News

See the Epic $1 Billion Wedding in Russia where Jennifer Lopez, Enrique Iglesias & Sting Performed

BellaNaija.com

Said Gutseriev, 28 and Khadija Uzhakhovs, 20 got married in a lavish celebration this past weekend that reportedly cost $1 billion.

The groom’s billionaire father Mikhail Gutseriev, 58 spared no expense for the 600 guest wedding in Moscow, Russia’s capital and biggest city.

Mikhail is a self-made billionaire from oil and real estate, and the groom Said is one of his two children. He’s the 16th richest person in Russia, and 205th in the world, according to Forbes.

The groom is Harrow and Oxford educated and the bride is currently in school to be a dentist.

Daily Mail reports that it took 4 years to find the groom an ideal bride, who had to be a virgin and low-key. She doesn’t have an Instagram account, and her other social media doesn’t have many photos.

But in Russia there has been something of a backlash against the lavish ceremony – following a report by Russian Tatler that the bride from an ‘ordinary’ family was chosen after a lengthy search for a woman to fit ‘all the strict demands, to be beautiful, a virgin, shy and not public’, meaning not seeking the limelight.

‘The quest for the ideal bride for Said Gutseriyev went for long four years,’ said Tatler, explaining the conditions that had to be met.

This sparked a heated online debate, with comments apparently from female readers saying: ‘So she is 19 and she is a virgin? What village did she come from?’ and ‘A virgin at 19? And it took them just four years to find her? That was quick.’

‘Khadizha is a future dentist. Her page in VK (a social media site) has no personal pictures, but instead has several images of how to do local anaesthetics,’ reported Tatler.

Now for the wedding – the bride wore a couture dress from Elie Saab and Daily Mail states it’s rumoured to have cost $1 million.Gutseriev Billionaire Russian Wedding_9Khadija Uzhakhovs in Elie Saab Couture

The Bride Walking Down the Aisle

A video posted by _ (@tut.erunda) on

The Groom with Sting

The DecorGutseriev Billionaire Russian Wedding_3Gutseriev Billionaire Russian Wedding_1 Gutseriev Billionaire Russian Wedding_2
Wedding CakeGutseriev Billionaire Russian Wedding_8

Gift for GuestsGutseriev Billionaire Russian Wedding_5

Jennifer Lopez’s Performance

#Свадьбагуцериевых

A video posted by @korolevskie_svadbi_ on

#свадьбагуцериевых# улыбка ?

A video posted by Фоти (@fotims) on

There is reportedly set to be another celebration in London.

1. forbisi

March 31, 2016 at 10:34 am

extravagance. hope the wedding lasts. 20 and 28 years, whats the rush ?

• naya

March 31, 2016 at 12:48 pm

billionaire son locate me naa, but d gown is too big, she isn’t even walking properly, dey could av made it fitting and add a lot of diamonds on it to still make d dress expensive. I wish them a HML, I just hope dat groom is sharp cos d way am seeing him he looks slow

• md

March 31, 2016 at 2:40 pm

are u a virgin?

• You want to reap where you did not sow.?...>

March 31, 2016 at 5:13 pm

‘Ain’t saying She is a gold digger'(in Kanye west voice)

• Esther

March 31, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Maybe it’s just me, nothing beats simplicity. I see naija girls trying to emulate even if they will live in a hut after their wedding.

• Hawt Talk With Tosan

April 1, 2016 at 3:51 am

The irony of it all. Marries a modest virgin but had Jlo perform at the wedding. I pity the poor little bride

• anonymous

April 1, 2016 at 1:40 pm

rush ke? LOL there is definitley no rush anywhere. What is the reason behind marrying late if not to make money and be comfortable. They have the money and comfortable too. I see no rush.

2. Ewa

March 31, 2016 at 10:35 am

Gaddem!!!

3. keke driver

March 31, 2016 at 10:36 am

If you’ve got money, biko spend it….You don’t get to live twice.

• OJ

March 31, 2016 at 3:17 pm

and after the wedding u go back to ur keke driving abi???

4. ajikoko

March 31, 2016 at 10:39 am

This is what you see when money is vexing.

5. Busolammy

March 31, 2016 at 10:39 am

Chisos! Money miss road.

• Na wa

March 31, 2016 at 11:20 am

what is with the “Chisos” ? It’s just so disrespectful, abeg make una find another word when you need to exclaim.

6. Ms K

March 31, 2016 at 10:44 am

Jehovah!

7. Rike

March 31, 2016 at 10:47 am

That decor is everything!! Dayum

8. Marie Antoinette

March 31, 2016 at 10:48 am

And many families in my dear country Nigeria live below $0.50 a day…
    It is well! ??????

9. OmaOma

March 31, 2016 at 10:48 am

Jesus is Lord!!!! On top wedding, I hope this marriage lasts because once she starts meeting people, being exposed and all, becomes a dentist, things might change oooooo

10. Gwen

March 31, 2016 at 10:48 am

Over kill!
    I hope the bride is happy in the marriage

11. bruno

March 31, 2016 at 10:51 am

I know this is the kind of thing that will trip most Nigerians but to me this is just meh.

12. Moyo

March 31, 2016 at 10:58 am

Abeg, this is too much, sheer waste of resources which could be put to better use for the less privilege in their country. The dress was even too heavy for her to move with it. Very distasteful. \you can have a lovely wedding without spending so much money

• deborah king

March 31, 2016 at 12:08 pm

I dont understand u people, so someone should not spend his own money again becos there are poor people in his country. I totally hate it when u people say this shit, guess what?? He will give out every single penny of his net worth and there will still be under priviledged people in russia, he will sell all his companies for billions more, give every single penny out nd there will still be less priviledged people in his country. Now my quewrion for u…
      How many of the less priviledged around u have u helped this year, nd i dont mean giving beggars 20naira, how many children school fees are u paying, even if its government schl, nd i dont mean ur family members or friends. When was d last time u went to an orphanage or old peoples home or motherless babies home to give them something?? And how often do u do it?? Since you av such vested interest in helping d less priviledged. Oh! So u think its until u av a billion dollars in ur acct before u help them out?? Wrong! D bible says…he that is faithful in little is faithful in much….if u cannot give frm d little u av, thenbu also cannot give from much…or at most give peanuts compared to wat u av. U guys need to leave these rich people to live their lives and spend their money that they probably spent so many sleepless night chasing however they want. And think of how u will make urs and give everything to d poor, since na u love them pass. If u dont like d extravagance just say so and waka pass, but no u guys must talk about how they could av better spent the money to help so and so….money that u did not work for. Bellanaija biko post my comment ooo.

• deborah king

March 31, 2016 at 12:12 pm

*question, *then u

• b4

March 31, 2016 at 5:43 pm

I concur!.Don’t mind him.. That’s how his type (with poverty mentality) do reason..One funny thing is,they have no idea how many poor people are on these ‘Super’ rich men payroll….They keep blabbing without thinking.

• ACE

April 1, 2016 at 12:06 am

#EPIC!!!!!

• Biko please

September 27, 2016 at 9:08 pm

So when God blesses a person. The person should give all to the less privileged. Because you want to help the poor doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy God’s gift. They can’t carry all that money to heaven. Biko.

13. jwezee

March 31, 2016 at 11:01 am

Oh shittt! Amazing..but not sure all this is up to a billion ohh..may be close too

• Leah

March 31, 2016 at 1:49 pm

Why? Are you their accountant?

Mtcheeeew!

14. Kaka

March 31, 2016 at 11:03 am

Hiaaaaaaa!!!!!! Quest que n’afio???

• ha!

April 1, 2016 at 5:56 am

Lmao! igbuo m, awu kwa obere quest que n’afio nwanne m, odi egwu really, lol.

15. AwkwardFromBirth

March 31, 2016 at 11:12 am

Money swine!

16. Truth

March 31, 2016 at 11:17 am

Mehn…I lack words#just when i thought kim n kanye’s wedding was everything!
    Singing#this world is not my own am just passing by#lol

17. ajikoko

March 31, 2016 at 11:18 am

Madam Privilege,Is it your money….People have the right to use their money for what makes them happy…..This is what you see and get when money Vex…Ibinu Owo*

18. whocares

March 31, 2016 at 11:19 am

That. Wedding. Cake.. *holds head in hands* is it cream icing or the hard icing? I hope it is cream icing,it would be a waste to put that hard icing on such a cake. It is probably the hard icing. What a waste. gods i want cake.
    All these numbers in wealth just confuse me. I’m reading he is the ‘205th’ richest man in the world, but my brain is pronouncing it as -two hundred and fiveth. lool.

• "changing moniker"

March 31, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Asin… I was reading two hundred and fiveth too… lORD help us!!

• Ohyeah

March 31, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Two hundred and fifth.

• Omonoro

April 1, 2016 at 1:34 am

Whocares – good sense of humor *chuckling*

19. LOL

March 31, 2016 at 11:31 am

Gross, distasteful! Horse pulling a mule that’s what the walk down the aisle looks like. Perfect metaphor for the whole charade!

• whocares

March 31, 2016 at 11:39 am

@LOL- Distasteful is the word. Shame on me for not even reading the details before I jumped to the pictures.. has to be a virgin? shy? beautiful.. Im sorry, is she a bride or a puppy?

• tunmi

March 31, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Na who I go ask? I read that part and my mind went ew

20. Oma

March 31, 2016 at 11:35 am

Kilode???

21. Bey

March 31, 2016 at 11:41 am

Welll its dere money. I have no problem with lavish spending so far you didn’t get the money thru corruption like most of our leaders, or its not blood money, its gotten thru hard earned means.
    I don’t know d man’s history, but afterall you wont carry d money to heaven. Who is to say he doesn’t help d underprivileged in his country. Those shouting abt helping d needy, ask them with dere little resources do they give to beggars on d road, have they ever gone to dere nearest motherless babies to drop just a can of milk. Do they even send 5k to dat relative in school who is just struggling to get thru school. We can shout abt d mega rich helping d needy, but do you help d needy urself in ur own little way ?
    Abit decadent for me, as I go towards more simplistic styles of décor. But the dress is lovely albeit that matching hand bag looks abit ridiculous with d dress.
    All in all, its dere money. As ppl don’t judge you as you spend yours. Pls don’t judge others. That 50k you spend on champagne at d club, to poorer ppl it also signifies you being wasteful. To each its own jare.

22. zibaintl

March 31, 2016 at 12:21 pm

y do u work your ass to get money if d society esp naija people will b d ones to tell u wat u should use your money for n how much to spend. d man don work money n him de old sef ….one life for everyone bikko..for those talking about d poor, d man tell una say him no de help d poor?,,,.even Jesus talk say d poor will always be among u, allow d woman to use d expensive ointme nt on me…make una concentrate to make una r/ship or marriage to work or last rather dan saying ” i hope d marriage will last” for newly weds… happy married life.

23. mabel

March 31, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Bogotaya Cemya. Ochen bagati. Krasata.

24. Missy J

March 31, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Oya, Ndi BellanaijaWeddings the standard has been raised.
    Come show us what you got. Take no prisoner. Lol!
    The decor has got this ethereal glow.
    Wishing the couple a happy married life.

25. "changing moniker"

March 31, 2016 at 1:10 pm

what’s that gift for guests biko? i don’t understand what i’m seeing

• ak

March 31, 2016 at 3:53 pm

AS IN… Money that has slapped your face…. We can’t even understand what we seeing

Jesus, bless us too!!!!

26. Informant

March 31, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Ha I put BN on to this on Insta last night! Glad to see yall ran with it 🙂 Lavish if there is any other word and I quite like how someone described it as a charade…but I guess when you are rich with more money than you know what to do with, this ish is what you do. God punish money o.

27. swagg1

March 31, 2016 at 6:26 pm

Attention Dangote,Otedola, and looting politicians take note and stop the useless noise claiming you are all rich. Please dont try to compete because its a new day in Nigeria where EFCC will be watching on frivilous spending.

28. Felicia

March 31, 2016 at 7:33 pm

The bigger the wedding
    The shorter the marriage
    🙂

• Abs

March 31, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Do you really believe that?

29. Felicia

March 31, 2016 at 7:34 pm

I am sure the Lab did the decor.
    Anyone who is in the wedding industry know who the lab is. The best ever. I can see her handwriting on this one

30. winneR

March 31, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Not impressive,quite garish and in poor taste.I have seen more lavish and classy looking Nigerian weddings.I doff my hat to Nigerians and style.

• aj

April 1, 2016 at 3:03 am

I agree with your assessment of the wedding. Why would they invite jlo? money miss road!

31. Esther

March 31, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Seems to me she’s just a trophy wife. A beautiful thing to hang on his arm @ events and show off- see! this is the beautiful virgin I married; and no, she’s not a person, just a shy, pretty object that qualified to be called my wife. I did her a favour just cos she met all the criteria.
    Hian!!! Everything looks beautiful except the wedding dress, so shapeless and uncomfortable a luxury. It’s their money though. I sure hope this marriage lasts and he treats her with respect, cos it seems he just purchased a wife that has not been broken in. Goodluck!

32. Omonoro

April 1, 2016 at 1:30 am

Some bride’s will make heaven and earth plans for their weddings so that people will continuously talk about it and fail to plan for the rest of their married life forgetting that people will talk more if it doesn’t work… Its not the wedding that matter’s but everyday after.

33. Csilla

April 7, 2016 at 7:18 am

Money can not buy eighter style or love.
    Money will never give you happiness, unless you use it for lifting other people by caring.

34. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

April 8, 2016 at 6:37 pm

This makes all these fancy Nigerian Wedding look like a play on the playground