News

Photos from Peter Bello’s Memorial Service with Friends, Family & Colleagues in Attendance

BellaNaija.com

A memorial service was held in honour of Peter Bello, one of the two pilots who passed in the Bristow Helicopter crash.

As friends and family of Peter Kayode Bello mourn his passing away, a service of songs was held on Monday, August 17 at the Catholic Church of Divine Mercy in Lekki, Lagos Nigeria.

Peter Bello’s friends, family and colleagues were there to share tributes and celebrate a brilliant young man who gave selflessly of himself and continues to touch lives, even in death.

_MG_0378-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-BelloIMG_0416 _MG_0383-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0524-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0388-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0533-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0517-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0443-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-BelloIMG_0439IMG_0469IMG_0441IMG_0392 (2)IMG_0335IMG_0345 (2)IMG_0388 (2)IMG_0336 (2)IMG_0409 (2) _MG_0439-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0499-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0462-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0603-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0483-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-BelloIMG_0573IMG_0576 _MG_0638-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0585-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-BelloIMG_0498IMG_0514IMG_0520IMG_0518IMG_0378 (2)IMG_0364 (2) _MG_0432-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0500-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0592-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0484-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0572-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0575-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0579-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0583-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-BelloIMG_0497IMG_0406 _MG_0405-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0620-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-Bello _MG_0627-LAGOS-Service-of-Songs-in-Memory-of-Peter-BelloIMG_0574IMG_0579IMG_0522

Candlelight

IMG_0586 IMG_0588 IMG_0591 IMG_0594 IMG_0595 IMG_0597 IMG_0599 IMG_0602 IMG_0618 IMG_0606 IMG_0612 IMG_0613 IMG_0620 IMG_0626 IMG_0622 IMG_0422 IMG_0423 IMG_0638 IMG_0628 IMG_0632 IMG_0633 IMG_0635 IMG_0639 IMG_0647 IMG_0652 IMG_0656 IMG_0636 IMG_0659

Photo Credit: Sync Media

1. prince

August 18, 2015 at 4:55 pm

such an amazing fellow. I’m certain that he’s gone to be with the Lord. RIP Peter.

2. NIRA

August 18, 2015 at 5:09 pm

R.I.P!! I like the way BN started with sad faces and ended with some smiley faces.Unfortunate incident, but life really goes on. May God console and comfort the loved ones he left behind.

3. III

August 18, 2015 at 5:09 pm

He has 2 of my first names. Young dude…..

O’ Lord teach us how to number our days that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

4. ChiChiChilolo

August 18, 2015 at 5:19 pm

May he continue to rest in the bosom of the Lord. Goodnight Peter.

5. nene+

August 18, 2015 at 5:35 pm

One word sad! sigh

6. Bobosteke & Lara Bian

August 18, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Peter Kayode Bello,
    Most of us who know of you now, never knew you in life. Your death has brought us all together at this time and we celebrate and rejoice over who you were to many. You will stay 26 forever in reality, but your Memory is ageless.
    I celebrate you, Peter.
    Goodnight…

• Passerby

August 18, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Bobosteke and Lara you couldn’t have said it better. May he rest in peace.

7. Busarni

August 18, 2015 at 6:03 pm

OH!! My petbelly,,,, i was numb all through. Speechless, thoughtless, i dont even know. I still wonder if you ever got angry; i dont know how you did it but mehn you are a total package. You have made me appreciate the little things of life more.
    You prefered me calling you potbelly to petbelly but i refused and we laughed over it. I know you are in a better place now; let the living justify their existence by touching lives positively. i am out joor,,,,

• Nauti

August 19, 2015 at 11:21 am

Busarni, kpele dear. It must really hurt. E hugs to you,,,stay strong babe cos i know your are a strong somborri

8. Rolly

August 18, 2015 at 6:17 pm

The pictures really hit me harder than expected. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
    You can tell the people there really loved him… No one was overdressed and trying to seek attention. It was all about him.
    May they find the comfort and peace of mind their hearts desire.
    Life can be so so cruel.

9. Duchess Maria

August 18, 2015 at 6:57 pm

Even in death, he was able to pull such a crowd. You can tell he truly had such a great impact on the lives of many people. Peter, I never knew you until you died, but your passing has inspired me to do more and be more. To grab life by the horns and seize the day.
    You were just 26, yet had achieved so much. I truly am inspired to do more with my life and to make a difference in the lives of those around me.
    Rest in peace my brother. May God continue to comfort your family and your friends.

10. LamLam

August 18, 2015 at 7:06 pm

I never knew him when he was alive, but now that he’s gone i feel like i’ve known him for years anytime i read about him i tear up, only amazing things were said about him so i guess he was all shades of amazing. its really the little things in life that matter be happy and make people around you happy as well cos no one really knows 🙁 RIP Peter Bello to be absent in the body is to be present with the Lord

11. Suwa

August 18, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Kai death! Rest in peace PKB.

12. i don't know him

August 18, 2015 at 9:03 pm

but my heart bleeds by the pictures and the words from gentle souls….RIP

13. ITK is back!

August 18, 2015 at 9:17 pm

RIP Peter!! Praying for your family.

I am sorry but I have to call some people out!!!
    Now lets peep game. its sad that some people are capitalizing on his death. HAVE SOME DIGNITY PEOPLE!!

Debola Lagos – you claimed not to know the late Peter in your tribute. all of a sudden you are front & center giving a eulogy. #lobatan

Lamide – I am not calling u out, but I would have preferred if you kept a low profile this weekend. how is it that u were popping champs with Audu Makori and next day u are in all black mourning.

Like I always, these our nigerian celebs DO NOT KNOW how to turn down an invitation. if you must be an #owambe, pls keep a low profile at the faaji events whilst in mourning state.

BN – not sure why you felt the need to splash pics of the memorial service online sef. like can you just allow his mourning to be treated as a private matter. Geez, the humble Late Peter was not a thirsty & fame hungry soul. so please treat him with dignity & respect. 5 pictures of the event would have been classy and proper. p[ease don’t use his death as #clickbait

• Busarni

August 18, 2015 at 10:12 pm

ITK jus zip it there; where and when did debola say he never knew petbelly. Stop mistaking Chude for debola; all manner of human being typing nonsense in the struggle to be relevant….

• tolu

August 19, 2015 at 1:19 pm

SO YOU STILL HAVE PLENTY TIME TO BE REPLYING PEOPLE . ITS AN OPINION VOICED THOUGH. DO TAKE A CHILL PILL AS WELL !!! MAY HIS SOUL AND THAT OF THE OTHER 5 PEOPLE R.I.P!!!

• bunmi

August 18, 2015 at 10:31 pm

And. U re…..pls

• Abk

August 19, 2015 at 1:00 pm

ITK, I get what you’re saying. In as much as I don’t want to agree. You’re somewhat right, although your delivery is too blunt. However, let’s not start chaos on this post, please. Let’s leave that for another day.

RIP, I don’t know him but from what people have said about him, he surely was an angel. May God give your family the grace and strength to come to terms with this situation, and bear the loss.

God bless you all.

• myob

August 19, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Am sure you know them personally in all honesty mind your business the fact that a sad events happened does not mean he can’t attend somebody birthday did u think maybe he has been indebted to that individual celebrating in question most times there are few occasions you can’t avoid but just go with it and also go and ask the dolapo why she was so radiant on her wedding day instead of mourning her father in law. Please i would rather we celebrate Peter Bello than cry at the young age of 26 he was able to figure out what he loved doing and turned his passion into money. Even it is written in the bible weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning the memory his friends would have of him is beyond sorrow rather joy to know they met a very reliable friend and you don’t even know the vacuum he left that he will always be remembered for instance i trust peter he would have bought cake for my birthday or is it ebuka that he would have done his wedding shoot but no amount of sorrow can bring back a person rather the effects is the vacuum and footprints they left behind it takes years to heal not even after popping champagne he may be grieving so if you are not lamide who are you to question why he is popping champagne just simply mind your business.

• Mrs. T

August 19, 2015 at 2:20 pm

Myob,
      Please learn how to punctuate. It was such a task reading what you typed. I’m sure you were taught the importance of punctuation marks in middle school, as well as high school.

RIP Peter Bello. May God grant be with the people you left behind in Jesus’ Name, Amem.

• Frosh

August 19, 2015 at 3:13 pm

I thought I was the only one that felt this way, everything has become a popularity contest nowadays, ha ahnnnn, it’s now like who can give the best eulogy for him, who can sting together the most soul steering words, who can show the world that “I knew him the mostest” pls pls pls, it is a very sad thing and I feel for the family but this is becoming too much, allow them to mourn in private and remember their brother and son privately please, enough of the public show, others were lost in that crash and they are mourning as well, we should respect that and pray for God to comfort and heal the hearts of the ones who TRUELY loved him and not use it as another opportunity to clinch likes and gather followers!! Jeez!

• ITK hotness

August 20, 2015 at 2:20 am

Lmao! Apparently, it seems like the debola dude is friends with all hmm just saying cuz he’s everywhere too..just my .2cents

14. Idomagirl

August 18, 2015 at 9:38 pm

May he RIP 🙁

15. Puhleeeesseeee

August 18, 2015 at 9:39 pm

ITK pleassseeeeeeee take several seats. Let wisdom guide ur actions #restinpeacepkb

16. myql

August 19, 2015 at 8:00 am

RIP bro. though i knew you not but i love you like Christ loved the church.

• Tari

August 19, 2015 at 5:37 pm

You certainly have no clue about what you just typed.

17. Julie

August 19, 2015 at 8:28 am

RIP

18. hmmmmmm

August 19, 2015 at 10:51 am

hmmmm, peopleeeee. @ myql, you can not even love your very self like Christ loves the church. RIP PKB

19. lola

August 19, 2015 at 11:23 am

Continue to rest in the bossom of the Lord.

20. Anna

August 19, 2015 at 11:31 am

RIP to Peter Bello.
    What of the other 5 people who died? Is this sort of memorial also being organised for them?
    Anyone even find out how their families are doing?
    I’m not taking away from what is being done for Peter, but let’s remember that 5 other people also died that same day.

• Abk

August 19, 2015 at 1:03 pm

This memorial was done by the deceased family and friends. Sure, other people died and may they rest in peace. This memorial was done by the deceased family. I think the reason why it’s more public is due to the fact that majority of the deceased friends are in the public eye.

• Tunmi

August 21, 2015 at 1:01 am

You said it a lot nicer than I would have

21. Ibinabo

August 19, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Life’s sense of humor is such a twist… He became popular in death.. RIP Peter, may your memories bring comfort to your loved ones.

• chukwukadibia

August 19, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Did he have a girlfriend?? I don’t want to imagine how she feels about all this.

22. rynyx

August 19, 2015 at 1:02 pm

@anna, from the look of all of this, this guy obviously had a massive impact on people and it those people who have come together to do all of this. yes, we mourn with the other families but who are you asking to find out how their families are doing? bellanaija or the rest of us? please help us reach out to the others and bring an update.

23. adelegirl

August 19, 2015 at 1:33 pm

So obvious he lived a life of purpose even though he’s only 26! How remarkable that someone relatively young has made such an impact in such a short time. May his soul rest in peace and may the good Lord comfort all those left behind to bear the real pain of losing him.

Really saddens me when good people die young and so tragically too. Sometimes, I feel like if there was any justice in the world, tragic deaths will be reserved for only evil people whilst good people will die only peaceful deaths…

24. Christiana

August 19, 2015 at 2:02 pm

People mourn in different ways stop judging. Peter touched our lives in death. I never knew him in person but all the tributes written as shown his peaceful nature. #Worry about what people will say about you after you are gone.

25. Adaeze Writes

August 19, 2015 at 4:20 pm

May his gentle soul rest in God’s peace. Amen.

26. calabargirl

August 20, 2015 at 2:14 am

I’m sorry but I’m going to have to agree with ITK here. It all seems so commercialised, publicised, and reminiscent of a popularity show. No mention is made of the family represented by his sister Ajoke (who is planning her wedding coincidentally same day as my brother’s in Calabar) there present. I don’t know but this feels uncomfortable as if it were another wedding or lifestyle event. His numerous childhood friends whom he grew up with in Calabar are saying the least as thy truly mourn Peter. Lets learn to respect death and the dead. My heartfelt sympathies to the family. Cannot and do not want to imagine what aunty Thelma and Uncle PKB Snr are going through. 🙁

27. Psychic

August 20, 2015 at 8:37 am

i have cried much for this guy i don’t even know.You are in a better place Peter,May ur soul rest in peace in Jesus name.

28. Truth

August 20, 2015 at 12:51 pm

RIP to all who perished at that ill fated helicopter crash ….my condolences to their loved ones .
    Takes Deep Breath **** Every single day is a gift from GOD , more so an opportunity to Repent , Only the living can repent . As for the those having issues with the celebrity/event like status of memorial service ..please , even celebrities have the right to mourn , apparently this late young man had plenty celebrity friends ..cant blame them for “Turning Up”..trust me , life goes on and in a years time very few will remember .
    lets remind ourselves of the core truth here , death is inevitable …nobody lives forever whether celebrity or not ..the sure thing is where will be spending eternity and what legacy are you living behind …enough said

29. Heidi

August 31, 2015 at 2:04 am

My heart felt condolences goes to the family of the deseased, and to us alive, let’s keep hoping and pray, that we live a worthy and good legacy wHen we are no more, May the humble soul of Peter Bello rest in the bossom of or lord Amen