News

Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos & Abuja

Fuel-Scarcity

Earlier this week, it was reported that the federal government is yet to pay N256.2 billion debt it is owing the Major Marketers Association of Nigeria (MOMAN), and as a result, fuel scarcity was imminent.

And now, Vanguard is reporting that fuel scarcity has officially hit Lagos and Abuja.

This development comes just one day after the three-day ultimatum that MOMAN gave the federal government to pay up the debt owed.

As a result of the fuel scarcity, many petrol stations have increased the pump rice of fuel, selling for between N100 and N130 per litre. In addition, there has been a significant hike in public transportation fare and prices of services and commodities in Lagos and Abuja.

1. Mystique

April 29, 2015 at 11:44 am

Is whah; naija i hail thee. How do i get home from work cos my tank is red. can anyone give me a lift home after work??? thanks

2. niola

April 29, 2015 at 12:10 pm

as in mystique..my thoughts exactly how will I get home from work…I shouldn’t have come to work..

3. Miss_Flygerian

April 29, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Will this ever end? Awolowo road Ikoyi is on standstill because these petrol stations are hoarding their fuel.

• tee

April 29, 2015 at 1:09 pm

were u able to get fuel to buy? Fuel stations in awolowo road is not selling.

• Miss_Flygerian

April 29, 2015 at 3:37 pm

They’re still not selling o. Most fuel stations on the island are not selling. Meanwhile, my parents in Ikorodu said the scarcity hasn’t gotten there yet.

• segun

May 24, 2015 at 5:20 pm

wait for 2 months.

4. tammy

April 29, 2015 at 1:47 pm

I bought black market yesterday, 10 litres for 1400. Today it’s 2k, naija I hail thee.

5. TrulySpeaking

April 29, 2015 at 2:23 pm

O ma ga o. No power, plenty heat (except for the succour brought by the rain yesterday), no fuel to power fan too? Our purchasing power has been eroded by need to fuel our generators in the last 3-4 months now. We buy fuel EVERYDAY!
    Is this the send-forth punishment from the incumbent government or what?
    God please intervene in the affairs of our country, amen.

6. prince

April 29, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Those of us living in Abuja have been experiencing that for the past 3months, it’s not new to us maybe Lagos is just having a taste of theirs. I believe in Nigeria, E go beta

7. Tanya

April 29, 2015 at 4:28 pm

The queues here in Abuja have been to the moon and back for the past 4 weeks now!

• S!

April 29, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Please it’s been more than 4 weeks, almost 2 months!

• segun

May 24, 2015 at 5:21 pm

soon to the sun and back.

8. OD

April 30, 2015 at 10:47 am

I am surprised at this headline, ” Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos & Abuja”. Why? Because there has been fuel scarcity in Abuja for the past one month. It can only be worst.