Relationships

Toke Makinwa Explains why a lot of Women are Doing it Wrong in New Vlog ‘How to be a Sharp Babe’

TokeIn Toke Makinwa’s new vlog, the media personality talks about ‘How to be a Sharp Babe’.

She explains the idea behind this week’s vlog saying ‘The Vlog of the week is out!!! So this one is for the ladies, “How to be a Sharp babe”. Watch and learn a trick or two. I heard a horrible story from a guy and that prompted this Vlog., a lot of women are doing it wrong. Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel and share too.’

Watch the vlog below.

1. bunmi

June 4, 2015 at 9:41 am

Noted

• Queen

June 4, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Listen women! Speaking absolutely from experience and not a guess work, this thing she said is true and it even spills into marriage! Look get it together girls, and know that packaging does not end after you say I do! in fact it’s after marriage that you gat to up your game real big!

My married and soji (smart, & street wise) Aunty once said to me and my sisters a few years ago ago before we all became married that what ever skill or technique or packaging you applied to attract and hook the man, you must up that game to the 10th degree after marriage cos the principle of see finish takes effect once you’re married and the glow begins to fade soon as he starts seeing the real you, living in the house, and waking up with you.
      It didn’t ring a bell till I got married and from experience that it true!

So my ladies. Including toke! Please know that this principle of packaging or whatever your technique was if it is by prayer you take hook the guy you must start praying times ten after marriage to keep the spark going. If it is by fronting or forming you used….lol! ? like I did, then better strategically sofisticate that fronting or else once the real you comes out after marriage and it wasn’t he saw and believed he was marrying before he said I do, you are in for a hell of a ride! I learned by experience as I didn’t believe my aunt back then! Now I wana front die! Hubby too has come to know my strategy after being with me for 5 years and even laughs at my attempt sometimes, but deep down he looks at it more with humour that wifey is at least making attempt to keep her shine even after marriage.

Ladies be guided!

• Manny

June 4, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Pray times ten for what???? Some women somewhere spend their prayer time interceding for other people, sowing and investing into the lives of others. You want to spend a considerable time praying for what exactly? If you have to do EXCESSIVE work to sustain your marriage, it’s most likely you clawed your way into the marriage and it is very likely that you are married to a cheat who will never stop cheating even if you spend half of your productive time on your knees.
      Marriage is hard work but it doesn’t have to be back breaking work haba.

• Queen

June 5, 2015 at 10:56 am

That phrase was idiomatic! (Exaggerated statement) trying to illustrate that you have to put in more effort of to keep up with what ever strategy you adopted to impress during dating! I know someone will act a retard to make an ignorant comment!
      Please get off your high pretentious horse! It’s women like you that will package themselves while dating, to the extent that you will totally become someone else only for your true self to show up after marriage ! …..long hisss!!
      The video speaks of reality! You don’t have to show all your dirty linen to man and I concour by adding that you even have to continue in marriage so that your self worth does not dimish. I bet you are not married yet so you couldn’t relate to the comment

So never mind @Tea. just jog on! and Keep moving, the comment wasn’t meant for you

2. Jo!

June 4, 2015 at 10:04 am

First Toke video I’m watching since the first one she did, and I am absolutely shocked I’m saying this, but I liked it and I actually learnt a thing or two?
    Again, I’m in shock

3. Girlbeingreal

June 4, 2015 at 10:30 am

Stupid geh!

• bruno FIERCE

June 4, 2015 at 11:02 am

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

4. [email protected]

June 4, 2015 at 10:41 am

Lmao! First time I’m watching her vlog, and I love her! Also, she’s spitting a lot of wisdom oh. Packaging is so important!

5. Pabara

June 4, 2015 at 10:55 am

Toke the master planner.. You talk well. Use your head

6. hint

June 4, 2015 at 10:58 am

Classless.

7. intheoverseas

June 4, 2015 at 11:09 am

I have just certified this girl is mental. LOL! So funny but I’m so sure she’d be questioned by her husband after he watches this video.

8. Nuna

June 4, 2015 at 11:22 am

I love Toke!!! Hilarious as f**k

9. Pinnky

June 4, 2015 at 11:24 am

Very funny, this lady is crazy, tho she’s right sha.

10. Annie Mbz

June 4, 2015 at 11:38 am

i enjoyed this. well done Toke

11. deb

June 4, 2015 at 11:45 am

Haahahahahahahahahaha. Toke on point. That was how I met this man; he wanted to marry me. He has a wife&3kids. He says he MUST marry me. Took me to meet his younger ones without giving me an hint. I’m very ok so I practically dint beg him for anything but I had a TARGET. He introduced me to top high ranking people in this Nigeria, will hold my hands and kiss me in public(my boyfriend then dint even do that to me) he knew I was in a relationship but was sure he was gonna marry me(maybe he was going to use jazz) we went everywhere together. So last vals(2014) he called to tell me he had a surprise for me, around that time I told him I will be getting married( my boyfriend saw my chat with him &said ok u know what, let’s start making the wedding plans). The day I was to get my surprise I had to go for a function in my husband’s family so when we came bk we had already gone to the registry&my husband bot me this huge rock. So as I was still planning on going to get my surprise, I hung out 1 night @rapsody with my husband, with the rock on my finger shinning& my husband also had these black diamonds on his platinum so anyone who sees us will know we are newly married, I ran into a former commissioner in this lagos who was this man’s friend&he even came to greet me @my table. I guessed he reported me that I was already married. I’m so sure he wanted to buy me a house. So I dint get my target. Sometimes it is good to be fast. I don’t have any regrets tho but it’s quite painful

• Biodun

June 4, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Errm what?? Please rewrite this epistle. Thanks.

• deb

June 4, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Read it again. It’s simple english

• warizdiz

June 4, 2015 at 1:50 pm

I beg don’t insult our intelligence. Dis story has no beginning, middle and end. Very disjointed story.

• Lame!

June 4, 2015 at 12:10 pm

R u for real? Runz things!
      I don’t even know Where to begin on all the things wrong with you and both of the mumu men (the husband and ‘the big boy/man’. God help us in this generation. Smh

• ferrari

June 4, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Seems like you even understood what she was trying to say…i am quite confused

• jide

June 4, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Ashawo no be work, na management

• shobie

June 4, 2015 at 2:00 pm

@deb, be loving ur comment by urself ok. Becos, l don’t know how any sane person can lv dis ur infantile encomium story. We know ur type Aristo. I sorry for d maga dat married ur dat is if u ar truly married o.

• cious

June 4, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Jack and Jill made a better story than this patch of alphabets you wrote.
      To think I bothered to read.

• Lois

June 4, 2015 at 10:02 pm

No comment… Ehnmmmmm, But I hope you won’t continue to cheat on your husband after marriage. I pray you don’t because he will beat the shit out of you

• Modele

June 5, 2015 at 12:31 pm

@ Deb. You were not been smart, but simply a dirty good digger. You were in a serious relationship and still hanging out with a married father of 3kids, all because of one stupid target.. Did u ever realise for once that u could have wreck his marriage. I will not be surprised if your fiancé/boyfriend/husband also cheats on you, because his impression of you is that you are probably a runs girls anyway except he did not know of your escapades with your sugar daddy. .

12. Daniel

June 4, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Simple put “How o successfully con a guy into shelling out his money”. Why the fervent evangelism for packaged con? Whatever happened to the independent woman.

13. Gold digger

June 4, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Aunty toke is so funny…. God please help me locate my goldmine let me dig.when i see small small girls that am way older than and their glamorous life i feel sad.afterrall they are the ones that marry rich people we forming good girls marry poor boys who still cheat so whats the point.Argue with your shadow,.

• MC

June 6, 2015 at 10:19 am

Why can’t you give yourself this glamorous lifestyle you so much want. Why wait on anybody.

14. dee

June 4, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Oh God, can’t believe I succumbed to the ‘nice video’ comments and watched this for 2 minutes!! E gba mi…. what is this? Now my day is totally ruined. Guess I have to watch something on you tube for another 12 minutes to get back to work mode, else, I start plugging figures every where in my cash flow report out of frustration.
    @Deb.. if you ever come on this blog to rant about feminism …. I will come hard on you, promise. Don’t you ever!! ever!! Poor husband, he married a baggage!! And yes, I am judging you from your comment.

• deb

June 4, 2015 at 1:16 pm

OMG. That is the reason why the bible says do not judge. Y don’t u ask urself wats so special in a woman that will make a man want to marry her against all odds&hey I will talk about feminism because it is lectured by same sex i.e woman to woman&appreciated by the opposite sex. I only happened to fine two MEN wanting to marry [email protected] same time. GOD gives u wisdom&quench ur ignorance. Amen

• Lotana

June 4, 2015 at 2:05 pm

@deb, soo, you still come here do defend the idiotic nonsense u just wrote. Ashawo no be work. Girl, park outside in d rain. Yeye dey smell.

• Iris

June 5, 2015 at 4:12 am

HUH?!

15. chi-e-z

June 4, 2015 at 1:14 pm

haba car in 2 weeks of talking haa girl no get sense even my mama/family sef will I buy car just like that. which kin golden P*ssy she think say she get that after 2 weeks she get mouth ask 4 car. haba… some ppl no get sense atall. that babe is a learner at level -10

16. JENNIE

June 4, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Ladies pls go out into the world and work, be smart, set up businesses and build your life by yourself and stop depending on men. True talk for Toke 80% of the men believe that ladies are all about money and we have those of you that a trying to be “sharp girls” to thank for that. Then another gal will be the one to suffer for the crime the previous gal committed. Pls lets try to develop independence and I promise you it is worth it.

• Queen

June 4, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Word!

17. sussy

June 4, 2015 at 4:44 pm

but seriously though why are some guys like that, they don’t want the truth but pre-packaged lies on business, I dated this guy if you don’t talk about business he won’t give you money(i was a corper then managing), am not good with telling lies, i decided to give myself a mental slap and manage what I had, after all I was surviving before I met him, instead of “packaging lies” every time, ain’t got time for that.

• [email protected]

June 4, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Well, packaging doesn’t necessarily have to be lies. You can have a real business plan/proposal. Implement it when he gives you the money and if it’s a good venture, you won’t have to come back and ask him for more! Think of it as a ticket to your independence-you can even be petty and pay him back when you hit the big time. Not every time ask for designer bag and shoe and trips abroad, sometimes wise up and become an entrepreneur!

18. thank you

June 4, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Sharp Babe Toke!! Thank you! Needed this.

19. No thank i'ld rather remain anonymous

June 4, 2015 at 10:08 pm

So Madam Toke, as large as your head is…..its still very empty. And that trouser hanging behind your huge forehead…is that where Majek (your husband) hangs his trouser? Lmao. Thristy girls everywhere. Will subscribe Or not….. Made me laugh really hard.

20. 2015

June 4, 2015 at 10:32 pm

I laughed uncontrollably 20.minutes after i watched the vlog .It made so much sense except we want to deceive ourselves. #truth

21. PurpleiciousBabe

June 4, 2015 at 11:53 pm

All these rules, rules, rules….
    I guess there is a target audience for this…
    I genuinely feel that people should wake up, have a goal and accomplish them(myself included). x

22. Lois

June 5, 2015 at 12:22 am

Yeah Toke is right. When I was doing my sisi (hehe) the first big bucks I even made was from this same ‘Packaging’. I went on a data seriously kitted with only 400 naira cab fare as vex money but Mr Man wanna show after I was obviously not the eatery and Recharge Card babe by giving me 100,000k to add to my shopping money fr resumption. I even vehemently refused but he gave a check. I almost passed out when i got home. Just because I had a business as a student. While my friends them shamelessly asked every toaster to take them for dinner at ‘Choices’ or PepperRise, the guys must have referred to them as ‘I never chop’. I used to even take the ‘suitors’ out and volunteer to pay bills. I then got better gifts, respect and had to practically pray and fast to send these relentless guys away.
    I once met a guy then who came toasting seriously when I was about to rest an apartment, I was so tempting to ask for help but shrug it off, shebi I ku ku had money for rent already; I paid and moved in. The guy said he was suprised I did not ask him for money. For that he bought all my furnishings and electronics. These stuff were twice my rent in value and I didn’t even ask him for them.
    And by the time I marry, hubby didn’t start to even get the big bucks from my hubby until I started making my own big money. The man wanna be ahead by giving you even much more than you have. Thanks boo.
    Long and short of this Money chases those who have made some already. Water seeks its own level and the Deep calleth unto the deep. Women let us empower ourselves, make our own money and the rest will be added

23. justpassingby

June 5, 2015 at 1:59 am

This deb, i even thought at the end of her comment I will see something like the moral of the story being that she was able to make connections through this guy and improve herself and her business. Yes you are not lacking anything but what defines one is the connections u make and the network of people you know. Instead of you to take advantage of the network the guy had, and form long-lasting relationships that will benefit you for the rest of your life, you are there regretting you didn’t get a house. And you are happy to come and announce on social media that you were 2-timing.
    Like seriously! I can’t even wrap my head around it. You and girls like you are what is wrong with the women of these days. Smh!

24. Tea

June 5, 2015 at 2:44 am

I’m American (no Nigerian heritage) and I like you! Your message is on point for real.

25. Queen

June 5, 2015 at 9:09 am

So never mind. Just jog on! and Keep moving

26. Lilo

June 14, 2015 at 2:19 pm

Dense babe giving advise on how to be a sharp babe. The irony