Scoop

First Photos: Genevieve Nnaji, Chigul, Ishaya Bako & More at the Abuja Premiere of ‘Road to Yesterday’

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Nollywood actress Genevieve Nnaji stepped out in a gorgeous pink dress for the Abuja premiere of her highly anticipated movie “Road to Yesterday”.

The premiere held on Wednesday, November 25th at the Silverbird Cinemas and it was an opportunity for movie lovers and Genevieve fans to see the movie for the first time in Abuja.

Director of the movie, Ishaya Bako and supporting actress Chigul were also spotted at the premiere.

See the first photos below.

Genevieve Nnaji

Brenda Ogbukaa

Jade Oshikoya & Ishaya Bako

Jade Oshikoya & Ishaya Bako

Photo Credit: Instagram – #RoadtoYesterday

1. Nne Umu Boys!

November 26, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Genevieve’s hair forever looking ‘unretouched’! Nne zuo nu relaxer biko! Ndewo.

• Beeeee

November 26, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Her hair is not relaxed. She’s natural

• nnenne

November 27, 2015 at 2:35 am

And natural by choice.

• Damilola

November 27, 2015 at 8:59 am

I met Genevieve twice and she was quite pleasant to me. I didn’t experience any bad attitude. However, the high standard or class she tries to portray is whatever.. Oh, I haven’t met the right guy yet and acting like she’s making all her money from her own real estate/business. BS, everybody and their mama knows the useless old politicians, rich men she’s associated/mess with. She doesn’t mess with small boys.

• Lara

November 27, 2015 at 12:06 pm

@Damilola, lets keep her personal life out of this, shall we? You said she was pleasant, end of. Am not a huge fan of Genny but if you havent walked in one’s shoes, dont judge them. Simple!

• linda

November 28, 2015 at 6:05 am

This is actually for Damilola. This is not the first time you appear to be “bothered” about how Genevieve makes her money. I’m going to assume you know the details of her real estate business and the accounts right? Well if you are bothered about it, why don’t you hop over to her IG page or twitter and repeat what you have already told us twice on this page, without anybody asking you. Genevieve is not on Bella Naija to hear you out. So please do go on her page if you are a woman enough and type you nonsense.

2. ATL's finest

November 26, 2015 at 4:14 pm

GENNY!!!!!!!! Always SLAYING.. This Diva Queen just can’t do no wrong & she’s aging gracefully???. I can’t get enough of her on the carpet most times; E- hugs & Kisses

P.S. Jennifer isn’t looking bad at all #BLACKchicksROCK#

3. patty

November 26, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Her beauty just hides her very bad attitude. she is not a nice person.

• Iso

November 26, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Sisi Yemmie is that you?

• Olanma

November 26, 2015 at 6:11 pm

ISO, what a stupid comment, can’t stand the way some of you reason. So because of Sisi Yemmy’s tweet, that automatically means the commenter is her? Use your brain. It’s no news that Genny has a HORRIBLE attitude towards her “fans”. Doesn’t mean because of Sisi Yemmy’s tweet, the BN commenter is automatically her. Genny is fine, but her attitude stinks. I don’t blame Genny, I blame you guys that go meet these “celebrities” in the 1st place. People who’re nothing think they’re something cause you guys run after their sorry asses. BN, you can screen my comment oh, you hear?!

• Shandi

November 26, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Bella Naja, why do you have this annoying attitude of screening people’s comments? Because you like a celebrity, if a negative but truthful comment is posted, you refuse to approve; why then is there an option for leaving comments? Do these “celebrities” give yall monthly allowance(s) ? You guys really need to quit the BS! Please, feel free to screen this too. This site has become an absolute joke.

• Jenny

November 26, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Very nasty attitude. I will not understand why people go up to her in the first place. Very snobbish and full of herself. I’m sorry but I do not consider these losers we have in Nigeria as celebrities. No matter how much “success” one has, or how beautiful they are, I cannot stand people with ridiculously horrible attitudes.

• Mz Titilitious

November 27, 2015 at 10:59 am

na wa oo cant believe this….

• Teris

November 28, 2015 at 5:55 pm

hehehe. and yet you deign to comment.
      someone releases a song or two, we love it, we talk about it, the persons track record and persona … BAM! we celebrate the person.
      such a one is a celebrity.

Giuliana Rancid may never have heard of the person but Naija and most of connected Africa has. really, if u no send Naija things and doings what the he** are u doing on this site?! or on the celebrity story pages?

SMH

4. Odi

November 26, 2015 at 5:39 pm

BN is not updating comments. Are you guys also celebrating thanksgiving or? It’s not like you get a lot of comments on your blog or something of that nature that causes the delay, and there are so many bn staff so what’s the problem? Laziness.

5. Bruno fierce Two

November 26, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Genny with the terrible attitude!Sizing people up first since 1882. Thank God for the opportunity he gave you honey. But like everything one fades with Tiome. Leave a good mark!

6. wendy

November 26, 2015 at 6:17 pm

May I know why BN have so many poor images from this priemier??

7. bliss

November 26, 2015 at 7:20 pm

Genevieve. fine woman. snotty attitude. I attest as well. hope you invest the money that comes your way very well. rubbing shoulders with the indimi’s et al doesn’t make u one of them. some of ‘them’ are even very humble. learn please.

8. AB

November 26, 2015 at 7:41 pm

hmmm…Ive heard alot about her attitude but dont want to belive it yet! She does look like a very nice person… But when too many people are saying the same thing there must be an element of truth in it! She looks nice anyway! Will be minding my biZness rather than asking for a picture if I ever get to see her one day! Not that i’m gagging to meet her! Nice event…

9. Felinda

November 26, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Finally we see THEM TOGETHER
    SO GORGEOUS 🙂 STUNNING

10. Mrs. T

November 26, 2015 at 8:01 pm

LOL, did you guys just realise? Stale news. Genevieve even has a filthy attitude towards her own colleagues. It’s no news. Babe is totally awful.

11. truth be told

November 26, 2015 at 8:11 pm

This premiere also looks drab but as usual BellaNaija will be deleting comments for her. Where are the people? Abi they are not good enough?Nice dress Genevieve but dry event.

• linda

November 26, 2015 at 9:54 pm

These are the first pictures taken from the Instagram pages of the invitees, not official pictures. So hold your horses M.s lie be told. And for those running their mouths, go to Hollywood and take pictures of your favourite celebs and see if one big bodyguard doesn’t come and swat you on the forehead.

• Exq

November 26, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Linda, shut up. You’re probably Genevieve, her friends or one of her pathetic groupies. This is the truth, deal with it. It’s no secret. I’ve heard many people say these things about her since I was in high school; people who’ve personally met her. These losers, because you see them on TV they’re “celebrities”? LOL! Some of you “fans” are even more successful than them- financially. It’s you guys that are silly for following them up and down and even going to meet them in the 1st place. No offense, but they’re nothing to me. You’ll make nonetities actually feel they’re something. Very soon the joker will be “nice” and tell you guys to vote for her for AMVCA, Lol no wonder Jackie Appiah beat her in the 2013 AMVCA awards. What an asswipe. Attaching yourself to the Indimi’s doesn’t make you something or an elite, sit down. BN, make sure you screen oh.

• linda

November 26, 2015 at 10:50 pm

The event was strictly by invitation and not open to the general publi

12. lcc

November 26, 2015 at 9:03 pm

but this is the bitter truth, Genevieve has a very nasty attitude towards people… she has that “i don’t care attitude” which to an extent is good but hers is just nasty and belittling. I’ve never really been one who goes all out praising or asking for pics from celebrity(s) cause at the end your making them big and making yourself small. when sisi yemmie was narrating her story i just laughed cause she’s always been like that.
    bella naija if you like don’t post it oh!!! i just had to say my mind since people are just realising!!

• linda

November 26, 2015 at 10:16 pm

I suppose like every other person who has commented on the blog, you have also had an “encounter” with Genevieve. Care to share where you met her. Una well done oo. Continue with your story telling based on Sisi Yemmie’s encounter

• Quiss

November 26, 2015 at 11:10 pm

Linda, give it a rest already. Be quiet!

• george

November 27, 2015 at 7:29 am

and u are talking from what experience ? stop saying rubbish or rather speak for your self and mr or is it mrs exq, chill before you die of hatred cuz its obvious, wetin you go bring AMVCA inside so ppl who lose at awards have trashy attitude ehh?? then kate winslet would not have been existing cus dhe lost at so many OSCARS before even getting d first

• Exq

November 27, 2015 at 12:48 pm

You’re just pathetic.

13. karl

November 26, 2015 at 9:07 pm

all of you saying trash cause one blogger said this or that about genny,lol, where u guys there? or is it because we just heard one side and of course i dont expect genevieve to respond cuz i know bloggers are so cunny with their stories and for u guys saying hollywood is the place to go for fan pics , u will be sorry to be rejected not just because ur afan but ur colour or do you think all d high profile celebs in hollywood take fan pics? and for us calling our celebs losers why DID WE EVEN MAKE THEM CELEB IN THE FIRST PLACE IS THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION? if u cant answer dat then shut up, ONLY SISI YEMMIE OR WHAT HER NAME IS KNEW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. im even camerronian but ive taken a picture with your GENEVIEVE without her giving me attitude or every one has his or her opinion

• BlueEyed

November 27, 2015 at 9:14 am

@Karl please have several seats, plenty high profile Hollywood celebrities take pictures all the time from Beyoncé to Angelina Jolie, Be snobbish Na see whether Americans will give a f- about you. Taylor Swift can buy Genevieve’s entire community but her last two albums she sought the approval of her fans, brought them in for a private listen,Kim Kardashian would be in Latvia and still take photos with her fans, name the A-list actors and actresses that don’t take pictures with their fans at a movie premiere??
      As for this post, that dress couldn’t have been more uglier, looks like a failed project runway outfit. That dress is more disappointing than her attitude to me.

• anonymous

November 27, 2015 at 11:57 am

hahahaha, is dat all?? ok, shes still nollywoods sweetheart , HATER!!!!!

• ada

November 27, 2015 at 12:01 pm

so are you saying beyonce , taylor swift and the other ppl you called take pics with eveyone dat come their way?? google and see, and genny was not obliged to take pics with d so call blogger or any one of u who say trash, a fan could still be a killer or a real HATER ,no be by force yaaa, lol

• Nkechi

November 27, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Ada and Anonymous*** your pathetic behavior made me tips my own name, SMH.

• Ace

November 27, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Come o…
      Blue Eyes, Linda and the lot of youa running your mouths on BellaNaija please answer this question for me….Is Geneva eve Nnaji even remotely aware of your existence so 😀 we unable wan due on top her attitude or nae…..Na was o!
      Btw sef, i suggest you open a ‘GenevieveHaters’ club with Blessing Egbe. That one no see food chop for house, she dey wait make Genevieve feed her ……
      Bunch of loses ol’ya. Leave her alone because it’s how shes representING attitude or not SMH.

• Nkechi

November 27, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Ada and Nkechi, posting as the same person; the avatar exposed your sorry ass. Well, guess what? Genevieve isn’t Taylor or Beyoncé and can never be. Of course, Beyoncé can’t take photos with EVERY fan she comes across, but she doesn’t have a filthy attitude like Genevieve who isn’t even worth up to Taylor and Beyoncé’s assistants or housekeepers. A nasty attitude will not take you far in life.

• anonymous

November 27, 2015 at 2:26 pm

shut up , why mention house girl or what is ur criteria to qualify her for dat?? u see dat u also thing desame way thus u dont even practice what u say, ur a hypocrite so get out and stop forming good attitude

14. paul

November 26, 2015 at 9:13 pm

MR TRUTH BE TOLD? dont you know this is the third premiere of this film after the star studded lagos premiere?? premiering in Abuja is just a marketting strategy for better cinema box so chill already and appreciate nigerias most famous actress and im talking from experience cuz im kenyan

• truthbetold

November 27, 2015 at 9:25 am

Attacking those who have a view point will not make you Nollywood actors and actresses more famous. Instead of attacking people here, spend your money controlling deep esteem issues your client has. Thinking that she can get more popular by snubbing people is stupid.

15. karl

November 26, 2015 at 9:21 pm

abeg wuna leave ppl with ssisi yemmie this that, only her knows what really happened and of genny ill not reply so shes free to talk trash, and for wuna way want go hollywood wuna go try cam tell we, leave us with our local champions as u say, funny though cuz na we make them celebs

• chuckleberry

November 26, 2015 at 10:55 pm

What the heck are you saying. ??? … English is certainly not your thing but at least try and coordinate your pigin……. total knockout !!!!!!

• Quiss

November 26, 2015 at 11:12 pm

1st of all, I couldn’t make sense of what you typed. Is that English, Swahili or a new language you invented? Your comment is incomprehensible. Also, you didn’t have to comment as Karl and Paul, the avatar exposed you.

• linda

November 27, 2015 at 12:57 am

You must have missed your way. Do you pay for my internet? I will comment as much as I want to. Now scram

16. Bowl

November 27, 2015 at 2:04 am

I can understand where all this hatred is coming from. A deep jealousy for power of Genny’ s person. I bet we would all like to command the kind of attention her person controls. Genny is no mean actress by all standards.the whole of this attitude is due to the patina of her person. As for Sisi Yemi, I don’t know when declining to take pictures with somebody is an issue. The goodnews is Genny wil remain more powerfully relevant in the schemes of things in the years to come. We are yet to see a comparable replacement.You can all sheat your smelly jealous swords ,for whom God has appointed lord over you wil remain so except He says otherwise.

• linda

November 27, 2015 at 4:56 am

Going back to what Sisi_Yemmie said, Genevieve told her to come to the premiere for the selfie. Mind you, the premiere is by invitation only. So I think Genevieve was actually extending an invitation to Sissie_Yemmie.. In my opinion, if she was trying to dismiss her like Sissie-Yemmie thought she would have simply said no without telling her to come for the premiere

• seun

November 27, 2015 at 6:00 am

Oponu ayerada. Talking about a mediocre actress that doesnt give a rats ass about you. Lol. Relevance and power? Flopvieve? you gotta kidding me.??

• Cindy

November 27, 2015 at 8:29 am

“Who God has made lord over you?” Is she the president of Nigeria? This is the most hilarious thing I’ve read in a while. Anyway, me I am indifferent even though I love Sisi Yemmie. There are two sides to a story. I’ve never been a fan of Genny so I cannot say much.

• Desert Rainbow

November 27, 2015 at 9:29 am

Easy oh…Lord kwa?

• Who?

November 27, 2015 at 9:50 am

“whom God has appointed lord over you ”

O ga oooh. Just over Genny has become “whom God has appointed over you”. Appointed over who? Is she a president or governor? This ya comment get as e be. Maybe Genny has been appointed over YOU but certainly not over me or anyone else I know.

17. me

November 27, 2015 at 3:24 am

Believe it or not… this is so true. I remember when Francis Agu (God rest his soul) and another colleague came to my family house… they said the same thing. As a little girl, so crazy about genny, I discredited them, saying they only wanted to slander her name because she won’t sleep with them. Fast forward 14 years later, I meet her one on one…… she seemed alright at first, till we got to our destination, she didn’t want to say as much as Hi to her colleagues, not even to the person that invited her… she made her colleagues look like helps to me and the people around me. Wooooow. The way she m……O well, I believe she moved like a queen on set… she must have her reasons….. For me, right now I don’t look up to any celebrity… I am my biggest competitor… be better than yesterday… but if I were to name one successful actress I respect, it will have to be Kate Henshaw….. very much down to earth.

• nnenne

November 27, 2015 at 11:50 pm

@ me…. Good to know Kate Henshaw is nice.
      When I go to the movies though, am only looking for an actress that can act .Period!
      I don’t live with them and don’t care about their private life.

18. linda

November 27, 2015 at 5:03 am

And to Esq, pray tell exactly how has she attached herself to the Indimis? The way you people spew rubbish on this blog, ehh. It’s as if you are privy to her life. You saw a picture of her at an Indimi wedding and suddenly she’s attaching herself? Honey, people go to wedding all the time when they are invited, Calm yourself. You sound like th ass-wipe you are accusing her to be.. And yes I’m a fan. Duhh. Isn’t that obvious?

• Abk

November 27, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Linda, or should I say Genny? Please shut up already, like you’re sounding like a broken record. On this post, is Exq the only person that has linked Genny to the Indimi’s? You’re not only delusional and closed-minded; you’re also blind. Please enough with your BS.

19. linda

November 27, 2015 at 5:18 am

@Exq Finally your comments and opinions are not bullets. What have you achieved in your life to call another human being a non-entity. Kai. I feel pity for you. That someone is an actor does not make the person useless or a lesser mortal than you in any way.. Be ashamed of yourself. Your protection is that anonymity you are hiding under.. If it were to be removed, I bet you couldn;t type half of what you have typed. And again I ask, who are you and what have you done with your life to look down on another?

• Exq

November 27, 2015 at 12:46 pm

What have I achieved? More than you and your generation will ever achieve.
      What a jerk, from mere comments I’ve posted p; you can analyze what and what not I have achieved? You’re a cretin, please apply to be Genevieve’s assistant, you are just as nasty and filthy mouthed as she is.
      Bella Naija, please feel free not to approve my comment.

• Ace

November 27, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Up Linda!!!! God bless you for putting thesee REAL LOSES IN THEIR PROPER PLACE!

Demail no get work….

20. Qwerty

November 27, 2015 at 5:22 am

Proud of my Kaduna Grays peps…2 of u on the front page of BN. Ishaya and Busola. Go Gicsmit!!

21. ayi

November 27, 2015 at 5:59 am

@linda and bowl,you know its because of people like you that the so called celebrities feel they are important and relevant.. Genny has a nasty and stinky attitude take it or leave it.and bowl or whatever your name is abi na spoon and plate plus cup be your name.sorry not everyone is envious of her like you think.we have more successful people but they are still humble and approachable, Genny and other so called celebrities never knew they will get to this extet of even been famous so they now think so highly of themselves…what does she have that others haven’t achieved or even better than her?BN if you like screen my comment

• george

November 27, 2015 at 11:03 am

ur comment has no impact so no need to be screened, lol, she is still nollywoods sweetheart, take it or leave it

• Nkechi

November 27, 2015 at 12:42 pm

George, please shut up. You’re probably one of the losers who kiss her ass and make her feel like she’s something. No doubt, she’s pretty but she’s really nasty, her fans and even her colleagues can attest to that. And to the idiot attacking Sisi Yemmie, she didn’t go and meet her for a picture, from her tweets she said she was very excited and went to say hello with her baby and got humiliated. Even if you like someone, you shouldn’t support what is clearly wrong; well you guys kiss her ass. This girl is a nobody, sleeping with politicians and old men for money and following rich people up and down doesn’t make you an elite, Genny. Change your ways. That’s why your clothing line and the little small businesses you have are an epic fail as no one will patronize you as a result of your awful and pesky attitude. I mean, look at the AMVCA of 2013; you were 100% sure you would win and even wore 2 outfits, but because you have a HORRIBLE attitude and cause it was viewers choice, you lost to Jackie Appiah; which she deserved anyway. If you like don’t change, and you groupies, you guys can continue to side her. BN, hide this comment too oh. Smh, you guys have also become really disappointing these days.

• george

November 27, 2015 at 1:08 pm

NKECHI, ur just jealous and there is no need cuz ur jealousy dosent reach her ears so stop before you die of it, talking rubbish , na ur papa she sleep , u have a corrupt mind does you do exactly what you think of others,

22. Jadore

November 27, 2015 at 6:09 am

Genevieve is very rude and disrespectful. I’m speaking based on my encounter with her. This event happened in 2004 and I have promised myself that if I ever meet any of these Village Champion celebrities, ( Lol! This is what I call them) I will keep it moving and act like they are nobody. Back to my story. I met Genny in 2004 when they all came to America, Washington DC for an award. They had an after party at the Nigerian Embassy in DC and it was only for a selected people. My uncle works at the Embassy, so he got free tickets for my sisters, friends and I. I saw Genny and stupid me was so excited and I went up to her. She looked at me, like she was sizing me up and she eyed me. She was eating too, so I was so nervous and I mistakenly kicked her water while I was walking in shame. Genny was like excuse you and she just kept eyeing me. I was only 18 years old at the time. I apologized, but she was so mean. I promised I will never go up to her or any of her colleagues. My sisters were now laughing at me saying why did you even go up to her. Chai I regretted it. My brothers still make fun of me. It was so embarrassing. I felt like maybe, I had poop on me because of the way she treated me. Have seen few of her colleagues and I just ignore them all because of the way Genevieve treated me.

• linda

November 27, 2015 at 10:21 am

You approached somebody who was eating,, knocked over her glass and expected what exactly. A medal?

• Mz Titilitious

November 27, 2015 at 11:04 am

was it intentional? abegi!
      me sef i be celeb dats y i dont go and meet them when i see them cnt even deal with any embarrassment

• Who?

November 27, 2015 at 11:10 am

You are a very nasty person as well linda. This your statement says it all.
      For a nervous 18 year old who mistakenly knocked her glass over, the best you can say is “…expected what exactly. A medal?” I pity people like you who think they are all that / have “arrived”. The humbling experience is on its way, keep on being nasty bae, keep on.

• J'adore

November 27, 2015 at 2:43 pm

I can tell you are just as rude has your local Idol. Lmao. So continue kissing her flat butt. I was young and nervous. I did not want to take a picture with her; I just wanted to say hi. Even after the way she treated me, I still enjoy watching her movies; however, I will never approach her and her Colleagues. I’m not mad because I don’t really care anymore because have since moved on. Most of this celebrities are so broke and don’t even make money from acting. They make money doing other things. @Queen of Everything. I’m not mad cos I don’t even care. Have so moved on. I have a great and a wonderful life with my siblings, Husband and a son, so I could care less about Genny. Like someone said most of these celebrities are broke. And I have friends and know people who are into entertainment.

Last year I went to my friend’s wedding in Baltimore MD who is related to Mike Ezonronye. Everyone at the wedding was even laughing at him. Because he was doing too much and nobody even cared. My friend made him give the toast or something like that. He said something about in the acting world. My husband was like boy no one cares about them low budget movies. I was just laughing. I really don’t care about these People. They are at the bottom of the barrel struggling to make ends meet. LMAO so keep thinking I care. I only mentioned it because people finally realized who she really is. So I only just mentioned my own encounter with her.

• Queen of Everything

November 27, 2015 at 10:45 am

And 11 years later you’re still mad? Pele

• jide

November 27, 2015 at 11:04 am

stop telling lies madame, it willtake you no where

• Lara

November 27, 2015 at 12:13 pm

I understand how you might feel Jadore, but remember we’re all humans, i sometimes feel very stressed and not in the mood for anything. That’s probably when you met her. Maybe if you saw her today and explained that encounter you never know how she’ll react. That one encounter doesnt mean shes a bad person. If you’ve had two encounters in like manner, then yes!

• Josephine

November 27, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Jadore, I wasn’t going to add a comment till I read your own. Almost the same thing happened to me when I saw her at a fashion designer’s shop years ago. I was young and excited to see her. She treated me as if I was smelling. Then one of the Abiolas walked in and she actually stood up and introduced herself.

• The Actor

November 27, 2015 at 10:55 pm

Hi Jadore,

I was glancing through this post and its comments and only felt the need to address yours. You seem like a pretty well educated and exposed person and it’s quite obvious you felt slighted by the incident you reported. I’m truly sorry about your experience with the actress involved and as a fellow actor I think it’s rather unfortunate that people would have such an opinion of her character/attitude, whether true or not, to each his (or her) own.

However what I cannot understand is the generalisation you have adopted regarding the entire industry and it’s practitioners as observed in this and your other comments. In fact it is quite distasteful and ungracious of you – not particularly different from the complaint you have just made of someone else. Would you deride an entire industry for one person’s misdeeds? Will you go to a McDona;d’s, get bad service and declare all their staff are A**holes???

Whatever you may think please respect the fact that the majority of Nollywood practitioners are very gracious, hardworking and well mannered people and do not deserve to be spoken about like this – it’s simply not fair! I love my job, my craft, and chose it out of other options mainly because it’s the one thing I find the most joy and satisfaction doing. It is a honourable career to be an entertainer – some of us even regard it as a ministry to spread aspirational ideas to and about our country and its citizens hence my refusal to let anyone make derogatory statements about my industry, colleagues and I. This message goes to everyone out there who shares your unkind perspective.

Thank you for your time.

The Actor

p.s.. Please observe how, even though I disagree with your view points, I have managed to state my grievance yet refrained from insulting you. It is because I respect you as a fellow human being – it doesn’t matter if you are richer, poorer, more or less educated, a local champion or a you live in the diaspora.

23. chinwe

November 27, 2015 at 6:39 am

And after making bad comments about others, you don’t get a credit alert,and they don’t get debited, why being negative.

24. john

November 27, 2015 at 7:33 am

whether we go uu ,then jump bk down , we have no other genevieve nnaji, shes the best by far with her status. no other has her carriage so lets chill cuz we have still got many more years to celebrate this GOD sent for our generation

25. Amh

November 27, 2015 at 9:49 am

Which attention does she command? You must be high.

• linda

November 27, 2015 at 10:59 am

The attention for which she was awarded as a Member of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (MFR). The attention that gets CNN to interview her not once but three times. The attention that brings dignitaries to her events.
      Pray tell, what attention do you command?

• Mz Titilitious

November 27, 2015 at 11:05 am

lol… make she take am go heaven….

• baba driver

November 27, 2015 at 2:28 pm

exactly d attention u dont have thus ur d one high and on – i mean

26. Who?

November 27, 2015 at 10:47 am

Funny enough, no one has said such about Omotola. No smoke without fire in my opinion.
    Pride comes before a fall, Bowl/Linda, you better talk to your client before she ruins her career with her own hands. It costs nothing to be nice. Nothing at all.

• anonymous

November 27, 2015 at 11:36 am

you would said ur an omotola fan since na, i now get d point, now get this, julia roberts is not america or hollywoods sweetheart cus shes humble so genevieve blessings is just from GOD ,its natural, neither of us can fight it

• Ace

November 27, 2015 at 1:05 pm

“Who?
      This is for you and your GenevieveHaters club…..’Jealousy is the root of hatred…..by Evy Edna Ogholi Ogosi. Make unable too become celebrities make we see o! Free the hawt mama running tinz. ….her way, her time, her pace. She no send una, gerrit???

27. Bowl

November 27, 2015 at 11:20 am

It’s a pity , midgets never acknowledge the giants in others when they see it. Make una sit down dey drink jealous waters . As for Genny, once a super star, always a star. When She features in the next crappy movie, you cannot help but watch ,however you hate her because we all know there is something sublime about her. You can all continue on your overdose of that green substance. And I make bold to say again, we have not seen a comparable alternative. I rest my case here

28. Mz Titilitious

November 27, 2015 at 11:23 am

haaaa @@BN clap for u self uve screened my comments? na so una dey do and that’s very bad! mtweeeew!!!!!!!

29. mabel

November 27, 2015 at 11:28 am

All these people that have met Genny una plenty o. Lol. Ok you guys take a ‘hug’ on her behalf. . When you fill yourself with so much bile you age prematurely. Why do you want to take selfie with a celeb sef? Is she your friend? Na all these camera phones dem cause all dis things. You for go call photo to take una one shot.

• anonymous

November 27, 2015 at 11:53 am

exactly, they are just blowing things out of props here, when has dat become a crime or even rude or were they insulted?? haa!!!!

30. love you linda

November 27, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Lol my name says it all

31. Ace

November 27, 2015 at 1:15 pm

p Linda!!!! God bless you for putting thesee REAL LOSES IN THEIR PROPER PLACE! Dem no get work!

Genevieve carry and fire go! Nothing do you on, make all of them DIE on top your matter. …..hehehee 😀 😀 you are so relevant to these people they are willing to kill themselves ‘trying hard to bring you down…’ Dem kuku know say dem no fit.

32. Kassie

November 27, 2015 at 3:57 pm

@ john /genny You’re really delusional. There is a bigger more respectable actress in Nigeria than her/ you. Google is your friend since you’re so ignorant.

33. didizecks

November 27, 2015 at 4:10 pm

I’m so marveled at most of you,gosh!!!!! even those that have met her and those who haven’t , why all the lies?? She’s the sweetest person u can ever come across darlings, i was at the premiere and i have met her once before the abuja premiere, shes so free , so please cut her some slacks, even you, syou can’t please everyone. we all have our days. so abeg abeg abeg,

34. Cici

November 27, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Okay guys, it’s enough. Indeed, I remember the 2004 event in Washington DC, Jadore, your account is true. However, also remember Genevieve was very nervous, shy and overwhelmed with all the attention she was getting as a rising Nigerian star when she came to the USA, I believe it was her first time of traveling outside Nigeria, so do not take it out all on her.

Anyway, as for the rest you that are trying so hard to tear down this lady. Please stop. I will suggest you all go make the most of your lives and hustle like she did. Nothing goes for nothing, stop hating get out of the comforts of your phone and computer screen and do something for yourselves. Stop trying to destroy another success and livelihood.

People like Genevieve and TuFace were actually the ones that set the pace for all this so new so called Naija boys and girls trying to be on your face to call them celebs. They set the standard, and since then others have hung on and even embraced the fact that they can make something out of their lives and not wait for the government to give them employment. Genny was a young unmarried mother and Tuface a school drop out, they knew they had no other choice but to work hard or sink, that was the only way, they did it and made it.

Therefore, find your own lane, some of you here have better opportunities than they had, some even are university graduates, Genevieve never had those, so what’s stopping you? Work hard and set the pace too for others to follow you too, stop hating.

Moreover, to advocate to her, there is a place you will reach in life you cannot mingle with everybody, or they will pull you down to where you have since left and do not want to return to. Leave her alone to handle her life as she sees fit, she has been taking care of it all this while and it has been working for her in fact she made it a success, let her be.

Finally, I understand jealousy is natural, but it is the higher man that conquers it, while the slave spirit gives in to it to destroy another. It is this same spirit of Jealousy/hate that made
    Cain kill Abel. Ask God for your own purpose and His favor, and conquer your jealousy. Peace.

35. george

November 27, 2015 at 4:22 pm

i just googled Nigerias most famous actress and in order i saw pics of GENEVIEVE NNAJI and the rest followed

36. aikay

November 27, 2015 at 9:09 pm

It’s a pity how people will hide their identity and spew rubbish and even lie to slander someone just to bring her down. When you are successful pple will always look for reasons to hate you and judge your action even the minutest one. Genny is one of the pioneer actresses in nollywood and she has over the years built her name and carrier and managed to stay scandal free. It’s so sad how we blacks don’t appreciate our own but always try to be negative towards our celebs all the time. The world knows genevieve whether you like it or not. She is the first name to come to mind when nollywood is mentioned anywhere in the world. Even oprah has interview her and she was branded the julia robert of Africa. So all of you having sleepless night over her attitude and life you may be surprised that she does not even have d time to read BN comments cos she is a super busy woman focused on her goals and objectives. Just keep on hating instead of looking for ways to draw inspiration frm her, it won’t get you all anywhere. Good night

37. Cherie

December 19, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Meanwhile, did anyone even notice her lovely dress? That’s all I can see. I mean the whole conversation should be about the event and not her attitude. Or was the attitude also displayed on red carpet?