News

11-Year-Old lands $11 million deal to sell her Lemonades

BellaNaija.com

11-Year-Old lands $11 million deal to sell her Lemonades | BellaNaija11-year-old Mikaila Ulmer‘s homemade lemonades are so good that Whole Foods has signed an $11 million deal to have it sold in their 55 stores.

According to Business Insider, Mikaila uses a tasty mint, flaxseed, and honey lemonade recipe she inherited from her grandmother.

She got the inspiration after getting bit by bees – twice! “It was painful. I was terrified of bees,” she said.

But then, “something strange happened.” She “became fascinated with bees.”

It was then she decided to use her grandmother’s recipe – with honey – to raise money to help bees.

Mikaila has won $60,000 in seed money when she appeared on ABC’s “Shark Tank,” served lemonade to President Obama, and was a part of Google’s Dare to be Digital campaign.

Photo Credit: mikailasbees

1. Anon

May 29, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Fantastic.

2. Han

May 29, 2018 at 12:29 pm

Great! At such a young age. I can see a billionaire in the making

3. Ije

May 29, 2018 at 3:22 pm

Black girl magic! Soar, young lady 🙂

4. LetmeRant

May 29, 2018 at 7:17 pm

I just moved here to London after decades in USA and I hate this country. I grew up here but my goodness this place is worse than when I left it. They have zero entrepreneurial spirit. Only in USA do you hear such beautiful success stories of young people. America has to be one of the most entrepreneurial nations in the world and they encourage kids. Usa economy survives cos of small businesses. Imagine me I’m a crafty person who sell stuff on etsy, since I been here for six months I’m. Lookin for crafty stores as we have abundance in USA (Michael’s, Joanne’s, Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart, Target etc) I can’t find any of such here. Wilko my as.s.

I came cos I wanted to spend time with my mom. Biggest mistake ever. I’ll visit but to live here, never again. If you want to travel to the west and you are entrepreneurial RULE UK OUT, it’s not worth it. There is pros and cons everywhere, but I’ll take usa cons for now until I decide to move back and retire back in the continent

I’m so outta here.. Besides people spit too much here. Spit everywhere. Ewww

5. Seriously

May 29, 2018 at 10:36 pm

Congratulations, mikaila . What a great success.

6. Temi Tope

May 30, 2018 at 1:01 am

SUPER… THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT.. CONGRATS.

7. Anne

May 30, 2018 at 1:50 am

Congrats girl. You look so smart, intelligent and serious. Keep flying. As you grow older, watch out for those tiger brothers. Stay prayerful so you don’t fall into their hands. I pray that God delivers you from them because they can turn many years of hard work down the drain.