Relationships

Joro “Doktor Mofin” Olumofin Shares 10 Tips on How to Get a Boyfriend

JoroLagos socialite Joro Olumofin is out with a new write-up where he dishes out on 10 tips for getting a boyfriend.

He shared the tips on his Instagram page saying:

(1) Remove guys from your friendzone list: “Friendzone” is a mental classification or categorization of a guy or group of guys in a lady’s mind I.e she sees a guy as a non sexual object or as a brother. Some single  ladies today see having a lot of guys on their friendzone list as an achievement or an award, they enjoy the fact that guys keep trying to get their attention or approval while they call him things like “bro” , “cuz” , “G” “padi” as a means to discourage him from trying to talk to them.. My question is if you’re single and you’re looking for a boyfriend why have so many guys as just friends without giving them chances? Or opportunities to prove themselves. Marriage counsellors have revealed that most couples were initially just friends or co-workers. Un-friendzone some guys and see where it leads, you may just be swept off your feet..

2) Smile Often ; Look Approachable: A lot of guys are discouraged to approach a Lady who has a strong or mean face. They may be scared of instant rejection or think you’re just mean. Primacy Effect in Psychology makes emphasis on first impression being an important factor in perception. So Ladies if your face is strong and your heart is soft make an effort to smile more.

(3) Change your normal routine (try a new church, bar, cinema, beach) : If you’re a single lady and you’ve been attending the same church, cinema, bars for the past 16 months and there is no visible suitor I suggest you switch the branch of your church from Ikeja to Surulere, or Apapa to VI. This is a Process known as randomization; doing something different or attending new places will give you a new set of possibilities of meeting new suitors.

(4) Eliminate Distractions : (Exs, Single minded friends, friends with benefits etc ) : Exs that just hang around like vultures waiting for drunk sex to happen again or standing in your way of moving forward  need to GO, “single minded friends ” ladies you may have that friend or “friends” who wants you to be single because she’s single too and it’s ok for you to have a boyfriend only when she has a boyfriend, that friend/ friends needs to go, friends with benefits only create a mirage in your mind because you’re being emotionally and physically satisfied but there isn’t any strong commitment so you find yourself in a quandary or dilemma because you’re living for the moment and not the future.

(5) Open Mindset and Reasonable Standards : Some Ladies have crafted and created their boyfriends or husbands in their minds, they have played the role of creator in the Cognitive Archetypes so any guy who doesn’t meet a particular standard or level shouldn’t even bother walking up to them. No one is saying lower your standards but there are a lot of guys with potential out there…not everyone can be 100% and complete when you meet them.

(6) Go out less with your friends : Obviously this doesn’t mean you should be a recluse but there are sometimes when you should just be that pretty or stunning lady at the mall or movies. Studies have shown that men feel more comfortable approaching a lady who is alone than with a group of ladies. Some ladies feel uncomfortable or think it’s a taboo to go out alone and feel that they would look desperate or awkward but ladies write your own rules, what works for others may not work for you..

(7) Be Active on social media : some people may disagree but social media when used properly can be a good medium for meeting people. Some ladies from January to August don’t post a single picture of themselves, their favorite football club, favorite movie, favorite political party on their BBM or Instagram they are basically Ghosts and observers. By posting a picture of anything you can attract a similar mind like yourself for you to at least start a conversation. It takes just one conversation to start something special

8) Attend organizations that are 60% male dominated ( gym, dance club, weddings) : Attending the gym often is not only good for giving you a great body but also for  meeting guys and you being the centre of attraction, weddings are the most popular in recent times and there are more males than females at weddings. Weddings have been credited for initiating a lot of marriages and relationships

(9) Rebrand / Repackage yourself: While Staying true to yourself and upholding your ideals and goals. Focus on making yourself better than who you were yesterday by hard work, eating healthy, networking, working out, SELF LOVE and attitudinal orientation because if you don’t believe in your self no one will believe in you

(10) Pray: this is the most Important factor when searching for a boyfriend. Prayer does things that science cannot explain.

Remember having a boyfriend doesn’t make you complete, and being single doesn’t make you incomplete. Above all do what makes you happy and what is beneficial to you, stay true to yourself and have reasonable standards … #DoktorMofin

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. Africhic

April 24, 2015 at 10:25 am

Well said especially the last paragraph

• PurpleiciousBabe

April 24, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Agreed.
      After reading the comments first, I anticipated it will be crap but its not.
      Helpful TIPS.
      Really insightful too.
      Whilst most people were quoting the bible they forget the only way most men find their wives is when they see them. So therefore, be seeable lol.
      I enjoyed the tips and I am sure it will help other women too. x

2. slimshady

April 24, 2015 at 10:26 am

Well said. Burno left to u now.

3. Scared Homosapien

April 24, 2015 at 10:26 am

Na wa o, see me agreeing with this guy. *TighteningMySandals*

4. Mystique

April 24, 2015 at 10:28 am

Thanks a million……..very insightful. Will make the effort cos i need me a boo asap.

• vivian

April 24, 2015 at 11:02 am

and ‘le boo’ we shall get!!!

• Anonymous

April 24, 2015 at 3:02 pm

yes o…i second!

5. Free mind

April 24, 2015 at 10:36 am

well written ????????????

• Wale

April 24, 2015 at 1:19 pm

This applies to the LGBT community too. Also, another important point I think he left out is if you find someone you like, be confident-don’t be afraid to make the first move, he or she may have noticed you too;)

• esosa

April 26, 2015 at 2:59 am

Na wa o, every opportunity to talk about gays. This gay agenda is strong and influential. And they just want to recruit everybody on their side.

• Liz

January 10, 2017 at 4:28 am

Please get that disgusting LGBT crap out of here. That BS does not belong on this planet, you want to follow European ways so bad that you’d copy such an idiotic, unnatural behavior. FYI men to men/women to women combos is abnormal that’s why neither combo can procreate!

6. Wunmi A.

April 24, 2015 at 10:37 am

Gbam#….Well said.

7. jaskido

April 24, 2015 at 10:39 am

first time commenting on this blogg cus all he has said is demn ryt asin 100%

8. precy

April 24, 2015 at 10:43 am

100/100

9. Ada_ugo

April 24, 2015 at 10:50 am

I like this list.
    Although I would title it something different like ” how to meet the right guy”, or something along those lines. Finding a boyfriend may not be everyone’s priority. husband, i understand, but boyfriend?… It’s a solid list nonetheless.

• MC

April 24, 2015 at 2:30 pm

…but wasn’t husband once boyfriend? ??

10. Call Me Gorgeous..

April 24, 2015 at 10:55 am

I love this article and the writer….:)
    Hello Doktor Mofin..are you single and available?!

• Simi

April 24, 2015 at 6:24 pm

One chance!!!!

11. JAYNNE

April 24, 2015 at 10:59 am

THIS IS A VERY INSIGHTFUL ARTICLE, I AGREE 100% WITH ALL 10 POINTS

12. Sky

April 24, 2015 at 11:19 am

You know what? i was already rolling my eyes from the beginning, determined to be exasperated over ANOTHER ‘advice’ to women on how they can meet a man, but for some reason, the way he presented his tips came across as intelligent, honest, down-to-earth and ‘kindly’, not in a know-it-all or condescending way.
    Plus he made logical, sensible points. The bit about social media is interesting and true in a positive way. One would have to agree with him.

jewelzmag.com

13. Ebony

April 24, 2015 at 11:21 am

I can’t with this guy.
    Maybe if the article came under a different name and photo I’d have considered reading the first line.
    Yes I opened the link only for this comment.
    Bye

14. mama mia

April 24, 2015 at 11:23 am

The man who finds a wife has found a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord. But if I understand correctly, I am meant to find and keep the man as well. Both men and women need to start reading their bibles more often. The world’s gone ballistic over finding and keeping men. We’ve even turned men into lazy pups as they all want to be found without putting in the work after all, men are scarce… For those who need boyfriends here you go I hope this works for you not forgetting the best advice on here is the last paragraph. ..

• nala

April 24, 2015 at 2:48 pm

You have made the MOST sense in this man woman matter. A woman does NOT, I repeat, does NOT search for a man. It is not my place to search for a man. Period.

15. Nahum

April 24, 2015 at 11:30 am

Hmmmmm, “Doktor Mofin”….if I talk now, people will come for me but I will sha say my piece. Mofin, please leave women alone. This your “list” has been written and re-written from time immemorial. Any woman that is ready for a relationship knows how to go about getting herself in one, its not exactly rocket science you know. That said, I will never agree with your list because I do not believe that a woman has to jump through hoops to find a man. The bible puts the onus on THE MAN to find his wife. It is lists like this that have made men very lazy when it comes to wooing and dating women. We have somehow conditioned women, with the help of people like you, to always make themselves available and eager for men, and as a result, men now have no desire to put any effort into their relationships. So here is MY advice to you, next time you feel like dishing out your two cents, try and dish out some sensible advice to the brothers on how to treat, love and respect their women and stop looking for side chicks. Can you handle that???

• Khaleesi

April 24, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Nahum u & me both…. you’ve said it all.
      Thank you!

• Ray

April 24, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Who made you the spokeswoman for all women? If you don’t need or find his advice useful that’s fine but other women do, so simmer down please.
      P.s. Please please please, apply wisdom in whatever you say in the future. I’ll let you slide for this comment but next time try and use your brain- properly.

• Nahum

April 24, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Ray sweetie, you don’t need to let me do anything, ’cause I do as I please and you can go kick rocks if it bothers you. You rushed to comment that you did not even read properly. I was not speaking for all women, neither did I mention that. I spoke for myself. Now, I apologize if I struck a nerve but tough cookies babe

• goodiebagman

April 24, 2015 at 1:56 pm

This guy usually yarns dust and I always laughed at his articles believing he writes them intentionally to wind up women and bella posts them for clicks and comments, but this particular one mostly makes sense and would be helpful for some people. We as men know that the onus is on us to approach and toast, but you have to be available to be toasted.

• Colour Purple

April 26, 2015 at 9:48 am

Nahum, a man is meant to find a wife but the woman has to make herself available!!!!!!!! My mum had told me this so many times and it worked for me, I share this with my friends especially the bit about going out alone and looking approachable, it gives you OPTIONS! So you can pick and choose from the long line of men falling over themselves for you. It’s that simple, really. Giving yourself options is never a bad thing.

16. Emem

April 24, 2015 at 11:35 am

Lovely piece!!! Let the hunt begin!!!

17. bib

April 24, 2015 at 12:09 pm

who needs a boyfriend. What do they do with those?

• Pankere

April 26, 2015 at 8:27 pm

the boyfriend is usually the one that becomes the fiance, and then later becomes husband..duuhhhhh

18. mywifeisfiiiiiiine

April 24, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Why do women look up to men for relationship advise? or should I say, what gives us guys the right to give women relationship advise when we are the ones that screw them over 80 percent of the time. Is the reason we give them advise because we screw them over most of the time and so we know why we screwed them over and we are saying to them, do what I say and maybe; just maybe I won’t screw you over next time. I don’t know much, but when I married my wife na me pursue am die, she didn’t have to impress me because I had to impress her to win her over, or maybe she did and I just didn’t know it, lol. Life is short ladies, don’t let a thief into your life, deep down I know you ladies know the truth about these things, live your truth.

• nala

April 24, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Thank you SO much for saying the truth. It is NOT a woman’s place to search for a man. A man will come for you IF and or WHEN he is interested. Hard face or not.

• hon

April 27, 2015 at 3:01 pm

i think this guy is just talking about “positioning” not outrightly searching for a man. positioning is important for your health, esteem, etc then also for meeting people. both men and women who will be helpful to your destiny. just put yourself in the right places, even if u dont meet Mr Right there, something good always comes out of it. Men!!! it applies to you too.

• super lady

April 24, 2015 at 3:13 pm

thanks a bunch for telling the truth….. I can’t run head over heels pursuing a man……

19. Paloma

April 24, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Passing by* I hv my Luv(BF) already 😛

• Rahama

April 24, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Take those glasses off.

20. Idomagirl

April 24, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Why does all of his advice begin and end with women? Advice your fellow men na.

21. Concerned

April 24, 2015 at 1:38 pm

@ Paloma……..hold him tight o. ehn ehn!!! Lol!!!

22. madamnk

April 24, 2015 at 2:34 pm

copy and paste man. What has he written that has not already been written word for word? BN should stop giving the likes of this man any popularity. Every tom, dick an dharry is now a relationship expert

23. ednutey

April 24, 2015 at 2:50 pm

All this cos I need a boyfriend, if i’m now looking for husband nko?

In as much as it should grow from boyfriend to husband,I sincerely think all this is hard work because of a ‘boyfriend’.Boyfriends are not gems,a boyfriend is a ‘boy’ that is your ‘friend’…if we cant meet in my most natural environment and my natural state…he should just move over to the next girl that is ready to toil to find him.

U can write another for husband-seekers though.Ild be waiting…..

24. Sky Blue

April 24, 2015 at 3:06 pm

I will always maintain that there’s no such thing as the friend zone. If I’m not into you or attracted to you, why will I want to date you? Where does this sense of entitlement come from? I know if the roles were reversed, I wouldn’t want a guy to date me just because he sees me as a decent human being. The point is not for me to convince him to see me like I’d like him to, I’ll just move on and find someone who is *that* into me. Not everyone will be attracted to you and that’s absolutely fine… That’s life!

25. Shopperoflife

April 24, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Who is this one again? You see why the police will not come to your rescue when robbers come visiting. Yet we all say Jonathan/PDP is corrupt. All Nigerians have a role to play if we are to bring back sanity into the polity. I shudder when l see two mobile police men guarding this no name, nobody, no portfolio holding man. Same way the police carry madam’s bag when she goes shopping. Same way twelve policemen guard some shudren when they go on an outing. Aaaah, Naija we sure do have a looooong way to go. Put the ardent of critics in a position of power and they demonstrate the larceny in them. I guess we all as a people have a bit of larceny in us. This man here in my opinnion is stealing from the Nigerian people. I say so becos, the tax l pay, that you pay, is used in paying emolument of those two policemen. So, if they are not there to protect me and a million other Nigerians then this olefin man is stealing our commonwealth. Stealing does come in different guises.

26. Chyka

April 24, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Insightful…wasn’t expecting anything new but am glad I read this. I think I need to lose “a friend . Lolz”…#newperspectivetofriendswithbenefits #no.4

27. NaijaPikin

April 24, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Here we go again…………….As if women don’t have enough on our plates already, na to begin operation find, attract and keep a man.

Why are there no articles addressed to men?
    – How to find and woo a babe
    – How to keep a happy girlfriend/wife
    – Fighting tempatations
    – Say no to peer pressure from your boys
    – How to keep a confident boss chick.

AI am not a hunter oh. Man will have to find me cos i no get power to be running up and down the place.

28. ShineShineShine

April 24, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Why would l listen to a man that bleach? This his yellow is not normal. Plus why are two policemen guarding him?

• hon

April 27, 2015 at 3:02 pm

ashahahhahahahahah truly, the picture is kinda weird. looks like a 419 kingpin

29. misseeninaction

April 24, 2015 at 4:55 pm

I just find it funny, that the good Dr, started adding scientific and research data to his points, Bellanaijarians y’all called a brother out from the DEEP, lol made him go and dust his text books just for you!
    I do think its a fair point that ppl should stop making lists for women, we ate the fruit first remember…. Men need to get their advise corner….10 tips on how to get and keep your girlfriend!

• NaijaPikin

April 24, 2015 at 9:31 pm

He is not a Dr. oh. Abeg no dey dash titles

30. s

April 24, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Great list jare. See me re-reading to ensure I hear well and looking for gym membership. And scared homosapien, babe read well oo, knack heels not sandals lol 🙂

31. Simi

April 24, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Better don’t enter one chance o!

32. jumii

April 24, 2015 at 6:32 pm

You’d be surprised by the content and in a pleasant way too.

33. Naveah

April 24, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Serious, no shade….who is this guy?

34. ty

April 25, 2015 at 3:54 am

well said. abeg bella naija make a forum or platform on your site for the singles. all this single guys you just they show us from wedding pictures. abeg make connection start. hahaha……

35. temi

April 25, 2015 at 5:00 am

I wonder why ur not married mr mofin cus you seem to be at every event/meeting in lagos, oh wait maybe the women are not classy enough for you or they are just as shallow and materialistic like you. #rollingeyes

36. temi

April 25, 2015 at 5:26 am

I wonder why your not married mr mofin. You attend every single event/wedding/ meeting. Oh wait the gurls are not classy enough for you or they are just as shallow and materialistic like you. Pot calling kettle black…… #rollingeyes….. pls go sit your ass down.

• Liz

January 10, 2017 at 4:30 am

Bitter?! If you want him, why not approach him? Don’t tell me you’re just an Internet analyzer that feels you know him so well smh….pathetic!

37. Dee-USA

April 25, 2015 at 9:53 am

So you guys are cosigning a list that suggests you leave the church you are attending (which you should be attending solely for a deeper connection to God, and not to find a man,) to switch to another where you may not have any spiritual connection, so you can find a man?

A list that says you should hit dance clubs (isn’t every social gathering in Naija a potential dance-a-thon?) to catch the eye of a man?

Remove a guy from my friend zone? If he’s in my friend zone it’s because he is meant to be a friend. Contrary to what some may think, every guy out there isn’t for you. So you can’t just flip a switch and collectively unfriend all your guy friends to give you a shot at many guys at the same time. My real guy friends are my friends because I have no interest in dating them. Now that guy I happen to like a lot knows he is definitely not in my friend zone!

Everything else he said is common sense. Stop falling for this guy’s gimmick! You shouldn’t take any guy who stages ALL HIS PHOTOS to look like he’s a man on a mission or a man in action. It is childish indulgence. Now he’s elevated it to posing with MOPOL because we are supposed to believe he is at threat to be mugged on the street or something?

If you’re a friend of this guy, please tell him to “Staaaaap it please.” Grow up and find your own woman so you’ll have less time for forcing yourself on us with your fake credentials and advice.

• lol

April 25, 2015 at 4:17 pm

Haha.oh dear take it easy on him.man must wak! (on my naija ‘s accent).

• Idomagirl

April 26, 2015 at 2:14 pm

As in!!!!!!!

38. oluwabunmi Agbeti

April 26, 2015 at 7:35 pm

This is insightful, I pray every male and female finds peace and happiness on every level. When you finally find “the one” don’t forget there is a wedding planner/event designer here to give you the wedding of your dreams , i have fabulous and affordable ideas.
    havenofimagination.com HOI Events

39. bettie

May 5, 2015 at 2:18 pm

thanks so much i wil pass dis on TO A FRIEND i think i no someone that need it she is so anti social THANKS