Scoop

That’s a Huge Rock! Tonto Dikeh-Churchill Shows off her Wedding Ring

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Tonto DikehTonto Dikeh-Churchill is still in euphoria.

The newly married actress showed off her wedding ring on Instagram a few minutes ago, stating that she had to wait a while for the ring to come but that it was worth the wait.

She wrote ‘Had to wait a while for my Ring to come but when it came, it was the best any girl could wish for. I love my husband so much.#ThePatientDogGetsTheFattestBone #CanaryYellowFromAustralia #Weddingband #MrsX #MrsChurchill #LUCKY AM IN LOVE WITH MY BEST FRIEND’.

See more photos of the ring below.

1 2 3 4 5 6

1. Femfem

August 21, 2015 at 11:04 am

I do not understand this engagement ring, it looks like something I would get from primark

• Sjaneviel from Suriname

August 21, 2015 at 11:38 am

Hahahahahahaha primark………it looks like a candy

• Erika

August 21, 2015 at 11:57 am

lol, chei you just finished her.

• Yellow Cocaine

August 21, 2015 at 2:20 pm

lol!!! Girl!!!! i thought it was a costume ring…

• Fissy

August 21, 2015 at 2:33 pm

It looks like baba Dudu sweet

• Damilola's

August 21, 2015 at 6:56 pm

She’s been silly. I think she’s trying to prove she got the biggest rock. I doubt that the ring he gave her.

• Kaeto

August 22, 2015 at 3:43 am

We know that ring isn’t a diamond because canary yellow diamond is a diamond- she stated it is from austrialia to show you the extent of the brag ( someone that likes to brag or show off screams, shouts when they have diamonds) and Tonto has shown us she likes to show off and brag. Wedding bands are important and the real Stones are the best because it last forever until death do us part. Getting married with all the emotions can be sentimental, is this what you want to add meaning to a common plastic. You chose to show (we judge, that’s the game).

• Aisha

August 30, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Because you know nothing about rocks ?

• mee

September 7, 2015 at 7:37 pm

LMFAO primark

2. thatafricanchic

August 21, 2015 at 11:11 am

As much as I am happy for her, I think that is a cheap looking ring. And while do we fixate so much on the type of ring? Who really cares? I know I dont. I dont mind even wearing a string of cloth on my finger to signify my love/commitment to my partner. There are more meaningful things than the ring (IMO)

3. Bisi

August 21, 2015 at 11:14 am

Seems like she bought herself the Ring.. lolz
    dnt mind me Peoples im just having a laugh

Congratulations Poko

4. vien

August 21, 2015 at 11:16 am

okkkkkkkkkk

5. kk

August 21, 2015 at 11:17 am

**sips tea**

6. Marie Antoinette

August 21, 2015 at 11:18 am

Nice!
    That’s the biggest Cubic Zirconia engagement ring I have seen…

• fleur

August 21, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Was just going to post “Citrine or quartz things”

• Hatsoff

August 22, 2015 at 1:17 am

Errrrr…. Looks like Citrine to me!!
      *Geologist*
      #Okbye

• step77

August 22, 2015 at 5:57 am

LOL mr Geologist. You do know that Citrine is quartz – go learn your minerals.

7. Psychic

August 21, 2015 at 11:19 am

i don’t care if its fine oo or if it even makes sense but my ring must make my hand hurt,says Mrs somebody,i can’t awww over this cos it aint cute. HML still,please stay married 2.

8. Alert!

August 21, 2015 at 11:21 am

Wow Wow Wow!!! Its a really huge one. I bet all the critics and bad belle would begin to criticize! Tonto looks happy and I cant help but to be happy for her. You go girl!

9. ChiChiChilolo

August 21, 2015 at 11:22 am

Wao! What a wedding ring. Happy Married Life Tonto Churchill.

10. Psychic

August 21, 2015 at 11:22 am

i have something similar,very expensive o,bought N2500 from accessories ko,accessories ni heheheheheh #runs away

11. loveth

August 21, 2015 at 11:24 am

This is beautiful…….Congrats woman.

12. taiwo

August 21, 2015 at 11:27 am

looks like a toy ring…. doesn’t look classy in my opinion … too big .. just saying

13. bruno

August 21, 2015 at 11:28 am

this mr x has very poor taste. what kind of cheap looking, big for nothing, ugly ring is this?

patient dog eats the fattest bone, REALLY?

this marriage is going to end in divorce, mark my words.

• mywifeisfiiiiiiine

August 21, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Shut up Sicko. Stop infecting people with your dirty heart and mouth; nothing good comes out of it.

• Busarni

August 21, 2015 at 5:58 pm

@mywifeisfiiiine; Lol; where is your sense of humor na. BRUNO is our comic relief on BN; nobody takes him serious.

• Nma

August 21, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Bursani, nothing like sense of humor here. I mean, that’s a ridiculous thing to say. Comic what? Hell no! What till someone says that to you or a family memeber, take it as sense of humor and comic relief. He/she is going overboard with being stupid and unreasonable. Sick of seeing Bruno’s comments. Not everyday act like a cretin, at times, just say something reasonable. I’m over his/her “character”.

• Chichi

August 21, 2015 at 8:02 pm

“This marriage is going to end in divorce”. God forbid! You this cretin, who are you to say that? The bitterness and horrible things you wish people, will be present permanently in YOUR OWN life. Your life must be horribly sad and bitter, that’s why you never have anything nice to say. Bruno, you’re just a waste, and a mess. Your comments annoy almost everyone on this blog. Kmt! Useless human being.

• TrueTalk

August 24, 2015 at 10:20 am

Chichi- A millions AMEN to that. What a wicked heart this man have.

• Ada Ada

August 22, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Why? That’s not nice. How would you feel when people say such mean things about you? She’s a celebrity (or just a regular actress) but she’s human. Have a heart.

• bb

August 23, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Are u married! Sabinus

14. Hashva

August 21, 2015 at 11:34 am

I m kinda confused, is tonto married? I thought it was introduction they went for or am I missing something here? Thought being married starts with the trad wedding (for us Africans) then court and white wedding or nikka if u Muslim. Or maybe I’ old school. Oh well what’s my own self? HMl Poko

• I love Shea butter

August 21, 2015 at 12:09 pm

You’re not old school. The same thing applys to me, as if you read my mind. Congrats to her!

• Olive

August 21, 2015 at 12:21 pm

My thoughts exactly!

• fleur

August 21, 2015 at 5:38 pm

That wan “consign” you. Its in the mind of the person wey dey affected. Its all relative. If dem no dey marry before, to do introduction na elevation.

15. Andrew

August 21, 2015 at 11:44 am

ZIrconia of life..My goodness

16. t girl

August 21, 2015 at 11:44 am

Looks like something I would buy from asos

17. Bee

August 21, 2015 at 11:54 am

Whether it is ugly or fine or cheap or expensive, she says she is excited and whatever the ring means to her is for her. If you can’t say something nice about someone’s supposed happiness, kip kwayet.

Negativity must not always rock or entire being.

18. Beefer

August 21, 2015 at 11:58 am

Seen.

With the rock looking so big (and cheap) where will the wedding ring now go? On her pinky?

19. NaijaPikin

August 21, 2015 at 12:03 pm

One of those moments were bigger is not always better.

Would love to hear her chat about the 5 c’s of this ring. Lol

20. eyeroll

August 21, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Bella naija y’all are fake to the godsss knowing fully well that’s a cubic zirconia what’s the huge rock headline for.

21. Amh

August 21, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Thats cubic zirconia. The polo babe ring is canary yellow diamond. This is zirconia. Australia is known for its rare arygle pink diamonds and brown diamonds.

• adeola

August 22, 2015 at 9:02 am

Yellow diamond kwaa you must be one of her ass kissers the thing that has faded on her hand it’s a cubic zirconia pls.

22. p

August 21, 2015 at 12:34 pm

to be honest with you, that ring is out of place, all this Nigerian mentality “the bigger the better” i’m happy for her but i think that ring is just a NO NO!! just by looking at the ring you would think is something you bought for decoration…. please get her something descent that suits the occasion. nawah oh!!!

• Anon2

August 21, 2015 at 3:35 pm

The bigger the better is not a Nigerian mentality!

23. Whyna

August 21, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Chei! Human beings! Na wa!!!!! What you wish or say of others will always come to you!

24. paloma

August 21, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Well d ring looks like a fashion ring anyway it’s her choice!

25. sammie

August 21, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Happy that she has found love and seems very happy but the size of that ring makes it look like a toy candy ring….but if she says it’s a diamond then diamond it is…..

26. Rude gal

August 21, 2015 at 12:52 pm

It’s not about the quality of the ring. it’s about having a quality marriage life.

27. Manb4real

August 21, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Congrats girl, wish u a happy married life.

28. Bella

August 21, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Not to burst her bubble or whatever but we live in world that is ruled by Fakery. If she likes the ring good for her, but personally I would have preferred a ring that looked more of a natural diamond with its glow than what she got. I also googled the ring type as I was not sure of what it was meant to look like, I can safely say that the images on Google look way better than the one she has on and if I may add, the stones are way smaller than her, so what ever rocks your boat Tonto, but for me personally, its a No.

29. Suwa

August 21, 2015 at 1:13 pm

Tonto biko stop showing yourself too much on social media o! Bad belle are plenty. Nice ring sha

30. The girl who flies planes

August 21, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Okay from a fine jewellery buyer’s perspective:
    This gemstone is citrine. It is a semi-precious one. It is not expensive, that’s why he can afford to buy a very big size and it is a very common stone.
    It also does look like an orangey cubic zircona too.
    It is definitely not a yellow diamond, because those are too expensive!

31. Ibinabo

August 21, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Congrats Nne.

32. Fifi

August 21, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Lol this ring is really a ring,anyway shes the same person who one time declared she got expensive jewelery from her bobo, meanwhile the set was from swarovski so please people have mercy on her

33. Dara

August 21, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Can Tonto stop being stewpid!
    There is no way what she is flashing is a diamond anyway.

It has got to be a cheap gemstones ( original gemstones are way cheaper than diamonds anyway) or she has got herself a colored glass.

Tonto, pls educate yourself before you publicly humiliate yourself now. Bellanaija is international na and i am not happy you be making all these our international friends confident in our reasoning abilities.

Pls am on my knees.

34. jay's girl

August 21, 2015 at 1:39 pm

tonto tinks shes on set! she should live in reality, you dont need these exposure.

• klicks

August 21, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Hahaha

35. mywifeisfiiiiiiine

August 21, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Mehn, why are you women like this. Doesn’t tonto deserve happiness. From her introduction, isn’t it glaring that they are not trying to impress anybody. How many of you girls did your father’s give your mums an expensive engagement ring? What is this world turning into, are you in her husband’s pocket, why so mean. Tonto please enjoy your union and put God first. Those of you that your husband’s gave 20k engagement ring we have heard, it is a cheap stone but it is her stone, and she is repping her husband for better for worse; i hope must of you can say the same for yourselves kmt.

• JustAGirl

August 21, 2015 at 3:38 pm

I bet you most of the spiteful comments here are from her fellow women…geez I can’t deal. The hate is real! I blame Tonto for having to show it to the world, really it should be nobody’s business what kind of ring she chooses to wear tho.
      So what if its not expensive? or what if its not diamond? does it have to be? Really, we are our own problem by the expectations we set for ourselves and others

36. I no send

August 21, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Haba..u guys are too hard on her it a lovely ring……mrs tonto pls can u take a break from instagram.many twitter marriages have collapsed because these couples somehow decided that they needed to prove to the world that they had the perfect relationship…i wouldn’t want to refer to my comment few yeras down the road…this insta -showoff is very juvenile.

• khamila

August 21, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Exactly.I also think she should do less of the social media thing for a bit.
      honestly tired of her consistent show-off jo.

37. Mrs ID

August 21, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Tonto!!! if you sure say that your ring na correct yellow diamond, abeg try smash am with correct stone, becos diamond no dey break or scatter ooooooo…………………………….no fprget post video for doubting Thomas like me biko, Anuofia.

38. Mrs ID

August 21, 2015 at 2:45 pm

*Forget*

39. Noms

August 21, 2015 at 2:48 pm

All the” bad-bellus”who claim not to care and yet do care enough to check the images of yellow canary and found out they where smaller. Did it occur to you that she might have ordered a bigger stone… oh it is too expensive and they can afford it..pocket reader..is it your money?
    If you cannot not be happy bad belle is allowed anyways…
    Tonto, please stay married to Mr X ooo and be happy cos we are the architect of our happiness.
    I never get ring whether fake or original sef and I hail the people who have.
    We all know that the size and cost of the ring doesn’t make a home but whatever makes you happy.

• Mrs ID

August 21, 2015 at 3:15 pm

As humans we are naturally curious, that is how we learn, you can choose to live your life believing whatever anyone tells you hook line and sinker, that is your own cup of garri, leave ppl that want to turn PI alone, if you don’t want to be caught in a lie then dont lie.
      Ti ogun eni ba da ni loju a fi n gbari ni, I dare Tonto to prove naysayers wrong and smash that ring with a brick and let’s see if it will smash into pieces or not.

40. Noms

August 21, 2015 at 2:48 pm

*they can’t afford”

41. Miss right

August 21, 2015 at 4:08 pm

Nigerians Nigerians Niger be happy for her ooo. una own too much criticism nor go kill una. big o small o ring na ring. happy for u girl.

42. lala

August 21, 2015 at 4:18 pm

This does not look like a canary yellow ring with carats.More like a Citrine gemstone ring. Authentic Canary yellow rings are usually not cut this large for commercial sale.But then again, it can be a canary yellow ring with no carats.

• mythbuster

August 23, 2015 at 1:17 pm

LOL – No such thing as a canary yellow ‘without’ carats. Diamonds are measured/weighed in carats ONLY.

43. NaijaPikin

August 21, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Please this is not about hating. She put up the ring on instagram and made it out to be something expensive “based on the description”.

Anyone who knows anything about jewelry, knows this is not a diamond. Also from a cost perspective, without getting into too much details, just google celebrities with huge rocks and see how much it costs. (usually over $1M bucks). Now lets be real, are we supposed to believe tonto/her man spent that much on a ring? gerrrarahere.

This IG be making pple lose their mind. The quest to show off and appear to be bigger babe/guy is truly backfiring. With people disgracing themselves left, right and center.

• fleur

August 21, 2015 at 5:43 pm

No be small. if that thing na canary diamond, we for don here when bobo drop change for the thing through Sotheby’s type news. Maybe na moissanite. Make I elevate small. Or manufactured diamonds – those are new on the market and the diamond manufacturers are going crazy over it because they are flawless and cheaper. DeBeers looking at science diminishing their returns. But Tonto, the setting kill the whole thing. Nobody will set that big a canary on that very cheap setting. Sorry.

• klicks

August 21, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Gbam

44. J

August 21, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Cocktail ring anyone? It was crass of her announcing its supposed origins. Classless too. If it’s the guy that does all those gaudy and gauche bling, bling stuffs, then it could be a canary yellow diamond just set uglily. Bigger doesn’t mean better.

45. sika

August 21, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Kai! Razzness is not good at all. What’s that on her finger? Sweetie..i hope you realise that isnt a diamond..just incase you think it is. Ew!

46. Ebere

August 21, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Awwwww, poor Tonto, when you put all your business out there, this is exactly what you get!!!!!!Try to keep your fake and original jewelries private. Guys please go easy on her…….

47. okwunauka

August 21, 2015 at 9:19 pm

But the ring is very fine shaaa oo. I love how it looks on her finger. Different strokes for different folks.

48. booboo

August 21, 2015 at 10:38 pm

All I know is that Jesus is coming soon… Give life a thought.

49. stoneman

August 21, 2015 at 10:56 pm

This girl is definitely off her rocker!

50. Timmy Tim

August 21, 2015 at 11:18 pm

who goes around with huge ring on her finger as a everyday band like seriously, wierdo!

51. adeola

August 22, 2015 at 9:07 am

52. viva

August 22, 2015 at 11:38 am

Wat a rain congrt

53. Mythbuster

August 22, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Who will tell Tonto that isn’t a diamond???? Canary Yelllow? I want some of what she is drinking. It’s potent as hell.

54. Yinda

August 22, 2015 at 9:33 pm

By the time area boys realize that the ring is fake she must have received unnecessary whooping from them.

55. Jo!

August 22, 2015 at 11:52 pm

Does anybody know where she does her nails though? Thanks in advance ????????

56. Jo!

August 22, 2015 at 11:53 pm

And seriously, where in her IG post did she mention “Diamond”?

57. ALert!

August 24, 2015 at 10:01 am

She didnt even mention diamond…and people are just hating on that, I had to read severally to find where she used the word diamond

58. Koffie

August 24, 2015 at 11:45 am

Not everyone is a to-die fan of diamonds sha. I for one would rather have my birthstone as my engagement ring. Maybe she’s one of those who chose their birthstone as the rock on their rings. November maybe? I’m a Virgo and if my future husband consults me before buying an engagement ring. we’d surely be getting a Sapphire ring or an emerald gemstone…
    Congratulations Tonto, I’m not a fan of something this huge but you obviously love it and that’s all that matters to Mr. X

59. Grace

September 5, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Having fun here.all the comment making me to laugh.
    Have a happy married life poko.

60. Preye

September 26, 2015 at 1:46 am

Bruno it is u dat bad luck will follow nd wen it seems like every tin is working out fyn for u suddenly it will jst crash. Wat u wish odas wish urslf