks @d anonymouz

4. d anonymouz

March 3, 2015 at 6:55 am

*@bimpe

5. sum1special

March 3, 2015 at 8:12 am

Cutie.

6. Tim

March 3, 2015 at 8:43 am

@Bimpe I believe he will find a balance. In nigeria, afro pop music sells, If you ask the bus conductor or market woman, I bet you they know the song “Godwin” ask them about Bez-there’s a fire………………………….*crickets* You get my drift.
    You see how Di’ja came out with “Awww”, thats the balance he needs to find and I believe he will.

7. Paypay

March 3, 2015 at 8:44 am

I love the Godwin song. In fact that’s the only song I know from Korede. Godwins in my life. In my job, Godwin, in my family Godwin, despite all the hardbreak gon, Godwin. Nigerian election nko, Godwin. God just keeps winning. You know what happens when we praise? Blessings come down. Korede God will elevate you.

8. lola

March 3, 2015 at 8:50 am

God first !!!! Don jazzy(Marvin Records A.K.A SMD) is the platform used for Korede Bello to be known to us. our Nigerian brands are doing ok we don’t need any foreign brand keep listening to your Sam smith while we listen to our afro beats #Proudly Nigerian#proud of our Record labels#

9. prince

March 3, 2015 at 10:35 am

he has an amazing vocals and i’ll love to see him do some nice RnB, something soft that will really project that awesome voice from within. cute dude. well done.

10. Fume

March 3, 2015 at 12:16 pm

I so love this song. GODWIN FOR MY LIFE

11. herrie

March 3, 2015 at 3:51 pm

sky is d beginning 4 u African prince but please explain ‘african assignment’ quoted from African princess and d winks u do is killing pple

12. Tanya

March 6, 2015 at 1:56 pm

His winks are directed at me…. Thanks Kay!!!

13. Osonraffy

March 15, 2015 at 7:41 am

9ce 1 @ #Korede Bello# Godwin,jingle bell,african princess,cold outside nd many odas dat re yet 2 cme…………… I luv evrytin u du,more grease 2 ur elbow #muah#

14. Ogunkayode Wasiu Ololade (Suredon)

March 17, 2015 at 9:57 am

I have Known KOREDE BELLO since 2010, and we’ve been friends since then. He is simply Unique. He is a very good Footballer and he loves doing accrobatic kicks. Then he always wanted to be an Accountant despite his Love for Music, fortunately UNILAG disappointed him despite he Passing the Cut-off mark (I believe they will regret not Granting him Admission). Non-the-less i have listened to his many songs and those days, he would compose songs in my name and that of my kid sis while Playing his Guitar …
    Today, i am very proud of Who Korede Bello is and what he is developed into. One Love Korede Bello and One Love #Bellovers

15. kyermun

April 8, 2015 at 1:04 am

I admire korede so much,his young, cute with a lovely Gods given voice.Use it well.

16. ibn abubakar

April 17, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Korede may d ore never leave ur side 4 a moment asee o

17. Mary sinachi

May 12, 2015 at 5:06 pm

I really love ur [email protected] Pls keep on glorifying God nd neva backslide, nd i luv ur winks.i luv u dearie

18. Chisom anaedobe

July 24, 2015 at 10:23 am

I love u korede keep it up bro d sky iz ur limit reply