News

Governor Ayo Fayose claims there are no missing Chibok Girls

BellaNaija.com

Ayo Fayose

The Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose, has said that no student of Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, was abducted by Boko Haram.

He said this yesterday at a two-day workshop on “Political Aspirants Capacity Enhancement” which was organised by the Women Arise for Change Initiative for women of Ekiti, Osun and Ondo State.

According to Punch, the governor said that the report of the missing school girls was politically motivated to influence public opinion against Goodluck Jonathan.

“Today, many opposition leaders are underground. I don’t think any of these girls is missing; it is a political strategy. Who is fooling who? If you wanted to use it to remove some people, you have succeeded already. I don’t know if there are missing girls but no indication has shown that. It is a political strategy,  because I don’t think any girl is missing. If they are missing, let them find them,” he said, adding that some of the #BringBackOurGirls campaigners were only seeking appointments.

1. oj's friend

March 31, 2016 at 11:23 am

It’s funny how people bought that story

• Umi

March 31, 2016 at 12:13 pm

It’s funny how the lot of you that don’t believe the story are disbelieving from the comfort of your cushy room or office.

Have you traveled to Chibok?
      Well, I have. I saw the damaged and abandoned school and I spoke to the parents and siblings. Little kids were crying when asked about their missing big sisters, the pain on their little faces was so raw that anyone who thinks it was a fabricated story would think again.
      Fathers looked so helpless, and even stated they were ashamed for not being able to do anything to lessen the pain the girls mothers are suffering.

The entire village of Chibok is in a haze of tangible grief. I encourage you to go if you can muster the courage and finances.

I have no doubt the entire thing was politicized in one way or another; I don’t know if it’s the APC or PDP that was involved or if it’s just a case of the BH standard evil behavior, hopefully we will find out the truth one day,
      BUT to say no girls are missing is a BIG DISSERVICE to the girls and their families. The unfortunate truth is that they may never be found. 🙁

• tunmi

March 31, 2016 at 2:46 pm

I could kiss you.

2. ajikoko

March 31, 2016 at 11:24 am

Fayose Fayose…..This is a sensitive issue.

3. Odi

March 31, 2016 at 11:33 am

I believe so. That movement was a scam that unfortunately was swallowed hook line and sinker by a lot of people. Just shows how gullible humans really are. Since buhari took over there hasn’t been much done or even said about it. Madam ezekwesili has suddenly gone silent, oga obj is no longer in communication with the abductors and no questions are being asked.
    Unfortunately, being that this is coming from fayose a lot of people will ignore it. And some will call him a conspiracy theorist. But one day the truth shall be revealed.

4. Lala

March 31, 2016 at 11:41 am

I have always suspected this whole chibok girls saga as a hoax, but seriously only God knows the truth

5. boboj

March 31, 2016 at 11:51 am

All those women claiming thr child lost should all be jailed….. i never believe any girl was lost

• Jay

March 31, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Really because you have never lost anyone to boko haram. Insensitive nigerian!

• Esther

March 31, 2016 at 8:51 pm

You should be jailed for ranting such stupidity. Read above comment of someone who had a close encounter with the victims.

6. Busarni

March 31, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Where is obyezeks; she has suddenly gone cold. Her about face on this issue will come some day.

7. Sanya

March 31, 2016 at 12:16 pm

He is always a fool wjhen it comes to issues like this, why dont you keep quite on issues you are not too a braise on. Has he been to chibok for one… let him visit chibok and then be able to speak about it…….My prayer is that let whoever say there is no missing chibok girl let what happen to chibok girls happen to his family.

8. murray last

March 31, 2016 at 1:13 pm

I read with pity the story as told by Mr. Ayo Fayose that nobody was abducted in Chibok, Though am really not too bordered about Mr. Fayose s flippancy but the denigration he takes to that office of the Governor is rather unfortunate. How can a governor open his mouth to say such a thing. To say you are mean and insensitive is to say the least. An issue that is eating some parents up day and night you just carelessly and gruesomely dismissed with air of arrogance and finality. I actually do not know what you want to achieve by your constant attack on the government of the day and Buhari person but, taking the lunacy to the highest point by this display of self conceitedness and . Please take a little time out to attend an adult education school to avail yourself another opportunity to be well schooled about public office and responsibilities that go with. Who knows you may even get some tips on civility and decorum which I believe will do a great deal of help especially in handling the affairs in Ekiti. You think you are a 007, please take it easy and be mindful of your public conduct and general utterances. Do you even think you have any moral right to preach righteousness when you are full of stinking past and present. That is a story for another day……

9. Hills

March 31, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Honestly, I really hope this true because I don’t want to believe that girls my age have been put through this. However, there is some political aspect to this. I’ve always believed that boko haram was started by politicians but it grew to have a mind of its own. I may be wrong though.

10. Ro

March 31, 2016 at 2:56 pm

I also had my suspicions, we never saw any of the girls despite all the girls that were found, how does that happen? Where they sold enmass to another country? One day the truth will come out.

11. Lol

March 31, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Well I do believe boko haram is government Officials funded. But innocent suffered for it.

12. GANNY OGUNSHAKIN

March 31, 2016 at 5:23 pm

What do you expect from a lunatic. Fayose has done it again. Wonders shall never end. This certified moron has once again, put his foot in his mouth. well, once a Danfo driver, Always a Danfo driver.

13. Mohammad

March 31, 2016 at 10:57 pm

Ladies and gentlemen. We have our own Nigerian Donald Trump.
    I hope your kids get kidnapped and nobody acknowledge it; but use it for cheap party politics. E ba mi s’amin!