Scoop

Ebony Stunner Sika Osei stars in the Maju Valentine Edit

BellaNaija Style

Sika COVERActress and Presenter, Sika Osei is sizzling in new photos from a fun and flirty Valentine’s Edit with womenswear line Maju. She is seen depicting various types of dates a woman can have to play for Valentine’s Day.

The Bride
Sika x Maju NEWLY WEDIn This All White Ensemble, Sika is a newly wed – who spends Valentine’s Day with her husband for the first time. She awaits her King at Home On Her Throne.

Feeling Blue
Sika x Maju Valentine FEELING BLUEThe Single Girl who dreads the idea of spending Valentine’s Day alone so she gets dressed up, but still eventually spends the day sulking on her couch.

First Date
Sika x Maju Valentine FIRST DATEWhen your first date happens to be on Valentine’s Day – you know you have to come in fierce and hot. Of course, you’re wearing Red 🙂

The Casual Day
Sika x Maju Valentine CASUALThe warm feeling because you had planned to have an easy and relaxed day for Valentine’s but you get bombarded with gifts anyway!

The Closet Moment
Sika x Maju Valentine CLOSETYou know when you’ve found the perfect dress for your date tonight and you’re ready and on time. The thought of the lovely evening ahead make you swoon.

Credits
Photography: @sunmisola_olorunnisola
Make Up: @yemisibamgboye for @l.o.g_cosmestics
Hair: @mjaes_hair
Styling/Creative Direction: @ozinna
Clothing : @shopmaju – available on www.shopmaju.com

1. Christian Sister

February 8, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Lord have mercy. I love Maju. I really do. Infact I just got myself some of their clothes. But most of these designs are exact copies, like all the way. That white lace dress wit the pleated slit bottom is an exact replica of selfpotrait’s dress..exact net-a-porter.com/product/643187/Self_Portrait/guipure-lace-and-crepe-maxi-dress-
    Even the red jumpsuit with the pleated side looks like a sisiano jumpsuit except the fringed part was exchanged for pleats in this case.
    Let’s fear God oh.
    Bn do post this comment, let these people take corrections biko,

• Kiiki

February 8, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Chei! Super Copy! How do they function knowing that they are early stealing exact designs??????
      If you want to copy (which I understand most “designers” do), biko were wayo!

At least, people like April by Kunbi ‘manage’ to copy with style. Oh boy! ???

• Ladybird

February 8, 2016 at 9:14 pm

woow,,,, I checked the photo.. its really an exact copy.people really need to learn how to create their own work. as someone who has interests in creativity/arts and crafts I am really sensitive about people who copy and stuff. I can’t imagine imagine what its like for fashion businesses out there who get their work copied all the time.
      Sika Osei looks great btw!

• Silo

February 9, 2016 at 12:28 am

While you make a valid point, Maju doesn’t claim to be a designer, she’s more like your topshop/Asos, plus her clothes are affordable. I really don’t see any problem with her making replicas, international stores do it and get away with it

• Christian Sister

February 9, 2016 at 9:03 am

Please don’t be that kind of human being that sees sumn is obviously black and calls it white. Even when the asos and zaras make a diluted version of a top designer’s work, its not an exact copy please. Yes you’ll get it was inspired from another desginer, but that’s about it.

• Ade

February 10, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Who is this beautiful lady? I think, I found my wife. I have a thing for ebony girls.

2. Tito

February 8, 2016 at 6:47 pm

I love Maju. And quite frankly I don’t really worry about them making replicas because they are more like high street fashion brands and do not form “couture” where you expect their clothes to be very unique. However my problem is the website. Shopping there is more frustrating than a slow laptop. It is terrible. You can’t even narrow down your search etc. I’ll just say no more. Btw Sika is a beauty.
    And as has now become the custom, I’ll like to appeal to BN to post my comment 🙂

3. winter

February 8, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Please can we all just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful this young woman is?

• 'Deola

February 8, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Omo lo mo yen o!
      Manspeak , she looks delicious, ha!

4. Caligula

February 8, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Nigerian Designers… Bootlegging other people’s works since 1960…hahaha. Yo where is the creativity, originality?

5. SugaMama

February 8, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Just look at this gorgoeousness and her gorgeous skin! I hope to see her in much more campaigns. LOVE her!

6. Unoriginal

February 8, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Is this a designer or glorified tailor? because that white dress is an imitation of self portrait’s dress and it looks tacky.

7. [email protected]

February 8, 2016 at 7:48 pm

I love Sika! I love Sika! Love, love Sika!
    I wish some of our Nigerian presenters that believe that they are presenters would watch this girl for a moment. She is intelligent and brilliant in what she does. The absolute best in Africa!
    Forgive me, I just really love Sika!

8. femi

February 8, 2016 at 8:00 pm

SIKA YOUR SKIN IS FROM HEAVEN.
    PURE BEAUTY.

9. Virginia's jolie

February 8, 2016 at 8:02 pm

yasssssssss slay slay slay ….. money osei

10. Wunmi

February 8, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Sika the black barbie???

11. !!!

February 8, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Sikas is one GORGEOUS woman and she comes off as genuinely warm and cheerful! New media crush!

12. King Bey

February 8, 2016 at 9:17 pm

She is too dark biko…where are my team light skinned girls?? All I see is copy and paste…Come on Maju you can do better than this

• Krasavitsa

February 8, 2016 at 10:21 pm

She is too dark???? Are you for real?! This is why more girls feel it’s ok to bleach – because some people that have warped ideals of beauty think there’s such a thing as being “too dark”. How sad.

• I just waka come...

February 8, 2016 at 11:07 pm

‘Too dark’?
      The only thing dark here is your mind.
      Of course I understand that it is your opinion
      and I completely respect that.
      Just as I ‘m sure you respect mine.

• hezekina pollutina

February 9, 2016 at 8:35 am

hehehe…. u opened ur dirty mouth and trash came out.

• hezekina pollutina

February 9, 2016 at 8:40 am

u said that about a woman on a continent called africa…see ur life…

• Lord Deliver King Bey

February 9, 2016 at 10:38 am

OMG.. I was just looking at her skin and wondering why it glows. How do people look this good? like a porcelain doll. She doesn’t even look real. She looks like those shiny black mannequins. Goodness.. My brother will not see this type to bring to us o. God please open that boy’s eyes.

King Bey- You have to be stupid! I promise you. That is the only reason you sound like this. If any body gives you any other reason why you sound this way, fight them.

• Damilola

February 11, 2016 at 9:30 pm

@king Bey

Coming from a bleacher like yourself. Thunder fire those fanta/coke knuckles you used to type such senseless comment. Wash your brain out to, harsh bleaching chemical messed it up.
      I’m not even trying to overhype but I swear there’s nothing like smooth dark skin. it’s even tone, glows and looks so rich. When you are in between, hyper pigmentation, uneven tone everywhere. I personally think, it’s the most beautiful complexion ever. And I’m yet to understand why people will just deem a complexion ugly. Features, look is what makes one pretty or not. Sika, girl you are highly blessed.

13. King Bey

February 8, 2016 at 9:17 pm

“Common”

• Ola

February 9, 2016 at 1:00 am

“Come on” was right 🙂

• californiabawlar

February 9, 2016 at 4:10 am

Olodo rabata!! When your brain is too dark to discern correct and incorrect spelling…how will you know a beautiful woman when you see one?

• Half God/Half Goddess

February 9, 2016 at 4:47 am

English is tough, we know.
      The beauty of pidgin is even at its worse, it still makes sense.

Try ‘c’ mon’ or even leave it at the more formal ‘come on’.
      ‘Common’, as I’m sure you’ve learnt by now means a totally different thing.

As for these designs, at least they ‘re better than plenty I’ve seen from some ‘Nigerian designers’ who pair one yard of cotton and boundless strips of ankara and proudly call it a ‘design’ ??

14. Tutu

February 9, 2016 at 1:13 am

Sika is a beauty. There is nothing extra about this shoot. It’s just bleh!

15. Moyo

February 9, 2016 at 9:33 am

I love Sika in red dress, she is beautiful. Black is beautiful

16. jim

February 13, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Ghanaian women just have the most gorgeous, natural, dark chocolate skin. Love Sika Osei!