BN TV

The New edition of Sisi Yemmie’s “Life In Lagos: Sisi Weekly” is Here! Watch on BN TV

Vlogger Sisi Yemmie is out with episode 36 of her weekly “Life In Lagos: Sisi Weekly” vlog.

This week was very very busy for the vlogger and mum of one and she had to keep up with everything while battling a slow internet connection. Thankfully there was an improvement on the electricity situation plus many fun family moments to keep you glued.

Check on it!

1. Cannurse

March 2, 2016 at 12:28 pm

What use is this to suffering Nigerians? No empowerment, no information, no education…completely meaningless .Somebody showing her very basic life style that is not impacting anyone in any way.

• D

March 2, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Speak for yourself @cannurse, you can’t say that it is ‘not impacting anyone’ because I have personally been impacted by Sisi. I’ve learnt interesting recipes from her and I enjoy watching her vlog about her life because I can relate to her experiences as a young wife, mother and entrepreneur. Also, I left Lagos a few years ago for a small town in the South-South, and I watch it for a nostalgic reminder of life in Lagos. I also know of people living outside the country who watch her vlog, either to remind themselves of home or (if they’re thinking of moving back) to get an idea of what life in Lagos is like.
      Apart from that, some ‘suffering Nigerians’ as you called us like to watch other people (whether on vlogs, reality TV or scripted shows) sometimes, just for entertainment, to help us relax, blow off steam and forget the troubles and stress of our lives for a while. But hey, if you’re not impacted or interested, by all means move right on. No one is forcing you to watch. There are literally millions of vlogs and vloggers out there.

• Zeeebby

March 2, 2016 at 1:42 pm

ABEG CARRY YOUR FOUL SPIRIT COMMOT ROAD JOOR…

• Wow

March 2, 2016 at 4:16 pm

Please speak for yourself jare. I’m a Nigerian in Diaspora and I LOVE watching sisi yemmie’s weekly vlog. I find it real, fascinating and interesting. She’s very down-to-earth; no airs or flair a about her. She gives me an insight to how an average Nigerian lives in Lagos. Next time, don’t click on her link and just hurry on with your negativity abeg!

• lotus flower

March 2, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Have you ever heard of the term ‘entertainment’? That’s the value of her vlog for many. Simple as that.

• Jade

March 2, 2016 at 11:08 pm

I personally love Sisi Yemi’s vlogs. There are more people who appreciate it than bad belle people. Why do naijas pour their frustrations on the wrong people? Stop asking for high expectation from regular citizens about a country that operate on a low expectation as a whole. It’s not her job to be giving empowerment, education, information in a nonsense, disappointing country. All it does is give you unnecessary headache. I give her a lot of credit to even vlog bcos I am very sure, it’s not easy. And show some positive glimpse about that useless country.
      Her vlogs are very impactful. I love how she shows the life of a regular naija living in the country. It’s either negative news coming from naija or they show the life of 1% naijas living large both is imbalanced depiction of Nigeria.

And she’s very authentic, real and natural. So people will rather watch her pretend to eat salad everyday or eat at some fancy restaurants. It’s her life, she should cook, eat, from and live her life to her true self with no apology especially of it’s not harmful to anybody.
      Folks complaining are the same ones who waste time watching trashy entertainment, fake vlogs.
      If you don’t like her vlogs, no be force don’t watch.

• PD Young Billionaire

March 3, 2016 at 5:10 am

Which useless country?I hope you are not referring to Nigeria.#GodBlessNig

• Jade

March 4, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Pdyoung billionaire

Stop using God’s name to cover the self destruction things going on in Nigeria. God himself is not pleased. He wants Nigerians to take responsibility and take action to better their country. They are the most religious but their hearts are FAR AWAY from the same God they claim.

What else should a country that refuses to grow, learn and become better. A group of people who can’t apply their knowledge properly in a beneficial way. It’s a useless country. So yeah, it’s Nigeria I’m referring to.

• Surely

March 7, 2016 at 5:05 am

A woman who has several jobs, young mom, wife, entrepreneur, manages a long distance marriage pretty well and has a life outside of husband and child is a great accomplishment. Unlike you who probably does not understand the value of living life to the fullest, Sis Yemmie is cashing out and making a HUGE impact on people EVERYWHERE around the world with a camera and FREE YOUTUBE!!! Stay pressed and mad. Jealous -.

2. TEM TEM

March 2, 2016 at 1:09 pm

HMMMN……NAH just dint feel this weekly episode of sisi yemmie
    i basically learnt nothing from it,just a waste of time abeg .nothing significant *sad face*
    ”i always used to come here”………………..doesnt seem right to me thou. check your tenses when editing please

3. celine Mademoiselle

March 2, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Hello Sisi Yemmie,
    As usual, I do enjoy your vlogs. The are so refreshing, authentic and so natural. Keep sharing a part of your life with us. You are inspiring <3 <3

@cannurse : I'm a Cameroonian girl living in Belgium. I've never been in Nigeria. Thanks to Sisi Yemmie I can see and feel Nigeria through her videos. At some points, It reminds me of Cameroon. She is SO positive ! To me, she is brave sharing her life because, us african, are so afraid to share everything related to our personal life. We are afraid of jealousy, envy and so on.
    My dear, make yourself a favor try to see life with positive glasses.

Keep doing YOU Sisi <3 <3 <3 !!!

4. Aanuolutomiwa

March 2, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Sisi yemmie u rock jor, i just love watching her vlogs, so inspiring and full of positivity

Can or Jerricannurse, why do u av to open it, bad belle person, wt do u even do dt u can’t simply appreciate other people’s work and struggles, its meaningful n informative cos i’ve just checked isoken page n probably visit her store…its Idiots like u dt can’t see tinz in details, be full of positivity my dear

5. salo

March 2, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Is she ur govt dt she shld empower you, u can’t see d information abt isoke n d eateries she showed u,u might wanna eat in dere, aoda in4 is dt most Nigerian Tailors do disappoint and also a Nigerian wedding, i can’t tell u d meaning cos its meaningless to explain a full content to a meaningless person lyk u cannurse

6. Jasmine

March 2, 2016 at 3:50 pm

I love sisiyemmie but her vlog is basically about her personal life which I realy do not like. Anything goes wrong you people would be the once to say she should have kept it private.

Sisi kindly blog about anything other than your personal private family time. I love your food vlogs and I believe you are a very good cook.

• Jade

March 4, 2016 at 4:57 pm

She chose to vlog about her personal life and to me she’s not putting too much out there. It’s balanced. She talks about makeup, fashion and her hair sometimes. If you want to know other things watch someone else. Maybe Toke.

7. Abike

March 2, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Who is that funny person shouting Lai magba o Lai magba o at the party, Like its some kind of competition

8. Sugar

March 2, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Isoken seem like a really friendly person. I love her already. I wish my mum would allow me put so much makeup on her face. She would always yell and say the lipstick is too much, please i want mild eyeshadow, i want minimal eyebrow effect etc etc
    Sisi Yemmie mum slayed with her shimmering eyeshadow and bright lipstick.

9. Observer

March 2, 2016 at 7:05 pm

Honestly I’m still on the fence on this idea of her weekly vlogs because like @Jasmine said its about her personal life which often times is just there(TMI). There are times when its very interesting i.e when its about events or restaurant reviews, hair and make up products, recipes and baby stores but really its mostly about how she sleeps, eats, wakes up and lives life generally. And she is always eating (unhealthy stuff) for some one who is always talking about trying to lose weight and going back to being a Lepa. With some rebranding and restrategizing she would be on top of the game. I still admire her and think she has a lot more to offer which is why this is constructive criticism

• Sugar

March 3, 2016 at 9:12 am

I AGREE WITH THAT! Eating fast food is not the best at all. She needs to cut down on eating Fast food, ice cream, soda…….Sisi Yemmie uve got to eat healthy! we love you

• Damiko

March 4, 2016 at 5:07 pm

I understand what you are saying. However, let’s also consider the limitation sisi yemi has vlogging in Naija. I don’t know many local naijas vlogging in naija except her. I’m not referring to ones doing makeup or fashion that’s easy. I know, when my cousin and I visited, her plan was to vlog about her experience in naija and the different places she went to. You know how American and British vloggers move around freely, go to events, and show different things. But it’s difficult vlogging outside in Nigeria. So, she only could only vlog within the house, it’s much easier.

10. Honeycrown

March 2, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Okay, so I decided to watch because I noticed more comments today which was promoted by @cannurse comment, lol.
    I watched passively because there wasn’t too much to keep me glued to the screen and if I heard something that caught my attention, I glance and look away again. I think the videos should be shortened. Too much unnecessary information and a lot of time can be saved by shortening the food/eating scenes.
    She can only get better sha and she’s a pretty girl with a beautiful family. Her mom is beautiful too.

• Honeycrown

March 2, 2016 at 8:43 pm

*prompted

11. Ib

March 3, 2016 at 1:11 am

Please don’t be an ignorant Nigerian. If you want to learn go to school. Vlogs are purely for entertainment and lifestyle. I hate when bush people are so confident to comment please educate yourself

12. Ib

March 3, 2016 at 1:13 am

And also her vlogs are good because they are away of people living abroad to connect with their country . The food she show cases is amazing and we don’t have access to eat here . So yes I find her content very interesting

13. Corolla

March 3, 2016 at 2:39 am

I think she is shopping for a reality TV show, abi? Cos I don’t get all this.

• Surely