Scoop

“At 52 I found the love of my life” George Clooney Gushes about wife Amal in Esquire Magazine May 2016 Issue

Geroge Clooney

Hollywood Actor & Director George Clooney appeared for the 9th time on Esquire Magazine‘s Cover.

The 54-year-old actor was photographed for the cover with a cute puppy while wearing a classy suit! George had the opportunity to talk to Esquire about love, friends and the legacy he hopes to leave at the end of his career..

See excerpts from his interview:

On his wife Amal
“I’ve never been happier in a relationship by any stretch of the imagination. At 52 I found the love of my life and I’m really happy.”

On being past his “due date”
“I’m not gonna be carrying movies the way I did before. There are actors you’ll see that try to hold on to this leading-man status long past the due date.”

On his Friendship with President Barack Obama
Obama is deeply funny and he always gets the joke. He’s also a very good basketball player. The truth of the matter is, in my lifetime certainly there’s never been a president who’s been up against so much obstructionism. Yet he’s managed to do an awful lot of things, and he’s had to do it with a sense of humor that I wouldn’t have kept. At some point, I would’ve said, “You know what, boys? Why don’t we step outside?”

On his legacy
“I look back and think I’ve got seven or eight films that will stand the test of time. That’s my legacy, I suppose.”

Read up the full story here.

Photo Credit: Nigel Parry for Esquire Magazine.

1. Anon

April 21, 2016 at 11:45 am

It is never too late and delay isn’t denial. It’s just that society is kinder to men than to women.

Cue Hugh Grant. He’s not married but has 4 kids since turning 50 in 2010.

2. keke driver

April 21, 2016 at 11:54 am

If He was born In Nigeria, people would have said “Dem dey follow this one from village” cos He wasn’t married at 51.

3. robby

April 21, 2016 at 1:35 pm

On being past his “due date”
    “I’m not gonna be carrying movies the way I did before. There are actors you’ll see that try to hold on to this leading-man status long past the due date”…yea that’s How it should be, someone should pls advice uncle Kenneth okonkwo to stop playing a young prince looking to marry the finest maiden in nollywood movies o, the man has passed his due date nau!

• Laide

April 21, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Lol. You re hilarious. Come to think of it. You are so right.

4. chi-e-z

April 21, 2016 at 2:41 pm

brah…he was only 52 and look like that. he age fast oh…ok maybe I need 2 stop comparing people 2 my parents but my mom and dad in/at their 50s barely had grey hair. being kind n cheerful is good 4 the genes oh.

• Laide

April 21, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Hmmm you are funny o. What about people in their early 30’s and has grey hair? Is not by age again o. He looks good and aging fine. I guess your parent are beautiful too. Just admire jare. @chiez

5. Oma

April 21, 2016 at 3:27 pm

I loved his comments about Obama.

6. Tosin

April 21, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Taurus season, Baby.

7. swagg1

April 22, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Shady Esquire, wouldnt it be nice to have his wife with him on the cover instead of a dog???