BN TV

Watch AY & Mabel Makun’s Interview on the AMVCA 2016 Red Carpet

AY Makun and his wife Mabel stepped out together for the 2016 AMVCAs and they looked good together as they walked the red carpet.

They held hands all through AY’s interview with Pulse TV showing how united they are. During the Interview AY focused on positive things including his movie and more.

When asked why women get all dressed up, Mabel (who usually doesn’t grant interviews) stated that women dress up to feel good about themselves and not necessarily for any man. We have to agree with that.

Watch below.

1. Tee

March 8, 2016 at 12:04 pm

wow standing there like a flipping lemon are you JOKING?? WOW

2. prince

March 8, 2016 at 12:13 pm

OK. everyone dresses to feel good not only women.

• Olu

March 8, 2016 at 2:10 pm

The question was about women.

3. iy

March 8, 2016 at 12:20 pm

The wife, hmmmmm.

4. Cindy

March 8, 2016 at 12:24 pm

What an awkward interview.

• osa

March 8, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Truly awkward. Also wanted to hear his wife’s diction’. A little better than ay’s.

• Sims

March 9, 2016 at 12:41 am

Exactly. That’s was painful to watch.
      So what if the interviewer would have asked her about recent news? She has the opportunity to say ‘I’ll rather not comment’. This their strategy to avoid such a question fell flat, man.

5. mssexy

March 8, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Why can’t he just let her speak for herself!
    She’s so uncomfortable like all is staged!
    In Ays voice ‘if u talk nonsense ur end don come’ I feel for her….marriage is not by force. I may be wrong though but this doesn’t depict a happy one! I refused to be deceived!

• tish

March 8, 2016 at 1:04 pm

You see what you want to see last last. Only God knows how many women have moved out of their homes, and have come back to a marriage that is still working. If you’ve seen her at all, you’ll know she is extremely shy, I’m even surprised she granted an interview.. marriage is not by force but one doesn’t just throw it away either. If it can be worked on, then by all means, it should. It is not a joke.

• Ijebujesha

March 8, 2016 at 3:00 pm

My dear. I bet they are American-made o. Nothing like working on it here. Any slight issue, they’re out. They could even wake up on the wrong side of their bed and feel bored and decide they’re done. Pathetic people. Unfortunately, many of our Nigerian women here are copying-you know we copy anything American (good or bad)- baby daddy, baby mummy o, accent o ….just about any and everything. Copying their family will finally ruin Nigeria as a nation because our strong family values is what has been helping us get bye all along. #Enoughsaid.

• fortherightsofmen

March 8, 2016 at 10:01 pm

This couple are very much in love. Based on body language, I don’t know what people are talking about because seeing how they still managed to hold their hands together for most part of the interview (in spite of AY holding his mobile) kind of sends a message that we are a team – and that is what marriage is about; being a team. Also, when she took her hands of they, without looking down, unconsciously sync their hands back together and even tighter this time. And that was when she answered the question. All marriages have challenges but God bless them together.

• Jade

March 8, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Mrs I too know. She seems shy which brings a lot of awkwardness. If she’s been controlled, she wouldn’t have spoken at all. And she said her opinion. No marriage is perfect. And I will say people in the spotlight even have harder challenges, all eyes is on you waiting for you to do something negative. I hope they work on their marriage, whatever differences they have which can also be differences in personality, they can work it out.

6. tannie

March 8, 2016 at 12:41 pm

This kind interview way wife no dey talk. Ok bye

7. Mama Dammy

March 8, 2016 at 1:06 pm

She was just standing there silent… Then in her mind she said “what the heck” and spoke up! Even Ay looked surprised! He was doing all the talking for her! Even if as a rule she doesn’t do interviews, this is different! Red carpet interviews are mostly about the event they are there for and what they are wearing… It’s not as if she was going to start spilling about her marriage. Recent happenings in my circle of friends and society in general have led me to believe that women married to rich men are the worse sufferers of the Stockholm Syndrome. It is well.

8. Okay now

March 8, 2016 at 1:11 pm

That was awkward!

9. isaid!!

March 8, 2016 at 1:25 pm

@mama dammy, you are so right.

10. Miss Mo

March 8, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Hilarious, i guess she realized she looked weird just standing there, considering there is a difference between getting interviewed and light banter on the red carpet

11. LOL

March 8, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Wow, very very awkward…humans are difficult to deal with…but a guy like AY with ego and apparent success…hmmm

12. Ebere

March 8, 2016 at 1:59 pm

I really don’t see anything wrong with this interview, all I see is a beautiful and shy woman who came to support her husband…….

13. Bey

March 8, 2016 at 2:01 pm

She’s not in show biz must she talk ?
    Does Oprah’s Steadman talk ?
    They’ve been 2geda 10yrs or so, if dey fought and reconciled, whatz d biggy.
    Even relationships r hard to sustain nwdays, not to talk of marriage.

• Sweets

March 8, 2016 at 8:36 pm

They’ve been together 31years.

14. Noname

March 8, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Abegi Mabel Makun shy ba wo. You know that type of shyness that you don’t know how to express yourself and then you keep quiet. It works well.

15. Moyo

March 8, 2016 at 3:02 pm

This AY is such a male chauvinist, so we must know that he bought the dress and it is expensive. Everyone on the red carpet has said who their designer is, AY had to tell us that the dress cleared his account. Hmmn na wa o. Couldn’t he just shut up and allow her to talk

16. Kels

March 8, 2016 at 3:42 pm

The smile on my face when she spoke…. Pretty lady and she strikes me as a good person.

17. Briishqueen

March 8, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Awkward!awkward!!awkward. Was she shy or was she just uncomfortable with the interview? She didn’t get a chance to speak, babe had to take the chance by force. Lol

18. Wow

March 8, 2016 at 4:07 pm

People will see what they want to see regardless. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with this interview. The hostess already mentioned Mabel doesn’t do interviews hence she directed all her questions to Ay. If Mabel had spoken throughout, people will still read meaning to it. Abeg, it’s their marriage, nobody knows what goes on behind the scenes and really it’s not our business to know.

19. keeks

March 8, 2016 at 4:25 pm

ewwwwwwww!!!! ewwwwwww!!!! chai, i was cringing watching this. The interview looks forced! cant she talk, even the interviewer sef! ko ti nu, u no try o, your comments abi questions, dont you watch juliana?. wify looks like she had to just stand there and smile… kai BN did yal put this here for us to dissect??? u want us to say what yall thinking? well her dress is pretty.

20. viv

March 8, 2016 at 5:14 pm

@mamadammy spot on!!

21. beutiful

March 8, 2016 at 5:51 pm

She is very beautiful and I really like her mien.

22. Missykissy

March 8, 2016 at 7:05 pm

Na waa oo…we know it’s ur marriage but the day fowl yansh go open ehnnnnn….I reserve my comment ?

23. Zero

March 9, 2016 at 12:06 am

The wife no sabi speak english well jare, her comment made no sense.Una even hear am well at all? No wonder she keeps quiet…she is Patience Jona number 2!!!!

• boo

March 9, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Actually, her English is not that good. She said and I quote ” I think women actually dressed up for themselves not necessarily to make anybody happy” watch again.

24. St.Yves

March 9, 2016 at 8:56 am

In my opinion there’s nothing awkward about the interview. AY is the celebrity and did most of the talking, which is expected. All I see is a beautiful (perhaps) shy woman standing beside her husband. Let’s not create a storm out of a tea cup. Like Madonna sang ” you only see what your eyes want to see….you’re frozen when your heart is not open.”

25. my analysis

March 9, 2016 at 2:51 pm

my analysis

My analysis from the view and body communication
    1. She looks timid
    2. AY is used to the crowd and talking, so he can do/joke about just anything y she cant.
    3. Seems she is dull upstairs. Many fine girls are dull- they cant communicate/flow. All about them is their beauty

26. Idomagirl

March 13, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Mabel is a fine babe. See her figure, lovely dress.