Scoop

Taraji P. Henson Leaves Little to the Imagination inside W Magazine’s Pop Issue

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Taraji-P-Henson-For-W-Magazine-Pop-Issue (1)Empire star Taraji P. Henson is the cover star of W magazine’s Pop Issue as the 44-year-old actress is photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott in sultry poses that leave little to the imagination.

For the shoot Taraji is styled by Edward Enninful and in the magazine she talks about her role as Cookie Lyon in hit Lee Daniels Empire.

Taraji-P-Henson-For-W-Magazine-Pop-Issue (5) Taraji-P-Henson-For-W-Magazine-Pop-Issue (6)

Read excerpts from her interview below.

On being offered a role in 2009 film Precious: “And I was like, ‘Well, I want to play Precious—because that’s the role in this piece.’ Lee thought I was nuts. I was like, ‘Look, they turned Charlize Theron into a monster! I could be this girl!’ When I think about that now, it was such a Cookie move.”

On considering Empire after first turning it down: “And I wanted to finally make some money,” he told me. “You don’t make any money doing independent films, even if they get nominated for the Oscars and the world says you’re a genius. Doesn’t pay the bills.”

On why her character is such a hit: “They want Cookie. They see her heart. They see her intentions. And they love her style—her style is 17 years behind the fashion curve, which makes the clothes a character on the show. As Cookie grows, you’ll see her fashion grow. And people love that—she’s a work in progress. The only thing that never changes is her spirit: To me, Cookie is living, breathing, walking truth.”

On people not liking Cookie: “When I hear that Cookie is a bad representation of black women, I don’t get involved. Maybe Cookie makes you uncomfortable because she reminds you of yourself. People miss the bigger picture when they start judging.”

You can read up her full post and see more photos here.

Photo Credit: W Magazine

1. cindy

June 23, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Taraji I love you……in fact you are my favourite black actress. However, can you please do a shoot that isn’t too revealing for once?

2. honestmum

June 23, 2015 at 3:06 pm

…..get it Cookie…. i love me some Taraji

3. polypoly

June 23, 2015 at 4:03 pm

come thru MUVA!!! yassssss boooooo……I see you repping for all my Beautiful Ladies of a Certain Age as Wendy will say. SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY hunty!!!!

serve me some Johnson’s baby ororo flawlessness……let these young ones know who da real QUEEN izzzz #QueenOFCoverPages #QueenOfFOXTv #QueenOFAfricanEnergy #QueenOFGorgeousSkin

4. bruno FIERCE

June 23, 2015 at 4:12 pm

everybody knows I love big natural breasts. lol this is just perfect.

normal size natural breasts are back in vogue say bye bye to silicone

5. prince

June 23, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Amazing actress. please flaunt it if you have it. you can only see it you can touch it. that’s the idea. #COOKIELYON

6. EllesarisEllendil

June 23, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Indeed. Though I’ll say she shouldn’t be doing this, she’s a Mother.

Before you people get on my back, I’m talking from experience, I got into 7 fights in Boarding school because of my Mother, its bad enough when its just that they are beautiful you don’t need pictures like these to now give them extra ammunition.

7. dobzi

June 23, 2015 at 6:17 pm

I love her. Can’t wait for season 2

dobzifingers.com/?m=1

8. Damolar

June 23, 2015 at 6:27 pm

Taraji can get it every day of the year and twice on public holidays

9. natu

June 23, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Black don’t crack!!!!!

10. tunmi

June 23, 2015 at 9:32 pm

You got it, flaunt it!!!!!!!

11. eyong

June 24, 2015 at 2:01 am

Some of you are such hypocrites. If this was Omotola or Genevieve in that second picture you would have all already crucified her. SMH. Africans and their bias.

12. julie

June 24, 2015 at 9:10 am

I love u Cookie u r natural

13. Jhennique

June 24, 2015 at 9:48 am

Taraji is bae since 2008!

14. aku

June 24, 2015 at 3:35 pm

isnt taraji all about preserving herself sexually for marriage…..and also being half naked on da cover of a magazine…its kinda contradictory

• Father ELnakar A. Nkosithani

February 1, 2017 at 7:44 am

PeaceAnVizion Mi Ites,
      Be You Bredren or Sistren, this iz a matter of business priorities for an entertainer And I’m to understand that Her child iz a well adjusted socially/akademikally/respectable manchild (son) whose has NOT been unproportinately affected or infected with parental DIS reguards.
      Now, for clarity purposes: being My SisTas Keeper [& My Brothers] and a non’persunal friend of SisTar Taraj InI can only admire Her Blackwomanhood style, or what sum folks would call Her Hood or Ghetto Queen Swag/Sway. So just staying socio-Culturally aware You’d know the SisTa is a Blackwoman with standards.
      In the Interim, Keep Your Head Up & Reach for The Skyy. Peace

15. Random Commenter

June 26, 2015 at 1:51 pm

I love Taraji. What she chooses to do with her body is totally her business, although i do wonder how it might affect her son.
    Nonetheless, those are great boobies.