BN TV

Adrienne Bailon CONFIRMS she’s dating Gospel Singer Israel Houghton

adrienne-baillon-vacation-photos-2-00-480w
Barely a month after the internet was ablaze with news of Adrienne Bailon dating Israel Houghton following the end of his 20-year marriage, she has come out to reveal how it actually went down.
As a co-host on “The Real” Adrienne has exclusively confirmed that she is indeed dating the Grammy Award–winning Christian music artist after a year of being single. Her co-hosts were on-hand to help her dispel rumours.
In this interview, she sets the record straight to say that she was not the cause of Houghton’s divorce. Adrienne also shares how they started out as just friends and reveals that even her ex-fiancé, Lenny Santiago, checked on her in the midst of all of the rumors!
Here’s what she said:
 Yes, I am dating. His name is Israel Houghton. As some of you guys may know…And I think, I’m more than anything so grateful that I have a platform like this where I can be with my girls. The show is called The Real. It is a place to speak about the truth and honesty and be real about things. So with that being said, this man pictured here is not married. Praise God!
So, with that being said, he had actually put out a statement.… He is single, number one. And I think the other thing that people were saying was that I was the cause of his divorce. Which I think any divorce is obviously a sad thing people have to go through. It takes time to get through that sort of thing. And I think no-one put that time together. I think you see an announcement made you know, at the top of this year and then you see these photos and you say to yourself, “Well let’s put this together.” But this is why I’m grateful for moments like this because it allows you to set the facts straight. And God forbid the facts get in the way of a really good juicy story.
I’m going to say the truth and the truth of the matter is that isn’t the case. He obviously is divorced. He had put out a statement saying that he had failed in his marriage and it was about five years back. I didn’t know him at that time, so to put that blame on me was obviously hurtful.
Check out the short clip below and be sure to tune in on April 5th to get all the details!

1. keke driver

April 5, 2016 at 10:51 am

Israel do you still carry the anointing??

• Jade

April 7, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Adrienne, sabi like post married, divorcee man with kids sha. Lenny was a newly divorced man too. Anyway, Adrienne and Israel good luck.

• Joke

April 7, 2016 at 8:48 pm

No mind am. Always hooking up with sloppy seconds.

2. Valentina

April 5, 2016 at 10:51 am

People should please let them be, whatever you sow, you reap.

3. Rer

April 5, 2016 at 11:54 am

Let he who is without sin cast the first the stone. #flips hair and walks away#

4. Na wa

April 5, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Na wa. Na real wa

5. Na wa

April 5, 2016 at 1:50 pm

*this man here is single, Praise God*
    ——- smh, people don’t even revere God any longer.

*He failed in his marriage, that was about 5 years time*
    —— How do we know Israel was being truthful about the failure actually being 5 years ago, after all he is the one in the media, no one would know the truth. Secondly, a man who failed in his marriage, pray tell, what makes you think yours would be any different? Oh well, nothing is hidden under the sun sha and time will surely always tell. A relationship built on lust as its foundation cannot last. It’s all a matter of time.

• Rose Okwy

April 5, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Should he then remain single for having failed in his marriage?

• OLORUNSOGO KEHINDE

April 6, 2016 at 2:31 pm

that’s not what i think he meant, look somethings we are very careful about our steps in the Christendom because of unbelievers if something about us or the way we do things cant be different then what makes us believers….Look i’m sure Israel has patched things up with God it wouldn’t be wise if he doesn’t, so lets move on but that’s not to say we should not point when something doesn’t seem right as christian but our job is’nt to judge, we should pray and encourage our fellow brethen!..thanks

6. mrs chidukane

April 5, 2016 at 1:55 pm

I looooove the Real and Adrienne Baillon. Good for her, wish them the best.

• Lily

April 5, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Me too! I love Adrienne and Israel together. SO so happy for both of them. I was only sad knowing that people would be too quick to judge “Rob Kardashian’s ex” or “The worship leader who failed in his marriage”. God I wish them the best, hopefully, they get married too!. Adrienne has the purest, most free-spirited heart.

• "changing moniker"

April 9, 2016 at 8:07 pm

she’s a terrible actress….that movie “how i fell in love with a church girl or smthg” was incredulously in it’s borringness….. what i mean is it was very dry… haba! how can they fall in love while filming such?

7. ab

April 5, 2016 at 5:03 pm

This story is very weak! But then time always tells..

Follow @ilovethehighstreet

8. Chi

April 6, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Hmmm….read between the lines…yes he’s divorced now…but he wasn’t divorced when y’all started messing around with each other…you guys should just tell the truth and shame the devil….I mean it’s your prerogative if you want to remain silent on the issue…but if you’re going to put out a statement the least u can do is to be honest….Israel said you guys met 2 years ago while filming a movie….Yet said movie was completed 5 years ago…i guess he didn’t figure people would google him…ewu…..now Adrienne wants to come out with her own intentionally vague statement that basically says nothing…abeg…both Israel and Adrienne should take a cue from Israel’s ex wife and just remain silent….I’m not sure why this story is paining me sef…but for some reason it does…oh well