Scoop

From Struggling with Drug Addiction to Being an Inspiration! Watch Akin Adelakun Share his Story on ‘Heart of the Matter’

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Akin Adelakun

Akin Adelakun is a different kind of survivor.

On this week’s episode of ‘Heart of the Matter’, we get face to face with a man who once used drugs and was tagged insane. Today, he helps others, inspiring them that there is a way out from the pain of drug addiction.

Watch Opuiyo Oforiokuma in a chat with Akin Adelakun below.

The Heart of the Matter is a syndicated Talk/Interview show, which provides a platform for discourse and an enabling environment for people from different backgrounds and vocations, to freely share their ideas and experiences about relevant societal issue

1. God'sChild

August 29, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Truly inspiring! God bless you Akin!

2. Blessed

August 29, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Such an amazing story!

It shows the liquid love of God and how concerned he is about us, every little thing. No one is a write-off for God doesn’t sponsor no flops!

Being in the medical field has opened my eyes to recoveries that only God, the father of my Lord Jesus Christ could have done. Years ago, I went into the medical field with the naive thinking that medicine could solve all and i was seriously shocked. in my mind, i was like, “if you just read, you can help everyone”.

i remember vividly, while in the lecture room one day, the lecturer was teaching on a particular disease and then, he said, “we dont know what causes it and why it happens, we can only give theories”. Ha, i couldnt believe my ears. ha, shey i came here to do guess work? the one that hurt me the most is telling me there is no cure.

Kai, i wept. it hurt me so much to see people suffering and telling them, you have to take these for the REST of your life or worse still, nothing can be done! i seriously doubted that i was in the right field oo but No, not anymore.

Since knowing the miracle working power of God, i know i am in the right place to tell them that though medicine might not give you the help you desire, Jesus has done it over and over again and you are not different. As a person i love absolute solutions and i know and know with every fiber of my being that Jesus is the only REAL SOLUTION! He is more real than next person beside me.

He is indeed the only Sovereign God!

Thank you for sharing your testimony, Sir. This is your own “gospel”.

Well done also to the team. Something different, refreshing and simple True!

3. Gorgeous

August 29, 2015 at 3:20 pm

I have had People I know addicted to things, and looking back they did have some obvious mental issues. Personally I cannot be addicted to anything if I tried. I think addictive personalities can be traced to mental health issues and it is also probably genetic. I am happy for him that he recovered from his mental health issue. No doubt such a traumatic childhood played a very big role. His father who was a chronic abuser probably had mental health issues as well.

4. somebody

August 29, 2015 at 4:29 pm

OH THANK YOU LORD, SUCH A GREAT MIRACLE.

5. Ngozi

August 29, 2015 at 4:46 pm

This is so touching. There is hope in Jesus, please don’t waste time. Some people still treat God as though they are doing Him a favor by not accepting His love and mercy through Jesus.

6. adeanon

August 29, 2015 at 8:47 pm

God is truly faithful. – i thank God for saving this man.It could have been a different end!

7. muse

August 30, 2015 at 12:28 am

Akin I am proud of you and humbled by your story. The part where you went back and the doc said you will be on meds for life and your brother made you cry, but you said you knew and felt something within you, that you wouldn’t not end up like that is everything. FAITH! and the determination to see it come to fruition. I praise God for life, for the experience, the miracle for the great work He is using you for. All glory to God! You are great and an inspiration. Please keep it up and remain blessed

8. Chic-c

August 31, 2015 at 5:22 am

So happy for him. Hope his testimony increases even more. Wish you the best akin

9. mama dazel

September 1, 2015 at 6:26 am

God bless you

10. Sunny-Unachukwu

September 2, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Proud of you my Dear friend

11. Ife