News

This Viral Video of a 106-Year Old Woman Dancing as she meets the Obamas will Make You Smile!

BellaNaija.com

article-whitehouse-2-0222

Virginia McLaurin says she has been waiting all her life to see an African-American in the White House. So, when she finally got a chance to meet President Obama, the 106-year-old woman was super excited.

In a video posted by the White House Sunday night, you can see just how excited she is at the opportunity.

According to reports, back in 2014 Virginia McLaurin began a social media campaign to meet the Obamas. She filmed a YouTube video in which she explained, “I didn’t think I’d ever live to see a colored president. I am so happy. I pray for you every day of my life.” The YouTube video was accompanied by a White House petition and a Facebook page.

We’re glad she finally got to meet them.

Watch the video below.

1. Nnennaya

February 23, 2016 at 10:45 am

hey Michelle Obama u look sassy………………!

2. Enoh

February 23, 2016 at 10:59 am

She is so cute and sassy!

3. prince

February 23, 2016 at 11:13 am

I saw her on Christiane Amanpour program yesterday and was elated. she was so happy and you could see joy all over her, She said “A Black President” in my lifetime… nice one

4. Ewa

February 23, 2016 at 11:30 am

lol.. The simple pleasures of life..

• Vidavi

February 23, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Simple ke? The woman is a 106 years old. Let that sink in for a moment. Imagine eveything she has lived through, eveything she has seen? Knowing America’s history. Slavery, being sold. picking cotton in the hot sun in the fields. Seeing a black president for her is a monumental event.

5. keke driver

February 23, 2016 at 11:31 am

God Bless America.

6. Hawtspot

February 23, 2016 at 11:42 am

The Obama’s are so amazing! And that old woman??? Oh can’t say enough about her, love the energy she displays…God make me age gracefully!!!

7. olufemi

February 23, 2016 at 11:58 am

The old lady is so amazing. I love her spirit and energy!!! She looks great for 106…

8. Mz Titilitious

February 23, 2016 at 11:58 am

LMAO i’m blushing!!!!! heheh i love!

9. Corolla

February 23, 2016 at 1:34 pm

She’s amazing, that old lady !

10. D

February 23, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Such a beautiful moment. I love the lady’s joy and energy. God bless her.

11. nnenne

February 23, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Oh yes! That’s my president and the first lady.

12. Chi!

February 23, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Simply Amazing! am so happy for her. if only blacks know our history, we will all unite n stop tribalism, killing n hating one anoda. cos we are one. too bad wit what is happening in Nigeria. God bless America.

13. Nwa nna

February 23, 2016 at 2:50 pm

The old lady is super elated because she probably has seen more racism in lifetime being that she was born in a completely different era than we live in today! And for her to be standing before a black couple as the president and first lady of the USA is probably something she could have never imagined in her lifetime 🙂
    For 106 year old person her facilities are extremely sharp, from the way she talks and acts you can sense she’s got a positive attitude about life..

14. ATL's finest

February 23, 2016 at 2:58 pm

Awwwwies The Obama’s will surely be missed when they relocate back to Chicago 🙁 This 106yrs old woman gave me LIFE & made my day this morning. When she said ‘A black president & a black wife’, *sob sob* damm that’s deeper than I can imagine in my entire life of living on earth. #HISTORY#. God bless the people & God bless AMERICA.

• nene+

February 23, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Her joy resonates!!! Its palpable hmmm she has seen racism metamorphose. From all black standing in a bus as white counterparts sits snugly to disenfranchising blacks to having a Black President???? What a history!!!!! Yes we can……God bless the world,
      Some times i imagine that i wouldn’t have tolerated what blacks faced, may be they would have killed me or they would have earlier than they did noticed that blacks rocks……..
      Vote Hillary Clinton!!!! The clown Trumpet must be shown the exit door….we cant afford to go back 250 years backward with that racist…..

God blesss America! God bless Nigeria!!God bless the world!!!

15. Honeycrown

February 23, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Heartwarming! ?

16. June

February 23, 2016 at 5:48 pm

And a silent tear. Anyone have tissue??? What a beautiful moment.

17. Osasodia1

February 24, 2016 at 1:26 am

Awwwwies…#iLoveThis

18. Chiamaka

February 24, 2016 at 8:05 am

Beautiful!

19. Iyabode bukoye

February 29, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Yes Obama is a man of the people butihope his achievement will not be rubbished by the next American president.