News

Fuel Scarcity: Kachikwu Apologises To Nigerians Over “Magician” Comment

image

GMD NNPC/Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu has apologised to Nigerians over the statement he made of him not being a “magician”.

He made his apology while answering a question on his plans to end the lingering fuel scarcity from the Senate Committe Chairman on Petroleum (Downstream), Senator Jibril Barau today – Tuesday March 29.

He said, “I want to apologize to Nigerians for the comment I made and to the Press for the way they interpreted my comment. I share the pains of Nigerians, I feel the pain everyday. We are pained by the lingering fuel scarcity and on behalf the NNPC, I wish to apologize as well.”

He said that pipeline vandalism was the major cause of fuel scarcity in the country. Another cause, according to the Minister is the inability of oil marketers to raise letters of credit from banks, hence cannot pump fuel.

He assured Nigerians that the NNPC is working round the clock to ensure that the incessant scarcity is abated.

Source: DailyPost

1. Valentina

March 29, 2016 at 8:15 pm

God punish everybody that voted Buhari

2. molarah

March 29, 2016 at 8:23 pm

.I’m not a boot licker, or an APC card-carrier, but if any of the PDP apologists that have taken up permanent residence on the BN comment section are not able to admit that this is a sign (albeit small) of progress in our country: a sitting minister admitting fault and making a public apology, then I’m here waiting for them today.

• nene+

March 29, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Molarah you say what?
      Which man is APC? Ibe Kachikwu? Did he tell you he voted Buhari? Abeg park well go find your lieing members Lai, Amechi, Dino Melaiye and co

3. nnenne

March 29, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Buhari and his spinners have used ” magician” in the past.
    I stand to be corrected!!!

Apologies accepted.
    No more double standards please! !

4. Ogochukwu

March 29, 2016 at 8:33 pm

The economic situation of our country is becoming unbearable. Things are difficult. He just said the truth about his capabilities. Long queues at filling stations, increased transport fare, epileptic power supply, blame game etc the problem is too much!

5. Iris

March 29, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Luckily our God is a God of common sense. Gerrarrahere. Because Nigeria was a prosperous haven under the previous administration, right? *hiss* Go back to primary school and learn the definition of democracy.

6. Amina

March 29, 2016 at 11:48 pm

You spoke the truth. You are not a magician. The same goes for PMB. There’s no need to politicize this issue. I prefer to hear the truth always, for even if it makes me feel bad at first, it will eventually make me free.