News

“Every day in that school was a living hell” Ex-Student takes on University of Abuja & Accuses Lecturer of Harassment | Lecturer Responds

BellaNaija.com

KemiKemmie Obaditan has waived her anonymity as she fights for justice after allegedly being harassed by a University of Abuja lecturer while she was a student of the school in 2011.

Kemmie who is now based in Washington DC has launched a campaign against her former lecturer via an online petition.

According to Kemi, here is what happened;
On the 11th of December 2011, I was in my second year in the University of Abuja, Gwagwalada Nigeria.
I came into school that morning to write a Chemistry examination scheduled to hold that day at 9am. I got into the exam hall at about 8:00am just in case there was going to be a change in the venue and information regarding this examination.

The exam started at the time stated and while I sat in the hall assigned by my department for her students, Mr. Samuel Olorunfemi Adams came in to speak with the invigilator on duty while the answer booklet was being shared. He requested that half of the students should follow him upstairs to the main library where his own students who, at that time, were going to write a statistics course so he can shuffle us between them. Unfortunately, I was among those who had to move up with them. When I got upstairs I had a chair and did not have a table in the exam hall, hence I decided to go get a table.

By the time I returned with the table, Mr. Samuel Olorunfemi Adams refused my entry into the exam hall. I told him I was among the students he took from the hall downstairs to join his students. He was defiant and still refused for me to enter into the examination hall. I stood outside pleading that I get my answer booklet and examination card so I can go downstairs to go write my exams but he refused. My pleas fell on deaf ears until one of my colleague was able to help me pass my exam booklet and exam card to me. While I was begging him he lost his cool and pulled out his belt from his pants and began to flog me mercilessly.

While he was flogging me, my phone dropped (Blackberry Bold 2) worth N58.000. Mr. Samuel Olorunfemi Adams picked it up and said he was going to cease (seize) it after inflicting bodily injury on me. While I stood on the stairs crying, one of my lecturers saw me and he asked what happened. I told him all that had transpired between myself and Mr. Adams. He consoled me and took me to another hall to write my exams. The exams had passed an hour already. I was able to put myself together and I wrote my exams. After my exams, I went to Mr. Adams to get my phone and he said I would have to fill up an examination malpractice form if I was going to get the phone back.

I told him I did not set my eyes on the question paper prior to the incident so I cannot fill any form. Mr. Adams told me to take a last look at my phone and he smashed it on the ground to pieces. My colleagues who witnessed the incident gasped and he made sure he gave all of them -10 marks on their script. I ran downstairs to get my brother, so I could tell him what had happened to me. He came up with me to talk to Mr. Adams, but he had already gone ahead to report me to the Dean that I held him on his collar and I told him that if he did not let me into the examination hall that I was going to fight him.

By that time, I was summoned to the Dean’s office, Mr. Adams and his supporters (lecturers) were there and the Dean never gave me a fair hearing rather she insisted I state what Mr. Adams had done to me on an examination malpractice form. I stood my ground and refused to fill out the form as I know I did not commit any malpractice. I was threatened and asked for my matriculation number by his colleagues and I was told I would never graduate from that school. That very day, I went to the National Human Rights Commission and I gave a statement and showed evidences of the scars and the pieces of my phone. Pictures were taken and Mr. Adams was summoned in after two weeks for questioning.

The following week, my Dad was in town and he accompanied me to school to speak with the Dean but she was not around. A fellow lecturer was apologizing on Mr. Adams behalf and begged my Dad to temper justice with mercy. My Dad wrote the school up copying the Vice Chancellor, Deputy Vice Chancellor and the Dean of Student Affairs that he would like them to look into my matter.

I came into school on a Monday morning and I was told to report to the Deans office for an emergency meeting. In the meeting, there was the Dean, Head of department, Head of examinations and a few other lecturers. I was still not granted a fair hearing. Instead, I was told and I quote “We know you know people, and your Dad is well connected, but if you want to graduate in this school you cannot fight your lecturer and win. You have to drop this case. I walked out with tears in my eyes and my heart was heavy with much pain. I felt the school failed me, the women in the meeting failed me even with the obvious bruises I had on my body.

Afterwards, I did agree to drop the case because I wanted to graduate. Little did I know that my misery had just begun? Every day in that school was a living hell. I was always harassed, humiliated and dehumanized by Mr. Adams and his fellow lecturers. I became the cynosure for insult every time I passed by them. From that moment, my results became a mess. They failed me on all the exams I sat for that semester.

Mr. Adams is a threat to other students in that school as he is known for extorting money illegally so he would pass them, having sexual relationships with ladies and meting out unjust punishment on young men in the department. Hence, my reason for wanting to open up this case again.

Mr. Adams, If all I have stated is wrong I would like you to come forward and speak out. Justice must prevail! You continue to fail students, if they get on your bad side. You told me nothing can be done to you and I challenge you to present your case and let’s see if you will truly walk away as a free man.

“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world… Would do this it would change the earth”. William Faulkner.

***

The News NG reached out to Samuel Olorunfemi Adams for his side of the story:

ProfHere is what they reported;

“We got a phone call phone Mr Samuel Olorunfemi Adams asking us to take the story down as it was affecting his image, He also stated that many of his colleagues have been trying to reach him on the issue which is very embarrassing.”

Here’s an excerpt of the conversation between Mr Adams and TheNews.NG‘s correspondent Olawale Adeniyi

Mr Adams: Hello, good afternoon my name is Mr Samuel Olorunfemi Adams there’s a story on your news platform stating that I harrased a student of Uniabuja. The story is all a lie, please I need you to take it down I am innocent.

TheNews.NG: Sir, we can’t take the story down just like that, its against the ethics of balanced reporting, we need to speak to the two parties involved to ascertain that you are truely innocent. would you be willing to tell us your side of the story?

Mr Adams: Yes

TheNews.NG: Please tell us exactly what happened?

Mr Adams: On the day the incident happened, I instructed students to move the next hall to write their exam every other student moved but she refused. she stated that I was a wicked lecturer and that she’s heard a lot about me and that she was not going to move. In the course of that her phone fell and broke.

TheNews.NG: She said you broke the phone?

Mr Adams: Here’s what happened, she asked me to give her the phone and i insisted that she fill the exam malpracices booklet, she refused, she insulted my family, she said my family couldn’t afford a Blackberry phone this got me angry, so I smashed it on the ground.

TheNews.NG: Did you flog her with your belt?

Mr Adams: No I did not, I only tried to scare her with the belt and the belt mistakenly touch her. Then she jacked my collar.

TheNews.NG: Why did you insist that she fill an examination malpractices form since the offence she commited was not related to exam malpractice?

Mr Adams: You see in exam there are rules and regulations, she was given the form because she disobeyed a lecturer and it is against the school rule. I instructed her to leave the hall and go to the next hall but she refused, secondly she held my collar and it was her fellow students who rescued me from her.

TheNews.NG: But that is still not exam malpractice, why insist on an exam malpractice form?

Mr Adams: keeps mute

TheNews.NG: Peradventure you both meet in the court of law over this matter do you have any witness in your favour?

Mr Adams: I don’t have witnesses i don’t know any of the students, please I just visited your website the story is still there, when are you going to take it down?

TheNews.NG: We wont take it down until investigations into the case are concluded.

****

BellaNaijarians, we will like to get your perspective on this.

1. akpagah

March 31, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Stupid lecturer

• Tatem

March 31, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Stooopid is an understatement, you tried to Scare her with a BELT? are you kidding me? In University, you can imagine the horrible tales from Babcock/Bowen/covenant , thoes ones that would be made to crawl on stone and kneel before their classes it’s just ridiculous I wish they would all speak up at least the alums

• Covenant Alumni

April 1, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Hi @Tatem, no one crawls or kneels at covenant oh. The lecturers are pretty civilised there. Don’t know anything about Babcock or Bowen. Just happy kemmie is speaking out and justice will be done.

• amara_obi

April 4, 2016 at 10:20 am

Nobody crawls or kneels in covenant university. Our lecturers arent uncoth or animals. If you never attended any of the achools u mentioned please dont conclude. Thankyou.

• Unibuja Alumni

March 31, 2016 at 3:34 pm

I am an alumni of Unibuja and I can tell you all confidently that that disgrace of a man is lying. I know what they do and can do in that school and I stand for the girl. They should take him to court. He should look for the attendance list/result of the set of students who wrote Chemistry exams that same day the girl mentioned, he will find it and find witnesses who will stand for or against him. The Dean and his/her cohorts should also be punished. Nonsense! One day bush meat go catch the hunter. Dan banza!

• Damilola

March 31, 2016 at 8:24 pm

This lecturer is very guilty. His answers gave it away. He thinks, he can easily command his story to be taken down and it’s taken down with no consequences for his actions. Sexual harrassment, abuse has been hidden far too long in Nigeria. Time for change. Time for a revolution.

My advice is, Nigerian female students please continue to expose these sick lecturers. Women come out because your story is giving voice to another person. I’m sure, male nigerian students have experiences of male lecturers too. Homosexuality is hidden, time to expose male teachers who abuse young boys. I know, a nigerian guy who mentioned a male teacher singled him out at age 13. He performed anal sex on him, And it continued for a long time. Say it out loud, shame them and free yourself.

• bruno

March 31, 2016 at 9:56 pm

@damilola.
      u are an idiot who doesn’t know the difference between homosexuality and pedophilia. mumu

• Damilola

March 31, 2016 at 11:56 pm

Bruno, you are a bigger idiot. Infact a fool. You can burst your blood vessels all you want. Men having sex with other men is homosexuality. Who is the mumu now? And there are male students, not just young boys who experienced sexual harrassment and abuse from male lecturers. Just the same way female students experience it. This person experienced it when he was younger but there are older male students who experience abuse from male lecturers.

• chuka okoye

April 1, 2016 at 7:01 am

What else are you looking for?you can read inconsistency and contradictions in Mr Olorunfemi’s response already.In his efforts to deny or refute the allegations,he admitted them.Some one has already commented him as a stupid lecturer and I think that he actually is.I am worried at the calibre of people in whose hands our future leaders are entrusted.Was this Jonathan’s fault or Buhari’s making?This Olorunfemi should be made to face the music as a deterrent to others.Infact,all including the members of the school’s disciplinary committee must be called to explain their roles.No society grows better with such negative sense of authority.

• Nurain

April 3, 2016 at 11:38 am

I remember this lady vividly, she cooked up some parts of the story. She was never a serious type. Even before the issue came up she was already down academically. This is a lady that chats and pings in class while lectures are ongoing. I know Mr. Adams can be hot tempered at times, but the lady really spoke rudely to him and even insulted him before the mischievous scene came up.

• Ex-student

April 3, 2016 at 1:35 pm

Where u there @ Nurain? How did u know she insulted him? Are u his witness? Cos i believe he said he doesnt have a witness? U unibuja lectures can be very stupid, I recall Nasiru in Chemistry department telling me I will fail his course because I didn’t allow my friend to sleep with him, and he actually kept to his word and made sure I failed Chem 321 a 4credit load course. If we ex-students come out to tell our stories all d lecturers would be sacked for new set to be recruited. Rubbish

• ucee

April 11, 2016 at 12:14 am

My Dear i concur wit u, Mr Adams could be hot tempered,.bt my Dear i can vouch 4 dis man any time any day, he can nvr do such… I define him as a disciplined lecturer, and a very responsible married ma,If not dt dis babe hve got sum bad intentions, tell me why she is bringing dis issue up aftr so many years, di home u want 2 destroy, God will not allow it. 4 christ sake! dis man thought me back den in 2004, i no him 2 well and his family, he can nvr di such. Y must u go out 2 get a table, y didn’t u call his attention, 2 let him no u had no table 2 write on? were u di only person hu had no table! if not dt u wanted 2 bring in sum exam machinaries. Tell ur story 2 di gods and stop all dis social media attention Biko. Rubbish!

• Fleur

January 23, 2018 at 2:30 pm

HE. SHOULD. BE. FIRRRREEEEEEDDDDD! YESTERDAY!! As in Ehn? If she hires murderers to peel his finger nails, she’d be justified. God, please spare me from committing blatant murder. Dont allow anyone do this to any of my kids!!!

2. AB

March 31, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Mr Adams, someone is comng for you! Clearly you were being obnoxious to this young girl with no just cause! Hope this is a warning to other lecturers who act this way to students! Goodluch fighting this one oga!!

3. Bleed Blue

March 31, 2016 at 1:41 pm

My training conditions me to always believe a person is innocent until proven guilty, but this Q&A session with Oga Lecturer has very easily shifted that conditioning.

His answers are so watery ehn…I’m weak! Particularly the belt that mistakenly touched her…lol…we hear you Sir.

• whocares

March 31, 2016 at 1:54 pm

I agree.. his belt mistakenly touched her.. looool, erm if the belt was not being swung would it jump and hit her of its own accord? and what is your belt doing out in the first place?
      “she said you broke her phone”- “here is what happened… I smashed it in anger (after she supposedly insulted his family)
      she jacked him by the collar, big man like him? Why would she refuse the move off the bat and immediately start calling him wicked? Unless she is wholly irrational? so we assume something must precipitate the lack of movement and name calling right? she’s heard a lot about him? in what way? see how he is digging his own grave.. shior
      It took a while but thank gods she is finally speaking out. I commend everyone speaking out now. Terrible teachers should start quaking in their boots.. back to bed i go (i love days off. lol)

4. Ijebujesha

March 31, 2016 at 1:44 pm

It’s so unfortunate that our ‘Nigerian-ness’ get exhibited in every sphere of our human life. Nigerian students can be very rude-I know that for sure. People are always surprised when I say that but truth is Nigerian students are the most rude set of students I know- and I have now taught in 4 countries- Nig, SA, England and US. There is this tendency for Nigerian students to look down on lecturers and be disrespectful-despite their constant use of sir/ma.

That said, I must admit that Nigeria also seems to have an Army of frustrated, non-professional lecturers. Many don’t have passion or skills for the job and are only there because there is no alternative and they have to eat. I think this man belongs to that group. His recap of the incidence isn’t consistent and I think he is guilty as charged. I encourage the young woman to seek justice.

• LostInSpace

March 31, 2016 at 2:05 pm

I disagree with you that Nigerian students are so respectable. Did i hear you say US, abeg make you park well.

• bukky

March 31, 2016 at 2:19 pm

I disagree with you Ijebu. Nigerians generally fear authority especially in the school system. If primary school and secondary school, you get beaten/punished if you disrespect a teacher. In Uni, your grades will tremendously suffer if you dare disrespect a lecturer. Of course, there are some students that defy this norm, but in general, Naija students are very fearful of their lecturers. You don;t even look them in the eye when you talk to them, and you lower your tone and use the softest voice you have when addressing them sef.

• LostInSpace

March 31, 2016 at 2:22 pm

I disagree with you that Nigerian students are so RUDE. Did i hear you say US, abeg make you park well.

• Amaa

March 31, 2016 at 3:56 pm

I disagree I have schooled in 5 countries and I think Nigerian students are the most polite infact bode ring on Timidity.
      I once saw a class mate of mine challenge her scores in an assignment and I wanted to challenge mine because I felt I deserved better but I chickened out she did and got a 100% and I attribute this to my mentality of thinking a lecturer is a God and they are beyond mistakes. So please I don’t know who you have been teaching but they aren’t Naija students.

• Sammie

April 3, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Most Nigerian students are rude joor. He’s absolutely right.

• stupid ijebuijesha-sure u r one of them

March 31, 2016 at 2:12 pm

@ijebuijseha shut you dumb mouth…what do you mean that Nigeria students are so rude. I am so sure you are one of the stupid lecturer, local champions. Please come and see what education is in western world. Eyin oloriburuku, masafani. you bullied students and see yourself as a mini God. Nibo by our culture ni Nigeria students ma ti rude.

• Ada

March 31, 2016 at 4:35 pm

I doubt u really thought here…because contrary to everything u are saying… Nigerian students especially fear authority… This mainly because of exactly what she went through.. We tend to want to keep our head down to avoid wahala or being noticed… For the wrong reasons…
      Biko don’t say pim again…mtshewww
      For the man!! Lmao.. I laugh in Spanish at him!! The belt jumped naaa… He’s met his match! N we all know his story! He hasn’t even seen anything yet…

• friend of Ijebujesha

March 31, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Chop knuckle jare Ijebujesha. Most Nigerians think they are polite and respectful because they preface every sentence with sir and ma. most Nigerians are rude and uncouth. Sir/ma does not equal respect. Nigerians are overly aggressive and combative. I can’t blame us completely though, we are shaped by the harsh environment we live in. It is only when we leave our country and interact with others that we begin to realize that we are rude , uncouth, overly aggressive…

• aj

March 31, 2016 at 10:54 pm

you are very silly! Nigerian students are not rude but Nigerian teachers and lecturers are. Get the entire hell out of here with your lies.

• stupidfriendof ijebuijesha

April 1, 2016 at 11:12 am

keep chopping stupid knuckle you stupid set of people, rude in what sense, COULD YOU PLS ANSWER?. I schooled in Nigeria by our culture how on earth would a student like Kemi be rude to her tutor hun? We always repect them but they see themselves as a minigod, traumatised students, bullied students, harrassed students and leave them with emotional stress and distress. Ogun state university is one of the agbero schools full of stupid lectures

• KwaraMan

April 1, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Very correct. The society here is very harsh. a difficult place to live really. All these manifest in people becoming rude, aggressive and uncaring. Everyday i do pity Nigerians. Even the way they drive, lawless, unrepentant and unsafe. Its a pity.

• Yugo

March 31, 2016 at 9:43 pm

As someone who went to a Nigerian university, I totally disagree with you. Those lecturers are bullies and 99% of the student population are fearful of them. There is no structure that protects the students, the teachers lord over them and nobody does anything. Your fellow students can’t even come to your aid for fear of getting into their black book.

• [email protected]

April 1, 2016 at 10:56 pm

is that why you are all running to Ghana to school eventhough you have ten times more universities than us, we have a handful to educate our mere 24 million population and i see a lot of nigerians applying to attend ghanaian universities in masses????? You are welcome though.
      Just know we dont tolerate nonsense like cultismn and all that. cultism and what not does not exist in ghana and many other schools across africa. But in naija i hear its big.

Anyway – i am infuriated by this story and i and my friends will sign any petition to get this lecturer expelled. This should be a lesson to all the other lecturers who take advantage of students.

• haya

April 1, 2016 at 2:34 am

Naahhh,sorry sir,disagree wt u dt nigerian students r rude

5. Zayneerb

March 31, 2016 at 1:48 pm

That serves him right, yeye lectures full everywhere

6. nnenne

March 31, 2016 at 1:49 pm

I believe the student!

7. DatEnuguChic

March 31, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Thank you so much for speaking up Miss Obaditan, Why is University of Abuja always in the news for all the wrong reasons? From what the Lecturer said, He is guilty as charged. I dont know why some lecturers consider themselves as mini gods. I hope he gets what is due him. This should serve as a lesson to other lecturers. He should be sacked and punished period!

8. Bukky

March 31, 2016 at 1:52 pm

“No I did not, I only tried to scare her with the belt and the belt mistakenly touch her. Then she jacked my collar.” He sounds guily as -. I swear if any lecturer tried this with me, I would have organized area boys on his ass and f-ed up his face. What nonsense! These lecturers think they are God, and what’s crazy is the administration and their colleagues back themup. Barbaric fool!

9. Mandy

March 31, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Thank you Kemi because am very sure you’re not the only victim, this will teach some lecturers out there a lesson for tomorrow. Let justice prevail. Such act is what I tame “Man inhumanity to man “.

10. Fabulicious

March 31, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Oya Prof Omemgboji, Dr. Jegede, Snr Lecturer Kabiru… All of una in all these different schools. They are coming for you all one by one.. Belt mistakenly touched her my foot. EDUCATED TERRORISTS.

11. teegirl

March 31, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Wickedness prevails in Nigerian university, and this evil professor is an example of such. I went to OAU for years, and I did not get a degree until I abandoned those years to travel to the US. Even to get transcripts is problem at OAU, except you know someone and pay through your ass. Going to Nigerian university was a complete waste of my time. This SAMUEL OLORUNFEMI must be punished.

12. Toluwalope

March 31, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Stupid Yoruba man again? He should be punished for his stupidity. There are lot of them in every establishment in Nigeria. The funniest thing about those men is that, they always have the backing of women just to inflict and harass another woman.

• salo

March 31, 2016 at 2:12 pm

so its only Yoruba men that harrass students, na wa 4 u ooooooooo

13. AANUOLUWAPO OYEDELE

March 31, 2016 at 1:58 pm

@ijebujesha maybe u lectured in private universities, i doubt what you said about Nigeria students. Talogunyan funwon toni tobe oshoro

14. stupid lecturers

March 31, 2016 at 2:05 pm

i believe and support the student. I graduated in 2002 from ISU now Olabisi Onabanjo Univiversity the likes of Sir Kay of Mathematics dept, Dr Odunaike of Physics department I will always curse them anytime I read this kind story. They bullied, harrased and embarrased student. Every day on that camp was a living hell. Justice must prevail. Stupide hungry looking lecturer that looks like a pig…..wo this social media will not help u atall. You must face the law. How will you flog university student what the hell! hun? then smashed her phone were oloriburuku baseje

• Haaaaa!!!

March 31, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Sir Kay dealt with me sha, always calling my name in exam hall and changing my seat cos I no give am chop…..even went to the extent of singing Eedris Abdulkarim’s song to me…….**excuse me sir, I don’t know what to do**

15. Latifa

March 31, 2016 at 2:06 pm

It’s so obvious he is guilty……Kudos for coming out.

16. LostInSpace

March 31, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Mr lecturer plead with the lady, and swallow your pride.. Many Nigerian lecturers see themselves as a mini god. Majority of them are wicked, just few of them are nice.

17. clare

March 31, 2016 at 2:11 pm

“the belt mistakenly touch her” wow, not sure how that would have happened unless you did in fact attempt to beat her, what a clown!

18. Asha

March 31, 2016 at 2:19 pm

I’m so glad to see a student seeking justice after encountering a power hungry lecturer. Just like this young lady, I encountered a lecturer in that same university who thought himself to be above any sort of punishment. I didn’t make my case public knowledge but I took him down with the aid of my parents. So many lectures in that school victimise students, it’s time they start to realise students have rights too. From that vague interview of his, it’s clear that he violated that young lady’s rights and he deserves to be brought to book!

19. Pretty girl

March 31, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Some nigerian lecturers can be mean that is how God will continue to expose all of them.

20. fifi

March 31, 2016 at 2:26 pm

I like her courage and I believe her. i went to that school, and I can beat my chest to say that University of Abuja has the most number of sadist lecturers, especially in the faculty of law. God will expose them all one by one

21. Ugo

March 31, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Odi gobe,this idiot should be punished,he is worried now baa,I’m surprised the incident didn’t make it to social media when it just happened. Judgment day has come for you Mr,take it like a Man O. Ntonyiiiii

22. T

March 31, 2016 at 2:36 pm

The belt mistakenly touched her?you donmeanit! Wawu,tell me more!

23. Sabifok

March 31, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Spme lecturers in Nigerian Universities are a law onto themselves. We do have some lecturers and professors who are very sound professionals, but many of them seem to have a chip on their shoulder especially towards students, and heaven forbid that you cross their paths.

When I was in Uni, my modus operandi was to stay low. The worst were the youngish lecturers of middle age, who could develop some beef for you if they merely saw you talking with a female student they fancied. Some would fail you or make your life a living hell if they saw that you drove a fancy car on campus or that you had some kind of social profile. There used to be this lecturer who used to read the student magazine while invigilating exams, checking for student gossip, like an olofofo.

What happened to dealing with students on their merits?

The time that made me fear Nigerian universities was one episode where a Jambite and a Final year student were both scrambling over this fresh chick. They would both show to the girls hostel and try to usurp her attention fromt the other.

One particular evening, the Jambite dude was very rude to the Final Year one and shoved him aside in order to talk to the girl. The Final Year student didnt say anything – he was shorter than the Jambite, so he said his goodbyes to the girl and left the room.

The next evening, Final Year Student walked into the girl’s hostel. Her and the Jambite guy were gisting and giggling on her bunk. The Final Year student tossed a file on the Jambite’s lap.

The Jambite looked at the file, and his face fell like he had just seen a ghost.

The file was his academic file with his admission letter, first semester results, transcripts, school records, SSCE certificate and other very sensitive documents and records evidencing his studentship at the University.

Anyone who knows Nigerian Universities knows that your file is your life. Without it you cannot graduate, transfer or do anything tangible. Nigerian Universities dont really have a culture of keeping electronic records, so those files are the records stacked in the school Registry which should be under lock and key.

How the fuck had the Final Year Student gotten a hold of it?

With that, the Final Student walked out of the room with a victory smirk on his face.

Oh boy, the Jambite disengaged from the chick, and followed the Final Yr Student o.

His pleas were crazy “Bros, abeg no do like this na ……”

• whocares

March 31, 2016 at 3:08 pm

@sabifok (lol. nawa for this your name sha. I don’t know if i should add a disclaimer that “I no too sabi am” or “I sabi am wella”. lool… anyways) NO WAAYYYYYY. That is crazy!!!!!!!

24. tunmi

March 31, 2016 at 2:40 pm

I’m glad she has the courage to speak up. Who knows how many students this man has taken advantage of like this?

25. Ada

March 31, 2016 at 2:45 pm

He did it! If he didn’t do it, he should head to court for defamation! Rubbish! More people should carry this story. I bet he thought the matter was dead after 5 years. This is the year of getting served for past sins o and he just got served. Oga, if no be true, go court go prove am! The belt touched her by mistake my foot! She insulted you so you smashed her phone, onye ori, bitter man like you! Truely it must have pained you that she had a phone you could not afford so you smashed it to show strength! Stop asking for it to be pulled down, there is a petition against you, come and prove yourself and let your accomplices come out and support you let us see~

26. Xter

March 31, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Lie lie lecturer ‘your belt mistakenly touched her’ imagine that

27. el patron

March 31, 2016 at 2:51 pm

rubbish, all the faculty should be fired.. nonsense! naija university lecturers always feeling like God! I remember back then a lecturer telling my friend to write “I will not talk while my lecturer is talking in class” in a full notebook twice! in 300level ooo…crazy!

28. Favy

March 31, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Bloody, lying snitch! I hope he goes down.

29. bruno

March 31, 2016 at 3:07 pm

most nigerian lecturers are cowards. on school campus they behave like mini gods oppressing students but when the leave the 4 walls of the campus they behave them selves.

they don’t born this animal well to try this out side in public. u smashed someone’s phone, u will regret it. u will cry blood. blackberry for that matter in 2011 when blackberry was a big deal.

just look at him and im sure he has children. ewu

Im so glad people are coming out to talk. there is so much wrong will nigeria. its not the government, its the people. nigerians are very wicked. especially people who are in authority. just give a nigerian small power or authority and see how the person will behave.

30. Rike

March 31, 2016 at 3:10 pm

And Oga no get any witness ..lol You better bury your shame and apologies to the lady. Oni iro oshi

31. double K

March 31, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Y ist dat most of all dis lecturers re threat 2 student in higher institution?I tink dis is a lesson 2 oda lecturers

32. Ighodalo Esther

March 31, 2016 at 3:26 pm

I believe the student, cos I also graduated from the university of Abuja, the lectures there are wicked you can’t pass without paying money or sleeping with them they don’t care if you are married or not or even pregnant they have no human sympathy. They all act like they gods and should be feared and worshiped by the student.

33. Ewa

March 31, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Kudos to you Kemmie, I like how you documented your case by immediately going to the NHRC. He cannot deny the evidence against him. Oshisko lecturer.

34. bruno

March 31, 2016 at 3:30 pm

@ijebu

pls tell us how nigerian students behave rude? abi they didn’t great u in the morning, its thats what paining u. or they dont carry ur bag when u are walking to ur office. ur ego must be very big. u will prefer it when students worshipped u abi.

I remember when I visited another uni some years back , a lecturer passed me and I mistakenly didnt great him (it was an error on my own part) , if u see his face, he was so angry, he stopped me and asked me my name, and department and I told him that I wasnt a student of his school in an unbothered unafraid tone , if u see the rage in his face. he was surprised and angry that I wasnt afraid of him or worshipping the ground he was walking on like other students do.

most naija lectures like it when students worship them. They misbehave and maltreat students cause they know the child’s future is it their hand. its not fair.
    kudos to all the few nice lecturers who dont abuse power. a lecturer will also behave nice to ur own children in future.

35. stella

March 31, 2016 at 3:30 pm

“The belt mistakenly touched her” my friend you are a cheap liar and must be prosecuted. And thanks Kemmie for speaking up.

36. keke driver

March 31, 2016 at 3:31 pm

There are like that everywhere, stupid idiots.

37. because l experienced it in that same notorious gwags.

March 31, 2016 at 3:35 pm

That girl is completely truthful and right in all she has said about this Uniabuja lecturer.
    It’s so sad to know that this tin god mentality still pervades in that institution.
    Kindly beam your touchlight in the direction of the faculty of Law,as that department is the grandfather of lecturer hooliganism of the university of Abuja. What didn’t we see in the name of ‘ordinary student’? The majority of them know few to nothing of their duties. If you go to ask for your results,trouble. If you dared ask advice concerning how to manage your course workload to get better result,trouble. If a lecturer comes to the class and notices that his particular victim is not in class,even though he himself had kept the whole class waiting for 2 to more hours before showing up without apology,he will urgently set an impromptu test,and label it a C.A. Once he opens his mouth and reads the first sentence of the emergency test,he immediately orders everyone to stop writing. Being the all low tin god that he is,everyone of over :20 or more must submit their papers to him within 2 minutes. A second after 2 minutes submission earned you a torned script or a carry over in that course since it is a C.A. That is where they will ration your scores and choose which one you should let in,or which one you should keep failing,no matter how you study on it. And truly,they will tell it to your face that no matter what you do,you will never graduate or get a good grade from there.
    We went through it completely,but because of lack of trust of whom to share your experiences with (because if you report to the dean,he will set up a committee of enquiry,appointing your tormentor as head of the panel) on such happenings,you just keep managing your way with trepidation till they decide when to set you free. I really applaud this young lady for her courage to step forward,and l pray that something drastic is carried out to help the many other helpless students suffering this unwarranted humiliation in the hands of these selfmade campus gods.

38. uc

March 31, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Ur belt mistakenly touched her but my girl no mistakenly report u to us now deal with it in d court of law biko…. silly man

39. because l experienced it in that same notorious gwags.

March 31, 2016 at 3:39 pm

I meant to say 200,not 20.

40. X-Factor

March 31, 2016 at 3:40 pm

This truth here is obvious, we need to rid the system of animal like olorunfemi…..

41. Tobigirl

March 31, 2016 at 4:16 pm

It takes a lot of courage to come out against an erring lecturer like this in Nigerian Universities. Lady, please do not back down because this might encourage every other victim to speak up. That lecturer is an ass and should be blacklisted like so many others.. Hiss

42. Aanuolutomiwa

March 31, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Most of this people in universities just tink they are one form of god, that was how one stupid Faculty officer threw my course form away cos i didn’t put the carbon sheet well for her to sign the course form, we just saw our names on the board 2days to the exam that we didn’t submit the form, twas after a long argument she said she threw it away and the form had closed on line, Thank God for d photocopy i kept, she made life terrible claiming she won’t sign self, twas a lecturer and my departmental secretary that begged for us, the stupid woman pushed a lady with a baby on her back away and i just cried, some could not write the semester’s exam bcos u can’t write the exam without courseform especially the CBT………………And they are the ones that will be climbing mountains later for their children success. I really pray we don’t meet again

43. scarry

March 31, 2016 at 4:37 pm

this man is a very very STUPID MAN…. HE SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF THAT SCHOOL IT IS A SHAME.

44. In Support

March 31, 2016 at 4:37 pm

He is definitely guilty. All these lecturers! I remember Dr P-, Math department in U.I. Sexual predator! intimidating and bullying female students (especially the young ones in their first and second year). If he saw a boy speak to a female student he was “chasing” that boy got a carry over that semester. Mrs A-, God is watching all of you. These lecturers make learning so difficult! How does a student concentrate when she is thinking of getting publicly humiliated during lectures or examinations? I am loving this new age of whistle blowing! These Millenials are not joking oh – Yes to speaking up and challenging “Authority”

• Tessa Doghor

March 31, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Not challenging authority.

We are challenging abuse of authority.

45. chychy

March 31, 2016 at 4:42 pm

same in justice was done to me in uniport

46. Nil

March 31, 2016 at 4:49 pm

I also graduated from university of Abuja and I tell you the lecturers are very brutal to students. My experience was more frustrating I had slight misunderstanding with a lecturer and he slapped me afterwards I was given 19carry overs for even lower level courses that I’ve passed before the incident.I think Nigerian youths should learn to stand for their rights and let culture and respect chill. Cos is like we pay to be treated like slaves.Is really not fair.

47. naijamess

March 31, 2016 at 4:54 pm

All Nigeria University are like this and all the lectuers are like this idiot who moleste,maltreats and harassed students.
    Even from primary school to University level you see students been beaten, raped, maltreated without the accused person been punished.
    Is a good thing she disgrace him on social,useless man, come try this in UK you will see yourself in jail. Alot of things in Nigeria needs to be fixed.
    Nigeria still have mental slavary and the people are still leaving in slavary.

48. Tee

March 31, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Oh pls you don’t know unibuja lecturers especially in that MACOSSA (MATHS, STATISTICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE). department, Mr A-, and many of them can be very wicked and rude.respect they say,is reciprocal.

49. Drew

March 31, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Nigeria and Nigerians!!! So what actually works in your Country? The worse case of the powerful ALWAYS intimidating the poor and the vulnerable!!

50. jummy

March 31, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Thank you kemi…may GOd continue to expose animals who called themselves lecturers…..imagine the lecturer’s story….is he talking to a dummy??…mschewww

51. Rose

March 31, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Kemi abuse his family? If I hear. Kemi is one of those hit me till I bleed kinda people so him saying she jacked his collar and insulted him sounds very not untrue….

• Rose

March 31, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Very untrue I mean.

52. anonymous

March 31, 2016 at 5:28 pm

These Nigerian lecturers are animals. Period! The only sane, level headed lecturer I ever encountered(who was also the head of department at the time) in my years as a university undergraduate eventually resigned in my 3rd year because he just couldn’t cope with with the rot in the system. Can’t blame him, being in the midst of people like that.

I remember one time a lecturer came to class and acted inappropriately, using lewd words, the whole class failed his course that semester because we had the ‘audacity’ to report him to the head of department. The only satisfaction we got out of the situation was the fact that thankfully our H.O.D at the time was a woman and a feminist so she took up the case and disciplinary actions were taken against him.

Enough of treating people badly because you are in a so called position of advantage. Enough of using “culture” and “tradition” as an excuse to run all over people in the name of demanding respect from them, just because you think you are older than them. Respect isn’t demanded, it is earned!

53. Tee

March 31, 2016 at 5:28 pm

University of Abuja lecturers are very mean, at a point I had to tell my self it’s better I graduate with a 3rd class than loose my virginity to those uncircumcised idiots parading them selves as lecturers. They will keep frustrating you until u give in. who do you want to report to??? No body will believe you. Mr Adams, Mallam Bisallah, Mr Uche etc. not forgetting Mallam Atumoshi that teaches an empty class and use the test he will give after the lecture as a Continuous assessment who does that. That girls story is completely true. unibuja was my school, Mr Adams was my lecturer.

54. Epa Aiti

March 31, 2016 at 5:43 pm

It’s not jst dis stupid Mr Adams alone,there is a more stupid and wicked one in the Dept I graduated frm in 2011,I’m talkn abt the World_Famous Devil of pol. Sci. himself,E- E-. The young idiot made himself god in Uniabuja. Guess they thought we’d be students foreva.

55. Josephine

March 31, 2016 at 5:43 pm

Thank you, Kemmie for having the courage to come out. you didn’t have to. Its obvious you care about those you left behind at the Uni and those coming after them. I hope this goes all the way and the useless lecturer is severely dealt with.

All the comments about lecturers being egomaniacal bullies have made me weak. How won’t our politicians act with no conscience when these guys abuse the relatively little power they have? Police men and even security guards do the same. Anyone with any form of power who can restrict others in any small way can get carried away.

56. Ex akokite

March 31, 2016 at 6:57 pm

In my final year in school, I went to do my medicals in Unilag. One of the doctors told me that part of the procedure was a breast examination. He wanted to proceed to carry out the examination when I told him that I was in final year and hence no fool. He wanted to take advantage of me. Imagine of it was an innocent jambite. Bella naija pls give us a forum and I will personally dig up the name of that idiot pervert of a doctor and do my own arrticle on him. It’s about time people started talking.

• Corolla

March 31, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Can you imagine! A doctor? ! Sigh…i am weak.

57. mrs chidukane

March 31, 2016 at 7:21 pm

There has to be a forum to name and shame these animals. My young friend didn’t graduate for two years because a lecturer decided he would sleep with her before releasing her result. Whenever she would want to retake the course, he would come to the exam hall and tear her script. Finally she had to set him up with a female lecturer and they took some incriminating pictures of him and insulted him very well. That was how he released her original result and she was able to go for Nysc. I never experienced such while in school but I have friends who did. People with little power love to abuse it. I commend the young lady for speaking up.

58. because l experienced it in that same notorious gwags

March 31, 2016 at 7:32 pm

The lords of the hooliganism manor were nicked named ‘BMW’ because of their parculiarity at taking turns to frustrate any of their gang members victim. The ‘B’ among them later went into politics and won,so that reduced psychological and emotional and material torment their hapless student had to bear. But the remaining ‘MW’ made sure to fill in the gap for their political friend. The ‘M’ with too much ego became power drunk. I remember an incident one of those days when he set up that imprumptu vindictive test against a class he had repeated failed,a lady in that class of carry over students was not allowed to submit her sheet of paper. When she asked to know why,he simply grabbed the paper from her and tore it into pieces. That day,l think he met his own demon one on one,because the lady started screaming and following on the open mini campus ground of the indoor hall to the law faculty where a lot of people’s attention were drawn to the screaming of the innocent lady who kept on asking him why must he continue failing her just because she refused his friend (M) his sexual advances. The dean,a SAN and other lecturers,student and passers by came out to watch drama,and on the part of the students,pride that someone has finally stood up to this monster personality. The matter was quietly handled and the poor girl was finally allowed to graduate. Then came their recruits. This one came and started strouting like one peacock because he did his masters in oil and gas in Aberdeen,na im we no hear word or see road again o! If you haven’t finished doing his stupid assignments that didn’t not even have anything to do with the course at hand,he will send you out of his class for many days to come. The second time he tried it,more than half of his class walked out on him and went to instead do the other course they want to do before,since his was an elective course. Infact,when l reminisce on those days,l use to wonder how some human beings could just allow themselves to play such evil part in their lives those they entrusted to inpact civilised education on? Sorry tale of Uniabuja.

59. o

March 31, 2016 at 7:36 pm

C- of dept of IRPM, faculty of Business Admin Unilag circa 2002/2005 maybe upwards sef….beast! He tried to say i must sleep with him, I told my mother sharp sharp. She went to see him that what was the problem? dude left me alone sharpily!

60. fumi

March 31, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Na waoh! all thèse commentaires are indication of poor student/lecturer relationship. This do not speak well of us.

61. Ese Aboloje

March 31, 2016 at 8:18 pm

The lecturer’s response tells it all. He is indeed a liar. The lady’s story is true.

62. Pelemrslecturer

March 31, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Pele mrs or mr lecturer 99% of you are so bad….i was once a lecturer in college of education kontagora u’ll be surprised abt d bad practice among male colleagues. …….

63. Tessa Doghor

March 31, 2016 at 9:06 pm

She’s not lying.
    Most lecturers are terrible.
    I was very amiable and yet I got bullied in Unilag talk less of Abuja.
    Federal Universities are known for the lecturers demanding money or sex before they pass a student.

64. 4Real

March 31, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Now this gal is a true activist. Our gals get harassed at work, schools etc, and nothing gets done! Anyone who studied in Nigeria know what the majority of ds lecturers do. Even the good ones among them can’t do anything abt it…Here’s a real suggestion, take this up legally (and in collaboration with any human rights group that seek truth), and keep us updated online. I hope this begins to shape Nigeria, it’s long overdue. This kind of acts are all over the place. All faculties, all universities. If you think we can be of some support online, maybe signing a bill or something…be guaranteed that we will be ready. Thanks to the News.Ng and Bellanaija…It’s time to hold all these creeps by their ‘belt’

65. Omo2

March 31, 2016 at 9:26 pm

I hope you’ll give this a good fight…It’s gonna hurt to see this end up under the carpet like the case of d cadets that beat up a guy whose blood the claim ‘is not important’. We have to find a way to start holding these pple accountable for all the crap d do…

66. Somborri

March 31, 2016 at 9:29 pm

I can totally relate to this girl’s story because even though it didnt happen to me as a student, I got a taste of it several times in my work place. I was seriously harassed by a senior colleague. I couldnt even understand why he was bugging me to have an affair with him as he was already sleeping with at least 2 ladies in our office (they were even fighting over him).

Ah! This man harrassed me o! Made me feel so miserable until one day I had had enough. He walked into my office and just started screaming at me “who do you think you are?” “I will deal with you”, “I will make sure you lose your job”.

I dont even know where I got the confidence from but I just stood up from my seat and told him calmly that he could do nothing to me and that he should just please walk out. It was when he left that I found out how enraged I was. I was so angry and shaking so much one of my colleagues had to hold me. I left the office early that day but I eventually resigned because another senior colleague continued the harassment from where that one had stopped.

And no, I never dress immodestly. Infact, on a good day, I look like a “Mary Amaka” lol
    Bullies will be bullies regardless. I feel so sorry for anyone who has been bullied and harrassed. Beaten with a belt? Chai! How terrible! Well done for telling your story Kemmie. I pray you get justice. You should.

67. Olamide

March 31, 2016 at 9:31 pm

May God punish this idiot of a man… Thank God m not in that faculty… See his idiotic face

68. Yugo

March 31, 2016 at 9:53 pm

I’m so glad this young lady is speaking up. Most lecturers in the Nigerian universities are tyrants, I swear. I remember my days in Imo state university, irresponsible set of human beings placed in a very delicate position.. The vice chancellor, nwaebo, is nothing to write home about. He moves around the campus with his thugs, carrying canes to whip students and command “fine girls ” to go wait in his office. I hope current students will begin to call them out, now there’s a platform for it. And believe me, people are listening and actions are being taken. Together, we can combat these monsters. So annoying!

• Tee_luv

April 1, 2016 at 1:14 am

IMSU lecturers were crazy. They were mini gods and no one dares to challenge them. The likes of Akanwa in faculty of Management, Otiwu and one yeye lecturer in Humanities/French dept that liked everything in skirt. Their days are numbered

69. Mzphunby

March 31, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner! Serves him right! Dts how i ended up graduating with a 2.2, the lecturer made a mistake in recording my result instead of 15 he wrote 1, by the time i went 2 complain he said i shld tell my part adviser to effect d change, i called the Idiot and he started screaming at me went to meet other lecturers and they were making excuses for him, dts how i jejely accepted my fate . or my experience with my Project supervisor who showed me hell before releasing me, all d late night review of project with the whole department empty, abi d tramuatising experience of him putting his Hand inside my blouse to check my Heart ati be be lo. God will continue to expose and disgrace them.

70. Uniabuja alumni

March 31, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Hmmmmmm,this is no lie tho ,its just funny how time flies……I remember this day very well ,I can still remember her crying in front of faculty of science. She wasn’t allowed to write her exams. I was in 100level then.

71. Luckygirl

March 31, 2016 at 10:51 pm

I guess I am lucky in my own case. My lecturer just tried so hard but he never force me nor humiliate me. I even used to tell him so many girls would love to date him in my class because he has so much cash to dish out but as for me it is a NOOO. On my convocation day he still gave me some cash because he said he salute me as he has never asked any girl out without success. I still respect him till date sha. Girls, please continue to speak out!!!

72. PD Young Billionaire

April 1, 2016 at 5:09 am

Shame on you Mr Lecturer.You are a disgrace to your profession,institution and family.I will help you forward this story to more people.U neva see anything.

73. peace

April 1, 2016 at 7:37 am

a lecture once said to my friend who wanted to apply for a remarking of her script “I have the power to make to make you stay in this school for 9years” she surrendered without thinking twice. This lecture is in for a long thing, he didn’t see it coming. If this goes to trial he won’t escape punishment for assault and battery and even if he wins one thing is certain, his image will never remain the same. I hope he will serve as a deterrent to all those lectures that use undue influence on students and make them live in perpetual fear of “you won’t graduate”

74. brownie

April 1, 2016 at 8:17 am

I believe something should be done about this to teach other lecturers involve in this kind of thing lesson, I am a student of LAUTECH, and this is my 4th extra year, in other word I’ve been in the school for 9 sessions, the lecturers are very very wicked both men and women, you can’t ask to see your script you instantly become everyone’s enemy, starting from teaching and non teaching staffs, a lot of missing scripts and it doesn’t matter to them as long as their own salary is available, of recent one terrible lecture who was a bully( can’t imagine a lecturer slapping a student , for what) , he sleeps with the female ones and collect money from the guys, just of recent it was discovered he’s has been working with a fake Phd certificate, for years. There should an organization put up for students for this kind of issue. Terrible people everywhere.

75. Nelson

April 1, 2016 at 8:18 am

Just forgive ds man and allow the wounds to heal#

76. Ekeson

April 1, 2016 at 9:17 am

y re we al beating around d bush here. d man who is condeming nigerian student is a lecturer and d person being speak of is also a lectuere, i tink he jus tryin to protect his colleagues dia by shirling away from d truth. bcus as long as i m concern mr Adams is guity

77. anonymous

April 1, 2016 at 10:36 am

Thank God Kemi is speaking out. Had the opportunity to meet her last year in Maryland. She is a bright and upstanding young lady and has no reason to Lie. Obviously this case is not rocket science. We all know this man is guilty and Justice must be served. I only did primary school in Nigeria. And I thank God that I did not go through the Nigerian Educational System just because of all these horror stories I heard and have heard. It has been going on for soooo long. Even before some of us were born. My mom tells me about her stories where her professors threatened to fail her and destroy her if she does not sleep with them. She watched many of her classmates get used, misused, dumped and destroyed by devilish, sexual predators disguising as professors. Only God Kept Her a helped her and she did not fall victim to these preys. It is SOO bad. My mom turned 50 this year…it was happening in her time and is still happening now. It is a dang shame. When will we wake up and do what’s right for ourselves and our future. Please let us start today. This man MUST BE REAP WHAT HE HAS SEWN. I can only imagine what she went through. I would be traumatized. Kemi, thank you for standing up for many. I did not go through it but I am standing with you in this fight. #JusticeForKemi #JusticeForNigerianStuden #LetsGo

78. Elizabeth

April 1, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Alot of Nigerians have wickedness running through their veins, we behave very animalistic and barbaric in nature even to this very day.
    Unfortunately, we have idiots like this in every strata of society and it’s about time they begin to get served. Our system really needs purging and the rule of law should start taking its place. That fool of a man must face the music and many more like him should be exposed. #enoughofthesilence. thumbs up to you Kemi, I’m with u in this fight. #justiceforkemi.

79. SiSi

April 1, 2016 at 12:38 pm

I actually teared up reading her accout, I can’t begin to imagine how she must have felt. Exams are stressful enough as it is. Honestly Nigerian lecturers need to do better and learn to act appropriately at work. I have no experience to talk of as I have never schooled in Nigeria however the stories you hear are a serious concern. Young people just trying to pass through life and make something better of themselves already worrying about all manner of things and you want to add lecturer harrasment and victimization on top. I couldn’t, I wonder how people pass cause I would be stressed to the max and I don’t have any money or other ‘favours’ to give anyone.

80. amina

April 1, 2016 at 2:52 pm

I am an alumni of that school and suffer same victimisation by Mr Waziri of Law Dept. Dat man should be charged to court joor.

81. kayode

April 1, 2016 at 3:07 pm

I aam moved to tears.
    I appeal to many who have contributed to this story to stop writing names of those lecturers as abbreviations. write their full names. Let us know them. Not Dr. P or Prof. M.
    Adams must face the music. Yeye man

82. keeks

April 1, 2016 at 3:19 pm

well done kemi, well done!!! i know this chic in and out, went to school together, the things students face in that Uniabuja is appalling, for this cow to say she jacked his collar is laughable, kemi is at least 5,6,7, she’s not tall, unlike this giant of a man, and she jacked your collar!!! i thank God, all through my 4 years there, hid my head in a small department, and graduated, but the stories i have heard!, the number of times i walk into a lecturers office during school hours and you catch him shagging a girl on top his desk( without locking it, i heard some lecturers did that so that another one can come in and mark the girl, if she enter one’s hand she can enter another), the Level of demi-goddism (if that’s a word) portrayed by some lecturers in that school is something else, from law to sociology, to Maths. You fail and terrorize students, they come out and become CEO’S and you expect them to just forget all you put them through in the name of Character Building? RUBBISHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!. people who go back there to do MSc i give una Hand!!!. once Nigerian students start speaking up and exposingtheses lecturers, they will receive sense.
    Well done Kemi!!! (d ish weve gone through, prepared us for a time like this, u go girl!)

83. keeks

April 1, 2016 at 3:47 pm

well done kemi, well done!!! i know this chic in and out, went to school together, the things students face in that Uniabuja is appalling, for this cow to say she jacked his collar is laughable, kemi is at least 5,6,7, she’s not tall, unlike this giant of a man, and she jacked your collar!!! i thank God, all through my 4 years there, hid my head in a small department, and graduated, but the stories i have heard!, the number of times i walk into a lecturers office during school hours and you catch him shagging a girl on top his desk( without locking it, i heard some lecturers did that so that another one can come in and mark the girl, if she enter one’s hand she can enter another). I remember then, during exams, it was like a who can get someone to fill malpractice form, because word then was that lecturers were rewarded for doing so. the Level of demi-goddism (if that’s a word) portrayed by some lecturers in that school is something else, from law to sociology, to Maths. You fail and terrorize students, they come out and become CEO’S and you expect them to just forget all you put them through in the name of Character Building? RUBBISHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!. people who go back there to do MSc i give una Hand!!!. once Nigerian students start speaking up and exposing theses lecturers, they will receive sense.

84. Ajayi A

April 1, 2016 at 4:37 pm

I graduated same year with this girl. Mr Adams lacks respect for students. He’s an uncultured tout in a lecturer costume. He mistreated a lot of students. He should have been jailed years back. Now he’s saying he has not witnesses. Everybody present must have seen him do it. He’s not the only one, as a matter of fact. Most of them in the statistics department. Justice must take its course.

85. Chi

April 1, 2016 at 4:49 pm

For those of us who know and also witnessed this incident, we know that both the student and the lecturer were wrong. The lecturer was VERY wrong to have used belt on you, but you were wrong for (I) using your phone during ecams and trying to take pics of him (ii) you were wrong for ‘jacking’ his shirt around his neck (iii) you were wrong for threatening to deal with him if he stops you from taking the exam.

You play the victim in your narrative, but did not say that you have been caught for exam malpractice in the same school three times. You were suspended for one year after the incident with Mr Adams, you came back to school after one year and was caught in malpractice again by Prof Agari. You were expelled after that. You didn’t say all these. You see its easy to try to get peoples sympathy by signing a petition but it really doesn’t change the fact that the disciplinary committee has record of your misconducts in the school.

To say the least, the lecturer was wrong to have flogged you, but the fact that you have faced disciplinary committee more than once isn’t a good record.

86. kingsikaz

April 1, 2016 at 5:48 pm

while there are still great lecturers in naija…majority behave as if they are animals… this man should go down..may b d lady has been on his action plan list for long

87. kelly

April 1, 2016 at 8:24 pm

“While I was begging him he lost his cool and pulled out his belt from his pants and began to flog me mercilessly” I guess this man must be an animal to do that. I feel there is a missing link somewhere. Nobody is justifying the lecturer’s action here, but for fair hearing what really transpired b4 he pulled out his belt (no justification for that action), I feel something more than you begging him happened b4 he lost his cool. If begging can make some1 that aggressive , the lecturer should be crucified

88. Nneka Laura

April 1, 2016 at 9:23 pm

It’s true.i went to university of Abuja &it was hell.Most of the lecturers frustrate students like crazy….

89. [email protected]

April 1, 2016 at 11:02 pm

Kemmie where is the link – i clicked on it and nothing happened. My girls are all in my house this friday night for a girls nite in to watch movie and eat pop corn. I read out loud this story and we are not even nigerians yet we want to support you and sign but there link yield nothing. Did you have it remove????? Please bring it up so we can sign. You have 12 signatures this nite ready to sign for you. Fighting for rights of women – Be proud of yourself for speaking out. You have probably saved many, because now all lecturers in nigerian universities who do this will be careful

90. Dammy O

April 2, 2016 at 5:57 am

Totally gross, why would a lecturer pull out a belt to threaten a university student? These lecturers think highly of themselves and feel they can always have their way. He’s obviously lying about the incident. I don’t understand why lecturers in Nigerian universities treat students as kids even at the Masters level; it’s sickening. I pray justice is served so his colleagues can learn to treat their students with respect.

91. Alfred jones

April 2, 2016 at 9:36 am

First of all, the entire stupid lecturers that aided this thug lecturer should be suspended and the idiot that pull a belt on the lady should be brought to justice.all his statement is all fabrication, he should be put to jail And sack from his job so it serves as a lesson to other wayward lecturers. Thanks

92. ade

April 2, 2016 at 10:04 am

In covenant, no one crawls on stone or kneel. Pls get ur facts.

93. monsieurkonti

April 2, 2016 at 10:18 am

This is very unfortunate. The truth be told some lecturers do things to the extreme.

94. bilkis

April 2, 2016 at 4:07 pm

He is guilty as hell, the ordeal Nigerian students suffer in the name of getting an education is beyond words and i pray he goes down for this to serve as warning to the many rot we call lecturers. shame on them all who conspire to do evil and i can really relate with her case.

95. Being realistic

April 2, 2016 at 4:28 pm

This issue is really serious – even in regards to postgraduate students, lecturers want to lord over them, intimidate them etc, I am talking about UI here, saying they are the foremost or something . They address graduates like pupils, their behaviour is nothing to write home about. Then private University graduates are easy picks for jest in the classrooms, which is not supposed to be. I am one, most people believe that education should be suffered for, that things should not be gotten easily, why not. Why can’t everything I need to study with, Be readily available ect it’s not the right perception and we Nigerians need to start doing away with such sentiments- They always love the burdensome curriculum and want to squeeze it into reality within three months and the next thing you are hearing of is test and exams. Teach people what will always be part of them, practicability even when woken up from sleep, not the read and pass mentality (agberu gbeso). They are always talking about one big international project they were part of, their foreign travels, it seems they don’t learn anything abroad at all or probably they just refuse to change. There must be a change for the better, no more hell fire experience, in the name of getting educated

96. Being realistic

April 2, 2016 at 4:36 pm

I know some people will say we have sick lecturers in the private universities too, that’s true but their madness is greatly suppressed and if you know how to dodge intelligently, my dear you are good to go. Like in BU, a lecturer will not push to the point of you reporting him, because some of the lecturers are not given to the general opinion, they are objective people, so they reason it out and the school has an unit that handle such issues and they are well at it.

97. Salmat

April 2, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Mr Adams is well known for his irresponsible and promiscuous behavior in university of Abuja.
    He ain’t fit to be a lecturer. Proper justice should take it course.

98. anonymous

April 2, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Am a student of this school and I can attest to this,lecturer in this school feels ontop of the world to the extent that they do anything they like,Ordinary security Officer Harasses student anyhow.any time that their is someone fighting for their right they end failing them or sending them out of the school ….please let justice prevail, the lecturer should be a scape goat

99. Ade

April 2, 2016 at 6:51 pm

I know that man very well.. That’s how he behave.. There’s one other lecturer also in department of physics Mr Nasiru

100. Ben o Ben

April 2, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Uni abuja ,home of drama, security once beat students with koboko in 2010 I can never forget….pry 6 leaving certificate with big ebira tribal mark beating undergraduate….. Mr Adams is capable of doing such I know him well, we have stupid lecturers in statistic maths physics, chemistry back then.but I think the new VC as change the story from bad to good

• Sammie

April 3, 2016 at 4:34 pm

There is no stupid lecturers in Chemistry. Oga, it’s either you are/were unserious or plain ignorant.

• Statistics [email protected]

April 5, 2016 at 5:07 pm

Ben o Ben how far now na waleoje be dis

101. Aro mate

April 3, 2016 at 12:26 am

God wan punish that man…..I wish my cousin go fit gimme this kind story, say stupid lecturer for uni touch am anyhow. E don teh wey I give person shortsleeve.

102. adebowale

April 3, 2016 at 11:19 am

I’m once a student of Unibuja,I am in support of that girl justice must preveil. I know that lecturer very well, the so called Mr Samuel Olorunfemi Adams. He is a very corny man.. The reason why he believe he can do anything he likes and go scort free, is bcos he has a back bone cos he’s mum is also a lecturer in that schools. I’m in support of that motion the they should go $ checked the attendant list of that. Perticular exams/semester/Year/course title of that chemistry exam.(Eg. CHM 271,251,222,252,221),. I think by then we would have someone that can say a tangible evidence. To back this barbaric act..

103. Nurain

April 3, 2016 at 11:54 am

Mrs. Kemmy, I believe i still remember u vividly, you were always chewing gums in class you were never interested in lectures. I would actually love everyone to get to d root of d story so that u and ur group will b put to shame. Remember your academic record was so poor before the event? You couldn’t graduate from University of Abuja because of your inability to concentrate and study hard. You and most of ur cliqs dropped out of school because of poor academic performance. Anyone who’s in full support of u hasn’t gotten the full story. I believe d school still has d attendance to dat exams. And I believe they can provide witnesses from the attendance. All the best thanks

104. Juliet

April 3, 2016 at 2:46 pm

@ chi, were you really there during the incident or the so called stupid lecturer hired you to testify for him? Pls I don’t get your stand on this matter.

Dear Kemi, I encourage you that you fight this lecturer with your last blood until you get justice. I also recommend you create a Facebook page where people who are being or had been harassed by there lectures can come up to speak in other to get justice too. At least this would draw the attention of relevant authorities. This would also reduce the mentality of lecturers positioning themselves to be worshiped by their students in institutions of higher learning in Nigeria.

As for me, for this young lady to decide to reopen that old wound, that meant the stupid lecturer dealt with her. His response to all the questions he was asked were fake and stupid just like him. He should be duely punished so that other lecturers can learn.

105. Anonymous

April 3, 2016 at 3:19 pm

There is also a stupid lecturer like this in uniosun, Ipetu ijesha campus, in the department of economic and economics education, his name is Dr A-. A first class graduate of OAU. He doesn’t know more than harassing female students and sleeping with those who give in. He has been doing this for years. He would even seize some persons TP report booklets to threatening them to give in and he would also arrange a hotel room where the female student would come and meet him. Lecturers like him should be sacked regardless of his brain.

106. Anonymous

April 3, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Bella naija pls create a forum for those who want to speak up on harassments from their lecturers. Also, get human activists and lawyers who can help bring those culprits to face the law. You can add this to your coprate social responsibility.

107. Sammie

April 3, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Did she report to a lecturer, HOD of Chemistry Dept or even the Profs of the dept? No Chemistry Dept lecturer would allow there students be harrased. I know coz I was a student of the dept. Meanwhile, lecturers like Adams are unsurprisingly notorious. Im glad she spoke up so people like him that give the school a bad name be eradicated like Wild Polii Virus Outta the system.

108. Sammie

April 3, 2016 at 4:42 pm

@Ex-Student, Mr. n- is a physics dept lecturer and not Chemistry. You failed Chemistry coz you failed to read.NO CHEMISTRY DEPT LECTURER ACCEPTS BRIBE. If at 300, u don’t know Chemistry lecturers from physics, u deserved to fail.

• Robert kacy

April 8, 2016 at 11:31 am

Adams sent you here i guess, I am a student in Gwags here we all know Adams

109. Human

April 4, 2016 at 10:25 pm

What a terrible thing to have to go through and what a terrible thing still ongoing. I am so sorry you went through this- but alas- you came through and now you can stop it. To mention to those who speaks on her subsequent academic performance, I don’t think anyone can be in the right frame of mind after this- to be haunted by the lecturer, to inhale, that breathe, that air of injustice, to have to seat in that same hall where you once was assaulted, I don’t think it is proper to mention the failings here, it is enough to make fail, enough to frustrate, enough to retire to drugs, enough to commit suicide- enough to make her a murderer of the man but unlike many- she has waited and through right course seeks redress if scars can be redressed. It remains ever a shame- your opinion if in whatever manner reason- you seek to justify what she has gone through, it is a shame. Tell us you saw her do exam malpractice, tell us you saw her harrass an easy going lecturer, tell us- she rough handled the man, pulled his belt out- tell us more. Don’t tell us she failed because she chose to chew gum and chew dick, don’t tell us she failed because of this- tell us she didn’t come to class, don’t tell us she did- I hope this make us all angry enough to act and speak and shout- to those going through this family of difficulty.

110. Human

April 4, 2016 at 10:27 pm

What a terrible thing to have to go through and what a terrible thing still ongoing. I am so sorry you went through this- but alas- you came through and now you can stop it. To mention to those who speaks on her subsequent academic performance, I don’t think anyone can be in the right frame of mind after this- to be haunted by the lecturer, to inhale, that breathe, that air of injustice, to have to seat in that same hall where you once was assaulted, I don’t think it is proper to mention the failings here, it is enough to make fail, enough to frustrate, enough to retire to drugs, enough to commit suicide- enough to make her a murderer of the man but unlike many- she has waited and through right course seeks redress if scars can be redressed. It remains ever a shame- your opinion if in whatever manner reason- you seek to justify what she has gone through, it is a shame. Tell us you saw her do exam malpractice, tell us you saw her harrass an easy going lecturer, tell us- she rough handled the man, pulled his belt out- tell us more. Don’t tell us she failed because she chose to chew gum and not chew dick, don’t tell us she failed because of this- tell us she didn’t come to class, don’t tell us she did- I hope this make us all angry enough to act and speak and shout- to those going through this family of difficulty.

111. Quazeem

April 5, 2016 at 9:18 am

It’s so obvious…. The lady is speaking the truth.

112. Badmus lukman

April 5, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Welcome Kemi
    I know u are brave from d first time I met u. I stand solidly behind u
    Adams or what is he called mustnbe brought to book

113. Statistics [email protected]

April 5, 2016 at 5:02 pm

See God wil surlely purnish Mr Adams , his a stupid man am one of his student I know what he can do

114. Anonymous

April 5, 2016 at 10:32 pm

I met KEMI in 2013 in short we did our industrial training together at NNPC medical services in Abuja from January till April that same year alongside other Uniabuja students from her department and throughout the four months we were together she always complained bitterly about how she has been facing hell in Uniabuja for a while but she didnt disclose her experience to me because she was scared. KEMI has been a close friend ever since then and we get in touch quite well. Am so happy now that she has finally conquered the fear in her and has risen up to stand her ground!. I also had something similar to her case during my final year project when my project supervisor promised I won’t have an A in my project all because I didn’t come to school for just a day even after explaining to her was ill. This man even went as far as sitting down beside the external examiner during my defense just because he wanted to see me fail my project but to his disgrace I had an A and he kept asking me how I got an A in my project till I graduated from the school. Female abusers like Mr Adams and his colleagues should be persecuted. This whole story is true and am solidly behind KEMI Obaditan

115. CONCERNED CLASSMATE (MICROBIOLOGY CLASS OF 09)

April 6, 2016 at 8:49 pm

This story is very TRUE!! I was Kemi’s classmate and friend. We didn’t take the chemistry exam in the same hall but after the paper, i met her crying and saw the bruises of what Mr Adams did to her. We even waited outside the deans office but because all the lecturers had direct access to go in before her, they all cooked up same story giving solidarity to Adams and left her with nothing… Her grades fell, as she always told me she was having the same carry overs again and again. I am sooo happy this case is up again! Kemi i am sooo proud of you…, We are going to support you till justice prevails…….

• Linguist

April 26, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Thank God now, no crime is too late especially when it keeps taking place because no one speaks out.
      Unibuja! Unibuja!! Unibuja!!! What about a lecturer in the linguistics Dept called Dr. Teke (a patron of sadist and wickedness). All his fellow lecturers can confirm this except they lie because they have gotten so many complains and tears from their student. He will give you a funny task as assignment – that we should get the British Guardian Newspaper (that is not sold here in nigeria), we will send money to London or anywhere where we could reach, and at the end I still gave me (and some students) 0.0, after doing such an assignment, attended classes, and wrote exam (even if am the dullest at least I can’t have 0.0), he has spoilt my result more than twice, am frustrated and they said he is a minigod even VC can’t rescue anyone from him. His course is the only course I haven’t bn able to pass till date. God will judge him, and I am tired of any COV cos it will end up the same. Dr. Teke your fellow lecturers can confirm this story, and you are so unapproachable! Am ready to come out if you choose to deny this

116. The awaken

April 10, 2016 at 5:24 am

Whete is servicom in tht school. A lecturer using a belt on a student ? I will visit the school next month and personally take this case up as a servicom ambassador

• Linguist

April 26, 2016 at 8:17 pm

117. Linguist

April 26, 2016 at 8:13 pm

118. Ex-student

March 4, 2017 at 7:06 am

Even his picture clearly depicts hubris. I hope all mini-gods, departmental godfathers and local champions in form of corrupt lecturers get to see justice meted out on him. He’s a sacrificial lamb that should be crucified for everyone to see.

119. Kelechi Erengwa

March 4, 2017 at 7:12 pm

It is quite interesting to know that somebody is doing the right thing by seeking justice. This kind of situation really calls for administrative evaluation of matters that could arise so the right forms are designed for different incidents. I remember when I studied for a history module examination in RSUST, Nkpolu in Rivers State and even held a mini support group to assist some struggling colleagues. However, when the result came, i had a really bad grade which i refused to accept at that time. I quickly filled out a remark form and as the paper was remarked by 3 different people i scored 3 A grades from the re-markers, only for the history teacher to write to the Dean to say that he had looked at the matter and realised that he made some mistakes in the marking of a boy’s paper, in pretence that he did not recognise that i was a girl. Well, on his own he re-awarded an average grade to me and then, the able Head of Department of the Technical and Science Education department asked if i was satisfied, i accepted the grade and praised God i did not have to any stupid thing as the History teacher kept saying that the ball was in my court . I continued to have faith in God and confidence in myself till i finished my studies. Continue to fight for your right and aske your friends to share till get the J word.

120. betty

June 2, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Mehn this man is sooooo confusing,the belt mistakenly hit her? He at first said he didn’t break her phone and then said he got angry because she insulted his family and broke her phone. Can you imagine!!!!! Full of lies!! Thank you for coming out and speaking for justice. I like your courage

121. Nwikwu kingsley

November 15, 2017 at 10:28 am

There is what the whites call conspicuous statement, a situation whereby one has to expose himself with lies instead of just saying the truth, the lecturer in question is a hallucinated lunatic, who thinks everyone’s dictionary has the word injustice in it. wont blame him though, when power gets into the hands of children, they insult their parents. this should be an unforgetable story that rings in the head of every lecturer that your place of work is not WWE or whore house. and to students who think school is heaven, as the complainant said it’s a living hell.
    now to those of you that said the girl/lady/woman in question was not serious, sorry, are we talking about level of IQ’s here or sexual harassment/abuse, and degrade to humanity’s product. if you must know, even those that have carry overs till their last year still graduates, so keep your mouth shut and read your dictionary, those of you blaming the girl, SORRY FOR YOUR LIFE, cause their is this quote that says; whatever you support, believe it’s right, follow its precedence, will surely come to you. this is a past matter, please let us move to the better life mother EARTH kept for us since creation.

122. OA

January 30, 2018 at 9:56 pm

I agree that in the context of Uni in Nigeria oh, there is no way Naija students are rude! It’s an environment that reeks of so-called sovereign authority with some lecturers thinking and acting as if they are God. So typically if your head is correct and you don’t want to spend like eight years in school you better behave yourself! That said, outside such authoritative context, Naija people and students, et al. are rude! My last trip home wore me out. Won fe kpa mi (they almost killed me). Me who just wanted to do my runs jeje and stay in my lane, I would always run into one troublemaker sha ni! BTW, most of it was encountered in church.

How can anyone even come out and say Mr. Adams is a disciplined person? Indeed! Any lecturer who can whip out his belt from his sokoto while lacking the men’s rea to use it is already guilty even if it didn’t touch the student as he alleged. It’s his wife and children he should be threatening with belt.

123. jumbo

February 7, 2018 at 10:57 am

See his stupid face, reminds me of Sulaimon Osho of Mapoly, the most randy lecturer in that school.

124. Abum

February 7, 2018 at 10:07 pm

This is a shocking story please can this animal and others like him harassing the students be brought to Justice I weep for my country Nigeria

125. Tami Okoro Dedeh

February 10, 2018 at 4:00 pm

When I still lived in Nigeria, I read about a girl who was pestered by her lecturer continuously before she gave in. Her boyfriend, a cult member, heard about it and was so pissed off, he and his fellow cultists burned his car and said “You can’t f*** my girlfriend and fail me” (The lecturer had arranged for the boy to fail upon hearing the female student was dating another one of his students). When I read stories like this, I thank God I never had to attend university back home. These lecturers should be ashamed of themselves. Those DelSu students who stripped a pervert lecturer naked after obtaining video evidence a few years ago deserve a medal for their services to education. God help us all. And I thought this sort of bulls*** ended years ago…

126. Cynthia

February 11, 2018 at 1:00 am

Na waaa ohh!!!!!God help us.

127. Ada

February 12, 2018 at 8:42 am

I hope this man doesn’t get away with this. He will be the scapegoat for all those bullies that call themselves lecturers.

128. Tessa Doghor

February 23, 2018 at 11:23 am

Kemi, I will support you
    I have been harassed, maligned and slandered before
    I am clicking through and going to fill your form
    Wicked people should not be allowed to get away with the wicked things they do
    In order that they don’t get bold in carrying out wicked acts.

My younger sister went through this same thing. After spending 750K on school fees for her to go through, money I sweated for, and the lecturers imagine it will be well with them, they will never go unpunished. The Lord will visit them with vengeance.

I support you 100%