Scoop

Ini Edo opens up about her major Weight Loss

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

imageNollywood actress Ini Edo took to Instagram to advice her fans not to bow to societal pressures especially when it comes to body image as society will always have something to say.

Musing her recent weight loss as an example, she explained that you should only make changes to your body for yourself.

We definitely agree with her.

See what she posted below:

This is to all of my loyal fans who have had weight concerns… There’s been lots of questions thrown at me via social media n beyond about my weight loss . As much as i do not live my life based on any ones dictate, am also a realist. Now, I’ve always said this and proud of it, I was born chubby. I’ve been that way for years. Had all d major endorsement deals , acted in over 300 movies in that my chubby state and most of you accepted me like that cos all I had or came to offer was the talent God gave me. Ur size or shape doesn’t determine who you are, how successful u can be or how acceptable u will be. The world will always be unsatisfied with what ever situation u present to them. Ini… Ur too fat ohhh she’s too slim kilodeeeeee ???? My point is.. Be urself once ur happy with urself, everything else is inconsequential. We all have our individual problems. Some people find succor in social media by playing ghost and spitting flames in de dark to mask their bitterness. Don’t look at them. Take care of urself. What I did? I hit de gym, reduced my carb to de barest minimum, lots of green tea n lemon and detox. It’s extreme discipline. I had Thai noodles today and seafood wooooh I enjoyed it. Hmmm yea too much carbs but it is what is. However, if u loose weight to impress anyone, u will be depressed cos after all of that hard work, those complaints will take the direct opposite dimension. Lesson is … Love urself cos world people WILL ALWAYS have something to say. It’s standard.

Photos from Ini’s Recent Shoot with Kelechi Amadi Obi
Ini Edo Weightloss Shoot BellaNaija 2015 1

Ini Edo Weightloss Shoot BellaNaija 2015 2

Ini Edo Weightloss Shoot BellaNaija 2015 3

Ini Edo Weightloss Shoot BellaNaija 2015 4

Ini Edo Weightloss Shoot BellaNaija 2015 5

Ini Edo Weightloss Shoot BellaNaija 2015 6

1. Felicia

December 5, 2015 at 7:46 am

She was never fat before honestly ? I she just waist trained that’s all
    And this is not the first time she is loosing weight lol lets give her 3months and she will be back to normal
    When you loose weight please never ever hype it or make it seem like it’s a big deal nothing last forever
    Now Ini edo take a seat and go sit down you are not a diet expert ✌?️
    Instagram created all these weightloss madness and hot body craze. It’s not that serious , I support eating healthy and working out just don’t put it out there and make it a big deal
    God bless you all

• AW

December 5, 2015 at 8:40 am

Wow! This is amazingggggg! You are exactly who she talked about in her post! Couldn’t you have proved her wrong by just keeping quiet?

• Tina

December 5, 2015 at 8:46 am

She looks good either way

• mrs chidukane

December 5, 2015 at 9:15 am

This your comment rubs me the wrong way. Telling her to take a seat and all, that’s really trying to shut her voice. Even if she gains the weight back it’s ok. All she’s saying is be happy with yourself and do you. I don’t think she needs to be a diet expert to say that.

• Ada Nnewi

December 5, 2015 at 9:22 am

I’m sure you are fat and miserable. ..

• elsa

December 5, 2015 at 9:56 am

Byeee felicia!!!

• Corolla

December 5, 2015 at 10:42 am

@ felicia Thanks for proving her point. Human beings will always b bitter and be negative. #ByeFelicia

• Ebere

December 5, 2015 at 10:52 am

Well if you support eating healthy and working out, you are not a celebrity and you have no audience, so “take a seat” listen to someone who has an audience and can use her position and experience as a celebrity to help another in need……

• ayedun

December 5, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Lol why the anger

2. judith

December 5, 2015 at 7:52 am

Well said Ini… love urself 1st then others cos no matter Wat u do, Pple wld always complain… u look good by d way…. keep it going gal

3. HHHH

December 5, 2015 at 8:10 am

I certainly agree with her about doing things for yourself. That is very important. Like yourself for you, because if you don’t, who will?

4. beauty

December 5, 2015 at 11:35 am

Love yourself always no matter what, thanks Ini…

5. Lilo

December 5, 2015 at 12:29 pm

I agree with the first poster – this is not the first time Ini has dropped a few lbs. plus she was never fat o why can’t we hear word again?

6. Mercy

December 5, 2015 at 1:27 pm

If you fat them go talk, u slim nko them go talk, abeg do your thing…………… luv u Ini

7. Blueberry

December 5, 2015 at 1:45 pm

In other words, remove the log in your eye before trying to remove the speck in your neighbour’s eye. Keep going Ini. People will always do what they know best, TALK.

8. honeymix...

December 5, 2015 at 3:56 pm

I think she is trying to justify herself for losing weight. Maybe because people came out at her for being fat and and she is saying ‘I have lost weight now, deal with it’. My own opinion though.

9. Haniel Jack

December 5, 2015 at 5:43 pm

@Felicia is people like you she is taking about, please go get a life and stop this nonsense

10. bii

December 5, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Luv ur self is all cliche… What if yourself is only luved when you happy pple luv u? Anyway, society should not dictate, yet she lost her own weight??? How convenient

11. momo karbo.

December 5, 2015 at 7:48 pm

First, Ini was never overweight. She was and will continue to be a stout beautiful African GODDESS, just like my millions of beautiful African Goddesses. There’s is a great difference between stoutness and being overweight. In the olden days, we worship our stout beautiful African Goddesses, and some of us still do. Been debunking this myth about low carb diet since coming to the diaspora, it’s a bloody myth. I still eat garri, fufu, and rice every day, and i am not overweight. My advice is, eat your African food, and see what it does for you. All these protein craze fad diets, are a western stupid madness. Cook your own African food, not all these gmos poisonous foods, you now buy in your supermarkets. In terms of exercise, try taking a walk immediately after dinner, and see what happens. Power to all my true African Goddesses. We love you stout.

• hmmmmm

December 6, 2015 at 8:30 am

When you take a walk after dinner, you don’t loose weight rather you prevent blood from circulating around your digestive system..to digest your food properly which is not good..
      The side effects is that the fat in your food doesn’t burn immediately it would go and store up in your adipose tissues to come up when you don’t even expect..

• KMT

December 6, 2015 at 2:16 pm

Really!!!!!!?

12. Felinda

December 5, 2015 at 8:58 pm

I swear they are some miserable b- in this world and Felicia or whatever you call her just ust proved it. That’s like when youtuber peakmill surprised every one with her husband and new baby, instead of simple congratulations come see winches like Felicia talking shyt. Congratulations or simple well done is not that hard to utter. And then you wonder why your blessings are blocked

13. Mostest

December 5, 2015 at 11:01 pm

So ini and her bff rukky want to say they didn’t get work done?

14. Cynthia

December 6, 2015 at 8:13 am

Please I want to loose 57kg

15. HOUSe OF ZINO

December 6, 2015 at 11:10 am

Amazing how pple loose weight and gain more after 2 months….LESSON: remain FAT if you are FAT,

16. lc

December 6, 2015 at 1:42 pm

wow… (remain fat if your fat). that statement of yours is so silly!!! you have no idea what it take to maintain your weight especially when you put on weight fast!!! but on the side note i wouldn’t be surprise if ini eco did some work around her stomach area not that theres anything wrong with that.

17. KMT

December 6, 2015 at 2:14 pm

She’s not trying to prove ANYTHING, she’s just expressing how she feels. It’s not her fault you nosey over analytical obsessing cretins got to stalk her all over social media. Instead of hounding her why don’t you go update your profiles for the viewing pleasure of your 2 friends on Facebook KMT.

18. tomi

December 6, 2015 at 2:18 pm

if you are fat, thats how you are; you’ll always remain a fat person. the issue is: dont just get over-blown. i guess she is a fat girl, she should just be cool with it…

• Mophunk

December 6, 2015 at 4:52 pm

But she’s said that herself :that she was born chubby. Why are you peeps talking like you’re the ones making her see that.

19. Joshua A

December 6, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Beautiful..

20. adeleke b

December 6, 2015 at 3:31 pm

wow beautiful

21. Nicole

December 6, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Just beautiful girl……..Only witches and wizard can find fault in someone expressing herself

• KMT

December 6, 2015 at 6:49 pm

You can say that again!

22. Nicole

December 6, 2015 at 6:26 pm

Love what she had to say. She’s beautiful at any size.