News

New Ooni of Ife speaks Out for the First Time

BellaNaija.com

prince adeyeye ogunwusiThe Ooni-elect has spoken out. Yesterday, it was announced that Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi will be crowned as the New Ooni of Ife. He was suddenly thrust into the international spotlight with all eyes on him.

Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi’s selection has been trending online and made headline news due to his youthfulness and according to some, handsome looks and physique.

An exclusive interview feature by Guardian Newspaper reveals the Ooni-elect’s thoughts. It was also revealed that his father, Prince Ropo Ogunwusi expressed happiness and explained that the present turn of events is a fulfillment of predictions made long ago that his son would one day wear the crown.

Here is what the Ooni-elect had to say

Thanking God
Speaking with The Guardian yesterday, he said: “I thank God that it was peaceful all the way. This is dedicated to God and Nigerian youths, particularly, our youths in Ife. With my emergence, our young people now have a voice in nation building and development.

“In the course of my aspiration to be the Ooni stool, I faced stiff opposition, but I thank God that at the end of the day, it has turned out this way and I give glory to God.”

No Malice
In his acceptance speech, the Ooni-elect said: “I am not coming to the throne to pass judgment on those that have maliciously wronged me. I am coming to the throne to set a good example and show the world that I am truly called by God to lead Ile-Ife into a state of tranquility, conscientiousness and prosperity.

Praying for Wisdom
“It is my ardent prayer that the Lord will continue to guide us all and bestow us with great wisdom to carry out our incumbent tasks. I use this opportunity to call upon all the sons of Ile-Ife that were alongside with me in the race for the stool to heed to my call that we work harmoniously to align our goals for the sake of posterity and Ile-Ife. Together we shall not lose sight of the values and tradition that have made us the greatest nation of black people on earth.”

Quick Facts on the Ooni Elect (as compiled by Guardian) – Click for the full list
*The 40-year old prince is of the Ojaja Royal compound of Agbedegbede in the Giesi Ruling House. He is a prince in the Ojaja Royal compound of Agbedegbede in the Giesi Ruling House and the 5th direct descendant of the Giesi family.

*The Ooni-elect attended The Polytechnic, Ibadan, where he obtained a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accountancy.

* The newly appointed monarch facilitated the biggest Lead and Aluminium recycling plant set up in Nigeria by National Steel Company of India in Ota, Ogun State.

* Prince Ogunwusi is the founder of Essential Homes, a real estate project that delivers affordable upscale homes to middle and low income earners.

* The Ooni-elect employs over 300 youth at the Inagbe Cocowood Factory and has over 450 direct employees in his various companies.

* Prince Ogunwusi is on the Board of Imperial Homes Mortgage Bank Limited, (formerly GTHomes), GTBank Plc and FinaTrust Microfinance Bank Limited.

* He is a member of several professional bodies, which include; Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), an Associate Accounting Technician and a certified member of the Institute of Directors (IoD) Nigeria as well as Global Real Estate Institute (GRI).

* Prince Ogunwusi has carried out real estate developments for several monarchs, which include: HRM, Oba Saheed Elegushi, Kusenla III, Elegushi of Ikate Land, his predecessor, the late Oba Sijuade, HRM, Oba Oyekan, Onilado, of Ilado Inagbe Island, Lagos, HRM, Oba Adedapo Tejuoso, The Oranmiyan Osile Oke Ona of Egba Land, Abeokuta, HRM, Oba Oloruntoyin Saliu, the Oloworo of Oworonsoki, Lagos, HRM Oba Akinloye, Ojomu of Ajiran Land, Lekki,

1. RIFF RAFF

October 27, 2015 at 10:14 am

With all those your gruesome, cannibalistic rituals, i hope you’re not referring to the God in the Bible. Since you claim you are truly called by God (whoever he may be) , i hope that your god has equally reminded u to pay back all those you owe!!!!

• Amiira

December 8, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Your name is Riff-Raff, so no bond of contention on your comment

2. ayi

October 27, 2015 at 10:19 am

..and he takes a selfie too

3. Chizoo

October 27, 2015 at 10:19 am

He was supposed to provide a property for my self and a few of my colleagues si ve 2011, till now he hadn’t that, he has continuously given us each bounced check this year, it’s been 4 years now and he’s yet to pay back our money. He has petition filed against him at the Efcc . He’s not as credible as you people thinks he is.

• i no send

October 27, 2015 at 2:09 pm

hian….these allegations of shady business dealings is a cause for concern..however i hope he would quickly settle these aggrieved clients. of his asap

• Atl's finest

October 27, 2015 at 7:58 pm

I lost hope when I learned his ways ain’t legit.pls get ur shit together Yes U Oni of Ife. Life don’t work that way!! Quit playing games with folks money.

4. tosin adegbite

October 27, 2015 at 10:37 am

na wa o…..since he is a young guy and educated…he should free the ‘Abobaku’ crap!..

5. Tkum

October 27, 2015 at 10:51 am

what did i just read Uncle Ooni? Called by God bawoo?..Chai God don experience things for this earth sha…

6. slut

October 27, 2015 at 10:59 am

Hmmmm he is kinda hot too!!!!! wouldn’t mind being a second, third or fourth wife to this kind ooni oh cos I go enjoy am wella before him go old

• pray tell

October 27, 2015 at 11:17 am

……… Interesting name and comment. It is well

• Nkecki

October 27, 2015 at 4:08 pm

I hope you are joking o Miss Delilah, it is not too late for God to provide you the husband you can call your own only. You don’t need that, if you seek the face of the Lord, you will be so surprised that He will give you something better than what you are seeing. Leave him alone please. Thank you. You don’t have to derive joy by making another sad. God has enough, just go to Him.

7. Tikka Masala

October 27, 2015 at 11:38 am

Eehm..is that the new Ooni using a selfie stick? Oh dear. What’s the world coming to? A selfie-loving Ooni. ROTFL

8. queen bee

October 27, 2015 at 11:48 am

This Ooni na jasi King oooo …i admire your achievements ,with your degree of exposure please stop this abobaku nonsense ..long live d king ..long live my homeland Ile -Ife

• kemi

October 27, 2015 at 12:50 pm

lol! Na Oba gangsta!! All these young boys sha lol.. He is about the same age as Oba Elegushin

9. Meeee

October 27, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Oh, he’s got a selfie stick too? *fans self* Just when I thought he can’t get any hotter!

10. fabulicious

October 27, 2015 at 1:22 pm

A selfie stick…Eeeeew.Just when I thought I had seen it all from Bukola Saraki.

11. anonymous

October 27, 2015 at 2:31 pm

I’m interested in seeing his first wife jare…

12. beabea bea

October 27, 2015 at 5:15 pm

why do they never talk about his wife? abi he never marry ni? and if he never marry as ooni when he go marry?

• Bummi

October 27, 2015 at 6:56 pm

He is married with a daughter

• Sarah

October 29, 2015 at 12:15 pm

and many more wives already in the pipeline.

13. Oloye

October 27, 2015 at 8:32 pm

If Lagos Island afobajes like they should not gimme throne when the current Olowo Eko is very very old and die (ki ade pe lori Oba wa..)!

Street tin take over…!

14. thisisnotmyname

October 27, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Dear God, no matter how hot this Ooni is, I still bind and cast away every spirit of junior ‘wifeysm’
    😐

• sultana

December 2, 2015 at 11:04 am

just wanted to state, royalty is not synonymous with polygamy. its a matter of choice. my own monarch, the Alake of Egba land is a medical doctor with one wife! Also, the olofa of Offa in Kwara State has just one wife and he’s even a muslim. These are 1st class monarchs so its a matter of choice to marry 2nd and 3rd wives…

15. Mabel

October 27, 2015 at 8:52 pm

Some of these comments though. I am sure BN added this new article to read juicy gossip..lol

16. jide

October 28, 2015 at 5:46 am

God is about to enllarge Eni, oopss kabiyesi’s coast. Awon side Chics have officially declared war. One daughter pere?

17. Ayelabola ALENIBOORO

December 10, 2015 at 12:42 am

kilode? NO CLEAN RICH PERSON FOR NAIJA. THAT IS A KNOWN FACT.