Scoop

Mercy Johnson displays #Snapback while Hubby speaks on Edo State Deputy Governorship

BellaNaija.com

Mercy Johnson 2016 1After Baby No. 3, superstar Nollywood actress Mercy Johnson is happily displaying the results of her fitness efforts.
The actress who is still in Maryland, USA after the birth of her baby, was jumping for joy and shared the photos on her Instagram page.
Mercy Johnson 2016 2
Mercy made it clear that she is not wearing a waist trainer by saying “Happy new week sweets.was jumping with my “arms trainer” since I forgot my waist trainer lol. Love y’all”

In other news, her husband Prince Odi Okojie has given more insight into his alleged efforts towards becoming the next Deputy Governor of Edo State.

Prince Odi Okojie Edo State 1

Read his statement below.
Prince Odi Okojie Edo State 2My attention has been drawn to various campaigns on-going online about the upcoming election in Edo State later this year. The campaign mainly by young people (youths) and students from Edo State and my local government, is that I should vie for the position of Deputy Governor in the state. This is based on the premise that since the party zoned deputy governorship slot to Edo Central where I am originally from, I should represent various interests in the area.

This is a gesture I appreciate; it is a good thing for people to recognise your good work and want you to serve especially when one has been supportive without being in government.

I want to make it clear that the position of deputy governorship is not a position one campaigns for, the party leaders alongside members chose who flies the party’s ticket alongside the governorship candidate. However, I am available to serve in whatever capacity the party wants me to serve. I am a loyal party member.

Most importantly, the people of Edo State deserve much more than what they are getting from the present government.

Good governance is not what is seen on the pages of newspapers, good governance reflects in the lives of the governed. People of Edo State can testify themselves if they have gotten the best from the present government. The people know they got the wrong end of the stick. Good governance is not PR, it is value-adding.

In whatever way things swing in Edo State, I am an interested stakeholder in the happenings in my state and a visionary individual who believes good leadership coupled with youthfulness can turn the whole of Nigeria and Edo State around without unnecessary noise.
I will continue to engage relevant stakeholders in Edo State regarding this matter.

I once again appreciate the various youth associations, students union, all the higher institutions in Edo State and women who want me to show interest in the upcoming election.

I will continue to help my people with or without political power as I have always done without being in government. I believe in the popular saying that, ‘ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country’.

1. kenya

January 26, 2016 at 7:30 am

who campaigns to be deputy governor? Ha!

• Eseosagie

January 26, 2016 at 2:38 pm

apparently Mercy johnsons husband lol

• Idomagirl

January 27, 2016 at 7:35 pm

He clearly wrote it there in the statement that that is not a position one campaigns for….

• voke

January 28, 2016 at 7:33 am

Was the man campaigning ?or didn’t u see it all started on social media. I too knw because your father no senior d man….why didn’t ur father make himself known or any member of ur family.

2. nene+

January 26, 2016 at 10:27 am

These actresses should take several seats… What’s with all the show as if the world is in a competition to loose weight after birth??? So all these I forgot my waist trainer, jumping with make is up unto what?

You put people who don’t have your body type under pressure imagine that some women who take you guys serious will start starving instead of nursing…. you all should get inside and be with your baby jare. Skipping and jumping with make up???? Abeg make una park well…

I wish your husband well on his political ambition!

• Celeste

January 26, 2016 at 10:52 am

Thank you @ nene+. You hit the nail real hard – skipping and jumping with makeup, lols.

Mercy should chill, her excessive attention seeking is getting irritating. BN is not helping matters, they put her show-off before her husband’s gist which is more important news. Congrats to her hubby, wish him success in his political endeavor.

• ATL's finest

January 26, 2016 at 1:12 pm

@ Nene+ God bless U!!! Besides, she’s still in the States & weight loss programs, options are everywhere. From pills, to teas, to Lipo etc. She needs to calm her tail down. Everyone’s body type is different.

• safiyanú idris

January 27, 2016 at 11:32 pm

how is she making other mothers feel insecure???? every woman wished to bounce back after delivery… n MJ is doing it n sharing how she lose weight. let no woman feel insecure

3. Kween

January 26, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Mercy is one hawt mama! gotta give it to her.

4. Calm down

January 26, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Na WA.. I don’t understand people sometimes. If she is fat, they will say ‘Mercy is bolocious’ if she is slim’ she is showing off too much and seeking attention’ *sigh. Can we please let the lady be and allow her to ‘enjoy’ herself. I remember when she had her first child, Purity. This lady did not hear word about her weight but that did not bother her at all, each mother to their own abeg. The ones that want to starve instead of nursing.. Make them dey starve nau.. It’s only a sensible mother that knows her child comes b4 her weight or anything. And also some people do well juggling losing weight and eating. So in conclusion, let’s encourage mothers to love their after birth bodies regardless of the weight and also encourage those who are trying to burn it out and also feeding the child. *bows out

• vok

January 26, 2016 at 10:20 pm

5. MamaD

January 26, 2016 at 12:38 pm

She is wearing waist trainer or some girdle abeg. All these show off to empress who please. Go and nurse your baby and shed weight gradually jare. No one will hand you any trophy.
    All the best to your husband on his political ambition.

6. Jenny

January 26, 2016 at 12:56 pm

I dey pity mercy ooooo.d first one na for children,he married d 2nd(mercy) for fame cos she is a celebrity.He will marry d 3rd.his political wife.mercy gear up

• Felic

February 13, 2016 at 5:57 pm

If he doesn’t marry a third wife, maybe u will get ur sister for him. Haters

7. lol

January 26, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Omotola, Omoni Oboli , Kate Middleton, jada pinkett, Genevieve, ireti Doyle, etc all have children abi?

Tiwa and Mercy the struggle is real. The trophy goes to non of you.

• voke

January 28, 2016 at 7:29 am

If she was fat u will still compare…goat

8. Sugar

January 26, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Yes, I agree with Nene. These actresses are lying so much. It is either Mercy has a waist trainer on or she did a tummy tuck. Mind you, It has not been long she had her THIRD BABY. She is in the States where all these things are available as long as you have the cash. I also live in the United States and I know exactly how things work over here. Who is she trying to fool that her tummy is that flat after having three kids? Mercy please give me a break!!! Keep your tail at home and concentrate on raising your children and support your husband in his political ambition. Not jumping up and down with make up claiming you are exercising. The struggle is real…

9. Uberhaute looks

January 26, 2016 at 4:41 pm

It’s possible. Pls lose your weight and watch your health plus that of your baby. It can be frustrating when you are too fat

Uberhautelooks.blogspot.com

10. voke

January 26, 2016 at 9:59 pm

U see many people don’t read to understand.the prince isn’t campaigning read again…u guys don’t Hv to b dramatic all the time when it comes to anything concerning mercy johnson.if u can’t read to understand tell someone to read to u and explain too.mercy johnson is now slim they said it’s tummy tuck…..when she’s fat they will say she’s tacky too fat to somehow too dis….how many years ago did d actresses u mentioned give birth..jealousy people……if u don’t want to comment dont……..blockheads

11. voke

January 26, 2016 at 10:06 pm

So bellanaija somebody cannot post pictures on ig again and become sarcastic in the status…………..she was just being sarcastic because people were asking her too much questions. On how she slimmed down……go an read what she wrote…dull [email protected] @[email protected] pity ur [email protected] ur family is irritating @atl finest now u knw everybody has different bodies. When she’s fat u didn’t knw…fool like [email protected] read t understand Nd @kenya too….reread that’s why u can’t be productive cos u re a dullard…….

12. Puzzles

January 27, 2016 at 7:30 am

Did any of you even read her husband’s statement? Na wa for una o.

The saddest part is that those bashing mercy are most likely wives and mothers themselves. I’m sure you guys would have been glad if she had ended up without children and divorced. One thing I admire about mercy is that she has proved many people (including me) wrong. A relative had the opportunity to act with her and her feedback about mercy was really good. She’s obviously very levelheaded, doesn’t send haters and loves being a mum.

Bitter people. This na 2016 o

13. Kd

January 27, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Just to educate some of you. A woman that has just recently had a baby is not a fit candidate for tummy tuck for at least a year after her delivery. Secondly, let us even assume that she was even fit to carry out a tummy tuck, you see that jump she made in that picture, she wont be able to do it. After a tummy tuck procedure, you cannot get involved in any exercise that will involve/engage your stomach/core muscles until after a year from the procedure unless you want to rip open the stitches and probably die. And yes, it is possible to have a flat stomach weeks after delivery. This is why women are advised to exercise and strengthen their stomach muscles before conception so that after pregnancy, their bellies are not flabby due to lack of tone because the stomach muscles act like an internal corset. As women come in different shapes and sizes and all, so do their bodily abilities do after pregnancy. So just because your left with a pooch after your own pregnancy does not mean it will be the same for other women. Become knowledgeable and stop making uneducated judgmental conclusions. And as for those who have a problem with her wearing makeup to gym, for all you know, she may have worked out in the evening after being out for the day with a made up face. I can relate to that.

• Idomagirl

January 27, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Exactly!!!!

• moddchick

May 25, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Totally agree, after I gave birth my stomach was flat again, people were asking me what happened how i did it etc. It just happened.. it’s the body makeup. some are just that way..stop bashing our fellow women…

14. Idomagirl

January 27, 2016 at 7:37 pm

It’s either people do not read or they do and do not understand what they read….

15. katty

January 28, 2016 at 8:48 pm

am even speechless because of people messages

16. frenzy

January 28, 2016 at 11:14 pm

Stop slapping my stomach….na mercy talk am ….get out wit ur winter shoe…na stil mercy lol she too de yab…wow dis mercy must b too beautiful to b yabbing peeps dis way oo

17. Jennifer

January 29, 2016 at 11:45 am

My luv carry go.u re still wow after baby 3 n will always be.dnt mind haters,all they want is for u to be out of shape so they can go after ur handsome.M.j abeg no give dem room for dat.use wateva u like n keep urself well shaped.haters can go to hell.my mercy is still super hot

18. Ashadollar-Bomval

March 27, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Mr&Mrs Okojie remain blessed in Jesus mighty name.

19. chibaz

March 27, 2016 at 9:54 pm

I think most the comments made here are made out of jealousy. They are really quite venomous. What’s the beef about people, can we all calm down..