Scoop

Laverne Cox is the Queen of Liberty on the Cover of Entertainment Weekly

0-Laverne-Cox-for-Entertainment-WeeklyOrange is the New Black actress Laverne Cox covers Entertainment Weekly dressed as the Statue of Liberty, a monument which symbolizes hope and freedom for many.

Laverne Cox was photographed by Alexei Hay looking good in a green gown with a deep plunge.

In the magazine she talks about finally getting acceptance in Hollywood, the Caitlyn Jenner phenomenon and more.

Read excerpts from her interview below.

On being a transgender: “I just wonder, am I allowed to be a human being?”

On Caitlyn Jenner’s transition in the media:  “This is why I’m so grateful that I had the luxury of transitioning in private. Because when you transition in the public eye, the transition becomes the story. I’m always disturbed when I see conversations about trans people that focus on surgery. But I believe Caitlyn will transcend this moment.”

Read up the full feature here.

Photo Credit: EW

1. Sunshine

June 12, 2015 at 2:11 pm

No dis, but no matter how you slice it, you are were born a dude. However, you do whatever floats your boat as long as you are happy, cuz I am not to judge.

2. bruno FIERCE

June 12, 2015 at 2:19 pm

excessive dangerous expensive surgeries+hormones+hair extensions+heavy makeup+pretty dress+high heels= WOMAN

“she” is the weakest “actress” on orange is the new black. compair “her” to other actresses on the show.

the only roles u can play will be transgender roles. u can never play the girlfriend in a romantic comedy starring bradley cooper. never gon happen.

3. Mizzy

June 12, 2015 at 3:22 pm

totally agree wt Bruno, i doubt she can act ny romantic role, bt we culd b surprised

4. God'sBae

June 12, 2015 at 3:48 pm

But this transgenders really look feminine ooo, more feminine than people actually born female. Due to the Caitlyn Jenner saga I was curious and started googling. I even went to the extent of asking my kids (2 boys 1 girl) if they feel different. I asked the boys if they wished they looked like their sister, Although my boys are quite macho and do all the guy stuff but so was Bruce. I didn’t bother asking my daughter because she was born female and so shall she remain, lol. I even see the way she behaves(she too like shakara and always pretending to be one female star or the other). Anyways I came across one other transgender, Janet Mock. I was shocked to say the least. To say she’s beautiful would be a gross understatement. I asked my husband if he could believe this was boy before, he said “hmmmmm! Thank God I’m married, I would have fallen prey, easily too.” My own is that they should easy sha at least they shouldn’t take all the shine from the ones actually born female, lol.

5. Jojo

June 12, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Them shoulders will neverpass as a womans

6. M. Bruno

June 12, 2015 at 5:31 pm

He is not a woman. Sorry

7. Benito

June 12, 2015 at 6:36 pm

If you were 4ked up as a man, believe me you gonna be even more 4ked up as a WOMAN.

8. soladupe

June 13, 2015 at 1:01 am

her bleaching has really evenned out…Good for her

9. polypoly

June 13, 2015 at 4:18 pm

go head Queen Lavergne cox!!!!! yasssss hunnay, keep slaying hunty

let these gurls like bruno gag and stay pressed. she is an actress on a #1 netflix show while u struggle daily in naija. bye hunny!!!! lavergne is chilling and living freely while u struggle in silence with ur sexuality. smh, transphobia is real

live and let live, she is not committing a crime hunny. worry about the criminals in nigeria that stand at pulpits gurls