The Ooni-elect has spoken out. Yesterday, it was announced that Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi will be crowned as the New Ooni of Ife. He was suddenly thrust into the international spotlight with all eyes on him.
Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi’s selection has been trending online and made headline news due to his youthfulness and according to some, handsome looks and physique.
An exclusive interview feature by Guardian Newspaper reveals the Ooni-elect’s thoughts. It was also revealed that his father, Prince Ropo Ogunwusi expressed happiness and explained that the present turn of events is a fulfillment of predictions made long ago that his son would one day wear the crown.
Here is what the Ooni-elect had to say
Speaking with The Guardian yesterday, he said: “I thank God that it was peaceful all the way. This is dedicated to God and Nigerian youths, particularly, our youths in Ife. With my emergence, our young people now have a voice in nation building and development.
“In the course of my aspiration to be the Ooni stool, I faced stiff opposition, but I thank God that at the end of the day, it has turned out this way and I give glory to God.”
In his acceptance speech, the Ooni-elect said: “I am not coming to the throne to pass judgment on those that have maliciously wronged me. I am coming to the throne to set a good example and show the world that I am truly called by God to lead Ile-Ife into a state of tranquility, conscientiousness and prosperity.
Praying for Wisdom
“It is my ardent prayer that the Lord will continue to guide us all and bestow us with great wisdom to carry out our incumbent tasks. I use this opportunity to call upon all the sons of Ile-Ife that were alongside with me in the race for the stool to heed to my call that we work harmoniously to align our goals for the sake of posterity and Ile-Ife. Together we shall not lose sight of the values and tradition that have made us the greatest nation of black people on earth.”
Quick Facts on the Ooni Elect (as compiled by Guardian) – Click for the full list
*The 40-year old prince is of the Ojaja Royal compound of Agbedegbede in the Giesi Ruling House. He is a prince in the Ojaja Royal compound of Agbedegbede in the Giesi Ruling House and the 5th direct descendant of the Giesi family.
*The Ooni-elect attended The Polytechnic, Ibadan, where he obtained a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accountancy.
* The newly appointed monarch facilitated the biggest Lead and Aluminium recycling plant set up in Nigeria by National Steel Company of India in Ota, Ogun State.
* Prince Ogunwusi is the founder of Essential Homes, a real estate project that delivers affordable upscale homes to middle and low income earners.
* The Ooni-elect employs over 300 youth at the Inagbe Cocowood Factory and has over 450 direct employees in his various companies.
* Prince Ogunwusi is on the Board of Imperial Homes Mortgage Bank Limited, (formerly GTHomes), GTBank Plc and FinaTrust Microfinance Bank Limited.
* He is a member of several professional bodies, which include; Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), an Associate Accounting Technician and a certified member of the Institute of Directors (IoD) Nigeria as well as Global Real Estate Institute (GRI).
* Prince Ogunwusi has carried out real estate developments for several monarchs, which include: HRM, Oba Saheed Elegushi, Kusenla III, Elegushi of Ikate Land, his predecessor, the late Oba Sijuade, HRM, Oba Oyekan, Onilado, of Ilado Inagbe Island, Lagos, HRM, Oba Adedapo Tejuoso, The Oranmiyan Osile Oke Ona of Egba Land, Abeokuta, HRM, Oba Oloruntoyin Saliu, the Oloworo of Oworonsoki, Lagos, HRM Oba Akinloye, Ojomu of Ajiran Land, Lekki,