News

Moses Siloko Siasia’s Intention to Seek the Office of the Governor of Bayelsa State

BellaNaija.com

moses2

My name is Moses Siloko Siasia.  I am a young successful Nigerian businessman who has decided to run for office of the Governor for my home state of Bayelsa, Nigeria.

The age limit to run for the office of Governor in our constitution is thirty five.  I have waited patiently for a chance to change the political environment in Bayelsa and on June 7th of this year, I turned thirty five and I am ready to run. I am a native of Bayelsa and a self –made successful businessman who until sixteen years ago, was a street vendor who scrounged for money and food to survive.  Determined to take myself and family out of poverty, I worked day and night literally to gain a foothold in the very challenging private Nigerian economy.

After consulting with my family and friends, and based upon the tremendous outcry from my home state for help, I have decided to run for the office of Governor of Bayelsa. For far too long, my people have suffered from political oppression!  Despite being one of the wealthiest states in Nigeria, with an abundance of natural resources, Bayelsa has one of the highest unemployment rates in Nigeria.  Our children do not have modern schools or tools to educate them. Our students abroad are stranded without resources to complete their education. Our infrastructure has been neglected resulting in dangerous impassable roads, lack of potable water, and basic human hygiene.  Our older citizens have been abandoned and left to die in poverty and poor health.  Our young, internationally educated young men and women have been denied the opportunity to run for office, and told that “the office of the Governor is not for boys”. Young citizens of Bayelsa who today seek change are being threatened and intimidated for speaking up against the current regime. Fear mongering and intimidation has no place in Bayelsa and the time has come to end this madness and take back our state from lying, thieving, self-serving politicians.

Since Bayelsa became a state in 1999, there has not been any private economic growth. Our people rely solely on the allocation of Government funds to survive, but the money never trickles down to them due to wastefulness, mismanagement of funds, a lack of leadership and self-serving agendas. Our people have been cheated, lied to, misled, neglected, and held in political bondage for far too long and it is time to set my people free. My name is Moses, and I will lead my people to the Promised Land! I am running for Governor because it is time to take back our state and usher in a new era of leadership and prosperity for the people of Bayelsa. Today, the youth of Bayelsa is crying for real measureable change. The future of Bayelsa is in dire straits. Our youth, the custodians of our future are here to take back our state!

In July 2015, I will formally declare my campaign in Bayelsa, and on Election Day, will make history as the youngest elected person to the office of Governor in the history of Nigeria. It is time for us, the educated, proven successful business minded professionals to lead. The office of the Governor is NOT a trust fund for individualistic self-serving agendas. It is the highest office of the state charged with the responsibility of its people. As a successful businessman, I will govern the state with a firm grip on accountability and charge all those who will work with me with great responsibility and high integrity. I will bring in much needed international investments and create sustainable and meaningful private sector jobs. It is time for all foreign contractor who come here year in and year out to reinvest in our state. No longer will we allow the world, and our current leadership to take advantage of us. I aim to give hope to the hopes and give voice to the voiceless.  The time for real measureable change is now! I am Moses Siloko Siaisia and I am running for the office of the Governor of Bayelsa to lead my people out of political bondage and to a land of prosperity!

moses1

__________________________________________________________________________________
Advertorial– Sponsored Content

1. Californiabawlar

June 11, 2015 at 9:36 am

Won ti gbe bread de, there goes omi obe awon ara Bayelsa ??

I would translate but other tribes don’t eat ofe nmiri &/or oily soup anyways 😛

2. Bleed Blue

June 11, 2015 at 9:40 am

Interesting. I like the apparent determination.

Moses, if you’re reading this I think it might be worth giving a simple statement on what kind of venture you got into that took you from street vending to being a successful businessman. I say this because it may give the people more faith in you to know it was all through honest means.

Other than this, it was a motivational read. Plus you look like a happy guy 🙂 .

• fleur

June 11, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Yeah. I need to see the journey map all laid out before me without missing time points. Try piktochart or MS Visio 2013 version. We no need grammar. Just concise statements graphically depicted. I wanna know how you went from vending water, bread, wharrever it is, to the moment you met with your destiny (did you invent something, etc) to where you are today (did you go public with a company and increased in value per stock shares, etc). Oya start. I dey wait.

3. kiki

June 11, 2015 at 9:43 am

Waking up to news like this.. Its like waking up to breakfast in bed. I’m running back home to vote Abeg. I’m already fantasizing about the type of Bayelsa State we’ld have if n when he wins.

4. george

June 11, 2015 at 10:07 am

Finally like the Isrealites, Moses has come to resue the people of bayelsa. My brother I am proud of your Courage.

5. anslem

June 11, 2015 at 10:09 am

great news. I wish you success. we need refreshing and inspiring people like you in the political scene. God help you win.

6. Pryceless 'oap

June 11, 2015 at 10:30 am

on my way to Yenagoa already……pray you win, but you didn’t tell us your LGA na

• Dee

June 11, 2015 at 10:45 am

Does it matter? He’s from Bayelsa and wants to make a difference in Bayelsa. Simple.

7. One ijaw girl

June 11, 2015 at 10:35 am

He used to be the official decorator for any govt occasion during GEJ’s governorship tenure. Everyone has the right to contest, but please, I think it’s time the right to rule is given to the Yenagoa people.

8. Thatgidigirl

June 11, 2015 at 10:54 am

Beautiful rags to riches story indeed. Sixteen years ago, you were nineteen and still in Uni, how many undergraduates in Nigeria can boast of being rich or is that just to make the story sweeter? And no, you didn’t work hard to bring your family out of poverty, Samson Siasia former super eagles coach did that. What have you done for bayelsa state with all the money you got from nddc contracts, bunkery and your personal relationship with Goodluck Jonathan? Or were you just heaping it in preparation for this election? Yes you may be younger, but you are just as corrupt as the older generation with huge integrity issues. I suspected all that young professionals forum bullshit had a catch and we’ve seen it.
    Ps: if una like, call me hater but I’ve said my own.

• Bleed Blue

June 11, 2015 at 11:52 am

Oh well…if this is the real history….then…..the self made rags-to-riches story just got very un-romantic 🙁

• Ehiwarior

June 11, 2015 at 1:45 pm

E-hug, for that Thatgidigirl. GEj owns a farm in Kwara, and this minion manages it for him, plus other businesses, let him take his rag to riches story to his friends in the creek.
      e leyi fe fi bread agege ko wa ni omi obe, awon onirana.

• polypoly

June 11, 2015 at 8:39 pm

yasssssssss hunnnay!!!! come thru and let have sweetie!!!

you just did the shoki with this tea and dropped all the receipts on the way out….yasss boo!!! walk up to the stage and receive your “Most Valuable Comment” award….yasss!!

Questions – so what exactly was he hawking as a street vendor oh??? He didn’t reveal all his political connections in his PR firm greased & crafted letter….okay nau, no wahala….lol

I just love this age of social media in naija politics……these politicians cant fool no one….we gat all the tea and receipts boob boo.

9. Ehiwarior

June 11, 2015 at 11:04 am

LInda Ikeji shared a post on her blog about this young man, then he was 32years and that was February 23, 2015.
    Fast-forward to June 11, 2015, he is 35. Amen somebody, miracles does happen.
    This man was in Unilag in 2011 during Justice Kayode Eso Student Chambers Annual Lecture, he represented GEJ, and he promised the students a bus, till this very moment, dem no see bicycle. I still believe in miracle.
    Me, I was in that meeting, I represented my faculty.

lindaikeji.blogspot.com/2015/02/32-year-old-nigerian-listed-among.html

• Anon

June 11, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Love the naming and shaming.

We wonder why people always ask why we are fixated with people’s ages. This is a perfect example. Lies!

• Shobie

June 11, 2015 at 3:10 pm

@Anon, u called? A couple of weeks ago I checked u. For some reason you think I sleep and wake up thinking of u. Naaa too busy which is why I hv been off BN cos BN can be addictive. Get it? I hv nothing to do with what went down between u and FasholasLover. This forum like any SM allows for anonymity. So, why do you think l would change my name to cuss u out? So you don’t beat me on the way back from school? Such illusion of grandeur. Funny cos l hv actually liked one or two comments you hv made since then. I Yab and l get yabbed. I move on. The hustle for survival in d real world is real. Leave me out of whatever. Peace.

10. Rahama

June 11, 2015 at 11:17 am

Proudly Bayelsan!!! Haaaa Izon! Well written, he’s got my vote. Wish you well brother!

11. ada

June 11, 2015 at 1:01 pm

well negative comments are expected,but as someone who has been around this man,i will confidently tell u for free that bayelsa needs him more than he needs bayelsa.his a good man.he has developed and encouraged so many young nigerians and it is not his fault in anyway that he knows GEJ,if it were easy why dont you know him?or why dont you know your state governor?.he worked and still works hard!!!give him credit!

secondly people are not going to swallow their life story just so they dont sound vain..he suffered,he made it and he wants to add value…whats wrong with that?
    his winning!!

• Ehiwarior

June 11, 2015 at 2:20 pm

Ada, beautiful submission with faulty syllogism. People like you are the reason why we are here.
      Sango was a mean deity, yet some people still worships him, he committed suicide, but his worshipers said it was a lie and in the middle of the night, his worshiper set the town on fire and the inhabitants of that town thought he was the one. That was the etymology of the name Olukoso.
      As a worshiper of Moses, you can tell us otherwise, but we know what to believe.

12. Tosin

June 11, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Finally d beginning of a new generation of politicians . God pls give them the wisdom knowledge and understanding to do what is right. biko 2019 all yea granpas n granmas plssssss go n rest n nanny ur grandkids . Best of Luck Mr Moses.

13. ada

June 11, 2015 at 6:45 pm

ehiwarior,your point exactly??
    u just narrated a story.so sango didnt actually burn the town??so moses is not bad..you are the one trying to force it down my throat that he is because you think he didnt get ur school a bus.? moses is not sango!!
    if for any reason you think his not good enough,by all means say it but not by blaming him for your faculty’s bus..didn’t he represent GEJ? is he supposed to hustle your bus from the federal government for u? or use his money and buy u a bus?
    what did u do to follow up ur bus??or u think the government has only u to carter for? it is actually because of people like u that nigeria is where it is today,what did ur school do??did u win any trophy for nigeria??but they promised u a bus and it didnt occur to u to follow up,you just sat down,waiitng for a bus and you now want us to know you didnt get the bus or maybe tell moses to now get you a bus..hehehehehe
    also remember you must not hate to feel good,you also must not be negative towards things you cannot achieve.
    why dont u go and ask lindaikeji why she put 32 instead of 34 or 35?
    lol @ worshipper,(reminds me soo much about the comments on GEJ and GMB topics when people are not allowed to comment freely,without any cyberattack),
    believe what you want to believe but dont drag people with you..
    and yes i am sticking to someone i know and can testify to his character…moses i know…….ehiwarrior i do not knoww,come out and run for something my dear!!!

14. Abienebori

June 11, 2015 at 7:39 pm

I can tell you this for a fact and true, Moses, you are not what you just preached here. Come on guy, you think we dont know you, you were all over the last government of Jonathan with the Governor of Kaduna, Akwa Ibom, Uyo and the list goes on. You were an architect of many contract scams at NNDC which you shared the proceeds with the principals, you took lots of funds during the last election promising Jonathan the Young Nigerian Professional Votes, now you think is time to become a Governor, i salute your courage and off course, you are not worse compared to the current political occupants, but don’t see that poor story of street vendorship, we saw a man without shoes and his govt was a disaster to us here in Bayelsa. So please, you can run, but as a matter of integrity and purposeful personality, Nah, you got none. You are as corrupt as those sponsoring you to run. But welcome boy, politics for you just began.

15. bruce

June 12, 2015 at 12:07 am

i think everyone has the right to air their views…ehiwarrior i think its wrong for you to call on ada,if he or she believes in the moses let him,he has eevry right to say so…if you dont,its okay too.calling him out is childish.live and let live

16. JK

June 12, 2015 at 12:46 am

So Jonathan/Alamiesigha and noisy Dickson especially did nothing so to say in Bayelsa ???
    This Moses just wanna try his luck because he knows what it takes to be a State Governor in Nigeria #Anointing from political god fathers #Political Party’s blessing #nomination/imposition on party members #Brainwash poverty stricken masses into selling their votes.Isn’t it?
    Is it the older generation we are complaining about? Let us pray this present generation will not be worse because this is an era where we may have to witness some  elected lawmakers care more about taking ‘selfies’ in a serious environment than doing anything else!!!

17. Abienebori

June 12, 2015 at 6:51 pm

Moses will be worse than those who are anointing him to run. If you are a young leader and aspire to actually lead, you shouldn’t have meddled in so many corrupt activities Moses, the then Minister of State for Education who is now the Governor of Rivers State in the name of Nyesom Wike laundered so many billions through your Mosilo Group for Mrs. Jonathan. You got billions of contracts from the last government and pocketed with your cronies, during the election you gave Jonathan 10 Million Naira in the name of Nigeria Young Professional, tell me, who and who contributed that money cos i was never informed not received any alert that such was going on. You just used that Forum for money making. Had it been that Jonathan won the last election, you would have been smiling to the Banks now, no wonder you told folks that you are so disappointed and reduced, all hope was that Jonathan will win, you get into any of the Ministry cos you self-championed urself with the help of Akpabio, Yaro, and co to self-righteously proclaim you as that young Nigerian leader which you are not. Like i said, we all know you, but Goodluck with your quest, whatever goes up, must come down. It is unfortunate that even the so called young leaders of today will be worse compared to their masters

18. moses siasia

June 14, 2015 at 10:57 pm

I understand how the evil spirit can use human beings for destructive purpose. For the records! I have never done any contract whatsoever with NDDC. Am not close to the former first lady, I was only close to her husband because of the respect he has always accorded me as a young Bayelsan. Am not even close to Nyesom Wike. All the information that you have mentioned about me in your comments are all false. Although I understand the pulling done attitude of some Nigerians who are not futuristic in their approach to life. I have not acted this way to anyone in my entire life even those who offend me, but I will take you in my prayers. But if I have offended you in anyway unknowing me, am also using this public medium to apologize. May you find peace.

19. Adefolarin E

June 15, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Clearly some people are paying some people to slander some people and they are accusing some people with no proof. Bus, Nddc, scam, how? all this odes claiming to know the young man when we dont know them, come out and identify yourself so we can understand ur grievance or at least how much they are paying you good for nothings. the problem with young jobless people with internet, you see a good thing coming you set out to destroy because you see no financial gain. I dont even have to be bayelsan to see that anybody who identifies with the people you mentioned- kaduna state gov and akwa ibom state gov we know have changed their states and are still doing so, why shouldnt we support him? you are just bringing out yourselves and i pray you and your cohort of sponsors be identified. Moses for Governor!!!. Please win and shame all this wolves who clearly have no idea about the man that you are. God pass them, I am a proud nypf member and will be at the Ceo’s conference come august.

20. Pupamor .O. John

June 17, 2015 at 11:14 pm

I think it’s time for Bayelsans to open their mouths to say no to corruption,we have suffered enough even with our natural resources there is nothing to show for it bec
    ause of our Rulers who are claiming to be leaders. Bayelsa state is a bless land but our Governors are not helping matters rather they are embezzling our money. Moses siloko Siasia is a man who has suffered before, I think he knows how to tackle the issue of unemployment in Bayelsa state if we can give him the chance. Unemployment is the major issue in Bayelsa state and if it continue like this, Bayelsa will never go forward because the rate of crime will be much, this is not a one Man’s duty but as a goo
    d citizen we have to put our hands together to say no to corruption so that we can actualize our goals for our dear state .Moses Siloko Siasia has come to lead us all let’s give him a chance and support because we can not continue like this we have to bay the way not a way.

21. Tari

June 20, 2015 at 4:25 pm

I think Bayelsa State needs a creative mind to govern us. Mr Moses Siasia sounds like a good deal, but his quest is going to be very difficult. Because The average Bayelsan is not an intellectual(with all due respect), so it won’t be easy to sell your ideology up to the unit level(grass-root). A state with enough sycophants, No Recognise Activists, Nobody to check the activities of the state Government(No wonder our state capital is without address, no internal link roads, Poor Education, etc). As your name implies, I pray that you’re indeed the Moses our State needs to take us to the Promised Land. God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. God Bless Bayelsa State. #BayelsaWillGetThereOneDay

22. TCad

August 30, 2015 at 9:32 am

Great news for our younger generation. He is young n sounds motivated. U av my support bro n pls never mind d nonentities who don’t support bcos even Jesus had enemies. Start sensitizing massively n u may involve bros samson too.

23. Bonny Timidi

October 27, 2015 at 10:29 pm

We have seen what d past leaders have done and is doing and they are ntin to write home about.we dnt want any1 who has ruled before let us be changing until we see the right person.You may nt have a God father bt I knw the Lord will be with you come Dec 5th 2015 as you make history.