Music

Sam Smith Confirmed to Sing the Theme Song for Upcoming James Bond Film “Spectre”

Sam Smith

23-year-old Grammy-winning Sam Smith has just officially announced that he will be singing the theme song for the upcoming James Bond film “Spectre”!

The song is called ‘Writing’s on the Wall’.

He shared the exciting news on Instagram saying “This is one of the highlights of my career. I am honoured to finally announce that I will be singing the next Bond theme song. I am so excited to be a part of this iconic British legacy and join an incredible line up of some of my biggest musical inspirations. I hope you all enjoy the song as much as I enjoyed making it.”

It had been rumoured that Sam would be following in Adele‘s footsteps and singing the theme song but there was no confirmation and he shot down the rumours himself.

Do you think Sam Smith will do a good job with the theme song?

“Writing’s on the Wall” will be available for purchase on September 25 and is available for pre-order here.

1. aikay

September 8, 2015 at 10:14 am

He had better do it well oh, of all the artiste to choose from it is SAM because he is gay. This white pple will do anything to support these people. Yuk!!!!!!!!

• bruno aggressive

September 8, 2015 at 10:59 am

are u f**king stupid. what does his sexuality have to do with him singing the theme song of james bond. many of u are dumb as f**k

hasn’t sam smith proved him self as a very good vocalist and a amazing song writer. he won 4 grammy awards this year. his voice and vibe is well suited for the theme song of James bond.

oya mention who can sing better than him in the music industry today.

• Bandele

September 8, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Someone has just aired his ‘OWN’ opinion and you had to resort to profanity to offer a counter narrative. it speaks volumes of your attitude and ability to engage in an intelligible discuss. The man has a right to his opinion that’s all I’m saying.
      On the issue of Sam Smith, there is no denying the fact that the bloke is talented. But HIS SEXUALITY has also been maximally exploited (rightly or wrongly) to get him to where he is in the industry. He himself has exploited it several times going on about his sexuality, how his boyfriend broke his heart and how it led to him writing the songs. Besides, everyone knows there is new found soft spot for gays in the arts. So please don’t say his sexuality doesn’t have anything to do with it.

• Ojuigo

September 8, 2015 at 8:58 pm

I do not support gay marriage at all!! BUT Sam Smith is an amazing singer. The best male singer from our current generation in my honest opinion. The man has soul and depth. Yes he’s gay and if I saw him tomorrow I’ll tell him to his face that he’s on the wrong path. But please let’s not deny talent. His talent is incredible and i can’t wait to hear how much he’ll kill that theme song!!!
      Adele set the bar with “Skyfall” but I have a feeling Sam is going to bringggg ittttt!!!!

2. www.thelmathinks.com

September 8, 2015 at 10:18 am

Niiiiiice. It’s going to be awesome. Can’t wait.

3. Nosy bruno

September 8, 2015 at 11:11 am

.Bruno pls try and mind your business sometimes, he aired his opinion, your air yours too and stop being unnecessarily childish . You have turned BN bashing into a carrier. Get employed plsssss

4. bruno

September 8, 2015 at 11:12 am

” Do you think Sam Smith will do a good job with
    the theme song?”

of course, he will kill it. he may even win an oscar like adele.

who sings better than sam smith ? NOBODY.

sam smith sings better than many angels in heaven. thats a fact.

• Ojuigo

September 8, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Bruno….you’re usually full of air but for once….I COMPLETELY AGREEEEE!!! I’m so excited to hear Sam kill this thing. Like he’s my favorite male singer right now. No one stands up to SAM.

5. N. M.

September 8, 2015 at 11:27 am

I believe he will do a nice job.

6. Yue

September 8, 2015 at 11:54 am

Yes, I do. I believe. I adore Sam smith, he can never do me wrong. Who else can take on a solo with his. – in queen Bey’s voice : with his voice like butter? I LOVE YOU SMITH. Kill it!!

7. bn lover

September 8, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Y’all should stop coming for Bruno like that…[email protected] didn’t criticise,he condemned and stigmatised. What has ones sexuality gotten to do with the person’s capability??

8. Belinda

September 8, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Bandele, what is an “intelligible discuss”? And how does discussing an album’s inspiration mean Smith exploited his homosexuality? Did Adele exploit her heterosexuality when she repeatedly discussed the boyfriend who broke her heart? Who are you to judge?

Nosy Bruno, what is a carrier in this context? If Bruno should get employed, you should get educated.

Aikay, white people support gay rights because its wrong to condemn an individual based on his sexuality and not his character. You sound crazy especially since you and most people you know probably just fornicated or are planning to soon yet you’re here acting holy. When it was announced that Shirley Bassey, Tina Turner or Glady Knight were doing Bond theme songs, I’m sure bigots like you said, “Yuk, don’t let a ni**er do the song.”

9. slay

September 8, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Honestly bruno i think u need to stop and check yourself, the way you are going abt bashing and insulting people on BN site goes a long way to tell the kind of person you are and also your kind of upbringing. Just go back and read the first sentence you wrote and to think that you have the time to change ur name to bruno aggressive and type lenghty words of insult and aggression on a stranger really buttresses NOSY BRUNO’S point. The debate about homosexuality is a tough one dt if we start today BN will not rest cos both the FOR and AGAINST have valid points to argue. It is a new trend and like everything new and strange it must invoke some counter current from the people especially we Nigerians who are raised to detest it. I quite understand where Aikay is coming frm and i expect constructive critism not the childish display of profanity exhibited by bruno. You just need to grow up boy.

10. BlueEyed

September 8, 2015 at 6:45 pm

It is no question that he will be great in it (Oscar buzz worthy too) Bandele and Aikay, take your hate filled ignorance and go and cash it in the bank. Your type is not needed here