News

Must Read! Fashola personally responds to N78 Million Website Saga

BellaNaija.com

Gov-FasholaSetting the Records Straight
A Statement by his Excellency, Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN the immediate past Governor of Lagos State

“When you wrestle with a pig, the pig gets happy and you get dirty.”

This statement of profound wisdom informed my silence in the wake of manipulated and unsubstantiated allegations of wrongdoing recently being levelled against me. They started a few weeks to the end of my tenure, and have continued till date.

They range from allegations of extra marital paternity of children, to mundane and phantom conspiracy in the National Assembly, a debt profile for Lagos State and lately a website upgrade contract of N78million, which is being distorted.

In so far as the allegations of paternity are concerned, they are wicked and false. I have no biological children other than my two children.

Of course, I adopted three children who became orphaned as a result of the tragic DANA Airplane crash of 2012 and the adoption followed due process. Those who do not care whether they hurt innocent children or invade the privacy of other citizens in their mindless rage against me will have their rewards served upon them in the fullness of time.

As far as my alleged involvement in the National Assembly elections are concerned, they remain only the products of the imagination of those who made the allegations. I was out of the country at the material time and returned only in the early hours of that morning to Abuja, and from there proceeded to Lagos.

As far as debts of Lagos State are concerned, the fact is that Lagos had always had depts. her population is growing and for a long time she has run deficit budgets to cater to the needs of that growing population.

All the debts contracted in my time were approved by the Parliament in the annual budgets, some have been paid back and the financial status was healthy and stable when I left. The outlook for the state and her rating by Fitch was long-term foreign and local currency IDRs at ‘BB-‘, short-term IDR at ‘B’ and national long-term rating at ‘AA+(nag)’.

When we all pause and reflect and think, we will realise that there are a sizeable number of companies who are running business, who have no responsibility for Security, Public Health, Public Education and other responsibilities of Government, who borrow more than Lagos State Government, whether collectively or individually.

As far as the website contract is concerned, yes there was a contract, It went through procurement and was approved by the Government agency authorised to do so.

One of the services was an “upgrade” quoted for N12.5 million but awarded for N12 million. There were other services that were new; like a handover countdown clock, mobile Apps for Google, for IOS and iPad, forMicrosoft and for Research in Motion (Blackberry), which the existing website did not have, as well as the annual maintenance cost of managing the website.

In publishing this Contract award which was the Government tradition under my watch, the procurement agency’s website summarised it as “upgrade” only without detailing the other services and this has been distorted by the agents of hate as their suspected “smoking gun”.

For those who are familiar with mobile applications, they will know that users either pay for them online or download them for free.

What is usual is that applications for service are usually provided to users free, but somebody bears the cost.

Since these applications were to be made available to the public for free access and to assist Government communication, we decided to pay for them.

The entire documents are with the Lagos State Government and are available for those who seek the truth. For the record, since 2008, long before the Freedom of Information Act ever passed, we had put out our contracts on the State website because people deserve to know.
It is regrettable that a “summary” of the contract has been deliberately distorted to misinform the public.

This particular website came into being as a result of the decision I made to make my telephone number public for the several thousands of people seeking to reach me daily.

The website that is now under attack helped me to do my job and to respond to citizens, and the contract was issued to run till my last day of office. It stands logic upside down for to “fraudulently” award a contract and then have it published on a website.

To date, there have been 27.666 million hits on this website with 1,844 videos, 34,381 photographs, 2,531 Press Releases and 595 Speeches, among other items for public communication.

I have chosen to make this personal response because as the head of government at the time of the transaction, the buck as they say stops on my desk and also because of the many calls, text messages and mails coming from many people seeking clarification; and to prevent fiction from being mistaken for truth.

I expect that there may be more distorted allegations without evidence, for reasons that remain in the realm of speculation because, I have been informed reliably that large amounts of money are being paid to some of these agents to bear false witness.

I cannot conclude without responding to the crusade of CACOL and their ilk, seeking my prosecution on allegations that have no proof and writing “pre-emptive” letters to the Presidency.

In case they are unaware, I am not looking for a job. I expect them to know that allegations of wrong doing are not resolved without evidence, neither are they resolved in press conferences.

I have served my state, and by extension, my country for Twelve and half years and I did so with my heart.

I am taking the rest that I believe I have earned.

For those who still wish to remain in the mud, they should look in the mirror.

For those who wish to throw mud at me, they should look at their own hands.

As for me, I have moved on. My job is done.

Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN.

1. olu

August 13, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Fashola, you are a good man so you will always have detractors.

So did Jesus.

March on bro..

• Damilola's

August 13, 2015 at 10:31 pm

Say what you want about Fashola, he’s still one of the finest leaders Nigeria has. He’s not perfect, but his heart to make Lagos and Nigeria a better place is a genuine one. It’s very rare in Nigeria in the midst of high percentage of corrupt minds. Nigerians are not easy people to rule, so small effort makes a huge difference. There will always be criticism for people in office including ones with the best interest for the country and working hard towards it. The fact that he addressed and explained himself shows the kind of man he is. I respect that about him. 78 million wasn’t just for the website, it includes other things. Whether it looks amateur, or other sites looks better, is irrelevant. And yeah, some will still continue to accuse him and oppose him, which is totally fine.

However, fashola if you ever run for presidency you have my 100% vote. Donald duke, I tag you too.

• Reverse

August 14, 2015 at 12:17 am

The gullibles and hypocrites are out to play… So good men are permitted to steal? Eh kwa… and you people paraded this fraud as one of the faces of change. People demanding explanations on what their tax was used for, and this wishy washy crap is what we get?

Fashola, you go write letter tire… by the time Tinubu and Ambode finish with you, your eyes go clear. Very unprofessional response, talking about pigs. You be thief jor, we’re not fooled.

• my take

August 14, 2015 at 9:01 am

before you accuse someone of stealing, you need concrete evidence. Fashola is one of Nigerian’s best governors. See what he was able to achieve in Lagos during his tenure. As he rightly said, “those who wish to throw mud at him should take a look at their own hands” . Fashola all the way! anytime, anyday

• Tkum

August 14, 2015 at 9:33 am

Don’t mind Nigerians… i swear down HYPOCRISY and not CORRUPTION is the biggest threat to our Nation….Right about now whatever is good for Diezani and her cohorts by Buhari’s government is perfectly good for Fashola!!!

• Anonymous

August 14, 2015 at 9:50 am

FOOL!!! MUMU!!! ODE!!! Na u b thief!!! Ewu Togo!!!

• emma

August 29, 2015 at 6:46 am

you guys are just an ingrate, do you people reason at all, why is it you always want someone clean to be dirty like you and your background? do read his response very well. abi u go school ni, na wa oooooh. he said all he did pass through procurement office and if you care to know the truth he has all his documents intact, what else do you guys want

• Olajide Jacob Taiwo

August 14, 2015 at 1:38 pm

You are still one of the best swerving public servant / governor. Please forge ahead. I love it the way you responded. Let whosoever cares read, and digest. A role model. ” IWO ABANIJE TENIKAN O BAJE OJO TO BA DEKUN ATI BANIJE LAO BA O JE KANLE ”

2. bamayi

August 13, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Dear Bellanaija, Your website is better than that CRAP fashola made for 78Million. ! He could have given that to 78 technical graduates . Lagos might be better off….

• Tkum

August 14, 2015 at 9:34 am

gbammest!!

3. isa

August 13, 2015 at 9:46 pm

Gov Fashola should calm down. He shouldn’t further insult tech entrepreneurs in Lagos let alone Nigeria by trying to justify 78mil with listed services.
    Let’s all stay with the fact that the system is sick n not further insult our intelligence.

4. isa

August 13, 2015 at 9:52 pm

How come my comments ain’t approved? Interesting.

5. Bea Pearl

August 13, 2015 at 9:59 pm

I so love this man. May Allah (S.W.T) continue to be with you all the days of your life. Amin. As for the adopted children, may they never have the cause to regret you being their adopted father. Amin. God Bless you Sir.

6. Midas

August 13, 2015 at 10:03 pm

Fashola be throwing some shades at who gan sef.
    The man took his time to give a sweet response to the allegations,but 78million is much to me though.

7. Babym

August 13, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Gbam! Nuff said!

8. Shirley

August 13, 2015 at 10:12 pm

People really do not read, this is not just for website upgrade and maintenance, apps were built for every parastatal in Lagos State, websites built and maintained, full social media communication, 78m might be too much but it is not cheap to maintain.

9. Tari

August 13, 2015 at 10:20 pm

As in 78 million naira?
    Jesus take the wheels!!

Oga, this defence get as e be o.

10. Ms.b

August 13, 2015 at 10:24 pm

It seems some of you either don’t read or don’t understand what u read. He said the 78mill is a distorted figure, the real amount was 12mill. And some of u r still saying he is trying to justify the 78mill. Black man problem, hate to read n difficulty to understand.

• korexxkun

August 14, 2015 at 7:36 am

It appears you arent the one who is reading it well. See below the paragraph:

“It was for all these services that the contract was issued for N78 million, which the Lagos State procurement agency gave a No objection based on the advice of the Ministry of Science and Technology, who are the Government adviser on ICT matters.”

• blindms.b

August 14, 2015 at 7:37 am

‘It was for all these services that the contract was issued for N78 million, which the Lagos State procurement agency gave a No objection based on the advice of the Ministry of Science and Technology, who are the Government adviser on ICT matters….’

My dear Ms,B, sadly you are the one who needs to read and comprehend!

• toks

August 20, 2015 at 2:33 pm

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH YOURSELF?

11. oooooo

August 13, 2015 at 10:26 pm

Lies as usual…He didn’t deny the fact that the contract was actually awarded at the cost of 78M, very good. The truth is coming out small small…And before some criminals come here to display their ediotic attitude, bear in mind that the said contract is for 2014 alone..Very soon, breeze go blow and we will see fowl nyash

12. Lagosgirl

August 13, 2015 at 10:28 pm

This sabi insult!

He should stick to the issue of the monies he stole as governor

This one that recently had more children out of wedlock. Twins to be specific. And he is forming saint. Of course we know you need the money because you have more mistresses and children to feed.

• bamayi

August 13, 2015 at 11:07 pm

GOD BLESS YOU ! … He actually Lied about his own children. He bought her a house in LONDON. He stopped brown “enveloping’ the media on 29th of may. The truth is coming out

• Missy

August 14, 2015 at 12:06 pm

how is it anyone’s business how many children or mistresses he decides to have??? abi will it put food on your table if he has less amount of kids?

• my take

August 14, 2015 at 9:07 am

no one is a saint. not supporting him though if he is really guilty . i just wonder what you would have done as a governor of Lagos State, hope you will be a lot better and not save riches for your 20th generation

13. Lagosgirl

August 13, 2015 at 10:30 pm

Terrible response.

Dude should have just kept silent. Spending more than 60 million naira of taxpayer funds on simplistic iOS and Android apps…who the heck asked for this?
    Who also gives a crap about how many videos and pictures have been posted on the website? Why should that be a metric or an excuse for the amount spent? Is it the duty of the website builders to upload media, or Fashola’s media team?

What was the bidding process for the website that allowed a company without a website of their own to get the contract for an astronomical N12 million ?

Rubbish. Total rubbish.

• Julie Boy

August 13, 2015 at 10:50 pm

Love your comment like KILODE. I only visited the site when ‘fowl yansh blow’

14. ifyourask

August 13, 2015 at 10:34 pm

Clueless Fashola. You were always on the news calling GEJ clueless yet you blew over 70million of govt money on a yeye website with no clue on how to make that money back from the website.Baba fash d same man dat denied d said contract was up to 78m some days ago,now comes out to agree on d same 78m with big big grammar. Bros stop forming holier dan thou

15. observer

August 13, 2015 at 11:17 pm

U never move anything o. Shey jona job never done, y bubu con dae chase am about?? Abeg!!! U go face efcc u don forget say for this business, nobody holy..
    **Amm mood activated, anti masturbaters mode**
    Processing…..
    Voice machine says…
    ***u are now 100%safe from masturbaters***

16. abdul aderogba

August 13, 2015 at 11:25 pm

No. Matter how long lies peddle, one day the truth will come out. Dear Fashola, let them continue to run their mouth. Elenu lo lenu. The process of seeking redress is there for anyone who has any grievance against you. God has used you to sanitise Lagos and develop it the more. God bless you.

• apc lies

August 14, 2015 at 12:41 am

@ Abdul park your trashy ass well!
      Who is lieing here?

17. Tols

August 13, 2015 at 11:27 pm

Apart from the inflated figures why would he name a website being paid for by the state after himself. That makes it’s redundant now since other governors of Lagos state can’t use it. Imagine if every governor of Lagos decided to waste money and open their websites and have we the tax payers pay for it! The website should have simply be named Governor of Lagos state not Tunde Fashola, that way incoming Governors can still use it . Fashola cannot defend this waste of Lagos State recourses no matter how many words he uses .

18. Shisharito

August 13, 2015 at 11:51 pm

Please what nuff has been said?

19. Ifeoma N

August 13, 2015 at 11:52 pm

BRF, nobody is playing with you inside potty.
    People are shouting because 78 million naira from taxpayers money is too much for your personal website. These features you are talking about is irrelevant. You can’t even justify these actions.

20. nene+

August 14, 2015 at 12:20 am

Cock and bull story if you ask me.
    Still waiting for Fashola’s justification this is not.
    This is just his usual insults bla bla bla. You haven’t moved on, I still saw you in Germany with Buhari. Just this small accusation he is cursing over paternity story! Childish and local!

I am waiting for the answer to 78 million and 1.2 billion naira lekki pedestrian bridges.

A duplex in Lekki was bought 50 million. How come a bridge will be 400million per 1?

Fashola biko ji nwayo GEJ has also moved on but your party abuse him daily and he doesn’t respond nor swear for any one.

We don’t need your curse words, no one is pig here just answer the question shikena!

21. Fasholaslover

August 14, 2015 at 12:41 am

Hahahahahahah. Mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. When the hunter becomes the hunted. Shebi Fashola mouth dey sharp to curse and abuse Jona? Karma is indeed a Baaaad Asssss Bitch. Soo, you you know no one should be judged and sentenced on the pages of the Newspaper and on the basis of propaganda? Hear this “….I expect them to know that allegations of wrong doing are not resolved without evidence, neither are they resolved in press conferences….” Indeed, there is trouble in the camp of Tifnubu.

Buroda, Ootiri nken ken. Ole, aboju won koko. N78Million faaa? This your explanation dey smell. And for those who see no evil and speak no evil shame on ya all.

22. Kelvin

August 14, 2015 at 1:13 am

To think ambode is silent on this
    Wondered who was behind it all
    Come 2019 come

Brf
    Owo yen po nah
    But you r still my man cos I know it could have been worse,
    Mama p used 1 billion to eat
    Ncc used 50 million to renovate toilets
    Etc

Ambode am watching you

23. Iris

August 14, 2015 at 6:01 am

“One of the services was an “upgrade” quoted for N12.5 million but awarded for N12 million.”
    Chineke me! I’m normally a big Fashola fan but this is much. Are there any web designers here? Is it possible for a website like this to require a 12 million naira upgrade?
    tundefashola.com/contact/index4.html
    I’m genuinely curious. I am now starting to wonder how much this Bella Naija website costs to maintain.

24. ola

August 14, 2015 at 7:28 am

If only you people can spend this much energy and strength to abuse the likes of Babangida,Abdulsalam and OBJ…..e for better.

25. Dami

August 14, 2015 at 8:39 am

A very fine write up, I must say! Although it’s nothing new coming from a lawyer with your experience and exposure.
    I just have one question……… Why did the so called tech company release a statement saying it was 10 million that was approved. Someone is lying.

Fashola, yes you deserve rest after 12 years which you begged for. You were not forced into governorship, so therefore you never in anyway did Lagos any favours. Also for everything you did, you used hard earned tax payers money, so please if we need you to answer alot of questions. I advice you answer them smiling because you were fortunate to have held this position and I promise that you were rewarded handsomely, one you could never have dreamt of in your life time.

So quit being arrogant! $75 million wasn’t your money so pls explain again how you spent it.

• warizdiz

August 14, 2015 at 10:29 pm

@Dami, such a brilliant comment. Such arrogance. Public servants be delusional. Thinking they are doing the people they ought to serve a favour. Wishy washy response.

26. joyous

August 14, 2015 at 8:53 am

Fashola is my mentor,he showed clearly that we still have some wonderful politicians out there who still have the interest of the people and there country at heart.as for his haters,how come a kettle is calling a pot black.

• Tomiwa

August 14, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Leave the kettle for now my friend, he’s own day if reckoning us coming. Let’s deal with the pot on fire now! If it’s black , it’s black! People and sycophancy /hypocrisy !!! Bellanaija I don’t comment much post my comments oh. This topic us important as this is a manwe all respected. We must hold people to higher standards!

27. timi

August 14, 2015 at 9:03 am

I cant blame Fashola for this, because it was approved based on consultation with Ministry of Science and Technology. I once worked with an IT coy where we got almost same contract for two firms( a private and a govt one). My coy quoted for the govt one more than twice the one for the private coy, because of the dubious transaction existing “”sorting”” . At the end of the day what we developed for the private coy was better than the govt one because;
    -the profit we got from govt contract was little after bribing
    -There was no one to monitor the progress/activity of the job,because they cared more about their pockets

• molarah

August 14, 2015 at 9:39 am

Exactly. And I think that’s the most important point to be raised. I think N78 million for a website is scandalous (haba! I’ve built a website with my own hands, at a millionth of this cost!) but hey, this was based on recommendation from a Ministry that was supposed to know better. It’s not his core area of expertise, it is we internet-savvy youths that know the cost is outrageous, but our less techy parents may not be this aware. I believe Mr Fashola should learn his lesson from this, if he is to hold any more public positions from this. Don’t trust the so-called experts in your cabinet all the time.

28. Oloye

August 14, 2015 at 9:09 am

Oga! So the short of the long story is that N78m was spent on website? God will judge us all…

tundefashola.com/

29. o

August 14, 2015 at 9:42 am

Because u want to proof a point you incurred $75 million debt on a website? This is not what u call a job don’t be ridiculous Mr Fashola!….You make good decision to better the economy and not make it worst!!

Question for you Mr Fashola if you were to be a trader is this the way you will manage people’s investments?? Nigeria economy go dey crash every day!!!

If $75m was spent on just a website how much did u spend on other projects…..thinking??? President Buhari please probe Mr Fashola o!!

30. NG

August 14, 2015 at 9:48 am

But this is no stealing for a governor by Nigerian standard. It is almost an insult to Fashola with all the security votes and huge state budget at his disposal- yes they have all the powers.
    But he should have refrained from this tepid explanation.
    If he stole, let us in on what he stole please. One gets the sense that he did not do much, if this is the best or among the relevant that can be thrown at him.

31. oriolowo

August 14, 2015 at 9:52 am

The man had taken time to explain his own side of the transaction. To the best of my knowledge, anybody in doubt should request for the actual contractual document and review it and tally his statements with the document. Where we are not convinced, write or petition the EFCC. No need of over flogging the issue on the pages of the newspapers. Finally, some people could never see anything good in other people’s efforts. Let us learn how to appreciate each others’ efforts, we should not allow bad belle to override our sense of judgement. BRF have put up the best in Lagos state and if these are the ways other states governors performed, Nigeria would have been a more better place to leave.

32. moshood olayiwola olatunji

August 14, 2015 at 10:09 am

A full probe of his term might be in other? Nothing More , Nothing Less. APC needs to do this for the future of all of us? Fair is Fair. Personally, he was a good governor and we should not forget that, to say everyone that worked under him was the same is a different thing. A probe needs to happen in Lagos state, Some people took the piss and they must get away with it? PS : the Probe must include the civic service, get all our money back!!!!

33. sheriff

August 14, 2015 at 10:31 am

Gbam!!! My governor has spoken .

34. faith

August 14, 2015 at 10:56 am

lol @ incase you dont know i’m not looking for job……hehe.

35. Okechukwu Ofili

August 14, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Let me get this $650,000 on a website? But the roads of Lagos are still flooding left right and center and Fashola is somehow a great governor? Wake me up when Hypocrisy ends.

• Tomiwa

August 14, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Don’t mind the messy idiots in this country. I think people are sick in thus country to be honest. How we idolize THIEVES who are sucking us dry is alarming! People are so blinded by politricks, their own lives don’t matter anymore

• adelegirl

August 14, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Thank you! N78mn on what as far as I am concerned, is no more than a frivolity. I like Fashola and I am generally partial to APC but otito koro ko ni ka ma so – truth is bitter doesn’t mean we shouldn’t speak it. Haba! This is akotileta behaviour sir. The roads of Alimosho LGA need fixing please and don’t give me bull crap about LGA funds we all know LGAs don’t exist in the true sense of federalism.

• ak

August 14, 2015 at 3:54 pm

Still in space i see?

Exchange rate is N200 to $1

• whatwillbewillbe

August 14, 2015 at 11:43 pm

Nna Chukwu gozie gi for this your comment. Best Gov my foot! We didn’t even ask for too much, just make the high brow areas presentable, he refused. Etiosa which I dare say make up the richest LGAs in the country are alums. Of cos, we know ikoyi is the ‘slummiest’ of them all. Let small rain just threaten to drizzle, forget it biko. How he and his cronies couldn’t find a way to get proper drainage systems in place is beyond me. Let’s not even venture into the Yabas and Magodos, and heaven forbid we even think of the Oriles, Ikorodus and Ajegunles.
      I repeat, best Governor my foot, biko.

36. Easy n Gentle

August 14, 2015 at 12:06 pm

You’re going to attack Fashola and you keep referencing his comments on GEJ, this makes it particularly hard to take y’all seriously. it’s reeks of vindictiveness; trying to get back when you have the chance. Obviously some people do not read, some people have started misrepresenting 75million naira for Dollars; and someone conveniently quoted the part where he didn’t deny the contract was for 75million naira but skillfully ignored the parts where he mentioned that the website alone was 12million naira and the remaining were for other things. They were also Ray Charles to the fact that he explained that they only summarized the details of the contract. Allegations does not a guilty man make. If we’ve all been held guilty of everything we’ve been alleged of, then no one gets out unscathed.

That said, I agree with what a commentator said, he should have named the website after Lagos state government instead of himself. 75million naira is peanuts compared to their security votes. Imagine the revenue at his behest, and all they can do is accuse him of misappropriating less than 400,000$. Hell, if that’s all he ever pockets for the level of service he rendered, I wouldn’t mind. for clarity purposes, I’m more than willing to forgive a man that has actually worked when I have thousands that are lazy, do nothing during their term and yet still steal your money. you think he stole, take him to court or EFCC. Swaying of public opinion swaying is not enough.

• Tomiwa

August 14, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Please go and rest! Your points are quite EMBARRASING to be honest. Yes fashola worked in lagos but has this proven he us a corrupt man? YES!!!!!!
      1.DESIGNING A WEBSITE FOR 12M- IS FRAUD.!!!
      2.DESIGNING A PERSONAL SITE WITH TAX PAYERS MONEY – FRAUD
      3. PAYING 66M ( SIXTY SIX MILLION NAIRA) FOR APPS MANY GET FREE- IS EVEN A BIGGER FRAUD

When I saw this man jump up on cars spraying money during the last Election, I knew finally the real fashola which had been hidden was coming out! Am I surprised to now hear this? No. He was pretending all along.
      SHAME ON FASHOLA- WE TRUSTED YOU, YOU HAVE RUINED YOUR LEGACY!

• Easy n Gentle

August 14, 2015 at 1:42 pm

he’s a fraud. get a lawyer, take him to court, have him convicted. keyboard warrior-ing won’t do it. My stand, innocent until proven guilty. I’m not going to join the band wagon because it’s convenient.

• Okechukwu Ofili

August 14, 2015 at 1:34 pm

12 million naira or $100,000 for a website is still too much.

• ak

August 14, 2015 at 3:33 pm

You must be living in space

Are you sure exchange rate is still 120 naira to 1 dollar?

37. unknown

August 14, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Ms.D, I have nothing to say to you for your stupid comment.
    Lagosgirl, you are the real MVP. That comment needs a million likes

38. Noms

August 14, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Fashola as a “good governor” is overhyped.
    I have always asked for the things he did and I keep hearing “he cleared Oshodi”, ok? What else?Please I need to be enlightened as a lay man.
    Yes, I live in Lagos and in the Lekki-Epe axis. The road project has been on for 10years of which Fashola was part of but still, there is still made trafffic because they didn’t do what they ought to have done like fly over bridges.
    Did I just see a comment that on of the pedestrian bridge on the Lekki road costs N400,000,000?
    This people must be joking.
    We all know government contracts are over charged because of delays in payment and the “sorting” but this people should fear God.
    All the immediate/past governors/government should be probe”good or bad” governors.
    This people are wicked.
    Governor Oshiomole is collecting loan now..
    Governor James Ibori, past Governor of Delta State stole money but the people of Delta has never had a better governor because he worked. So does being a governor who worked stops you from being jailed if found guilty? Ask my former Governor who is in jail but is still being celebrated for the “works” he did.
    If he can use N78M for a site and apps named after himself with tax payers money then we need to check the costs of the actual state projects.
    The “taut”in Fashola came out during the election campaigns., I couldn’t believe the words that were coming out of his mouth.

39. OJ

August 14, 2015 at 1:45 pm

THE GOOD: Current Governors will be more careful in awarding contracts;
    THE INTERESTING: People jumping into conclusions without first finding out how much their own employers pays for the website and remembering that web designers will always charge the Government 10x than amount;
    THE CRAZY: People expecting the Governor to review the nitty gritty of every expenses in the state
    THE END: Y’all should go to court if you feel so strongly about this and stop hiding behind your laptops

40. Tunmi

August 14, 2015 at 2:21 pm

I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Assuming he is not internet-savvy enough to realize just what he was getting into, he may not have approved such a contract. It’s on his head because he is the governor. I think he really should investigate this matter.

And THIS is why you invest in the youths. Not those 30+ folks but young children. How many coding programs are geared for young kids? How many IT programs are available for primary and secondary school students? I’m willing to entertain the idea that he trusted the Ministry of Science and Tech as @timi and @Molarah have said. It’s one hell of a mistake, if so.

41. Angel

August 14, 2015 at 5:42 pm

He who comes into equity must come with clean hands. Look at even Fashola that we’ve been made to believe is saint….. This new govt sha, I have no words for now, meanwhile some Nigerians are really gullible, ignorant and more clueless than GEJ they said was clueless judging by some comments here on BN.

42. Julia

August 14, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Where were all these allegations when we needed JK to expose all the rot in Lagos government over the past 16 years?

I’m beginning to suspect Ambode is behind this and not PDP. Let’s hope it makes him work to surpass the little Fashola did.