News

Patience Jonathan on Her Husband’s Re-election Bid: “Everybody is Staying for 8 Years, Now it is Our Turn”

PIC. 9. PRESIDENT JONATHAN DECLARES HIS INTEREST IN 2015 PRESIDENTIAL RACE IN  ABUJA

First Lady Patience Jonathan has been passionately campaigning for her husband’s re-election. Speaking at a women’s rally in Benin, Edo State, she expressed that President Goodluck Jonathan must be re-elected at all costs.

According to The Nation, she stated, “everybody is staying there for eight years. Now it’s our turn. We must complete our eight years.”

Purportedly referring to APC, she further stated, “I am a peaceful person and I preach peace anywhere I go. They are looking for a fight; they are looking for war. They are troublesome people. That is why they went and took expired drugs. Now they are crying. They are the people stoning people and nobody talked.”

The First Lady is also said to have referred to some drama that ensued after there were issues with  booking of the Ogbemudia Stadium for her rally and a separate event by Aisha Buhari, wife of Muhammadu Buhari.  “They are dragging stadium with me, but me I am ready to go to the street and do my campaign.”

Further disparaging APC, she stated, “They were there years back. They have nothing to offer. Ask them: what did they offer us when they were there. They were in Aso Rock before. What did they forget in Aso Rock that they want to go and take? Days are gone when old people will continue to dominate us.”

Also denying insinuations that she mismanages finances, the First Lady added:

Photo Credit: NAN-PHOTO

1. Robin Hood

March 16, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Mama Patience. you are a pretty woman for your age and level. But you are an embarrassment to your gender and Nigeria as a whole with your utterances. However, i give it to you, you have the balls that your husband does not have. I hope you guys leave Aso Rock after the elections for a more credible and capable person

• Gbaam!

March 16, 2015 at 5:53 pm

“I don’t have a budget, no constitutional rights. Will you now say I am corrupt? I am not holding your money. I don’t have budget attached to my office. Go and probe me and see if I have your money.” Statements like this don’t come from inarticulate people. She may not speak English as much, that does not make her a disgrace. Yorubas interpret every foreign language spoke in their churches in spite of the educational level of church attendees. I have chosen not to listen to GEJ’s traducers simply because they are ethnically inspired, prejudicial and wicked. Most people in Lagos are supporting APC simply because of the repercussion on their businesses especially bloggers, radio stations and the press. I will NEVER support evil as the type being perpetrated in Lagos.

• Wale

March 17, 2015 at 5:21 pm

She has no filter, and it seems her handlers are afraid to help her. She is the number one liability to her husband.

2. Taiwo

March 16, 2015 at 12:09 pm

*bites on a sock*

3. demmykas

March 16, 2015 at 12:09 pm

If she said she does have money, the rally in Edo, how did she organise, did she took parts of the drug for her to know that they have expired, he still now referring obasanjo tenure as APC tenure or what. Or is she automatic denouce the nonsense she said in calabar

• pearl

March 16, 2015 at 2:00 pm

@ demmykas Pls what are u saying* confused*. Jst speak pidgin better for us abeg ah ah!!!

4. jefka

March 16, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Everybody is staying 8years it is our turn,……
    Mama P pls listen to yourself, then again impulsive speech is part of your well known trait.
    what are they looking for in aso rock??????? are you a child? the again you are an overgrown baby dt pdp has to manage till you leave office.
    if your husband looses this election i will blame it on you, this six weeks of good and brave deeds that he is trying to accomplish, is what your unconstructive, childish and incoherent criticism is trying to defeat.
    i implore you to please, make yourself invisible and unheard until this election is over.
    God bless you Ma in aniticipation of your co operation.

• S!

March 17, 2015 at 2:00 am

She actually thinks a second is her & her husbands birthright.
      I doubt she knows how the constitution works or if she’s ever read it before (that’s if she can read).
      Mama Peace you have to work to earn a second term!

5. India

March 16, 2015 at 12:33 pm

“They are dragging stadium with me”??????? What does that even mean???? This woman is an embarrassment to all Nigerians around the world. THIS is our first lady?? I’ve seen uneducated market women with more class and poise than this person. Who is handling her? Why can’t she try to APPEAR more literate? She’s so frustrating…

6. toby

March 16, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Someone please school his overgrown baby/disturber of peace that she is campaigning against her husband with her ignorant utterances. Will you hear a Michelle Obama spitting such nonsense?, Her husband would have been removed from office and won’t have smelt the President’s seat a second term. And what the heck does “everybody is staying for 8 years, now it is our turn” mean? PLEASE help me explain in whatever her language is to her that is it NOT her/husband’s birthright to be in that office, it is A PREVILEDGE and A CALL TO SERVICE…”SERVICE” being the key word here. the nerve of this woman and her utterances just baffles and riles me up. I cant even blame it on illiteracy, I know people who are not lettered but compose themselves in a matter that behooves a literate. Mr. President, Put your wife on a LEASH cos she’ doing far more damage to your already dwindling image!

7. lol

March 16, 2015 at 12:53 pm

This lady is so illiterate it makes me cringe.

8. Free mind

March 16, 2015 at 12:59 pm

this woman need to chill,,,

9. sista

March 16, 2015 at 1:01 pm

I’m not a Nigerian but I ve been wondering “ what did Nigerians do to deserve this type of first Lady””?
    Her utterances are very degrading.

• Gbaam!

March 16, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Because she spoke in English, a foreign language, her utterances becomes degrading right? Do you know that you are guilty of racism? Yeah right, you heard me. When will you be emancipated from this mental slavery that says if you can’t express yourself in English you are degrading yourself or your country. This discriminatory attitude is what Caucasians use to keep blacks down in America. Minorities are part of Nigeria and she is right. When it was the turn of Yoruba and Hausa nobody challenged them.

• BMaiya

March 16, 2015 at 6:52 pm

@ Gbaam: maybe you should reply in your local dialect so we are sure you are not a racist.

• Heeba

March 16, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Then let her speak her language and a translator can translate for her. Period!! It’s not by force

• S!

March 17, 2015 at 1:46 am

Keep quiet and learn to take critism.
      Did she lie? Because she isn’t Nigerian you want to pounce on her?
      This stupid attitude is part of our many problems!

• Tar

March 17, 2015 at 2:13 am

Excuse me, how do you know the person you are responding to is guilty of racism. They just stated the plain ugly truth, but because you read “I’m not nigerian” you have assumed the person is Caucasian. Abeg rest!

• Chinco

March 17, 2015 at 9:19 am

Its the content of her words and not the grammer itself. By the way you shouldn’t call somone racist just because they dont agree with you. How do you know shes not African

10. hafsat-imamlawal

March 16, 2015 at 1:03 pm

“Everybody is staying for eight years,now its our turn” kinda nauseating.its doesn’t matter what the people want,all that matters is for you to complete your eight years.someone should please get this woman a filter!!!

11. Veeda

March 16, 2015 at 1:05 pm

goose and gander bumps are all I see on my skin anytime I hear this momma speak! there are finishing schools where this her ‘illness’ can be cured. Lord have mercy!!!

12. BB

March 16, 2015 at 1:11 pm

“They are dragging stadium with me” that’s a straight Urhobo/Itshekiri language translated into English Language literally, thereby losing its meaning. Never knew stadium was a movable object until now, thanks to our literary giant, madam Peace!!!

13. cyhnthiaa

March 16, 2015 at 1:13 pm

I must say am appalled at the way this woman continues to disgrace the office of the First Lady, I really cannot believe there isn’t anyone to mange such ridiculousness in the entire country, it just goes to show how weak our government is when he cannot control his wife,how exactly does he want to control an entire country; trust me am really not sure anyone has taken time to explain the consequences of her actions if she is indeed prosecuted by ICC , will we as Nigerians continue to listen to this rubbish for another four years, it is really really sad to know that this is what Nigeria has been reduced to…very sad

14. Beeeee

March 16, 2015 at 1:16 pm

Kai, my First Lady, I love you and all but come on now……this is something you discuss with uncle Jona in the privacy of your own home…..I am sure there are lots of people that are thinking along this line but this is not something you say in public…i still love you

15. chelle

March 16, 2015 at 1:23 pm

beautiful nails. i never hexperredit

16. Olayemi

March 16, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Dear Lord, we are sorry for all we have done. Please, stop punishing us with this woman. Thank you.

17. joliebebe

March 16, 2015 at 1:28 pm

All her (PDP) fans on BN don take cover. Won ti gentle. Lol!!
    This momma na stand up comedian jor!

• Nahum

March 16, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Won gentle gan lol

• Modele

March 16, 2015 at 6:14 pm

You took words out of my mouth. I was just waiting to see the PDP supporters on BN coming to her defence . However, Mama Patience’s actions and comments are sometimes indefensible..

18. Naijababeii

March 16, 2015 at 1:35 pm

where is my stuff box i need some tears now now biko mama peace respect urself learn to speak and when u do, do it wella thank u

19. Naijababeii

March 16, 2015 at 1:38 pm

come to think of it, mama peace when will u fry yam and akara by d road side? ALL NA CAMPAIGN!

20. Chi!

March 16, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Why d hating on this woman pple?what has she done to u all to deserve dis hatred.commenters pls be careful cos God will judge our sins!jonathan 2015-2019.

• me

March 16, 2015 at 4:30 pm

Its because of people like you that Nigeria will not be a better place, even when the truth stares you in the face, you still pretend that it is not so…… God help you

21. Koko

March 16, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Na her turn now, Abeg no body should drag stadium with Mama Peace. LMAO! Naija politics.

wordsbykoko.blogspot.com

22. oluwaseun

March 16, 2015 at 2:28 pm

God’s will alone must prevail in Nigeria. All we’ve currently got are political jungs

23. missappleberry

March 16, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Lol! Very funny comment from the first lady….sounds as though the presidential position is an inheritance lol.. Na wa oh.

24. concerned

March 16, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Mama peace oo, respect yourself!! Must you open your mouth? MUST YOU?!!!!! Chai! All this nonsense you are spewing, diarrisGoduuuuoooooooooooooooo!!

25. amy

March 16, 2015 at 2:40 pm

All I can say is GEJ 2019

26. ama

March 16, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Bella Naija, please make provision for “unlike” , not just “love this”. Comments such as Chi’s need to be serioulsy unliked.

27. PACE

March 16, 2015 at 2:48 pm

My sincere and honest advice to Mama Peace…… You’re better off shutting your mouth and leaving people in doubt as to how dumb you are or could possibly be than opening your mouth and leaving nothing to doubt. Please do the needful. On a side note, the level of intelligence of Mama Peace says a lot about Jonathan’s state of mind. Iron sharpens iron. If this is the type of iron sharpening Jonathan’s iron on the home front, should we be surprised at his performance? The sad part of it is that he is very comfortable with it and has no plans whatsoever to influence her level of intelligence. He has been president for six years and can afford the services of the very best tutors on planet earth to help improve this deplorable state of his wife’s mental capacity even if it’s limited to public speaking alone. What has he done? Nothing. How do we possibly expect a failure on the home front to deliver at presidential level? Shouldn’t we be shocked if he performed any better? A wise man once said “You can’t give what you don’t have”.

28. Les 'slut

March 16, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Funny how uninformed most pple that comment on ds blog are, in this case “The Nation” being quoted here own by Asiwaju Tunibu managed by Gbenga Omotosho …

and all of here are screaming that she is childish and this is exactly how d APCteam wants u 2see it but as much as I agree wit u all and am now convinced that there is smear campaign 2STOP her at all cost bcs really she is making more than enough progress in winning more “Regular Women” for PDP in her own separate campaign so;
    1st it was Calabar and now this.

Abeg I watched her show “Patience Rally for Women” live on Tv which normally airs between 2pm-4pm everyday till she covers d whole 36states as 4now she still at d 12th state.

This woman being described here with all mana of words as an ignorant person is indeed one of APC biggest Achilles’hill in this election campaign season.
    If u observe without being biased or be hating on her 4no sincere reason :most of the things that she’s gat Balls 2say most politicians can’t say it while bcs it might be seen as Hate Speech but this Woman is Bold enough 2b hitting d APC where it hurts d most -her allegiance wit d “Women Folk”.

In other so civilised Presidential system of government like the US a party is expected tarnish d image n personalities of their opponent during campaign but d APC n Nigerians in general has continuously done so 2ds Woman n her husband n she seem not 2mind, but when PDP takes on Buhari some people say he’s not respected but 2b honest btw GMD and The Jonathans who “deserves” more respect from Nigerians???

• ada nnewi

March 16, 2015 at 3:26 pm

Buhari deserves more respect…please stop asking stupid questions….how can you compare a disciplined man with strong ethics with a charlatan?..No wonder Nigeria is so backward…

• Obiageliaku

March 16, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Is it impossible for you to give your opinion without insulting others that hold a different opinion from yours?
      Methinks you must be a frustrated single woman. I do suggest you change your name cause you sure don’t act like a typical “Ada Nnewi”.

• ada nnewi

March 16, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Her question is stupid, sorry that you’re easily offended by facts…Nnewi people are not known for tact…:)

• S!

March 17, 2015 at 1:53 am

@Obiageliaku practice what you preach! You are condemning someone for bashing yet you go ahead and bash her too?
      It’s your kind that will defend Mama Peace!

• chichi

March 16, 2015 at 4:13 pm

@les slut. You made some valid points but she needs to do better mehn. I don’t think she is stupid, i just think she is uncouth. She is street smart but i doubt that’s what we need. lol..mama peace wont kill me. Your question get as e be though…
      Ada Nnewi just said Buhari has strong ethics. LMAO. Kai, you are a serious ride or die chick. Girl, its okay to support Buhari but don’t play on our intelligence.

• ada nnewi

March 16, 2015 at 4:36 pm

From your comment you lack sufficient intelligence for me to play on…:)

• chichi

March 16, 2015 at 5:51 pm

oh arent you predictable hunny.. lol..Please when isnt this vapid performer questioning ppls intelligence when she gets caught in her bs?. Listen, i do have a humble opinion of myself okay, so nah, not getting into such stupid debates with you. Oh and there is absolutely nothing interesting nor mysterious about you hunny. You are simply spurious and any fool can see through you….
      Buhari has strong ethics. LMAO.. i see you smartypants 😉

29. chi-e-z

March 16, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Gotta give it 2 the woman she supports her man.. dat ride or die :’D I can’t deal with the bagauns sha… lmao BN commeters just keep killing me with their comments.

30. Mousepad

March 16, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Pearl please shut your trap! You are only privileged but that doesn’t give you the right to be condescending…be grateful!

• ConcernedNigerian

March 16, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Its so funny how you try to shussh @Pearl for calling out someone that spoke very incoherently. But its quite ok to trash Mama P and call her names for her equally bad English. You see your life!!!!!!!
      Mama P #alldayeveryday, anybody wey talk say person water nor go boil, ‘im stove no go catch fire. There is no stopping her, no matter how much the world want to ridicule her, twist whatever she says; alas no one can place her in a hole.

31. MAry

March 16, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Please you people should leave mama peacemaker alone ooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    if jonathan was your husband, wont you try to support him?

32. @edDREAMZ

March 16, 2015 at 4:08 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    “everybody is staying there for eight years. Now it’s our turn. We must complete our eight years.” lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo……
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

33. Missy J

March 16, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Mama Peace should take a clue from Aisha Buhari. What we see is just a presidential candidate’s wife buying suya by the roadside and frying Akara but I bet you don’t know she’s doing a serious campaign,talking CHANGE and luring people to vote for her husband in a down-to-earth manner. This is what I expect from Mama Peace and not giving people stones. Someone said she’s a big threat to APC, my dear you lie! First lady is like this because she has nothing to lose. She doesn’t hold a political post so she can do as she likes And we don’t need APC to tell a right from wrong. So biko First Lady the Nation comes first before any other personal ambition abi birth rights.

34. Oluwaseun

March 16, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Just when I thought my day wouldn’t get better, Mama peace gives me something hilarious to laugh about. This woman should be a stand-up comedian. He market go too sell.

Never in my life have I seen somebody so dumb occupying an esteemed position. This is an oblivious reflection of the values of a blind, corrupt, docile, ineptitude society we live in.

35. Jojo

March 16, 2015 at 4:55 pm

I have a sock..

36. Les 'slut

March 16, 2015 at 5:23 pm

Unfortunate thing is most Nigerians here still see someone that is not fluent in English as “Not intelligent”

Missy J how can u say that now…? Aisha Buhari is jus a Learner, Patience don pass that Level, she sure knows her way and how 2get to the Hearts of d Real Nigerians not u and I here in BellaNaija.

Have u ever asked urself who are those thousands that SHOWUP in everything City she goes 2hear her Speak???

Personally I watched d Calabar show and I know she never said “throw stones” where is d Video 2support that like her many others and here comes this one “written words” quoting her. And all APCsupporters jus belived it jus bcs I can’t stand her guts.

I never and will never look down on anyone all bcs of “SpokenEnglish”

• Oluwaseun

March 16, 2015 at 5:51 pm

@Les ‘slut, this is not a case of spoken English, it’s clearly a case of idiocy, truancy and lack of decorum by the wife of an highly placed politician. I’m in awe by whatever you mean by her knowing how to get to the hearts of “real Nigerians”. I wonder who the fake ones are. People like you are obviously the reason why Nigeria is not growing and more so why Nigerians have not-so-good reputations outside the shores of these ridiculed country.

37. sly

March 16, 2015 at 6:13 pm

I so love mama peace,what did they forget in aso rock biko.

38. Beau

March 16, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Oluwaseun english grammar teacher – it’s a clear case of and not it’s clearly a case of, wife of ‘a’ higly placed and not ‘an’ highly placed I can go on and on. not that I am a fan of mama Peace but your case is that of “having a log in yous eyes and trying to………………………” you know the rest.

• BO

March 16, 2015 at 10:59 pm

@beau Oluwaseun didn’t say anything wrong……the way he/she has constructed English isn’t wrong by any standard so please. Mama Peace’s shameful act reflects the quality of people at the presidency or better still reflects who we are as people. First lady of the most populous black nation speaks rubbish all the time….for the idiot’s information PDP ALWAYS RULED THE NATION. Was it not the corrupt and sharp practices of Obasanjo that made Jona VP in the first place. Anyway whatever……Mama Peace should use the money for her wrist watch cartier ballion blue and the white gold diamond, encrusted & pearl necklace to get an adviser who would help her act rightly and speak the right things…..there are finishing schools in Nigeria she can at least attend…..

39. Heeba

March 16, 2015 at 8:09 pm

So Because it is turn by turn I should allow you people to kill me??
    Mbah …..NO Way leadership is not a turn by turn thing what’s the meaning of that?? Msheww……..that’s why we can never reach where we are supposed to be with this PDP thing of turn by turn

40. Maye

March 16, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Please I seriously need someone to help advise this woman to stop talking anyhow so that she doesn’t creat more problem for jona.

41. PD Young Billionaire

March 17, 2015 at 12:29 am

Ew! I pray that this woman’s utterances doesn’t scatter Nigeria!

42. Sunshine

March 17, 2015 at 3:43 am

Mrs entitlement says since everyone did 8 years, they too must be there for the same period of time??? Nigerians, there is your reason for voting their asses out of office. The dummest thing i have ever heard.

43. Ike

March 17, 2015 at 4:59 am

She is such a joker!

Heavenly Father please we ask for a filter between the brain of Patience Jonathan and her mouth, Amen

44. Biodun

March 17, 2015 at 5:16 am

Joker!

Looser!!!

45. Shads

March 17, 2015 at 9:13 am

nigeria needs serious change … please stop recycling leaders!! Someone new for president

46. Shads

March 17, 2015 at 9:14 am

I mean is this really your First Lady

47. Chinco

March 17, 2015 at 9:30 am

I dont think the grammatical errorsis the problem, its more about what she says and her ‘I sabi’..nature

48. Diesel

March 17, 2015 at 11:10 am

I hope uncle Jona won’t end up divorcing this woman, if she want to be an obstacle to his winning the election. Just thinking out loud .. Nn hmm

49. hilda

March 17, 2015 at 12:38 pm

i think those statement where not made in edo state. it was in ekiti state

50. cullyv

March 17, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Mama P. U guys are not staying for 8yrs as u said in this statement “everybody is staying there for eight years. Now it’s our turn. We must complete our eight years.” u guys are going for 10yrs do have a re-think, and advice ur husband to allow change a chance..

51. ND

March 17, 2015 at 5:01 pm

All of you that posted ur comments on this issue have done so well. But may i remind us of one thing, an effective electioneering strategy does not mean the ability to speak queen’s English, it’s a matter of doing everything possible within the confines of the law to get the majority votes. Guys pls let’s not face mama P as if she has all of a sudden become the PDP’s flag bearer. Why do we have to criticise an innocent woman who’s helping her husband to scout for votes, where as a major contestant in the very polls does not know the full meaning of APC, the very party he’s representing. He also does not know the full meaning of INEC, and to crown it all, he does not know the name of his running mate. And all these dismal outings emanated from the interview he granted to world class press like Aljazera. I think nothing could be more embarrasing and disgraceful than that. I would appreciate if we find out these flaws in Jona’s speeches, rather than take seriously the speeches of a woman who’s office was never mentioned anywhere in the pages of the 1999 constitution as ammended. I think instead of all these, we should devoute time to pray for hitch free elections and the emmergence of the right candidate. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

52. sheu

March 17, 2015 at 7:13 pm

U missd calculation ma, if ur hobby wins which we no heaven forbids, d world rebukes. He wld b spending 10 yrs in power so pls keep convincing ursef ma cus I see notin 2 hold on 2 4 d past 6yrs of GEJ term bt SWEET J! Wat a total failure. Dis 1 no b repeat na “advised 2 withdraw by force”

53. Moorelabson

March 19, 2015 at 6:58 pm

…they were in Aso Rock before. What did they forget in Aso Rock that they want to go and take? When will this woman’s blocked head get through?

Madam Patience, abeg listen and let me teach you:
    Presidential Seat was moved from Lagos to Abuja in 1991 after Aso Rock was built by Gen. Ibrahim Gbadamosi Babangida. And we all know that Babangida was the person who seized power from Buhari.
    So, mind what you say.