News

Ooni of Ife’s Only Child 21 Year Old Princess Adeola Opens Up about her Life & Parents

BellaNaija.com

Ooni of Ife's Daighter_Princess Adeola Ogunwusi 2The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi had his first and only child, daughter Adeola Aanuoluwapo Ogunwusi when he was a teenager – at 19 years old.

The 21 year old UCLUniversity College London Masters student, now a Princess, recently spoke to City People about how life has changed since the coronation.

She grew up in Ibadan, and went to AUN – American University of Nigeria in Yola for a year, before moving to the UK. She is currently getting a Masters in Urban Economic Development.Ooni of Ife's Daighter_Princess Adeola OgunwusiOn Her Dad Becoming King
“To be honest I didn’t really understand what was going on … It all happened too fast.
You know before my dad was announced as the Ooni of Ife, he was at my graduation ceremony (at University of Manchester) in July and everything was still pretty normal. By normal I mean nothing much had changed with my family since I last saw them. Then next thing I know, my dad is the Ooni of Ife and now I guess my definition of normal is about to change.”Ooni of Ife's Daighter_Princess Adeola Ogunwusi 3

The princess and her parents have a close bond, as they had her early and she is their only daughter. On their relationship, she says,

“Yeah my dad and I are close, it’s easy you know because he’s really cool and he just gets it. I couldn’t have asked for a better parent. He’s the best”.

City People: What sort of a dad is he?
Adeola: He’s like a permissive and authoritative dad. So while he allows me to express myself freely, he also values discipline.

City People: What are the lessons her dad taught you?
My dad taught me that when you combine hard work with humility, you will go places.

City People: How about your mum?
My mum is amazing. The relationship I have with both parents is quite similar really. I see my dad as that very supportive best friend and my mum as that older sister who has my back no matter what. She’s my cheerleader and the absolute best.

Lastly, they asked about her character.
City People: What sort of a person is Princess Adeola? Is she outgoing or reserved?
With me what you see is what you get really, I am a very simple person and I believe I am also kind and reserved.

1. ATL's finest

December 29, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Ok! She’s cute. Meanwhile, I’m just passing by.

2. kay

December 29, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Bella, you fit helep me with her mobile number?

• ToksF

February 19, 2016 at 5:38 pm

You wan take back door get Prince title?

• M'kem

March 13, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Oleeeeeeeee lol, eyes rolling.

3. X-Factor

December 29, 2015 at 7:22 pm

At 40, the ooni has a 21 year old child????

My Naughty Permutation
    40-21+= 19 years
    19 yrs – 9 months= 18 yrs 3 months
    Lai kin se Fulani, this guy was a badt guy!!! wallahi
    This wedding picture on Bella Naija, ( http://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Wedding-Day-Ooni.jpg) was he 18,19,20,21,22 years
    May be he has a baby mama….
    Some dude is about to date/ marry a royal blood oo…ghen ghen
    In a few years when she is about to get married, the Ooni go hammer ooo(trying to imagine cash gifts from Obasanjo, Tinubu, SW governors,Otedola,Otudeko,Subomi Balogun, Omisore et al choiii)
    ….Not my business really, just some “naughtymusings @ boredom.com”

Once again, Congrats to Kabiyesi and wishing you a most prosperous reign

• Osa

December 30, 2015 at 1:30 am

X factor you try in your analysis. lol

My own question is that is this Ooni’s current wife the mother of this 21 yr old young lady?
      if not, make ooni dey thank god say dem no terminate the pregnancy then o, as he for dey run from pillar to post looking for fruit of the womb by now

• Stephen

May 16, 2018 at 8:31 pm

You are just too good in natural arithmetic! Funny

4. Olabisi

December 29, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Ok

5. Dapsy

December 30, 2015 at 8:07 am

PS: She has been a princess since birth

6. mabel

December 30, 2015 at 10:03 am

She would be a Snow in GOT. Deola Snow.

7. SASSY/MOUTHY/CHEEKY

December 30, 2015 at 12:04 pm

@osa; watch ur mouth hun!!! are you married yet? just asking? are you God stop being jusgemental you comment was not necessary atall. How do you know that by now they will be looking for fruit of womb running from pillar to post, monkey!!! You so naive and think its only sexual intercourse that produce kids its God blessing you need to go and ask your parents hun. Always think before you type ok

• Osa

December 31, 2015 at 3:31 am

Calm down love. However, the ‘monkey’ part, I return to you one million times, and it cant ever even hit me, or mine. lai lai.
      My comment wasn’t insulting in any way – it just needed clarification. you on the other hand had to resort to a tirade of insults. Is it wrong to ‘thank God that a pregnancy was not terminated? Did I say ‘she’ for dey run from pillar to post? eessh, pls ponder well on comments before barging in on a thread – in response to what you percieve

8. ADEREMI OLUWAFEMI

February 10, 2016 at 11:42 pm

CONGRATS

9. M'kem

March 13, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Oleeeeeee lol eyes rolling

10. Prince David Adeola.

November 2, 2016 at 10:31 am

Princess I wish to know more about you can we mingle together and be friends. Join me on whatsapp with 07014192544 or email [email protected]

11. Blessing Udechukwu

September 6, 2017 at 8:35 am

Adeola,want to meet u,dear.

12. Adedayo Adelanke Adewusi

April 18, 2018 at 11:11 am

God knows best. Either you have a male or female child,both sex are awesome. Most important part is for our children to fulfil their purpose on earth. Adeola, you are born to be great!

13. Odugbesan sunday adetayo

July 19, 2018 at 7:06 pm

Wow. Like yesterday when we were together at iyana church, ibadan.