Style

The Centenary Queen! Queen Ubah Releases New Photos to Mark her Birthday

IMG_1421As Nigeria marked a 100 years, a beautiful young woman was crowned as the first ever Centenary Beauty Queen pageant and now holds a position as the ‘Centenary Queen’, a position she will hold for the next 100 years.

Marking her birthday today, 25-year-old Queen Ubah has released lovely new photos – taken by Sunmisola Olorunnisola – to celebrate her day.

According to her PR team, ‘She chose the floral theme because, just like a flower, she is beautiful both in and out. Flowers also represent hope, growth and new beginnings. As her journey as the Centenary Queen of Nigeria has just begun, she hopes to touch lives and leave a positive impact on anyone she comes in contact with.’

See the photos below.

IMG_1419 IMG_1415 IMG_1416 IMG_1417 IMG_1420

Credit:
Photography
: Sunmisola Olorunnisola
Make up: Tosin Opaleye

1. lad

August 8, 2015 at 11:35 am

But your write up though.

2. Feyi

August 8, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Choi,this Indian babe for unilorin don enter bella naija.

3. jennifer

August 8, 2015 at 1:40 pm

If she’s 25, then I’m Sharon Stone..

4. zeebaby

August 8, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Pretty. Babe ain’t 25 tho

• Kay

August 8, 2015 at 3:55 pm

She told you she wasn’t 25 ? SMH

5. Bee is me

August 8, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Forgive me but dis chick looks way older than 25. I know u’ll say the make-up but boy permit me to differ

• ginger

August 9, 2015 at 8:07 am

exactly wat i said…pple wld say it’s the make up bt forget that gist. she’s more than 25 jor

6. Lady bird

August 8, 2015 at 4:00 pm

I’m sorry but she looks 45 years old..perhaps the makeup ages her ?

• pris

August 8, 2015 at 4:44 pm

45? Say the truth and shame the devil. Hater! Like it’s strange for people to look older than their real age. Smh

7. me

August 8, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Haba! How can she be 25? U think we’re mumus? Plus, am I the only one who thinks that her knuckles are a tad bit darker than the rest of her skin tone?

• haterslayer

August 8, 2015 at 4:46 pm

So??

• Manny

August 8, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Abeg go and sit down. Which knuckles are darker? And knuckles can be darker without bleaching.

8. Suz

August 8, 2015 at 4:41 pm

25 nikan ko kmt

9. jay

August 8, 2015 at 4:50 pm

Looks older than her age but still pretty though

10. Omaluv

August 8, 2015 at 5:29 pm

She is beautiful.

11. nunulicious

August 8, 2015 at 6:02 pm

mbok,
    for me it’s not about her age but her colour and flower concept.
    Is this lady full Nigerian without any iota of foreign blood in her blood line? If yes, then I doff my cap to am. Regardless, I would have thought that the panel would have selected a dark skinned (preferably black like charcoal) beauty. Because lets face it, when the world hears about Nigeria, we the most populous “[black] African country” in the WORLD! I’d be confused if I were a foreigner and was introduced to his “white woman” from Nigeria.

Secondly, flowers kwa! hian. flowers? what has flowers got to do with our heritage? our economy? our identity? FLOWERS? I dare their PR team to tell us they selected these flowers from a bush in Kogi or Calabar or Ondo. I bet 10,000Naira that it was procured from some fancy english named business who IMPORTS foreign flowers.
    I don’t think they realise her platform is to promote our culture and our values. We are black and proud biko. promote us or step aside. Flowers. WTF?!
    But what do I know? I’m just an ordinary citizen.

• Tunmi

August 8, 2015 at 6:44 pm

I was expecting the same

12. Her

August 8, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Who did her make up?the mua didn’t “contour” her nose properly.i can see the concealer mark,I gues that’s what is making her look old.

13. Dalia

August 8, 2015 at 7:28 pm

She’s 25. I went to school with her.

14. nene

August 8, 2015 at 8:47 pm

she is actually 26

15. Desire

August 8, 2015 at 8:52 pm

she just turned 27 actually. . fact..

• NP

August 9, 2015 at 1:45 am

Nah. She was 28 last week

16. whatwillbewillbe

August 8, 2015 at 10:59 pm

Me, I saw a pretty light skinned young lady sha. She looks 25 to me, but what do I know?

17. Ola Brown

August 8, 2015 at 11:14 pm

I am sorry when did Nigeria marked 100 years? On a more serious note; Nigeria needs to stop making every girl beauty queen. I don’t even think that America has so much categories of beauty queen. Besides, if this was such an honorable title; why was the budget soon low, I think Boko Haram even has a larger budget. Queen or whatever your name is, I think it is very sad that were first victim of the rubbish. As a 25 years, you still have the opportunity to get it together. First step, go and read your book. I think I will rest my pen now.

18. uuuu

August 8, 2015 at 11:46 pm

She’s Nigerian, her dad is ibo mum’s Indian and yes she’s 25

19. Mrs oki

August 9, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Ola brown….permit me to direct this question to you on intelligence,
    If you read your ‘books’ well enough you would have known when Nigeria celebrated her 100th year centenary.
    Now for the queen…she is a very beautiful lady but her make up artist messed up things up. Happy birthday my dear!

20. Suwa

August 9, 2015 at 4:53 pm

She no even fine joore

21. Zuzu

August 10, 2015 at 8:13 pm

I watched the pageant it took place in bayelsa. This girl shouldn’t have won the first runner up roots odutola won it hands down but they didn’t give her the crown because she was not light skin. Oga o

22. meeeee

August 11, 2015 at 9:10 am

I bet u, there beta girls in remote villages to win dis so-called award dan dis girl. if she is dis ugly wit make up den she was neva a fyn girl to start wit. If only pageants can b stopd from using makeup , d deceits will reduce. she made her way to d top not by merit. And 25yrs????????? Dudes, I guess am 8 cos she is a yr older dan me bt looks lyk she can giv birth to me.