News

Man Embarks on Trek from Abuja to Bayelsa to Honour Pres. Jonathan

March 4 JonaLadies and gentleman, we have another trekker in the house!

Oladele John Nihi is walking from Abuja to Otuoke, Bayelsa to honour President Goodluck Jonathan.

Nihi made the announcement today via his Twitter account:

He has also been tweeting about his journey:

1. @edDREAMZ

May 4, 2015 at 3:26 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    I really want to insult this guy but make i just shut up… Ur business man…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. Dame Marian

May 4, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Great!Lets know how it goes Bella.Safe trek guy……..wish you all the very best.

3. Ochouba Chidinma

May 4, 2015 at 3:36 pm

#Trekking the new trend?……….Joblessness!

• ao

May 5, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Tell me about it. In honor of Naija…I’m going to trek to my fridge to get some ice cream. That’s all the trekking I will be doing.

4. ATL:s finest

May 4, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Ok I need these folks to officially quit tripping! Haba trekk is so trendy everyone is heading towards the Presido’s ok

5. polypoly

May 4, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Gurrllllll Stop!!!!! BN yall need to quit this mess and stop this platform of highlighting psycophancy…Na wah!! Nigerians are dying from hunger, disease, terrorism, graduates with no job oppurtunities and yall wanna distract us with this trekkers…..swaaaaa

6. hon

May 4, 2015 at 3:42 pm

trekking things…………lol. well done o

7. Bleed Blue

May 4, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Mimetic desire.

Rene Girard, come and see subjects of your life long study oh!

8. Naijababeii

May 4, 2015 at 3:48 pm

while like i said before TREKKERS ARE LIABLE TO SORE FEET#QUIT D TREND NOW BIKO#

9. Young and Confused

May 4, 2015 at 4:03 pm

On a serious note though.. I believe its rather interesting that we can communicate with this particular “Trekker”… At least it shows proof of his claim.. My hope is that the brover should not come and go and die for nothing oh! Becuase hian! Bayelsa e far gan oh! #TrekforGEJ

I still dont get the reason for the Trek Sha.. I asked the Omolomo a kind kweshion lori twitter and he is “speaking” politics for me.. We shall see sha.. May 29 will soon reach.

10. daihorlar

May 4, 2015 at 4:03 pm

Thank GOD he isn’t my boyfriend! I’ll just end it here! Habe what is this na, soo nauseating

• chydee

May 4, 2015 at 4:48 pm

According to his friend, via twitter, his wife supports him!

11. sussy

May 4, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Its all fun and games until one of these trekkers collapses, I hope they consulted their doctors before starting all these trekking. Joblessness at its peak!

12. aziz

May 4, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Why are this guys wasting their time, are they jobless?

• aziz

May 4, 2015 at 4:09 pm

I mean these trekkers.

13. Ebony

May 4, 2015 at 4:14 pm

Lmao @ another trekker in the house.
    Oya nau.
    “Haven’t took off” :(. Autocorrect or sponsored by Mama Peace?
    Am instead of I’m. Cringeee
    2 pure waters. My eyes.
    Eku trekking to y’all. What were you people even doing before this trekking thing?

14. Ty

May 4, 2015 at 4:17 pm

this is nonsense. It not a new. Our great parent has done worse and no new paper carry am. Please do something unique and new. Like making wings for yourself and flying to otueke. Rubbish

• feeyonah

May 4, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Were you sleep-typing? ?

15. Kenny Jossy

May 4, 2015 at 4:25 pm

The joblessness wey Jona cause na him put you for this trekking level. See him taffia sneakers, and him tin leg,you go no say he get deficiency busy body make you no find work.

16. super lady

May 4, 2015 at 4:30 pm

I nearly said, “many are mad but few are roaming on the street”. whats all these trekking madness???????

17. tunmi

May 4, 2015 at 4:31 pm

I think it’s a good thing.

18. sani

May 4, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Full of nonsese they are all money mongers

19. tammy

May 4, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Hiss…alayi ni ise shè

20. Strit Kredibility

May 4, 2015 at 4:50 pm

Its trekking season let them trek. The same way u want to follow trends and do things others have done before. E fi won le. Is it ur leg

21. i no send

May 4, 2015 at 5:02 pm

they don’t rally trek o..they hitch hike or use public transport because no one monitors their” trek”

22. feeyonah

May 4, 2015 at 5:09 pm

It’s Nigeria. Everything is a trend.
    Special thanks to Joblessness.?

23. chu

May 4, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Someone please give all these trekkers a job.

24. FUSION OAU

May 4, 2015 at 5:20 pm

mehn, just read through all the comments and believe me I had a very good laugh on a stressful Monday evening….. I don’t get it but all ’em trekker dudes are obviously looking for one dumb thing or another… maybe fame or some kind of cash gift or even a government appointment………… all-in-all na joblessness and stupidity wrapped in one big package…….

25. maria

May 4, 2015 at 5:41 pm

this is how you know that joblessness and poverty is disturbing people because seriously do you think a man with a job will start walking to honour any politician who has done nothing to benefit their generation like serious all this attention slurs and onijekuje should go and sit down and find something benefiting and profiting to do all this walking and swimming to honour a past and present president is enough and its getting annoying. A man with a serious job does not have time for this.

26. me myself and i

May 4, 2015 at 6:32 pm

I hope they won’t get lost on the road. buh this guy doesn’t look fit tho’

27. Pretty girl

May 4, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Boys are trekking as there is no job again

28. bbz

May 4, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Na yo, these people deff do not have jobs or have bills to pay.
    Why u go just wake up for morning talk say you wan trek for 3-5 days or even more.
    Na Gov work?

29. Pat

May 4, 2015 at 10:22 pm

This is becoming ridiculous now. Lol

30. ntewak

May 4, 2015 at 10:43 pm

What does this guy do for a living that he has one full month to trek? what is his recovery plan after the trek to bayelsa? Is he trekking back to abuja from bayelsa ? will he trek to katsina from bayelsa ? How much money does he have for this journey? Does he have first-aid kits in case of exhaustion ,etc? I am concerned..
    Anyway, to be truthful, let’s hope he has it all covered, we dont want any casualty from this trekking thingy.
    Meanwhile all you haters, if na white man bin do this trekking una for commend, now wey be say na nigerian do am, we dey complain, racism…
    I heard his wife supports him, i hope she is calling him every 30 mins to check up. Where is this guy’s mother? Is she aware that na only him dey waka go bayelsa from abuja. ….

31. nene+

May 4, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Be safe dear. Just know that Jonathan’s ambition is not worth a drop of blood of human.

Keep the faith i appreciate you but please be very safe.

32. FinchleysFinest

May 5, 2015 at 10:00 am

We need more jobs in NIGERIA…

I am sure he didn’t take days out of his annual leave to Trek..

33. Anonymous

May 5, 2015 at 11:44 am

Under all this hot sun and recent rain… well, more grease to your elbows but aren’t there other ways to honor our leaders? me I’m just concerned about safety as well hmmm

34. Aliyu Mohammed

May 5, 2015 at 11:50 am

KUDOS TO YOU!
    MAY ALLAH PROTECT YOU AMIN.

35. Sheriff

May 5, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Shenanigans!

36. Idomagirl

May 5, 2015 at 2:33 pm

Okay this is getting ridiculous.

37. harrison

May 5, 2015 at 3:41 pm

correct guy, you are the only person who have trek for a good reason. for the uncommon peace, for the uncommon LOVE, for the uncommon transparency of election, for the uncommon acceptance of defeat, for the uncommon PATIENCE (which every nigerian needs), THAT MADE GEJ A HERO NOT ONLY IN AFRICA BUT GLOBALY. PLEASE ALL THE WAY……….

38. TrulySpeaking

May 5, 2015 at 6:16 pm

He no go meet GEJ for house. Walahi!!!!!