News

Pres. Buhari is Still Getting Used to Palatial Aso Villa | Says He Gets Lost Sometimes

BellaNaija.com

Buhari_in_Aso_RockFor many people, it always takes a while to adjust after moving into a new home. President Muhammadu Buhari is currently going through the same situation.

Despite the couple of months he has spent in Aso Villa, Buhari says he sometimes gets lost in his new home.

According to PM News, he revealed this during an interview in Paris.

“…the last time I was there [Aso Villa], I was in the barracks. This time I am in a palace. At times, I can’t find my way around. It is so big so much that it must be expensive to maintain. But it is there, it cannot be removed,” he said.

1. slay

September 17, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Abeg make we hear word joor, he is just forming modesty as if his house ( not the ones he declared as his assets oh) is not as big as the aso rock himself. MTCHEWWWWW…

• Ada Nnewi

September 17, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Hater!

• seesaw

September 17, 2015 at 4:12 pm

That word is tired and jaded just like U!.

• seesaw

September 17, 2015 at 4:13 pm

@Ada Nnewi, That word is tired and jaded just like U!.

• Seesaw

September 17, 2015 at 4:14 pm

@Ada Nnewi, That word is tired and jaded just like U! Mtscheeeeeeeeeeeew.

• nene+

September 18, 2015 at 8:24 am

Rhetorics!!!!
      This grannie whose daughter lives in houses in Surrey near Steven Gerald £ 3.5 million pounds, Frank Lampard £13.5 million , Wayne Rooney £ 11.3 Emile Heskey £1.65 million pounds , Jermain Defoe £ 4.5 million pounds Mikel Obi and all the first class footballers, keep deceiving the gullible Nigeria about modesty, poverty, mud houses, Aso rock too big, one million Naira balance, I can pay my rent repetitions ? Even if she rented it at what cost?
      Does the father not visit her and see that it’s the most expensive place in the UK reserved for busuals and back in Nigeria he is the poorest serving public officer bla bla bla bla
      Abeg spare me rhetorics jare!!!!!

• Nne

September 17, 2015 at 12:56 pm

It isn’t.

• betterhealth.com.ng

September 17, 2015 at 1:33 pm

@Slay, you look silly when you make comments online over something you know nothing about.. Hating doesn’t adorn you.

2. Jayboogie

September 17, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Buhari, you are over doing sha, it is a building, it wont decay ooooo , the white house is perhaps bigger and it has been there for years, if you like get missing in Aso villa na you sabi or should they get you a navigation map ? irrelevant gist .

• Beeeee

September 17, 2015 at 12:26 pm

lmao

• Fashionista

September 17, 2015 at 2:46 pm

You expertly conveyed my sentiments. Non-story

• Kili

September 17, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Honestly. He is beginning to irritate me. Aso Rock isn’t his personal house. If he feels it’s too big, he can as well use just a room. After his tenure he moves out, another person moves in and life continues.
      Aso Rock can’t possibly be the biggest in the whole world, can it ?
      What’s with the exaggerated modesty?
      Yes, he is modest and simple, but I’m beginning to think his mind is not capable of a lot of things. Parsimony isn’t enough to rule a country. He is steadying proving himself to not be any better than GEJ ( nobody should misunderstand this line as I don’t mean GEJ should have remained as the President of Nigeria)
      . Anyhow we are watching, 4 years is around the corner.

• Debbie Ade

September 17, 2015 at 8:39 pm

My thoughts exactly!

• S!

September 17, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Why can’t the public tour Aso Rock the same way people can tour the White House? I’ll love to enter!

3. Chima Amechi

September 17, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Hehehe! It’s normal…Shit does hapn u kno 🙂

4. betterhealth.com.ng

September 17, 2015 at 1:31 pm

It’s a matter of time and you will be use to it. It happened to the others before you too.

5. jess

September 17, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Maybe Aso Rock is a metaphor for being president? he sure acts like he is lost. Oga be done with this tourism and get down to work. Light may have improved but we have health, education, aviation, Argriculture to mention a few waiting. Appoint ministers because you cannot do it on your own.

• Lol

September 17, 2015 at 4:17 pm

Online literature professor.

6. Nawa

September 17, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Just know your bedroom, your wife’s bedroom, the kitchen & then your office. Dazall. Every other thing will sort itself out.

7. bettina

September 17, 2015 at 5:18 pm

I wish some few human nigerians will undastnd that, this is not ur style. Tomb’s up and weldone gen sir.

8. Drknite

September 17, 2015 at 7:21 pm

10 Years from now, someone will write a synopsis of his presidency in titled “He Gets Lost Sometimes”.

9. Anon

September 17, 2015 at 8:34 pm

…the last time I was there [Aso Villa], I was in the barracks.

Aso Villa in brackets is wrong. He was in Dodan Barracks now he’s in Aso Rock.

Times have changed. Enjoy. It was your frenemy IBB who built it.

10. mabel

September 17, 2015 at 11:03 pm

Buhari just work abeg. Every day I come to BN, there must be one irrelevant news from the presidency. Come this is September and I’m tired already. You talk too much haba. . More work less talk. A two time head of state should know that. Actions should speak louder than voice. Not everyday ‘this or that or complains. It is getting too much ojare. Just work. Quit whinning.#JustDoit

11. or

September 18, 2015 at 7:42 am

Could it be dementia?

12. green

September 18, 2015 at 2:01 pm

I mean if you dey loss for the villa, carry your things commot for there! nzuzu! Better people waiting to take over.