Scoop

Eight Years Later…NeNe Leakes Announces She is Leaving ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

NeNe LeakesReality TV star NeNe Leakes has just announced that she is leaving the hit show Real Housewives of Atlanta!

The show has been on for eight years and 48-year-old NeNe Leakes exclusively revealed her decision to leave to People magazine. She said:

“This was definitely a hard decision for me. Me and my husband [Gregg Leakes] have been going back and forth on it for weeks now. But my contract is up and I just think this is the right time. This is my opportunity to spread my wings and do different things. I feel a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. There were times when I was a target. I won’t miss the negativity. I think some of the girls will be happy. They always felt like I was the star, and they were never able to really shine with me there, so here’s their opportunity to shine. I’m not saying I’m gone forever. I’ll probably pop up and play with those girls every now and then.”

She adds:

“I’m actually going to be doing a new primetime television show with a big legend. All of my fans will get to see me be really happy, witty and funny and tell all of those one liners that I always have said on Housewives.”

Photo Credit: Getty Images/D Dipasupil

1. Chika**

June 30, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Good luck to her!!! I know she will be back.

2. teee

June 30, 2015 at 1:32 pm

i am gonna miss her !
    RHOA would never be the same without her.
    i bet she would be back anyway

3. FasholasLover

June 30, 2015 at 1:50 pm

She was very entertaining. Obviously the star of the show. But her arrogance and down right rudeness to the other women was a total no no for me. Obviously, a result of her dysfunctional childhood. Soja go soja come barrack remain. I think the producers bent too backwards to almost breaking point for Nene. The person that should be kicked out is Shadra. She is so fake. Making excuses for that convict of a husband even when it was so obvious she was deceiving no one but herself.

• Shandi

June 30, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Phaedra! ***
      And she isn’t fake.

• polypoly

June 30, 2015 at 4:23 pm

gurlll please!!! Phaektra is too fake abeg!!!

Bye Lenetia, BYE WIG!!! we wont miss you!!!! they said the same about other housewives franchises….chaille cheese, they always find a way to come back to bravo. Quiet as its kept, Hollywood doesn’t see it for the ex-stripper turned reality star.

RHONY – when Betheny left we thought the show was done. oh please she came back to seasons later when her TV venture got the axe.
      RHOBV – Adrienne Maloof walked out but sure found no issues being attached to the show a season later. now there are rumors that Adrienne is tryna get promoted to “friend of the show”. gurl bye!

Bravo Andy – PLEASE bring SHEREE back!!!! #justiceForSheree #SheBYSheree #TVGOLD

• FasholasLover

June 30, 2015 at 10:38 pm

Shandi, I know it is Phaedra, but you sure must have heard Kenya refer to her as Shadra? I also think she is shady. So, she is Shadra in my books too!

• Seto

July 1, 2015 at 1:18 am

@Shandi, are you sure you have been watching the same show? The joke is on you gurrl!

4. ATL's finest

June 30, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Haven’t she said this before? Hmmm well godluck to her & yes. She definitely will be back

5. RHOA Fanatic

June 30, 2015 at 2:19 pm

You mean Phaedra @FasholasLover

• Ross

June 30, 2015 at 3:07 pm

LOL…..I was following until that line, and then I thought I was thinking of the wrong show lool.
      @FasholasLover, I’m with you on Nini’s nastiness being tiresome. I’m happy she’s leaving

• FasholasLover

June 30, 2015 at 10:46 pm

Her name is NeNe not Nini. Thank me now. Lol

• Sheri

June 30, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I accidentally liked your comment. I’m sure she meant shadra. As in shade combined with Phaedra because Phaedra likes to throw shade. I thought it was quite obvious what she wanted to say. You these ITK (I too know).

• FasholasLover

June 30, 2015 at 10:43 pm

Thanks jare. Meanwhile, dem be fanatics o. Now, we know those who watch and those who only hear gist! Hi5 jare.

• Princess

July 1, 2015 at 5:30 am

@sheri thank you o. Thought it was obvious too.

• FasholasLover

June 30, 2015 at 10:41 pm

You are a fanatic, how come you have never heard Kenya refer to her as “Shadra” ? Of course, l know her name is Phaedra. She is damn too shady.

• Seto

July 1, 2015 at 1:24 am

@RHOA Fanatic, Major side eye for you. How come you don’t know that Phaedra’s other name is “Shaedra?” Na wa for you o. And you say you are a Fanatic? Fanatic ko Airconatic nii.

6. l

June 30, 2015 at 4:34 pm

bye felicia!!!!

7. @edDREAMZ

June 30, 2015 at 4:39 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    Never watched the show and was never interested tho.
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

8. BlueEyed

June 30, 2015 at 4:57 pm

No Ms Nene! Bravo better bring one hell of a character next season, and yes she will be back! RHOA is her home

9. Lilo

June 30, 2015 at 10:47 pm

Nene is necessary evil in that show…but I am glad she took a bow when the ovation is still loud. Kenya and Claudia were so thirsty…I knew the show was taking a downturn

10. missatl

July 2, 2015 at 2:03 am

Going to be one boring and stupid show without nene, Pls bring sheree, she’s another tough one…kenya and claudia are very dry with no story line always trying to use nene and posha to hv a story smh