News

#RIPPeterBello – Adebola Williams pays Tribute to the Late Pilot

BellaNaija.com

peter-bello-home-abroad-IMG_2304We do not have a photo together, no memories of trips together but you left a meeting of a life time. I am broken by the news of your death, heavily so that I begin to wonder maybe I should never have responded to that message, well I didn’t at first. So maybe I should never have offered you that drink (I mean I didn’t think much of it, just extending courtesy to Ebuka’s friend) so you wouldn’t have sent me a thank you message, then I wouldn’t have had to respond, so you wouldn’t have come to deceive me with your friendship
Not in a very long time have I met a 26 year old that impressed me this much, quite accomplished but so humble, so kind, so meek, gentle yet so aware and smart and fun and genuine and fearless. In a few weeks you have shared so much of yourself, jumping the queues of many to be a favorite, shared of your aspirations and we would talk through and plan them out, I would ask what you want and you would say pray for me. Maybe I should have prayed more….

You were going to go for your next development course but was worried if you showed interest how they might send you and make you miss your sister’s wedding in September, or Ebuka’s wedding in October or your friend who will have your head if you don’t make the wedding in November. So you would rather delay that progress for three months to be there for these people. That’s who he was. He gave so much and always quick to reject favors. Always quick to tell me you didn’t have to bother. Now I wish I did more, but I didn’t even know what to do for you. I am glad to have done what I could. I remember your message to me accusing me of always feeling like an Angel when I offered to help with your dads present. Peter it was what you gave you got back; I mirrored you to you.
I have ordered your fathers pen with his name engraved as you requested, it will be delivered next week and I will ensure it gets to him as I pay my respects to you.

I think of your last moments and I know you would have first been concerned about the passengers but I also wonder what it’s was like grappling for your life, seeing death in front of you, being stuck in the tight cockpit of a helicopter struggling to remove the seat belt. Will you have that signature smile on your face as you finally let go?
I didn’t think it was you that deserved to lay lifeless in a polythene bag but the Lord has asked me, “who are my to determine when and how?”

I am beginning to accept that the world doesn’t deserve you, God only sent you to show us what he would like us to be and snatched you quickly before this world messes your kind soul. You have gone to the rightful place with the father; Heaven is where you belong.
Rest well Champion!

I can’t begin to imagine what Olamide Adedeji feels, Ebuka Obi Uchendu, Noble Igwe who you always revered and said to me gave you your first job, and many more who have all kind things to say of you.
Oh your mother and father you spoke of so highly, they were your ultimate role models. I am glad I encouraged you to take them to dinner on their last trip, you almost missed it but somehow you did and they loved it. Your sisters you spoke of often with so much pride, Ajoke and others
Time can’t heal this wound but God will touch everyone of them with peace and release succor around them in love.
You are a Champion for life and I wish the world knew you while you were alive. I do hope that everyone of us will take a little lesson from your life and live more purposefully, being truly kind and sharing genuinely wanting nothing back.

We love you Champ!

Odigbere, odoju ala, odi ari na ko.

Omo oko, okurin meta, Peter K. Bello II .

Sun re!

1. mary

August 15, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Wow, this is so touching, i couldn’t hold back the tears. i do not know him and never heard about him, but i have read a lot of tributes on IG, and everyone had wonderful words for this young soul who left too soon. Rest on Mr. peter, Heaven is where you belong, may the Angels receive you. i pray for the souls of all who died in that crash. God grant them eternal rest in your Bosom and grant their families the strength they all need at this difficult time.

• Seriously

August 15, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Gosh, I don’t get emotional like that but reading all these tribute about peter bello got me crying hard. It shows the kind of man he was for people to not just write R.I.P but write an epistle to describe this rare gem.
      God, I never understand why you do certain things, it’s beyond human comprehension. I pray, you comfort his family and close friends at this point in time. And peter Bello, you have left a legacy that’s worth emulating and may you rest peacefully. Death knows nobody and it happens unexpectedly.

• S!

August 16, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Exactly. Everyone has says something nice about him. And I got me thinking if I died today, what would ppl say about me?

2. Mimi May

August 15, 2015 at 5:23 pm

So sad… what an untimely death at a youthful age. Oh… I can feel the pains of the immediate family. Good night Peter Bello. May our good Lord comfort the family. RIP PB

3. Meggi

August 15, 2015 at 5:26 pm

So touching. RIP Peter Bello

4. Joseline

August 15, 2015 at 5:27 pm

What does he mean by ‘queue of many’? Conceited much?

• triple o!

August 15, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Really?

• Hian!

August 15, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Idiot, did you have to comment? That’s all you saw in the entire article? Dodoyo

• Pretenseslayer

August 16, 2015 at 4:30 pm

@ Joseline thanks. Nauseatingly conceited. What manner of self-promoting tribute is this?I,I,I I did this for him,I asked him to do that and I will do this for his father. Wtf! Can people genuinely help others without seeking an audience? This is what is supposed to be a tribute? You want to write a tribute for a young man whose death has left many people in great pain and you are busy promoting yourself? Narcissism is a deadly plague.
      May the family and friends of Peter be comforted by God. You are all in our prayers.

5. Blackbeauty

August 15, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Oh, I have learnt from him. By God’s grace to be genuinely nice, selfless, easy going, look out for others, live life to the fullest, serve my Maker faithfully and pursue my dreams fearlessly. I regret that we didn’t have a bond even though we share deeper ties. I am proud of you and all you accomplished. Rest on Junior, your stay on this earth was certainly brief but you will NEVER be forgotten.

6. Aisha

August 15, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Rip peter bello. Can’t stop thinking about u and how short life is. Life is indeed empty and short. Live and make an impact to people’s lifes. Let’s all be remembered for something when we are gone… just don’t want to imagine what your last moments must have been like. Rest well my friend.

7. tish

August 15, 2015 at 5:41 pm

Sigh! This guy’s death has touched me so much and I didn’t even know him. So young and full of life. Everyone has something good to say about him. So sad indeed.
    He seems to have lived the lifetime of a 60 year old within his short time on earth. Hmmm how will his family feel? Kai. His friends are really broken. The tributes that have been pouring in, so heartfelt and touching.
    I pray they look up to the only one that can truly give succor, JESUS. This life is so fleeting sha, make your days count.

8. happygogirl!

August 15, 2015 at 5:59 pm

Na wa oo! Can they all stop talking about this guy already? Am getting too heartbroken, it feels like I know him, and u can actually see dt he was a good soul from all d writeups this so so sad.

9. So sad!!

August 15, 2015 at 6:08 pm

May Your gentle soul rest in Peace!! AMEN

10. yellow sisi

August 15, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Who knows tomorrow? RIP!

11. tn

August 15, 2015 at 7:14 pm

I don’t even know him but his death has been on my mind all day, to think we were so close to each other but never met. I wish I had met him, I pray God comforts his lovely family. Rest well Peter.

12. LadyTee

August 15, 2015 at 7:32 pm

This is heartbreaking. This tribute has motivated me to cherish the momemnts i have with my friends.

13. Kanyinsola

August 15, 2015 at 7:36 pm

I dont know this guy buh d fings ve read rilli touched me…ve learnt so much readin d tributes…he pushed hs fweends n conrtibuted 2 d success of deir drims .he has shown dat i ve no excuse at my age nt 2 be great or impact d lives of people…he has impacted my life even as a stranger…i pray dat God gives ur family and friends d grace to bear d loss…

• Jo!

August 16, 2015 at 2:48 am

If you can type “fweends” you can effing type “friends” for f*cks* sake!

• Fifi

August 16, 2015 at 8:09 am

Honestly very annoying “rilli” as well and is fings anyway this boy’s death really affected me, when young and vibrant people die i just cant stop being sad, may God comfort all those who are mourning Amen

14. Delta geh

August 15, 2015 at 7:48 pm

If you look at all the tributes about this guy you will see that what they are saying about him is genuine. There is common theme of kindness. May God give his family and friends the fortitude.

15. ME

August 15, 2015 at 8:21 pm

PETER BELLO!!!

I feel so bad that you’re gone so soon even though i did not know you before your death.
    Just reading the comments YOUR FRIENDS have been posting makes me realize how wonderful you were. However, i wonder why GOD had to take you away from your loved ones.

It is a wicked world, but i feel GOD should keep more GOOD people ON EARTH because it is really difficult to find someone who sincerely care for people around them.

You are the kind of friend i would like to have here on earth, but unfortunately, i have to keep looking for that friend.

Many times i have asked GOD to take my OWN LIFE because i do not see what i am living for. However, who am i to question GOD?? the I AM. THE GOD OF ABRAHAM ISAAC AND JACOB. HE SENT HIS SON JESUS CHRIST TO DIE FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF OUR SINS.- HE IS MIGHTY!!!

My PRAYER is that you are now with HIM. REST IN PEACE!!!

16. lover of God

August 15, 2015 at 8:30 pm

I read this. Tribute…and didn’t know I Wass in tears till I finished. may you rest in peace peter. Tributes about you from your friends have inspired me to be a better person. Thank you. *still in tears*. May God grant your family and friends strength.

17. ATL's finest

August 15, 2015 at 8:37 pm

wow RIP young man. I don’t know him or ever heard of him but all the great impact he left touching lives while he was on earth is enough to wish him well. Heaven is your by God’s grace and heaven just received an Angel.

18. esther

August 15, 2015 at 9:37 pm

am full of tears. thou we ought to live a life emullating

19. Suwa

August 15, 2015 at 10:55 pm

For the God on the mountain, is still God in the valley. When things go wrong he’ll make them right, and the God of the good times is still God in the bad times. The God of the day is still God in the night. Rest in peace Peter Kayode Bello.

20. Tlop

August 15, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Dear father pls receive this soul with Ur great arms..He’s truly a rare gem. It’s so heart breaking ….. comfort his family, wipe their tears, speak to them personally, visit them, cause Ur light to shine upon them, affliction must nt rise again in their family… (Amen!) and to us here …Make us to always be conscious of heaven , may i and my househould be saved by Ur grace… Amen

21. Idomagirl

August 16, 2015 at 2:22 am

Chei. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

22. lekk

August 16, 2015 at 2:30 am

RIP BRO!!!

23. lola

August 16, 2015 at 10:28 am

RIP bro

24. OnPoint

August 16, 2015 at 10:49 am

There’s Life hereafter. Good works without Jesus is a waste. May God grant all who knew him comfort

25. viv

August 16, 2015 at 12:55 pm

God gives and He takes… sun ré

26. Nkoyo

August 16, 2015 at 5:53 pm

May your kind soul rest in peace……

27. genie

August 16, 2015 at 7:05 pm

cannot remb anytime i cried for someone i did’nt know. I remb reading about d accident and found myself praying to God dat he’ll b found safe. I feel so sad and cannot imagine wot hls family would be feeling. Some of us were nt fortunate to meet u in dis lifetime, rest in peace angel..

28. Abby

August 16, 2015 at 7:14 pm

I didn’t know Peter personally but I Knew his sisters and his death hit home for me. I thought about his death and it dawned on me that it could have been me especially as we are the same age! It leaves me to think what life or legacy I want to live behind. We worry so much about so many things. Marriage, children, finance, career, and the whole 9 yards. Dont get me wrong if one is able to achieve these things in their life time all well and good but this situation is giving me a rethink in my life. I am coming to terms with the fact if somethings don’t happen before I leave this earth, I am going to be okay. I am going to be content., my life will be fine. This has just made me want to live my life to the fullest, enjoy everyday and the people in my life and not worry my head sick about the future or what will be or what won’t be. Life is too short. RIP Peter, may your soul dance with the angels in heaven, Amen.

29. E.

August 16, 2015 at 10:47 pm

We are, and then we are not. Like the blowing out of a candle, or like the closing of a door. We go to sleep so that we may wake up in the morning. If we did not sleep, we will never know the joy of waking up, and if we did not die, we will never live eternally, Heaven has gained an angel… Rest in peace Peter.

30. Tee

August 16, 2015 at 11:25 pm

I’ve read so much about Peter a Bello…I never knew him nor met him. But from the words his friends have written about him there is an underlying theme of a selfless person. He just seems to be an exceptionally nice person. But one thing I got from their tributes is that he lived! He lived life! Engineer, Photographer, Pilot and more…he lived life! As I type this on this Sunday night, I can’t help but think he lay on his bed last week, planning out his week as we all do on Sunday’s, mapping out his goals only for him to be gone by Wednesday. Someone on IG posted a text conversation they had at 11.00am on that fateful day…it was a lighthearted convo that ended with him thanking the person for checking on him…what followed was his friend checking on him to see if he knew about the crash…it never delivered. It’s just heartbreaking, so young…so sad. I feel for his parents, his siblings, his friends who will truly miss him. It hurts me to my core when I hear a young person passes….this hurts.
    Rest in the lord Peter Kayode Bello Jnr….Your life was very short but you were blessed. Your story has inspired me to let go of my fears and doubts and truly LIVE.

31. RIP Peter

August 17, 2015 at 10:30 am

I didn’t know you, but seeing all the tributes pouring out for you made me cry so hard inside. I was in church yesterday and I kept wishing I could pray so hard to God and he would make you wake up so your loved ones won’t have to live without you. I thought about you so much that I had a dream about what my mind thought your last moments were like on that helicopter. We are age mates, and I feel so touched because I have read so much about how much you have achieved and how many lives you seem to have touched in your short stay here on earth and I think you are now in a better place. People who sound as good as your friends have said you are do not have to be in this wicked world for too long. I pray the lord accepts your soul and those of others who died in that crash, I also hope the faithful departed of the world would rest in peace. Eternal rest grant unto Peter Bello oh lord, and let your perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

32. H.A.W

August 17, 2015 at 11:01 am

RIP Peter!!!

haworrey.wordpress.com/2015/08/17/the-peter-bello-effect/

33. The Lady

August 17, 2015 at 8:42 pm

RIP Peter!
    If all of what your friends/family have said is true, Then I am convinced you are where sent to this world to be a shining star – to teach us (those who knew you on earth & the rest of us who now know you in your after life) about humility, selflessness and genuine love for our neighbour. It is not an easy task but in your short life span you’ve shown it is possible, for this I am certain you are BETTER PLACE smiling and preparing the way for all those you loved & loved you in return.
    Father Lord give strength to his family and his friends during this time. For You alone know BEST!
    Continue to Rest In Peace.

34. Mimi

August 18, 2015 at 11:57 am

RIP Darling! The pain is just too much to bear. I’m consoled that i’ll see you again on the resurrection morning. God be with you till we meet again. I love you.

35. Adaeze

August 18, 2015 at 5:38 pm

@ Pretenseslayer and @ Joseline, thank you!