News

He Lost His 4 Children in 1 Day – Heartbreak for Mudslide Victims’ Father

BellaNaija.com

A 50 year old Nigerian Policeman lost has 4 children in a mudslide which occurred on Saturday in Orisha Community, Magodo, Isheri, Lagos.

Heavy rains during the preceding days are said to have caused the tragic incident.

The father of the victims identified as Sylva, 23 Sayo, 15, Clinton, 13 and Endurance, 8 said to Punch Newspaper‘s correspondent “By 3am, I wake up every day to prepare for work. That is the time I also wake them up. But since today is Saturday, I did not bother to do that. I still saw them sleeping as I prepared myself for work.

I was in the parlour when I heard a loud noise. My four children just died like that. God, what is my offence? What did I do wrong? Four children in one day?! I am supposed to die in their place. I must have sinned. I don’t even know what I am still doing alive.”

He can be seen visibly shaken in this video clip as he mourns the death of his precious children.

1. NK

November 9, 2015 at 9:00 am

Let God comfort you. There is nothing else i can tell you. This is really too much to bear, i honestly dont see him surviving such a trauma. OMG, Am crying so much. Why would this happen??? Just why???

2. kenora

November 9, 2015 at 9:22 am

This is so sad .. 4 kids in one day . My God strengthen him

3. nmadeevah

November 9, 2015 at 9:25 am

Oh Lord God, pls comfort this man and his wife, show them that u can do all things, turn this sorrow to great joy and may the soul of the departed, rest in eternal peace. Chai, this is too sad.

4. Ozyy

November 9, 2015 at 10:11 am

I can never imagineee d agony…..beyond sad. I was just telling my parents that I keep thinking of the fam that lost their kids in the sosoliso crash n how nxt mth wuld make it 10 years….one can neva understand the kind of pain and confusion the remaining members of this fam will be in…GOD pls comfort them for its hard………toooo sadddd walahhhh.

5. nene+

November 9, 2015 at 10:41 am

Sad!!!!!!!!!!! I still saw houses around those areas hanging!
    Please dear people who live in such areas please consider moving away fast!

May God console this man as he should be closely monitored not to kill himself!

No one except God can console him. Sad

6. Tosin

November 9, 2015 at 11:35 am

oh Lord.
    so sorry.

7. chyco

November 9, 2015 at 12:09 pm

It’s difficult to endure but God Almighty give you the grace to endure such a great loss.

8. jessy ukaobi

November 9, 2015 at 8:32 pm

This pain is unbearable! Where are they supposed to start from? I mean this is the kind of pain ONLY GOD CAN HEAL! That’s just the bad thing about our poor and dysfunctional system: until we loose precious lives, our agencies will pretend not to see the poor standards that look at us in the face. Who gave the approval for that house to be built. This is what happens when we have people who do not uphold the ethics and standards of their profession in government agencies. What a waste!

9. Sad

November 10, 2015 at 12:10 am

May their soul Rest in Peace.
    The Lord God will comfort him.
    I believe blessings will come your way, your story will change and may all your pain be turned to joy.

10. Someborri

November 10, 2015 at 10:02 am

Awful. Just awful. And yet, life goes on. Chai! 4 sons in one fell swoop!!!! Na wa o. Dear Lord, since you allowed this to happen please just comfort this family because only you can.

11. Mz Titilitious