Music

Alicia Keys & Husband Swizz Beatz are Definitely Fans of Wizkid – Here’s Why!

Wizkid-Swizz-Beatz-Alicia-Keys-OjuelegbaWizkid is one artist who has amazingly penetrated into the international music industry. From being ‘friends’ with Chris Brown, to featuring Drake and Skepta on his ‘Ojuelegba’ track to music producer and rapper Swizz Beatz calling him one of his fave artists and more.

Thanks to social media, we are all able to see how Wizkid is growing into a huge brand.

The 25-year-old singer has definitely set a pace for other artists to follow – especially now that a Grammy Award-winning couple, Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz, have sorta endorsed his music.

First Swizz Beatz took to Instagram to share the album cover of Wizkid’s 2014 album, Ayo (Joy) and simply captioned it with the hastag #vibes, mentioning the Instagram of Wizkidayo.

Then he posted a 15-sec video of himself listening to ‘Ojuelegba’.

A video posted by therealswizzz (@therealswizzz) on

3 hours later, Alicia Keys posted her first video which showed her and Swizz Beatz ‘stepping’ to ‘Caro’.

A video posted by Alicia Keys (@aliciakeys) on

5 hours later, Alicia Keys posted another video of her dancing to ‘Ojuelegba’.

A video posted by Alicia Keys (@aliciakeys) on

Clearly they are having a Wizkid-filled day at home.

Awesome!

1. Sunshyne

August 5, 2015 at 11:14 am

Wizkid I love u but u are fast becoming stale like my most cherished @GenevieveNnaji1 please give me more music . Change ur style I’m truly bored of all them groupies on ur video and how u have so much money and girls want to scatter their dada for your matter. You have overflogged that. Next!! Be creative . Go to a serene place and give me a nice song that will remind me why I love u.

Thanks

Concerned fan

• olu

August 5, 2015 at 1:31 pm

OK ….but on the flip side, some other people love his music.

You can’t please the world…………do you

2. JEWELS

August 5, 2015 at 11:14 am

Alicia Keys and Swizz bumping to #Ojuelegba made me so happy! How can you not be happy for Wizkid. Hard work pays off!! On a lighter note, it’s like that song has JuJu everyone likes it!!

• Classic fan

August 5, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Actually that’s the thing! Elements of ‘Juju’ and afrobeat music. That’s whats authentic about him, and thats why we’ll be jamming to Wizkid like Shina Peters 50 years from now. The composition is always so amazing, even without the vocals, Ojuelegba and Caro are hits everyday. Just my opinion sha. He’s this generation’s #classickid.

• bn lover

August 5, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Did u 4get jaiye jaiye

• Ebony

August 25, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Classic fan, I think Jewels meant Juju as in Jazz, as in babalawo, lol

• Seriously

August 5, 2015 at 6:35 pm

I’m happy when people are open to different cultures and music not necessarily bcos they are Americans. Swizz, was jamming hard tho. And Alicia is cute. I jam to some Spanish, Congolese, Ghanan music like I understand the language. I like Afrobeats, and I hope artists like wizkid and others can put more effort to making nice music instead of the noise talking about booty, and girls.

3. kim

August 5, 2015 at 11:16 am

Wizzy is winning.

4. Mewe

August 5, 2015 at 11:28 am

Udonmeanit!

5. Rolly

August 5, 2015 at 11:29 am

It actually embarrasses me how excited our artists get when American musicians acknowledge their existence or listen to their songs.
    But anyway kudos to him (and his PR team) for putting himself out there

• BlueEyed

August 5, 2015 at 1:17 pm

So embarrassing I tell you…I pride myself in my knowledge of music. I know different music from different cultures and Nigerian music is one that I identify with anywhere in the world, u say it is repetitive ? Then listen to Pop music and come back and complain the more. Americans are now tired of their recycled sounds and now looking out for our African sound, and we are now celebrating it??

• olu

August 5, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Concerning this particular post, where did you see wizzy show his excitement? just asking you

And let’s be realistic here, who sets the pace in almost everything? which award shows do most look forward to …grammy….Oscars …all American award shows ……………..? Yea

• Rolly

August 5, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Oh please. It’s in his Instagram and twitter pages. Let’s stop pretending like he doesn’t consider it a big deal.

• nemesis

August 5, 2015 at 2:50 pm

where did you see Wizkid showing excitement mbok?

• Ette

August 5, 2015 at 7:02 pm

mbok…tang nno nkope

6. khamila

August 5, 2015 at 11:37 am

yass! Wizzy Baby loke loke!
    I’m pride in you jare.

7. chy

August 5, 2015 at 11:42 am

Ojuelegba is the truth.
    sometimes i wonder if wizkid was drunk when he sang that stupid”i want you in my bed”

8. Tai Omo Yoruba nimi

August 5, 2015 at 11:49 am

Nice to see! Naija music going places ,I really like ojuelegba ,it makes me wanna cry

9. Ibinabo

August 5, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Nice!

10. Viv

August 5, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Wizzy does no wrong in my eyes since ‘Holla at your boy’. He’ll go places, he just has to stay humble. His contents are potent. Yes, sometimes, he gets it wrong, like that ‘Eleniyan’ song. But hey! i love wiz. Ojuelegba is one of his best and definitely one of the best songs in recent times.

11. iyke

August 5, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Nice one! Love the Ojuelegba beats myself. Kudos to wizkid’s producer.
    Now that Wizz Beatz and Alicia have endorsed,let the band wagon effect by the other ‘confused’ naija artists be activated. Let the rush for Ojuelegba beats begins …..lol.

12. ify

August 5, 2015 at 12:21 pm

is it jst me, swiss beats looks like phyno on dis video.

13. Tokunbo

August 5, 2015 at 12:24 pm

HAAAAAAAAA BN!!!! The thing dey allover instagram una turn am to breaking news. lol Nice one though this video made my morning. especially after a bad tiff with retarded colleagues.

14. PRINCE

August 5, 2015 at 12:25 pm

That’s amazing WIZKID #vibes

15. honey

August 5, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Good one. I wish him well.

16. NaijaPikin

August 5, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Banky will definitely miss this dude when he fades

• debo

August 5, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Really!!!! So you also pray to fade away. Why can’t you be happy for someone’s success. This is a hard working guy trying to make it good for himself and you are wishing he fades. Go to Alicia key page and see how people are happy he is Nigerian and African. He was not even following the lady until this. Wish for other what you wish for yourself.????????

• OmoYibo

August 6, 2015 at 2:33 pm

@NaijaPikin How can you spend the better part of your adult life waiting for a hardworking and successful yound man to fail–or as you put it, FADE? Are you also waiting for PSquare, Davido, Tiwa, Flavour, The Don and all others working so hard to put Nigeria and Africa up there to FADE? Na waa o. You go kill yourself for nothing!!!!

• NaijaPikin

August 6, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Borrow yourself some sense.

The fading was in reference to leaving EME which has been in the news within the past year. I’m a wizzy fan all day everyday. Lets face it, hes the hottest artist on EME, if he leaves the label, his absence will be felt greatly.

17. Tunde

August 5, 2015 at 2:33 pm

Bush Nigerians
    Anything American they will use for Bragging Rights
    #pitiful

• khamila

August 5, 2015 at 4:32 pm

We are sorry.
      Your name is sooooo Nigerian BTW.

18. Maya

August 5, 2015 at 2:45 pm

So happy for wizkid… I feel he isnt as connected as he used to be wit his misic, bt all d same dis ojuelegba rmx will last!! Nd I dnt see anytin wrng wen african artists bcum excited weneva an international artist recognizes them, its Jst lyk an A-list artist recognising an underground artist.. bt alicia keys be grooving to the song lyk a naija babe..

19. Gia

August 5, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Very good but please stop talking about money,butts and sex…PLEASE!

20. tribunal hilton

August 5, 2015 at 6:52 pm

hmmmmmm. that’s improvem

21. missatl

August 26, 2015 at 8:31 pm

People should celebrate good things, so if influential people love ur work is it not a big deal???? whether they are American or Liberian they are influential…so please all the sadists can go dine in hell with satan!!!!