Scoop

It’s the ‘Adventures of Kemi Adetiba’! Watch #ThingsKemiCooks & Learn to Make Beans Stew

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Kemi Adetiba

Kemi Adetiba is out with another episode of her #ThingsKemiCooks section of her VLog ‘The Adventures of Kemi Adetiba’.

On today’s episode she is teaching viewers how to make beans stew.

1 2 3

Check on it!

1. Equal opportunity

October 1, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Bella Naija and their “partiality”. There are lots of food bloggers with Youtube videos and even non food relating blogs with useful Youtube videos that you guys have conveniently ignored, because they are not one of the “in crowd” or your friends. You won’t post them to give them some publicity and encouragement but every week you will post cooking videos of Kemi. Abi she is paying you ni. No hate on Kemi but it has to be said. People who already have popularity like this, before you know it now one would start to think Kemi invented Nigerian cooking Youtube videos. It will be great if once a week you guys showcase different people’s Yotube videos. At least you guys troll foreign entertainment sites for your copy and paste news. It won’t be hard to troll Youtube for interesting nigerian cooking youtube videos.. Be more broad in your reporting and give people who don’t already have Kemi’s popularity a chance for other people too to see their work.P.S – i don’t have a youtube channel, neither do any of my friends.. This isn’t about me but this is a trend I have observed with BN. it isn’t your friends that built your brand BN, but regular every day people visiting your site. Don’t pander to just your friends. #equalopportunityexposure. There are many more interesting nigerian cooking videos by people who are not celebs.

BellaNaija.com

October 1, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Hi @equalopportunity
      If you know any great YouTube channels or programs targeted at the African audience, please send us the links.
      We work hard to search for great content but we know we cant do it alone and need our audience to share tips and links. We will be expecting your reply.

• Sade

October 1, 2015 at 11:05 pm

My sentiments exactly. Not just with food videos but with most things. I noticed that with Bellanaija – they are geared towards their celebrity friends. I’m tired of same old faces all the time.

• Ides of March

October 2, 2015 at 3:08 am

I agree, I submitted a short well made short film to BN and they turned it down saying it is not what they are focusing on right now. How is a film highlighting the effects of AIDS infection between spouses not a subject you’re focusing on right now?

• Bleed Blue

October 2, 2015 at 3:51 pm

@Ides of March
      Well that’s a shame. I would have liked to see that.

Where else can I find it on the interwebs?

• Ides of March

October 6, 2015 at 3:51 pm

@ Bleedblue, Sorry, i put the link on here and BN refused to post it. *sigh*

2. Mary

October 1, 2015 at 4:14 pm

Amazing will try it definitely… thanks for the upload

3. Tutu

October 1, 2015 at 4:25 pm

I’m not even a fan of beans, but after this my goodness…*heads to soak beans*

4. CB

October 1, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Awww! She’s cool peoples! She won me over at lots of onions in her beans?? that’s the not so secret ingredient in my stewed beans recipe.

Thanks for this appetizing recipe upload, I’ve been stuck in a cooking rot for the past 3weeks… I just don’t feel like cooking or eating. Yesterday I went to the kitchen to make dinner, after looking around for 15mins, I grabbed a shot glass, had 4shots of rum and went to bed!
    This post has me slightly gingered up sha, so it might be just be what I need. I’ll try this tonight or tomorrow night or sometime this weekend… Lol, I can’t even make up my mind, Ya see? Something is worrying me and my kitchen….sigh.

5. Mee

October 1, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Thanks Kemi!
    I really like how simple and easy her recipes are. It’s really helpful for people like me who didn’t grow up cooking Nigerian foods.

6. Rayva

October 1, 2015 at 8:52 pm

@CB been stuck in same cooking rot for 2 weeks now and dont know what to do neither am I gingered as the beans I just made now is beyond wacky and unsuitable for human consumption. I will bin it tomorrow morning,
    off to bed with a chapman………winks

7. tai oo yoruba nimi

October 1, 2015 at 9:01 pm

this CB,,im sure you are a good cook..i get this feeling too sometimes when i just have no desire to cook at all

8. PD Young Billionaire

October 1, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Looks good but she was just stirring n stirring!Will try it someday.Thanks Kemi.

9. nnenne

October 1, 2015 at 11:03 pm

Looks appetizing but again not heart healthy. Palm oil and frying should be tweaked. Palm oil contains a lot of cholesterol and the frying makes it even worse because they raise your bad cholesterol up.
    Let’s all be heart healthy conscious, especially, for the men in our lives, because they tend to have heart attack early in life.Most in their early thirties.

Would not add billion cubes and salt. Bullion cubes contain a lot of salt. Hope this on low salt or no salt diet know that.

Don’t kill me, just my views. Not all nice tasting food are healthy. That’s why I avoid eating out whenever I can.

Nice try Kemi!

• Lola

October 2, 2015 at 1:23 am

Not cholesterol , saturated fat, which should be limited to 20Grams a day. she shared an old favourite recipe, reminiscent of her family. She did not advocate daily consumption of palm oil beans
      . It amazes me how Nigerians discuss cholesterol in palm oil and conveniently forget all the animal fat they consume in their shaki, abodi an, eggs kidney suya. I once ate a whole grilled croaker and I had oatmeal with milk for breakfast. I was surprised that I had exceeded my cholesterol intake for the day. Guys let research things and not jump on bandwagons. Google myfitnesspal and calorie counter and your friends

• Mama Jay

October 2, 2015 at 11:23 am

You’ve come again this week. Did anyone drag you here forcefully please? You’re into healthy eating, congrats! Kemi never told you she was, so she’ll cook with ingredients she deems fit. Stop all this your weekly unnecessary talk please, again nobody forced you here
      !

10. nnenne

October 1, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Auto correct. …Hope those on low salt or no salt diet know that.

11. Jay jay

October 1, 2015 at 11:13 pm

Hi, I loved the way that you cooked the beans. I however screamed out loud when you kept licking the spoon and putting it back in the pot.

12. winneR

October 1, 2015 at 11:24 pm

Kemi,u rock boh.She motivated me towards making my very 1st fried rice n it was delish,even hubby who hates veggies cleaned his plate up.Had in d past made soggy messes of the meal,her easy to follow methods spurred me to action.

13. Alero Mii

October 2, 2015 at 1:04 am

Kemi omo Adetiba! Why are you goan do me like that, why you goan tempt me with Agege bread? Did not plan to watch the video until I saw the soft bread… @ BellaNaija, I hear Dooney is very good, visited her blog for gbegiri but learned a new trick… I gat no idea if she is on youtube.

14. Priscy

October 2, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Me wey no like beans come dey salivate in top this video
    I’lll def try this