Scoop

Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi & Gospel Artist Florocka Debate Homosexuality in Nigeria on the Breakfast Club

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

BC-with-Bisi-Alimi

On the latest episode of DZRPT TV’s Breakfast Club, Nigerian gay rights activist Bisi Alimi, who was the first Nigerian to come out and declare his sexuality on national TV, and gospel artiste and “Twale” hitmaker Florocka go head to head in an intense debate over homosexuality and its acceptance.

Both guests defend their stand in relation to religion, human rights and government interference.

Watch the episode below.

1. L

October 27, 2015 at 9:38 pm

Whoop! I will be back to watch and before anyone jumps to conclude hear both sides out and pick the winner of the debate on the basis that the affirm and negate team stuck to the resolution and had evidence. After picking who won. Then you can add your feelings. Please be fair. This debate better not disappoint me.

2. Rosie

October 27, 2015 at 9:45 pm

This presenter lady is distracting me with her drinking and chewing jare.

• Rosie

October 27, 2015 at 9:53 pm

Could this be the interview Mr Bisi mentioned one time that there was power outage and it had to be delayed? Anyway, I pray for the lost souls out there, may you know the truth and may the truth set you free.

• Z

October 27, 2015 at 10:13 pm

I’m telling you. So annoying!

• Dotido

October 28, 2015 at 3:33 am

She was totally useless. All she did was introduce the topic, eat and drink whilst supposed to be working. Bisi knows his stuff, the others did no homework, they just spoke like they were gisting.

• BD

October 28, 2015 at 1:13 pm

what is wrong with you?
      the gorgeous gal did her thing well.
      you these Nigerians sef, you cant even appreciate anything.
      shame on you. Appreicate talent when you see it!

3. justin

October 27, 2015 at 10:18 pm

I tink Mr bisi or wateva his called is sick n needz dileverance from GOD,,,

• Nkechi

October 27, 2015 at 10:43 pm

Yes. Justin. You got it right. God is able to deliver him.

4. Z

October 27, 2015 at 10:26 pm

Why are the others not contributing

• Didi

October 28, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Because they might be guy as well. Especially the one by the right.

5. cutetammy

October 27, 2015 at 10:29 pm

FLO please stick to singing and leave debating.

6. Bummite

October 27, 2015 at 10:36 pm

The gay guy needs more education on technical issues.

7. Ngozi

October 27, 2015 at 10:48 pm

No one was born that way. God is the maker of all, it’s not that complicated. Sexuality is simple. What happened to the other guys though. They are not talking much.

8. bola

October 27, 2015 at 11:26 pm

This Bisi is sooooo misled and confused.

• Emeka

October 29, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Dear Bisi. The Apostles were first called Christians in Mark 11:26 because they were like Christ, that’s the foremost definition of Christianity. Jesus had been with the father so He came to show the way, He gave His own life and His blood was shed for the remission of sins. Therefore He himself could not have been a Christian unless He had another Christ ahead of Him. Please do your homework Bisi. God bless and Jesus loves you.

9. www.thelmathinks.com

October 27, 2015 at 11:39 pm

Don’t care much for the topic but this Florocka guy needs some lessons in basic English. I stopped watching halfway, when in doubt just keep it simple. “whatever choice you make, there is a consequence that precedes that choice” makes absolutely no sense, how can a consequence precede? Plus he used “presuppose” like 100 times and always in the wrong context. Ok o! Good luck to you all. Plus Ireti, I get you trying to be as real and comfy as possible but that eating and drinking made things awkward and distracting.

• Didi

October 28, 2015 at 4:32 pm

That is eh. I thought he was going to bring forth strong point to make make the gay guy see sense. He just flopped, He didn’t prepare himself at all..

10. aikay

October 28, 2015 at 12:18 am

It’s not worth my two cents, ain’t watching nada cos it ain’t gonna change a thing

11. stone

October 28, 2015 at 12:29 am

This guy in glasses is so shallow! i can’t believe this guy went to school. What do they teach in Nigerian schools? and he wouldn’t even let other people talk. Everything is religion centred use your brain and think for once.
    Bisi, i always thought you were an exhibitionist. I apologise for being judgemental without even hearing you. I am very impressed with you. Well done !

12. nwa nna

October 28, 2015 at 12:36 am

What is there to debate? Let folks be, at the end of the day people’s sexual orientation is between them and their creator…

13. emma

October 28, 2015 at 1:02 am

This Bisi guy is annoying AF.

14. Swizzle

October 28, 2015 at 1:35 am

Wanted to say Bisi was butt hurt but remembered he’s gay 😀

• emma

October 28, 2015 at 4:26 am

Really? Ni*aaaaa (in my best AA accent)

15. Dotido

October 28, 2015 at 3:42 am

A person’s sexual orientation has nothing to do with another person. I don’t think anyone will consciously “choose” a way of life that could lead to their death.
    I know that God says male and female only should copulate and I believe thus whole heartedly. But the same word of God says “do not judge do that thou might not be judged” so I leave all things to God. I don’t understand Homosexuality but I respect their decision. It’s not our business to judge others. God is able to do test himself.
    A good person is good and a bad person is bad irrespective of their sexual preference.

• mide

October 28, 2015 at 4:49 am

so my dear, how do you preach to them? Will you just let them go on to eternal damnation because you are trying not to judge? Their blood will be on your hands and God will ask you.

• whocares

October 28, 2015 at 1:32 pm

I’m sorry. But how will their blood be on anyone’s hands? even Jesus at the end merely said “go into the world and preach the gospel, baptizing them in the name of the father, son and holy spirit”. He did not add the caveat and I have never read the caveat “if you don’t their blood is on your hands”. Did she drag them to the bed and ask them to do anything? I am a sporadic Christian but even I know that to be false. Judge not, lest ye be judged (please what chapter is that?) If it is a sin, leave it to God to judge on the day. If it is not, we will all kuku know on that day too abi when a nice, good lady or man who also happens to be Christian and worships in spirit and truth is ushered into heaven, and you, preaching at (note the use of the word here, “at” as you have already decided that they are damned to hell) them does not make it – judge not, lest ye be judged; love your neighbours as yourselves.. all this hate is certainly not “neighbourly” is it?

16. moj

October 28, 2015 at 4:37 am

OMG this Florocka guy is super shallow!!!!! Pls keep quiet, let more intelligent people speak.

• sickupthere

October 28, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Wow …venom much?

17. cindy

October 28, 2015 at 4:44 am

this Bisi’s case is beyond………….infact
    I just had to stop when he started playing the victim card. Abeg no one drove you to suicide. You drove yourself there. Everyone has been through shit and some are better left unspoken here.
    Growing up in life, when to many people start pointing at something negative in me, I look inward and try to understand their reason and see what is actually wrong. At first I might prove stubborn and say “that’s just the way I am” but deep down I know I’m wrong and eventually work on myself. Some may say it in a not-so-nice way and the pain inside just doesn’t want them to be right, hence the reason I drag it out.
    That said, I maintain that sexuality is a choice. It is offensive? Just say you don’t want to hear the truth. I attended a girls only boarding school and if I say I didn’t ever have a crush on a female, I’d be lying. I was even giving attention by these girls. There and there I had to make a choice if I really wanted to go down that part. Now, I can’t even imagine being with another woman. I’m sure if I had met a pro-lgbt then the person would have told me that it’s the time for me to discover my sexuality. So maybe I’d have ended up being bi-sexual. Being homosexual wasn’t a trend then so I guess that was why I didn’t feel pressured to feel among. This is why I keep saying the media has a major role to play in this thingy. BN I hope you know what you are doing.
    And please Bisi, I don’t agree with you that the law was made for the minority. The law is just what it is —-> law.
    You lost me when you started talking science this and that. I always advise people to take scientific theories with a pinch of salt. Some of these theories are scams. As far as I am concerned, I was never an ape. As far as I am concerned, the world did not come from nothing. Some of these scientific theories are ridiculous, I can’t believe people are so dumb to believe it. Some scientists have proven that indeed God exists yet you all have rejected it because it doesn’t suit you and now you expect me to believe science has proven homosexuality to be normal. Please take a back sit.
    Y’all keep deceiving yourselves. I just hope that one day, you open your eyes to the truth before it is too late. As for the SJWs always crying “we all sin differently”, at least we admit we are sinners. How do you even start to repent when you don’t believe what you are doing is wrong? Ai si n le oloko lo n mu eku sako. Agba ki i wa loja kori omo tun tun wo. A word is enough for the wise.
    Finally, I think you both came out being very defensive. I really don’t understand the point of this show though. What exactly are you trying to prove?
    1 Pet 3: 15-16: Titus 3 :9; Acts 19: 9 (these are for you Florocka)

• res-G

October 28, 2015 at 10:57 am

Cindy, thank you. I have nothing to add

• honestly

October 28, 2015 at 11:25 am

@Cindy You had a crush on girls.!!? But you worked hard on yourself , supported by societal dictates plus religiosity you over came your NATURE and decided to conform to PRESSURE. Now here’s a time tested anecdotal fact, If you need anything besides your nature to decide your sexuality then you are fighting to be what you are not. You do not decide your sexuality Cindy. You don’t say oh I am going to work hard at being a heterosexual. From the long self serving, self hating, deluded write up I can tell you have really made your closet into a comfortable TARDIS. Beware though as sometimes in SPEAKING YOUR TRUTH your true nature would pop out to say hello ‘I crushed on girls” . I am heterosexual, went to boarding school never had a crush on same sex not becos of religion, society but because as the saying goes “you can’t fit a square peg into a round hole. You on the other hand and several other delusional closet Queens have proven the contrary hence you are able to carry on with sham unhappy marriages. You are what you say you are by your own TRUE confessions. For heavens sake Cindy stop preaching at people who choose to live their truth ,:they did not put you in your closet , stop trying to invite people into it. I can imagine it’s fuck misrable that’s why you hating. As the saying goes misery loves company. As I am no hater I am hoping you stay strong and keep on with your CHOSEN SEXUALITY. Peace.

• tobi

October 28, 2015 at 12:28 pm

@honestly , thats the Gods honest truth !!! Nuffsaid!!. Hit the nail on the head. @ Cindy no hating oh, well done , hope it’s worth your struggle, must be hard trying to be what you are not, as long as you are happy that’s all that really matters in the end.

• temmie

October 28, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Mr/Miss honestly, i don’t really get the head or tail of what you just wrote but i guess others like yourself would. And please, please, please….. could you stop hating? cindy just aired her point of view, you had no need of all them curse words

• Cindy

October 28, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Lmaaaoooo!!!!! See warram saying? Misery loves company. You don’t know me o whoever you are. I’m the least person that can be put in a cage and come on I’ve lived with girls all my life. If I’m really gay, I think I should be struggling with my sexuality na. I’m not supposed to be too comfortable around them girls right? Lol. Anyway, since you missed the point of my story, let me explain it to you. We would all be deceiving ourselves if we refuse to accept that environment plays a role in influencing our supposed sexual orientation. I was only a teenager, my body just started changing. I had just begun feeling sensual and my body wanted to explore. Funny enough the supposed crushes were all tomboys so at the end of the day my crushing was still based on the idea of being with a guy not that I’m gay dear. So kindly crawl back into the cave you came out from. Thank God I didn’t meet your type during that period of my life when I was only a vulnerable teenager. Awon brainwashing demons. You have a choice. Make it count guys. Stop spitting venom o cos I’m here laughing and typing yet you seem so worked up. Now who is bitter????

• lotusflower

October 28, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Yes! @ Cindy is clearly a lesbian who is choosing to suppress her sexuality!
      @Cindy, just because you have chosen to stay in the closet, doesn’t mean that you should expect others to as well. She claims that she no longer has crushes on girls and that it was the result of going to an all-girls school. LOL. Cindy, I hate to break it to you, but there are many who went to same-gender schools and did not have crushes or experiment with other ladies. You can come online and tell any lie you want but you can’t deceive yourself or God. You know what you really are. Continue to live in denial.

• whocares

October 28, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Oi gevalt! Sexuality is a social construct and you are aware of that to the extent that you “chose” to conform to what society expected of you, therefore you chose to be straight. That is you.. Biologically, I still maintain that some people are born gay. Of course, some people do decide to be gay too as it is not all black and white, but I have to ask which Nigerian or African, or Russian, or Indian or anyone likely to face persecution will CHOSE to be gay in these circumstances? It is all well and good to be pious, but lets drag our humanity alongside piety. Now, back to my initial arguments, how do you account for certain children behaving in a way that society has defined as “female” or “male” that deviates from the norm? I have seen children like these on countless occasions.. . Biologically, they do not relate as the sex society has stamped on them. X chromosomes, Y chromosomes, your sex is not simply depicted by your sexual organ- what would we classify hermaphrodites as? Same argument with sexuality. Just cos you happen to be female does not mean you feel like one, neither does it mean you want to be with a man and vice versa. I dont even know the science of it fully but I think im on to something here.
      Look, my own is this. Life is long, it is long and hard. Terrorism, hurricane, secession, this, that.. To now complicate it further as if we do not have enough with something that really isn’t any of our businesses makes no sense to me. So long as a person is a good person, whose actions do not harm anyone etc etc. Who they decide to love is their business. We are protecting the morality of the future? Have enough faith in yourself as parents that you will guide your children right, and they will grow up to be who you hoped they will be. But to malign people for too many ridiculous reasons like I have read when this issue rears its head? That’s how Mugabe went to the UN was screaming Africa will not tolerate gays. Of ALLLLLLL the issues plaguing Africa, plaguing his nation, to scream we are not gays was the most pressing, the most important? lost priorities..

• Cindy

October 28, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Egba mi…..but I was minding my business here when Bella naija brought this news to me. How is that my fault na? I kannor talk again? You all have been bashing Christianity too so I guess that applies to you too. Criminals know they would go to jail if caught yet they still commit crimes so that una argument?

• C'est moi

October 28, 2015 at 2:12 pm

@ Cindy
      “Some scientists have proven that indeed God exists…”
      Wow!
      How on did this ground breaking headliner pass me by?

Please do point me to the scientific proof of God’s existence. And given your claimed your lack of trust in ridiculous scientific theories, how do you judge the credibility of this proof? You claim sexual orientation is unnatural but you appear fine with talking snakes? Are you also cherry-picking to suit your beliefs?

• Cindy

October 28, 2015 at 3:43 pm

My dear, I believe in miracles. Oops….but you wouldn’t know because you’ve not had a personal experience. Being gay is not a miracle.

• Alsorts

October 28, 2015 at 3:58 pm

@CINDY you have just confessed to being a closet homo. You were genetically programmed to fancy those girls at school. But you have overcome the urge to be with same sex. Shout Alellullia if you like .It doesn’t mean you are cured it means you struggle to be straight. A naturally straight person does not struggle or have urges for same sex relationship. Let that be a revelation on to you.my issue with people like you is your audacity to persecute others, who are brave enough to live their lives. You are a sad little deluded coward. Thank you honesty for pointing out the obvious to thousands of undercover closet Queens and gay Lords. The truth to most of them is like pouring ice water on their faces ,too shocked to comprehend the truth about themselves. Karma is a bitch you religious nutcases always end up marrying these psychos.

• Cindy

October 28, 2015 at 6:28 pm

See guys……..to all my BN people who can comprehend, I think I have proven my point and can now rest my case. See how they all came out at me forcing me to be gay when I’m not. This is the pressure I was talking about yet they would say it is natural. Now they all know me than I know myself. I never in my life would have thought that I’d have to defend myself as regards homosexuality. Choi! You people are scary and officially dangerous! Please stay far away from by kids. Wow. Lmao……………chai! Nobody wants to be like you people o. Because I revealed the truth that you can actually make a choice, I am now a coward. My dear, I’d rather be a coward than subject myself to the life style of you people. Lmaooo…… This is just funny. On top crush? I just had a crush o people, I never said I wanted to dry hump any one na ????. I don’t think getting down to the real thing ever crossed my mind sef. Like I said earlier, it was the idea I really liked and that was because I was in a girls only school. By the time I entered university, too much boys sef. Why would I choose to be with a girl when there are so many boys I can pick from. Chai……….you homos and pro-homos are confirmed mentally deranged people. I just confirmed it myself today. Make way as the qween of cowards strolls by…….lmaooo??????

• nwanyi na aga aga

October 28, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Be gay and leave Cindy out of the matter, the girl has stated her belief. It must not align with the one you have. You call her closet homo, she said you chose to be homo, its opinions. You sit on your system without collecting any sample from Cindy and know she has been genetically programmed to be gay? Lol! O di egwu! You gays have to start dealing with dissent! All these bullying will not help educate anyone. I have seen a self confessed gay marry with my own eyes, the boy got married, nobody bullied him, nobody forced him, he was even a terrorist in the neighborhood,he was the bully gaan! one day the boy upped and said he received Christ, people didn’t believe him including myself..Strangely the boy started to clean up his act, shaved his hair started a barbing saloon,joined one small praying ministry then, started moving with one babe, everybody warned the babe..one day baam! They got married..2 children and 4 years counting, they still live together. SO what will you call that one? From gay to straight? No be by choice? Someone will come here and say bisexual abi? it still doesn’t remove the fact that you can choose where to lean in. If someone states an opinion and you have facts or even a questionnaire that is intelligible and educative to counter the argument bring it on..All these you peoples’ “closet gay/homophobic argument” is outdated and terribly unintelligible. If you want people to understand you educate them peacefully on what it is all about!

• Didi

October 28, 2015 at 5:15 pm

My bro, when God says an act is wrong, it is wrong. This was the same reason Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed. Read your bible. Why did Jesus chase out all those who turn the temple to a market place? Why did he not say: Do whatever you like Israelite, my God will judge you. No! Rather he destroyed everything and chased them out of the temple because he knew it was wrong and could not keep quiet about it. You are not being judgmental when you tell these gay people what they are doing is wrong. Are you saying we should leave thieves and killers alone because it was their choice to be be so? Come on people the devil is fighting to rule this world and homosexuality is one of his strategies. Please Be warned!
      But aside oh….Why is it that all these gay people always have history of being bullied in school.; una never talk wetin they do una.

• honestly

October 28, 2015 at 6:20 pm

CINDY, Cindy Oh what a tangled Web we weave When we first practice to decieve! !!See as you just dey trap yourself with those your quick jug mental fingers typing out revelstions that you are too blind to see at the same time passing t judgement on yourself. The only person you are deceiving is YOURSELF. I was a teenager once too Na. Went to an all girls catholic bording school, never experienced gender confusion. I dont know what kind of hormones you got circulating inside you o!?.It sounds like deceit . It’s a pity you ascribe to ignorance rather than scientific fact Becsuse if you were scientifically informed you would have realised what you are ( lesbian) trying to fit into a homophobic society. I do not blame you. Left to me you wouldn’t need to hide because I unlike you do not judge people based on their sexuality. My point dear Cindy
      . 1. is live and let live
      2. You live in a glass house, babe , even if you dont realise it, you’ve got no buisness inviting yourself to a throwing stones party . Jokes on you don’t need smiley face emotives.

• tochukwu

October 28, 2015 at 10:46 pm

Odi egwu Cindy e be like say English is a problem. See how you just confess to homosexuality with your own mouth . Lion dey chop meat it cannot survive on carrot. Na carnivorous animal. You cindy na omnivores lion that can eat carrot if meat is not avaliable. Odi egwu. Closet tinzs

• soji

November 1, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Tayo and Cindy if a guy that went to an all boys school told you he crushed on boys because no girls what would you think of such a guy. I see guys who want to appear feminine but I don’t fancy them. Guys like Denrele give me the creeps. Cindy you said it was the idea you really like!?. Cindy the idea of having a crush on a guy makes me want to vomit violently. You know why? Its because i am heterosexual by nature not by choice. You guys are seriously lying to yourselves. Its one of two things
      A. You guys are bisexual
      B. You have inherent gay tendencies but choose to be heterosexual.
      In my book girls that use to have crush on girls have gay tendencies guys that used to crush on guys the same. There is no confusion, let’s not get it twisted

• Bunmi

October 28, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Sorry Cindy you cannot manipulate people’s intelligence. I understand from what you have just revealed that you crushed on girls because no boys in sight. Now boys in sight don’t need girls. Cindy understand me one time if there are no more girls left on earth I personally would never crush on a man like myself i can alwsys satusfy myself. Crushing means you have sexual attractions to the person you are crushing abi ?so if no more boys You would opt for girls that means you have lesbian tendancies. Simple English .please go and reflect seriously you are making to much noise and exposing yourself. This just goes to prove that most homophobes are indeed surpressed homos. Nuffsaid.

• nwanyi na aga aga

October 28, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Cindy!!!! Kudos to you babe.. Don’t allow all these awon gay people bully you! You know I used to try to understand the whole gay ishh and all there is to it, till I noticed that these people and their useless sympathizers do not tolerate dissent nor questions, once you raise a logical argument they either tar you with their brush that you must be in the closet or brand you homophobic..I believe people choose to be gay, if you gay people have any other contrary intelligible argument bring it on. All of you bash Christianity, Virginity and Nigerian men while singing Kumbaya, no one has mobbed you people..WHY CANT I BELIEVE GAY IS BY CHOICE? IS IT BY FORCE!!!! MUST EVERYBODY LOVE YOU PEOPLE? HIAN!!!!!God I so hate bullying and all these cyber bullying is turning me antagonist to you gays biko! Its not a must that everybody will believe !!! Live with it!!! Gays bully people every time then turn around to cry foul.,. You people went to someone’s shop and he said I don’t want to offer you my service, you took the person to court, if that is not bullying , I dont get what it is?

• kanayo

October 29, 2015 at 9:32 am

You can choose to be ignorant or informed. The choice is yours. Like most people here I did not make a choice to be heterosexual. It was just a natural thing to me I gravitated naturally to the opposite sex. The idea of homosexuality repulses me. I do not believe that you grow up and make a choice at your sexuality. Yes the environment can contribute to how you express yourself for example in Nigeria gay is not allowed so if you have gay feelings you pretend not to be gay to fit in. It also means some people are undercover gays. A friend of mines wife has been having sex with her housemaid . She was exposed when the housemaid was found by the husband molesting their 6 year old daughter and the maid confessed Apparently the wife was a well known supa queen back in her school days. If not for society this woman will not be marrying a man. She will be with her fellow Lisbon. But see how she has hidden inside marriage and see how the child has become a victim. I also hear their is a secret cult of gay men they are all married men but meet up in gay clubs. That is how they bring diseases to their wife at home.

• honestly

October 29, 2015 at 11:06 am

Cindy revealed she has gay tendencies thank God its in black and white for everyone with half a brain to read. When she was called out for being judgemental on other gays not in the closet she started to dig her hole deeper looool. Now as far as I am concerned Cindy has Notting to fear from the likes of me I don’t give a – bout her sexuality. A person’s personality matters most to me and I don’t do 2 faced judgemental cowards. Cindy real enemy is you becos it’s people like yourself who judge people based on their sexuality and notting else . You cannot read between the lines and see past a person’s sexuality that makes you a poor judge of character. The good thing is that people like yourself circulate around each other and that’s good enough for me. I have no room for people like you in real life. I do not need to comment future on this issue thankfully Cindy can not retract her post so people can read and judge for them selves.

• Blessed

October 29, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Cindy. Keep it up dear. Thumbs up. Jesus, Apostle Paul e.t.c went through worse. This is what we call persecution, no big deal, you have been told about it already and you took up the the cross. Master warned us and told us not to worry. Move on my dear. Keep moving girl.Master is smiling at you up there.. next please.

• karen

October 29, 2015 at 10:47 pm

At Cindy well done for choosing the right way. I am a christian I do not believe in homosexuality as a christian I can not lie too. You did admit to having feelings for girls like yourself . There is no shame in that. In my church the Lord has healed people who have encountered homesexuals spirit. I praise God for your healing. Recieve your healing ,:don’t denie it, shame the devil. Like you i believe in miracles . You are now a soldier speaking agsinst the spirit of homo. By speaking out you are giving strenght to others experiencing homosexual feelings like you did. You are healed. Stay strong sister it is well.

• Tayo

November 1, 2015 at 3:51 am

I know what Cindy means. If you did not go to an FGGC single girls school, you can never understand. We had Tom boys and people who like each other. Lots of them are married heterosexuals now. It was just a school thing. Yes girls liked each other not because they admitted the fact that they were born that way but simply because they weren’t boys around .Most people can’t even imagine such anymore.

• Sam

October 31, 2015 at 2:06 am

Cindy thoroughly read the scriptures you post before you quote scripture out of context. It doesn’t behove you to speak about something you are clueless about.

18. Uju

October 28, 2015 at 7:48 am

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. None of that homosexuality business here. That’s all. Nothing to debate.

19. Tee

October 28, 2015 at 9:00 am

Flo is so intelligent. Glad to see him on this debate. He handled the discussion really well, was calm and handled Bisi’s numerous interruptions well. Bisi’s argument were centrally sentimental/emotional. And he begged the questions when core issues were raised. I was amazed when he said’i didnt interrupt you, let me talk”, whilst in reality his several interruptions almost made the debate one sided and boring to be honest. . I was really impressed with Flo. God bless you!

• cantmesswiththis

October 28, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Hello Flo, how are you? lol

20. sean spicy

October 28, 2015 at 12:51 pm

I admit Flo didnt bring it home, i expected more from him in regards to backing his facts with bible verses. Bisi Alimi, Nigerians are not ready for what youre defending. I keep telling Nigerians, keep that mentality back home whenever you cross the atlantic ocean to western countries. The world has moved forward and tolerance is key. Government has no business with what goes on in the bedroom of two consenting adults regardless of the laws of morality or religion.

• Steve

October 31, 2015 at 1:48 am

Watch the part 2 moron….before you talk about what you don’t know.

21. Tayo Dede

October 28, 2015 at 12:55 pm

The debate was between two opposing views, the presenters have to take a neutral stand to allow the parties involved dissect the topic. Nevertheless it was a dope interview .

22. Lade

October 28, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Man, this was intense. LOL both of the guys stuck to their guns! Forget all these dead interviews out there; this one I actually enjoyed. For y’all hating, remember: opposing views, so the hosts have to be neutral. Not bad at all…

23. Tonye

October 28, 2015 at 1:40 pm

I respect Bisi Alimi for this interview. He put forth his points calmly and logically. Flo of course took the stand of his beliefs. No harm in that. Either way, I enjoyed this.

• whocares

October 28, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Should have changed your email bro. loool. It’s ok. I understand. loool

• C'est moi

October 28, 2015 at 2:29 pm

There is plenty harm when people then use religious beliefs to form govt and social policy.

24. Didi

October 28, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Why is the fool screaming. Everyone is talking gently and making their point he is screaming like an idiot. Bisi or what ever you call yourself,No be by force pls calm down. Y where u bullied in school? He didn’t answer. Pervert! The guy is just confused, there is point arguing with him.

25. sickupthere

October 28, 2015 at 2:17 pm

The same religion that supported incest in the old testament now has issues with same sex… hypocrisy of the highest level.

26. Smh

October 28, 2015 at 3:54 pm

When they asked Bisi what he thinks of gays practically bullying society to accept their lifestyle and he brings up Kim Davis. Why didn’t he bring up cases of bakers being sued for not choosing to bake for gay couples that want to get married? Then I’ll know that he is being objective. *long hiss* He is dilly dallying all over the place.

27. lotusflower

October 28, 2015 at 8:41 pm

@CINDY, you have not proven your point. In fact, you have done the opposite.
    In your comment you state: ” Like I said earlier, it was the idea I really liked and that was because I was in a girls only school. … Why would I choose to be with a girl when there are so many boys I can pick from. ”

What you are basically saying is that your heterosexuality is contingent on your access to guys, not on your belief (religious or otherwise) that it is wrong or that you are not sexually interested in women. Those are your words, not ours! According to your statement, we can deduce that if you didn’t encounter men at your university or after completing your schooling, you would still be “crushing” on women.
    My dear, you are the one pushing yourself into the closet with your obvious denial.

28. Seriously?

October 28, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Are you serious? Bisi is such a dummy tho… “Jesus never called himself a Christian? Mandela? Martin Luther?” Haba.
    Plus what is Africa while we’re at it? The Africa we know was framed and constructed only over a few centuries ago. Egypt was a major part of the journey of Christianity; Egypt was where Jesus and his parents took cover when babies were being killed. Sheba visited Solomon from Africa, Ethiopia is mentioned a few times as well. How can you say that Christianity is alien to Africa?

Plus I’m just disappointed with how this entire conversation fell back on tearing Christianity apart.

I may agree with one thing though; sexuality may be on a spectrum. For Bisi, his ‘choice’ may have been an extreme end of the spectrum, for others, probably like Cindy, for others, totally attracted to opposites only. Whatever the case, I believe knowing about God puts you in a position to make an actual choice. God knew people were ‘born’ depraved even at the time of Abraham. Sticking to his guns about people who imbibed this sinful lifestyle was him being God/Boss/Babanla in wisdom and understanding. If you are a christian, or you know about God’s stance, you have to make a choice. Pls google Jackie Hill Perry and read about her story back to God from Homosexuality. It’s possible.

29. passingby

October 29, 2015 at 12:16 am

Na wa o. I have left the debate to come and read comments loool. Very entertaining . On a more serious note. Homo sexuality exist big time in Nigeria. But most of them are in denial. Some believe in healing. This may come as a shock, :especially if you are surrounded by others in denial but If you have ever, had fantasies about your same sex then you are homosexual. Please do your research. How you feel is the same way other homosexual feel but the difference is they act on it while you do not. Go and ask any true heterosexual if they have fantasies about same sex , the answer would be a simple NO. It takes a great deal to surpress natural urges and Kudos to anyone who is living it.

30. Steve

October 31, 2015 at 2:23 am

Kudos to you Flo you did an awesome job in letting people know that scripture bashing Bisi is not the answer to the issues on ground but for him experiencing the love of Christ. Despite Bisi’s perverse sexual orientation God still loves him as scriptures says “for God so love the world ….if people understood the scripture in Romans 1 which Flo quoted you would understand the spiritual dynamics of Bisi’s predicament. However rather than fight and judge Bisi pray and interceed for him that God would show him mercy…rather than curse him show him love. Besides those who throw stones at him have their hidden sins…cos you sin different from him doesn’t make you better than him. If you lie,cheat, steal, gossip, hate, fornication, commit adultery etc…. it’s not different from homosexuality. Sin is sin and it doesnt have grades. The wages of sin is death. Let us repent, remove the logs from our eyes and seek to love one another. Love will make you compassionate. Selah

31. anon

October 31, 2015 at 10:12 am

Ditto#OMNIVOROUS LION. LMAO!!!!

32. keredim

December 30, 2015 at 12:03 am

This Flo guy, is a brilliant artistic, but his argument on this issue is retarded. The sad thing is that most Christians think the same way, homosexuality is NOT a choice. All homosexuals are asking for in Nigeria, is their right to exist, like every other person.