News

Prince Harry to Quit British Army in June After 10 Years of Service

A Service Of Commemoration - Afghanistan

Prince Harry will quit the British Army in June after a 10-year military career.

Harry revealed the news via a statement released by Kensington Palace, BBC reports.

“I consider myself incredibly lucky to have had the chance to do some very challenging jobs and have met many fantastic people in the process.

From learning the hard way to stay onside with my Colour Sergeant at Sandhurst, to the incredible people I served with during two tours in Afghanistan, the experiences I have had over the last 10 years will stay with me for the rest of my life.

For that I will always be hugely grateful, he said.”

The Prince further stated that he is still considering his employment options after he quits the army.

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Max Mumby/Indigo

1. @edDREAMZ

March 17, 2015 at 11:25 am

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Which employment abeg… Just dey house dey chop money jor…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. oy

March 17, 2015 at 11:34 am

lol

3. Zeal

March 17, 2015 at 11:35 am

Well done Prince Harry, you have made your country proud. Our own and their children siddon dey show off wristwatch, cars etc. SMH

• mrs chidukane

March 17, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Is it only wristwatch and cars? School abroad while others languish at home on strike. Have the best of everything while others go to bed hungry. Use the machinery of the state and the security vote to secure their lives and party from coast to coast while thousands die daily in the hands of terrorists and criminals. They would rather their children serve in the US military than serve their fatherland (yes, this is a fact. I have names to back it up) . They should keep it up. One day all these things will end

Well done Prince Harry, you have done your country very proud. No African leader will allow his child risk his life like you have. All they know is how to keep their thugs high on cheap drugs so they can do their every evil bidding.

• NaijaPikin

March 17, 2015 at 6:23 pm

OBJ has a son currently in the army….BN posted an article on him a while back.

But i do agree, very few naija leaders with allow their children serve their country. The only service they know na chop money service for ministry.

4. henry

March 17, 2015 at 12:18 pm

10 years of service that is wonderful .

5. JULIE

March 17, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Better Pikin, Lol

6. prince

March 17, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Amazing!!! A Prince from the high and mighty Palace. Ours will even hire you to protect theirs. This is what leadership is, it’s service. God bless and keep you strong

7. maria

March 17, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Bella Naija he his not quitting.His tenure is over. he is retiring.

8. Brenda Holmes

May 7, 2015 at 6:07 am

I am sure Prince Harry will be good at anything he will chose to do after he leaves the Army. Maybe his own dad and the Queen, will need help, as I am sure that it is a huge responsibility to be involved in Buckingham Palace’s monies and investments. Prince Harry sure knows, how to work with the pubic, and the people just love to be around this wonderful young man.
    Good luck, Prince Harry.