News

Anita Oyakhilome Reportedly Speaks on How She “Tolerated Abuse for So Long”

BellaNaija.com

Anita Oyakhilome BellaNaija

Last year, it was reported that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy Church, and his wife, Anita Odegwa Oyakhilome were going through a divorce. As you may recall, reports stated that Anita was filing for divorce on grounds of “adultery and unreasonable behaviour.”

And now, a website said to belong to Anita, www.pastoranita.org, contains an inspirational message apparently penned by her, in which she talks about inspiring others through the lessons she learned during a dark period when she tolerated abuse for a long time.

Read the message:

I am Anita. It is my desire to reach out and inspire you especially if you feel vulnerable and in need of a change. I hope to inspire you to believe in yourself no matter the circumstances. I want to help you recreate your life going forward, so you can live beautifully. I have been through this journey of rediscovery and nothing is as beautiful as realising one’s uniqueness as I have done. Life is precious however, your life can go through different seasons: winter, spring, summer or autumn. Life can hit you with financial loss, disappointments, death of a loved one, a broken relationship, loss of a job, a divorce, being falsely accused or being a victim of crime. These can shatter you to pieces but you can do something about it.

Life is a gift from God and you deserve to be happy irrespective of your age, race, gender, background or financial situation. I urge you to appreciate the gift you are, you are precious and valuable. Never lose sight of who you are; begin to create new visions and dreams for your life. Let nothing stop you from growing every day.

My story is not one of a bed of roses, far from it but I had a choice to either beat myself over the regret of tolerating abuse for so long or put a stop to the abuse and recreate my life for the best. My journey was not in vain. I can now help others realise that their situation does not define them. In order to move on with life, I have come to realise that nothing is permanent. Your problem is not permanent; you can do something to change it by ensuring you do not allow the situation or the person make your life miserable. Pain is a fact of life, it is inevitable but suffering is optional. You can do something to change the pain by over looking every obstacle, take control as a force of nature to grow and expand. Do what is necessary now to use the gift God has given you to unleash your purpose.

My message to all is simple: you have value therefore discover your potential. Do not allow anybody destroy you or rob you of living a joyful life. Your life is not wasted; you have just started a different phase of life. God will show you how to use your testimony to help others and restore their lives to exuberance. Please join me to encourage and inspire others. You have a story to tell, you can contribute and participate in the dialogues here. Let us all learn from one another’s experience and reach others with the gift of love and kindness. Share your experience by emailing me or making a comment. Celebrate your uniqueness because there is only one of you.

Thank you for visiting my site.

Photo Credit: www.pastoranita.org

1. l

August 17, 2015 at 1:53 pm

just by reading your message Ma, you seem like a breadth of fresh air. thank you for this even though im a very happy young woman i love reading things like this just to keep reminding myself of how powerful we are irrespective of our circumstances. thank you!

2. vee

August 17, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Still can’t get over how alike she and her hubby(estranged) looks. Pity it didn’t work out.

3. Max

August 17, 2015 at 2:11 pm

I didn’t see anywhere she mentioned abuse here.Was it implied?The wordings are pretty encouraging though and i also learned but did she really write this?

• oj

August 17, 2015 at 2:31 pm

read the article SLOWLY this time

• Bella

August 18, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Gbam..!!

4. Ghostmode

August 17, 2015 at 2:11 pm

”Life is a gift from God and you deserve to be happy irrespective of your age, race, gender, background or financial situation” Very well said. I try to live my life each day as a Gift, praying for strength that i never misuse this precious gift as this is the only way i can say Thank you Lord for this beautiful gift! More strength to you Madam as you move on, let your past stay in the past where it belongs.

5. Ada Ada

August 17, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Hmmm…………….tolerated abuse for so long? But she wasn’t even living with her husband. He was mostly in Nigeria wile she lived in London. I don’t know how both parties came about such arrangement but they got it wrong. I really wish they could have resolved their differences without getting divorced. Millions of people look up to Pastor Chris as a mentor. It shouldn’t be this way.

• Rude gal

August 17, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Abuse is not only physical. There is emotional abuse and other forms of abuse ma’am.

• Pre

August 17, 2015 at 4:24 pm

What ever categories of abuses it may be, the best option should not have been divorce. ‘they that know their God shall be strong’ it is a resolvable situation, it is not encouraging at all, they are icons for real but then, they gave them selves to the devil to have upper hands in their married.

• ShineShineShine

August 18, 2015 at 2:52 am

Bless you o. When your husby denies you of his affections, while being “Mr. Nice ” outside and to everybody but you, that is the worst form of abuse ever. Unfortunately, no one will believe you. You, against Mr Nice and “the man of God” How? When the touch not my anointed army are ever ready to voltron? God bless the woman that is bold enough to leave such “men of God”.

• ShineShineShine

August 18, 2015 at 2:54 am

@Rude girl, l beg na you l agree with o. Not @Pre who loves abuse o.

• Open Sesame

August 17, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Abuse is not only physical honey. It can be emotional which doesn’t need close proximity. Abandonment is abuse. Manipulation is abuse. Control is abuse. Abuse simply means ABnormal USE.

The events are unfortunate but it’s onward and forward facing from here on.

• Chizzy

August 18, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Someone finally gets it!

• Weqa

August 17, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Look up to only God as your mentor not all these Pastorprenuers! The decision for her to Pastor the church in UK was born out of greed cus they didnt trust any Pastor with the finances the church will generate over there! Same Pastors will tell u its for better for worse, whatever happened to that phrase.

• Sugar

August 17, 2015 at 3:57 pm

I still dont know why some couples resort to distance marriage. Its a horrible idea and such marriage will go through so much hurdles, emotionally and physically. cheating is even bound to occur.
      There are some people who have genuine reasons for being in some kind of distance but some just choose to live that way with no good reason at all

• Gloria

August 18, 2015 at 2:24 am

You. Must not live in the city with someone to be controlled by that person. She alone knows what she has been through. FYI: Abuse can be psychological.

6. Ross

August 17, 2015 at 2:19 pm

This gave me goosebumps. Let people come and see what a true woman of God is. She spreads a message of love and peace and kindness to one another. Even when she has been battered by life, she remembers that her God-given purpose is greater than what any external forces try to do to her.
    You don’t need to be a pastor to preach this; every woman must make it her goal to preach this message of peace and love and we will see how we can change our environment.
    This is the most beautiful thing I have read on BN in a long long time. Thank you

7. bruno

August 17, 2015 at 2:36 pm

so nobody is going to put pastor chris on blast because he is a pastor abi?

if it was toke that wrote about how she endured abused, all u feminists will have transformed into voltron and gone to attack her husband on social media.

continue ur pastor worshipping and ur fake behaviours. continue being picky on who u put on blast.

• Rose Okwy

August 18, 2015 at 6:07 pm

Yes, People steady worship pastors and not God. We as a people are so quick to put a woman down, Pastors are the worst to be married to because they abuse you and nobody believes you. They are angels in the streets but the devil AT HOME. It is appalling. Kudos to her for picking up the courage to go with dignity and not once say abusive words to the said pastor. We need to RAISE WOMEN UP!!!!

• simple_wisdom

December 31, 2015 at 10:56 am

While it seems right and justified by human reasoning to blast the pastor, be informed that in God’s kingdom, the lesser (in this case members or subjects) has no authority to blast the greater (in this case pastor) regardless of his wrong doings. God does this Himself. How he chooses to do it is His business.

This is simple wisdom. You may think you are doing good by blasting or publicizing the weekness of a pastor to the public, but in God’s sight, you are doing more harm than good to God’s Kindgom.

We also see this when Aaron and Miriam spoke against Moses (note that Moses actually did what was clearly wrong).
      David understood this principle, That why he could not even speak ill of Saul even after his death. Regardless of his evident flaws and evil deeds, he still respected the anointing on Saul, a man that wanted to Kill him.

Again, in the parable Jesus told when the enemy sowed tares among wheat while men slept, The master told his servants to leave the tares until harvest to avoid any harm to the wheat in the process of uprooting the tares. This is wisdom.

I am not in any way saying that we should tolerate or permit/support wrong deeds from our pastors, but we should handled such cases with extreme caution, lest we carry a curse, thinking we are doing good to God by blasting his Anointed.

Lastly, this is simple wisdom and truth. Whether or not you agree or believe it, it is TRUE.

Regards.

8. Teetee

August 17, 2015 at 2:43 pm

That is so not Pastor Anita, trust me!

• Open Sesame

August 17, 2015 at 3:06 pm

@Teetee. It is sooooo Pastor Anita. I was at a 70th birthday party in London this Saturday and Pst Anita was there (the celebrant is a lady who used to go to her church). And they announced her website which is the same one BN posted above.

She’s healing, growing and changing; and with all that comes the desire to help others. Let her to help others with her unique message; don’t be so emphatic especially when you’re wrong.

• Diuto

August 17, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Pls who are you? Pastor Chris it’s a shame and his Voltron’s were attacking ferociously. Or are you one of them?

• Lolo

August 31, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Continue to live in you coocoo. Land of lies. You must be in that cult called Christ Embassy.

9. red

August 17, 2015 at 2:47 pm

10. amy

August 17, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Don’t know what happened in ur marriage, but I still respect pastor Chris cos He’s a man of God

• Ada Nnewi

August 17, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Typical brainwashed Nigerian…

• Xtophar

August 18, 2015 at 8:17 am

Ada Nnewi, hi5

11. leftbrained

August 17, 2015 at 3:22 pm

When God is not a God of confusion. How will husband stay in Nigeria and wife abroad and you expect such relationship to work out.
    Eeerm where are the feminist voltron here. Choosing who to put on blast or not.

• Omo'badan

August 17, 2015 at 4:10 pm

@leftbrain, Hush, even if God calls one to serve him one has to move. It doesn’t matter whether married or not u just do what is asked of u even if the mission takes u to d wilderness. Personal goals could even make u move to different location(s). Sometimes when some people speak, I wonder if they don’t experience life or live in Jupiter. Speaking about Jupiter, I haven’t read a comment from the guy in Jupiter for awhile now.

• Joker!

August 17, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Are you for real? So you think God, the originator of marriage, who didn’t create Adam and Eve in different continents will now ask a wife to leave her husband to another continent for him? You think he operates like that? God is the same yesterday,today and forever. His view on marriage remains the same. So pls stop this your “calling” jist abeg.

• Bolu

August 18, 2015 at 2:14 pm

U are indeed a JOKER. U said “wife” meaning it is not ok for a wife or woman to move. But u never mentioned a man or husband. So a man/ husband can move buy a woman can’t. U are the kind of person that will say a man can cheat but a woman can’t. #screwedupmentality.

• Joker!

August 19, 2015 at 10:01 am

I only said wife because she was talking about Anita and not Pastor Chris. What I said applies to both male and female. BTW I’m not the kind of person that accept cheating be it male or female.

12. Pat

August 17, 2015 at 3:54 pm

“Pastorprenuers” LOL, love it. I am going to adopt that term.

13. Suwa

August 17, 2015 at 4:53 pm

The fear of touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm is the beginning of…… That is what they are afraid of Bruno.

14. Girlbeingreal

August 17, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Yea am gonna say it. Saw the video of what he said about the accusations. He’s a giant douche bag. A narcissistic and arrogant fellow. Don’t you dare say I can’t talk about a “man of God”. Cos you cant deny crap when you see it, it reeks! What kind of person would I be if I can’t call Bullshit what it is, if I shy away from saying the truth cos am afraid of the wrath of a big “loving” God.

• Godisbigandloving

August 17, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Pls leave my big loving God out of this ok.

• simple_wisdom

December 31, 2015 at 2:18 pm

What is the truth? If you knew God or even a glimpse of what truth is, you wouldn’t speak like that about God and the man of God. Of course, you will not understand what i am saying because you think you are being real.

I am sure you call yourself a christian, yet you dare to use such sarcasm with God’s name, because you being real and speaking the truth. CAN YOU SPEAK ABOUT A MUSLIM LEADER LIKE THAT, AND EVEN DARE TO INCLUDE ALLAH”S NAME THE WAY YOU DID. i’m sure you know what they would do to you.

The fastest way to destruction is to judge/speak about a matter you do not understand and are not qualified to judge because of lack of Knowledge.

Just as it is considered foolishness for a lame man to speak or judge issues relating to the Medical Practice or a medical doctor’s actions, so it is when a person that barely knows God by His Word and by Fellowship, to judge the man of God or the things of God. That man would speak and act in error just as you have done.

I pray you understand.

15. Lamz

August 17, 2015 at 6:30 pm

People need to realise that Men of God and their families need to be prayed for and not condemned.. remember there are MEN of GOD , not GOD of GOD. there flesh is very much intact, and as a Christain, you ought to know that daily the flesh and the prince of this world( the devil) constantly battles with the spirit( which is of GOD)… i pray whatever is going on in there lives is resolved in Jesus name

16. Adefu

August 17, 2015 at 6:56 pm

You see,

If i were you, after you read whatever, mind your business and face your own journey ahead…

Your life’s journey is much more important than whatever you have in your mind to say right now.

17. ENNY**

August 17, 2015 at 6:56 pm

I don’t like christ embassy church!

18. Bonj!

August 17, 2015 at 6:58 pm

The plot thickens……..the many who lead the sheep astray shall be exposed in due course

19. Lou

August 17, 2015 at 9:02 pm

lol I love you all bellanigerians, you all remind me of my growing up days with my siblings, we loved each other so much but always quarreling over every silly matter…… Hugs people

20. Obinna Amobi

August 18, 2015 at 4:30 am

Pls Pst Anita, stop inspiring our women to toe ur path. It is a dishonorable path. I really wonder the kind of abuse u talked about. You are called Pastor Anita, why act this way? God will not be happy over many families you will disorganise via your divorce. Dont preach forgiveness because it does not exist in your dictionart. Keep on punishing Pst Chris, God will help. Friends, let us pray for this family, they need it mostly now. The devil has targetted his ministry through his family life. God have mercy.

• BC

August 18, 2015 at 3:25 pm

To fight for her life and her rights is a dishonorable path? I don’t know why Africans encourage their women to suffer. Even on someone’s dying bed you’ll still hear that person saying “endure”.

• Edonyx

March 6, 2016 at 6:10 pm

the devil has been targeting family lives since 1900 . Uncle receive sense!…it is obvious u even lack common sense to understand and open ur eye to d fact dat the devil is daily and constantly fighting Godswill marriages to break up and Godswill rlships dat will lead to marriage from happening… mtcheww, ordinary family which the head of d family isnt a pastor is constantly facing such not to talk of when the head is a pastor.

21. Eerinmide

August 18, 2015 at 6:45 am

Please BN, why have you put ‘tolerated abuse for so long’ in quotes. Almost like it should be doubted and not believed. Meanwhile, I’m also seeing your posts about Pastor Chris. I don’t know if it’s just me, but the quotes make it seem like her words can’t be trusted. Let’s be careful please before we start making the victim the criminal. Cases like this are too fragile and you know even something as simple as quotes can be misunderstood

• Chizzy

August 18, 2015 at 7:33 pm

No dear, you are falling into the narcissist’s trap of trying to make the abuser coming across as the victim, master manipulators they are. Open your eyes honey

22. Amaa

August 18, 2015 at 6:59 am

After watching his video and his lame attempt to demonize paint his wife and mother of his children as a lesser creature. I knew that not only is a narcissist but also not an MOG. I remember when Benny Hinn,s wife wanted to live him he did not go bashing her in the media but took time off to repair what was broken in their home I don’t know if they are still together. Chris Oyahilome is no MOG his a pastorpreneur and its simple by their fruits you shall know them . Our God isnt a God of confusion he created the institution of marriage and stressed the essence of it because that is where the society gets its foundation. If you are in doubt look at America and its societal issues. So my dear pastor Anita no women should ever be made to under go any form of abuse in or out of marriage and I commend your maturity in this whole saga. Dont mind your “sourer belle” ex husband ,abusers think they are powerful and without them you are nothing these are the lies they tell their victims to subjugate them to more abuse and prevent them from living. One adage says when you wake up is your morning. Go on and reclaim your life and live the rest thanking your maker .

• Natu

August 18, 2015 at 2:50 pm

“America and it societal issues”. Are you serious? We have more issues than them!!!!

• Natu

August 19, 2015 at 2:30 am

Good point Natu!

23. OPTIMIZT

August 18, 2015 at 9:07 am

Horse s..t!!!

24. precy

August 18, 2015 at 2:29 pm

You know wat in Christs Embassy so many pastors doesn’t stay with their husbands, u find the wife stays in south Africa yet the husband was send to Canada which I think is very wrong and it promotes adultery and infidelity in the marriage, cos before the Pastorial tittle they are mare human beings who have feelings thus why we hear so many stories every tym of Christ Embassy Pastors w choir members or church members. where ever they sent a man he must not be separated with his wife and family cos its causing these Pastors to cheat. Wat can we sae they will tell u these are Christ embassy rules and how these Pastors must live for Christ and they will even tell u that Pastor Chris himself does not live with his wife. The best solution to these kinda problems I think Christ embassy must stop separating pastors and there famiies finish clara, cos all around the world most pastors are living in different cities or countries.

25. Faithgirl

August 18, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Lovely post by Pst Anita yet I can’t but ask Where is God and his word in all this? Where is Dont Pack your Bags Yet? Did God tell her to divorce? Beyond the obvious and many faults of Pst chris,what was her role? Was she just a victim?I look forward to reading more. God bless her.

26. Chizzy

August 18, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Pre and others trivializing abuse, mmmh I pray that you never encounter it. Emotional, mental, verbal and physical are all forms of abuse. The worst situation is when physical abuse in not happening and so people find it difficult to understand when the abused person is trying to communicate her situation but I can completely relate cos I have been there. First of all the situation is so toxic , it just gnaws at your soul.. Your feelings are never taken into cognizance, being treated with disdain and being constantly put down are part of your normal life. Of course, your opinion should not count, you are just an appendage to your partner and your job is to worship and feed his ego. Individuals unleashing this kind of terror are on the pulpit, boardrooms, infact everywhere. They are master manipulators. And when you leave them, they make sure that they get everyone to turn against you even if they have to fabricate lies against you. This is a classic case of narcissistic personality disorder at work. The truth is this man of God needs psychiatric and psychological therapy. Pray tnat he will realise himself and get help if you love. Him. Pastor ANita is not the crazy one, infact she is a hero to have survived there for so long. May God deliver us from narcissistic men and women.

27. Madugbah

August 19, 2015 at 12:08 am

This is definitely not Revd Anita!

28. narcissist hater

August 19, 2015 at 11:28 pm

@chizzy did we marry the same man? Nacissists are so evil and they just manage to keep that mask on so that people never see them for the monsters they truly are. The venom they unleash when you dare to leave them, carrying out q smear campaign of destruction and anhilliation. Pastor Anita I’m happy you were strong enough and chose to jump of that rollercoaster ride to hell!

29. Edward Bamfo-Darko

August 24, 2015 at 8:17 am

The most difficult thing for a christian wife to do is to submit to her own husband or call a husband Lord. And it is also very difficult for many christian husbands to love their wives as the Lord loves the Church. Whatever Pastor Chris did to Anita, I don’t think that he took her as a slave girl. There are confrontations in every marriage and theirs is not exception.
    However, Anita should have exercised lots of constrain considering the effect of her action on the faith of many women and men alike in Christ. If we suffer for the sake of Christ, I believe the reward is far reaching than the freedom we think we enjoy for leaving things out way.

30. Kenda

August 31, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Its a pity how you may have suffered in your marriage, sorry about all the emotional trauma suffered. But however we see this matter, divorce rate is about to hit an all time high for women who want to be inspired by this divorce. Women, even pastors wife willl start divocing any how now. Its endtime indeed, even Judas, Iscariot betrayed his master.

31. Alba

September 11, 2015 at 12:58 am

I am from Venezuela and from a friend i new about PasNigerianthis Chris. I started watching his vídeos every day on youtube.

32. Alba

September 11, 2015 at 1:05 am

I got so surprised when about of this divorce matter and even more now reag this Anitaor this reason: as a Pnowreadingthisreasoni am quite sure she used to speak in a manner and noe she spebsheispeaks just as a secular person.

33. Alba

September 11, 2015 at 1:09 am

Now she speaks as a secular person which mean that just because she marry a Pastor she became a Pastor as well; that is a the root!

34. nanayaw

September 19, 2015 at 8:57 am

It is not true…. A site so simple lyk dis

35. Perry

October 9, 2015 at 9:55 am

Are they really divorced? I don’t believe this. Am speechless. I have followed these two men of God all these while. I advise a come-back no matter what. Pleaseeeeee

36. Pst. Kingsley Okendu

October 11, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Be careful what you say or write about this holy union, none of you advisers and sympathizers know how or why God brought this holy union to be. Far from the thoughts of many, the crises in this union is the devil’s attempt to sway them from their aggression against his kingdom. In 2002 there was saga about this ministry but like I told many then that God was using both the devil and his agents to spread the gospel committed to Pst. Chris and his wife Anita, and true to it christ embassy and the glorious message committed to this couple is known around the world.
    To you Rev. Anita, I will most humbly say thank you for all you endured in other to build the kingdom of God! But if you destroy that you’ve built, you will make yourself a transgressor which you are not. I want you to know that this is another setup but you will surely come out victoriously with your lovely husband. God has given you the world, don’t give it to Satan. We love you so much and prays for you. I am steadfastly waiting for the day the mother of many in christ will come home to take care of her house

• Nnennaya

October 30, 2015 at 9:20 am

You are a true child of the Most High God. #BreathOfFreshAir

• simple_wisdom

December 31, 2015 at 2:20 pm

I love you sir. This is true wisdom in its purest form. Tell them sir

37. Hilja

October 12, 2015 at 8:44 am

I still not convinced she was abused because she did not say anything. It looks like she only wants to know about our problems while she did not tell the world about her problem with her husband. How can she said she use to be abused and she did not say anything. Some people can be funny sometimes…….. There is more to this divorce. She should tell us what is going on. I have read her husband s story that Anita misled by the wrong people who she thought is her friends. Be careful of fake friends who are just there to destroy other people s marriages. Have she ever tell anybody to advise her husband about this unmentioned problem between them or she just decided to divorce her husband. I hope she is not going to surprise to hear that her so called friend who advised her to divorce her husband, they are the one who wants her husband. Anita, think twice before you divorce your husband. Divorcing your husband is not a solution my sister. I hope you know what you are doing.

38. James Mori

October 13, 2015 at 6:00 pm

First of all I would like to thank God for Pastor Chris Oyakhilome for being my life-coach and for all the teachings of the Word of God that I receive from him and that change my life from glory to glory, what I know is, Pastor Chris is a special gift of God not only to Christ Embassy, but to the whole world in these last days, for me I have never found a man of God like Pastor Chris at all, all over the world, in this time of ours, and there is no pastor in this generation who can teach the Word of God accurately like Pastor Chris, except that pastor is under the teaching ministry of Pastor Chris, because the way Pastor Chris teaches and explains scriptures, is by the power of the Holy Spirit, what I know is, Pastor Chris preaches, teaches, explains the Word of God with the demonstration of the Spirit and of power and God still using him mightily like never before, because of Pastor Chris, now I know my rights in Christ, I know that I don’t need to fear anything, because I know who I am, and because of Pastor Chris, I know that the physical death that many people all over the world are afraid of, has loosed it’s dominion over my body, because Jesus Christ defeated that spirit of death, the truth is there is no pastor in these last days like Pastor Chris in teaching the Word of God, because the way God is using Pastor Chris, is so inspiring and amazing, Pastor Chris teaches the mind of God, and Pastor Chris speaks the words of power that produce results, and the Spirit of God always says to me that, because of the powerful teachings of Pastor Chris many ministers of the gospel who were sleeping all over the world , they are now motivated to do the works of God, and many Christians want to become pastors so that God can use them like pastor Chris, this is what the Holy Spirit says to me, and my advice to all the accusers of Pastor Chris, is this, be careful, don’t bother yourselves for nothing, because you can try to come against Pastor Chris, but you will not win, you can say what you want to say against the man of God, but you don’t know that you are fighting against yourselves, that means you are taking yourselves into a horrible darkness to fall and suffer, because if you are against the man of God, you will never have peace in your heart as long as you are still alive, especially if you know the truth and don’t live accordingly, you can pretend like you are happy, but you are not, therefore repent and start to live right by walking in love, then you can have peace in your heart, because if you are a Christian and you don’t walk in love, you are actually fighting yourself in this world, if you are against the man of God, that means you are walking in darkness, and that means you choose to be a victim, like what happen to king Saul who was against David, after David was anointed, therefore don’t touch the Lord’s anointed, this is my advice to you all. God bless you

39. James Mori

October 13, 2015 at 7:07 pm

I would like to say this again to all the accusers of Pastor Chris, remember what happened to king Saul who was against David, after David was anointed, before David took over the throne, therefore you can not fight a person who is anointed with a special anointing of a calling to an office, because a pastor is different from a normal Christian, remember king Saul even though he was anointed, but he was going against David that God also anointed, that was the reason king Saul fell, therefore don’t go against the Lord’s anointed, this is my advice to you all. God bless you.

40. Anointed

November 30, 2015 at 6:47 pm

I love both of you. Both of u have been a great blessing to my life. I can’t judge or condemn any of you. Both i pray every day for your reconciliation. It will happen in Jesus name!

• Nice

January 28, 2016 at 12:16 pm

I agree wit u sir in prayer. it is well

41. jaygirl

December 3, 2015 at 10:51 am

My father is a pastor……..a very bad one. He looks nice and humble on the outside, but we on the inside know whats up. He is a liar, a wife beater, and he drinks alcohol everyday. He gossips, abuses the church members, bribes, he is the most narccisitic person i ever knew. We grew up in fear, he would beat us all and beat our mum. I was the only girl, he made sure i grew up with no self confidence. He would tell me i would never get married, that i was useless. I was coming second in class and come home happily. My dad would flog me and ask me if the person who came first had 4 heads. yet outside no one knew, he was so humble in church, claiming he was seeing vision, claiming the lord would speak to him.

I am 33 now, last year i went to see my parents, and my dad called me to tell me lies about my mum. He was always jealous that we were close to our mum. He told me she had been stealing his money. I didnt waste time, i went to my mum immediately to ask her. She wept and immediately took me to go and confront him. My dad beat this woman in my presence and pulled out her braids from her hair till she was bleeding. And a few weeks later, very early in the morning, my mum packed her load and left him. She left and put off all her phones. My dad was shocked and desperate. He started to spread rumors, went to the police and claimed that she stole 15million naira from him and disappeared. Called her siblings and told them that she had been cheating on him and he caught her and she left him. Lied to the church that she travelled to india for medical treatment.

Its been a year now, my mum is out of hiding but not living with him. He threatened he would kill her for what she has put him through by leaving him in old age. He bribed the Bishop and now he has been posted to another church where he told the members his wife lives in india because she is undergoing constant medical treatment. My brothers do not talk to him, they dont pick his calls. I call him once a week, just out of courtesy, and then all he does is abuse my mother and tell me how my brothers would die a painful death.

Its funny because people outside never knew what was going on, they saw us a children of a very rich humble anglican paster. They never kenw what was going on inside, how we would cry all night with our mum because she had been severely beaten, or the day he beat my brother with an iron rod and his whole flesh at his back was open and bleeding because he couldnt draw the map of nigeria atthe age of 10. OR the day he threw my mum down the stairs because she was talking to us in the room and didnt hear him call her.

Abuse can be physical or emotional, but on the outside you would never know.

• Greatman

December 27, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Jaygirl are you serious about this? +2349030349386

42. Greatman

December 27, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Truth is Pastors are human… Alot of ‘m need the help of God.

43. jamminrealist

January 2, 2016 at 11:50 pm

Jaygirl, you need to break those curses your father spoke against you and your brothers. Take authority and cancel his evil words

44. Nice

January 28, 2016 at 11:26 am

wow. perry I love u Bro. I miss her. I couldn’t see God in quote if it’s truly hers. I just love n miss her teachings. den,for doz rejoicing,go read abut Christ Embassy again. understand this,it’s not whether u Like dem or not,every one wont lik u because ur right. Haha. I laugh. dey are doin amazing big n gud tins. spreading God’s word everywhere. Pastor Chris is a man of God. Pastor Anita is anointed too. knowledge matters. Those judging from dia xperience is totally wrong. dat it happened to u doesn’t mean it’s d same for everybody. dat would be foolish. Pastor Anita ma,Am sori for wat u went through or had to go through for the gospel, if it’s true (cos I don’t believe d media. not for a bit. They report what they think is true or what wil sell. They ar sure many huge profit n getting popular). I know u wia into d ministry for what u believe in. Dats why am here and no matter what am not allowed or prepared to quit. this gospel has consumed me n I lik it. I can’t b abused. no one can abuse me. its my choice. d world is not for sissies. I cnt b dishonor. No Christian should be abused. Guys,u may say “its because I hv not been in dat situation” but dat wia knowledge comes to play. I know wat to do. Even it doesn’t work I wil find out wat to do to change things. Am not judging anybody. no one except the devil n his cohorts is to blame. For me,I earnestly pray for d family’s reunion. I do. THE WORD OF GOD WORKS.

45. Nice

January 28, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Anointing, Dats great. Haha. those calling pastor Chris a “pastorprenuer”. Haha. I laugh. in Jesus’ time,they called him “the son of Beelzebub”. buh dat was an interesting name. Hop u can explain d meaning to God when u see Him. funny,how many of u guys hop to see God. Those dat say we worship our pastor. Haha. I laugh. If u wake up in the morning n tell ur parents”Gud morning ma or sir. I thank God for u today. u mean a lot to me n I love u wit everything I’ve got. if I come to this world again,I would still want u to b my parents”,ur worshipping ur parents, abi? many of u guys don’t even appreciate ur parents. am wit only my mum, so I know wat she means to me. Pastor is my father,mentor, life coach. I love him. He turned me from a ghetto boy to a young prince. I may not b perfect in ur eyes But Dats d reason for d church,for perfecting d saints. Jesus Christ is my Lord,my father, my mentor n High Priest. Pastor Chris pointed me to Jesus. I went n saw Him for my self. what is now wrong in saying “Thank u pastor Chris. I love u sir”. everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion but before, u talk about anything, get the right info,from the right source.
    God’s word works. Am a living proof. If u call it “brainwashing”, Haha. I agree with Peter wen he said not only his feet should b washed but also his hands and his head. I don’t want only my brain to b washed,but my hands my kidney, my liver my heart,my lungs,everything Haha. u guys think we are following a man. Haha am following The Word. Haha. one love guys. Pastor Anita ma,am ur biggest fan and waiting to hear ur teaching. Thank God for Jesus

46. fuzzy contiah

February 20, 2016 at 7:58 am

Oyakhilome is not a pastor.
    GOD have mercy on him.

47. justcooling

February 22, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Has anyone noticed? Pastor Anita looks so much like Pastor Chris in this picture above. So sad they are going their separate way. I wish her the best in life.

48. Nkechi Richael

March 6, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Anita the peace of The Lord God be unto you. I just wanted to thank you for the years you spent with your husband to build God’s kingdom. I maybe wrong one thing you fail to understand is that as you both work so hard to expand God’s kingdom the destroyer was plotting a big one for you and your beloved Christian O. I do not think devoice is the answer as we including your husband is not above temptation. I do not know if you actually took your time to tell satan and its agent to get behind your husband, as Jesus our Lord told Peter and not Peter in the physical. I strongly believed if you listen to this voice you must go ahead and reconcile with you husband. The almighty God be with as accept to rebuild this alter for God sake.

49. Nkechi Solomon

March 6, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Anita the peace of The Lord God be unto you. I just wanted to thank you for the years you spent with your husband to build God’s kingdom. I maybe wrong one thing you fail to understand is that as you both work so hard to expand God’s kingdom the destroyer was plotting a big one for you and your beloved Christian O. I do not think devoice is the answer as we including your husband is not above temptation. I do not know if you actually took your time to tell satan and its agent to get behind your husband, as Jesus our Lord told Peter and not Peter in the physical. I strongly believed if you listen to this voice you must go ahead and reconcile with you husband. The almighty God be with you as you accept to rebuild this alter for God sake.

Love this! 0 Reply

50. Lola Osarobo

April 12, 2016 at 10:36 am

It is well with both servant of the most high God , We all should allow God be the judge knowing fully well that we serve a just Father and faithful King.

51. Mercy

June 25, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Thanks for sharing! I will email you shortly

52. LOUIS

August 25, 2016 at 6:03 am

God has shown me a few years ago that there is blood on Pastor Chris garment of love,then recently in 2016 that he is questioning God as to when his problems all started.

53. Bos

June 15, 2018 at 4:08 pm

If only men will talk and squeal the details, most commentators ‘d think twice before voicing an opinion.

But men don’t talk, and they don’t squeal too. They don’t play victims, they don’t seek to manipulate others to attract sympathy.

Life alone is tough. In close relationship with others, for friendship or marriage is tougher.
    Most marriages have some good memories, and then the trying days.

For some, it is financial pains,
    For some, it is waiting to have children
    For some, it is lack of love
    For some, it is management of expectations.

What is common is that human beings always yearn for more money, more love and affection, and we may go through life asking why the next desire remains far fetched.

Wisdom is in knowing that no one is perfect, including our partners, and when relationship goes south, we can do more than scapegoating those we once professed to love and care for.

When its over, let it be over.