Relationships

From Breakups to Makeups…Dabota Lawson celebrates hubby’s birthday with Loving Message

BellaNaija.com

Dabota Sunny AkuDabota Lawson surprised fans this morning by celebrating her husband Sunny Aku‘s birthday. The beauty queen turned beauty entrepreneur had previously filed for divorce but it seems as though the couple is keen to work things out.

Here is what she shared;
KING WAS BORN TODAY!!!! ???? I celebrate you honey for all that you are and have been to me . May God almighty bless you now and forever … #birthdayBoy #mushyStuffInMyHandWrittenLetter ????

Dabota accompanied her note with lots of romantic photos with her hubby. Congrats to the couple!

Already commenters on Instagram are reacting to the surprise. Some are questioning Dabota’s motives for the reunion.

This letter Dabota shared a few weeks ago may answer their questions.
***
DABOTA LAWSON.
GRADUATE UNIVERSITY OF LEICESTER, UNITED KINGDOM.
BA FINANCIAL ECONOMICS .2:1 .
2008

DABOTA LAWSON
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT.
LONDON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE ( LSBF) 2011
DABOTA LAWSON MISS NIGERIA UK 2009 .. I’m beauty and brains and that’s a fact !!!
In a world where females think to get rich quick . I’ve paid my dues and still paying.
I got my 1st job at the age 16 whilst in college in Leicester. @justice_2ndus @redlipsblackmascara remember how funny it was when we were registered to blue arrow agency in college and we were so proud to be working class girls .. Looool
For those of you esp in the media that try to portray my 1st ” taste of wealth” in your myopic mind to create hits for you by saying it was when I got married . You all didn’t do any research , you are all lazy and are a disgrace and sorry excuse and demean the real job of journalism. As a child I had the best life and my parent provided everything , we were given the best education and two holidays each year abroad.
No poor family can train 4 children in the UK on international school fees . God bless my mum and dad for the opportunity. ( thank God almighty)
That never made me have a big head and if anything my childhood inspired me to want to be great. When I met my husband I was still working . He had to beg and pay me to stop work and still I refused and found my calling in business which I started out of my pocket money N789,000. No one gave me millions to start a business. Anyway I’m tired
It’s really easy for women to try to bring other women down. It’s fun because it makes them feel good about themselves. It give those women a temporary relief of the fact that their own lives is in shambles or the person too is not perfect . BUT WHO IS PERFECT ANYWAY??? BUSINESS NOW A FEWS YEARS LATER WITH LIFES UPS AND DOWN , WITH ALL MY MISTAKES AND WRONG DOINGS , ITS BOOMING THANKS TO MY LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.
This is my flash back … IM AM A QUEEN AND NO ONE EXCEPT GOD CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME!!!

1. Dumebi

April 15, 2016 at 7:46 am

Liar, liar weave on fire!!!! We know your type. Use and dump. Happy birthday honey ko, honey no. Money Don finish for ya purse. Prince Aku use your brain now o

• Amaa

April 15, 2016 at 10:20 am

Am I the only that noticed Mr Aku is looking younger everyday look at his picture on his wedding day and now there is a huge difference

• Beeeee

April 15, 2016 at 2:10 pm

You are not the only one….I was about to say the same thing. He looked like a grandpa on the wedding day and now he is looking like a fresh bobo…lol

• LOL

April 15, 2016 at 3:24 pm

By the sounds of all her degrees, perhaps it’s Dabota that should use her brains. Saying that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with falling in love with someone your father’s age…there are some absolutely attractive silver foxes out there. I only wonder why these socialites only fall for older men with baggage and more than seven zeros after their names. Young or old, as long as they are rich….they are for the taking. Perhaps the old ones are more faithful and responsible and shorter life expectancy but then with life you never know…they may be virile and live till 106!!!!

• Kaeto

April 15, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Y’all just sad, if you can pay her bills, give her the life she desires without killing anyone then do so or shut up… Anybody that makes no impact on a person’s life becomes irrelevant and obviously a hater. So your useless self can continue hating- enemy of progress, the Wizards and witches in society…. So what, if she married her grandfather age mate, na your body dey fill am… Idiots.

2. Chi

April 15, 2016 at 8:05 am

Whatever makes you sleep better at night darling!

3. Cynhams cakes, Abuja.

April 15, 2016 at 8:08 am

You never say never with marriage. I wish them well. Happy birthday sir.

4. cynhamscakesabuja

April 15, 2016 at 8:18 am

If they really reconciled, then i’m really happy for them.

5. December Wind

April 15, 2016 at 8:28 am

Some people just love being in the news . I wonder what this does for them , Today break up , tomorrow make up , today ( I filed for divorce , you see I’m not a gold digger . Tomorrow ( here are videos of me chilling with my honey and king ) yesterday ( I’m from a rich home ) in the future (started from the bottom now we’re here..

Madam we don’t wanna know . Silence is golden . A private life is the real happy life . Insecure people always trying to prove a point ,thanks to social media for the platform.

• Cindy

April 15, 2016 at 8:54 am

Please stop with your fallacies. Privacy doesn’t guarantee a happy life neither does publicity mean you are not happy. Let people do what they wanna do and stop lording your preferences over them.

• Olanma

April 15, 2016 at 10:20 am

Cindy, privacy doesn’t always guarantee a happy life. But 90% of the time, people who live private lives are better off than people who live public lives. It’s important to keep your private life private. And that’s the fact. Privacy is key. Sade Okoya marries someone of her Grandpa’s age, and though it is bizarre and absolutely odd, you don’t see her on the media, in a controversial manner 24/7.

• jasmine

April 15, 2016 at 2:27 pm

omg you said exactly everything right out of my tongue.

6. Ifeatu

April 15, 2016 at 8:30 am

Beautiful write up. No one has a right to judge except God. Let us wish them well,
    a happy marriage and a happy birthday. Women need to learn to strengthen other women and not bring them down.

7. Iya

April 15, 2016 at 8:41 am

Dabota…Dabota. Dabota…..smh….it’s like you never learn….why the need to publicise your life so much. Tomorrow if things go downhill again you’ll say the haters have come when everyday you give these ‘haters’ ammunition…..take it easy oh….

8. Yolanda

April 15, 2016 at 8:55 am

Everything to stay in the “news”!!! Social media love. MY OPINION biko

9. jhennique

April 15, 2016 at 8:57 am

she writes quite well. Her grammar is good. im impressed!

• Minka

April 15, 2016 at 3:42 pm

I hope that’s a joke. You need to read what she’s written all over again. ..”It give those women a temporary relief of the fact that their own lives is in shambles or the person too is not perfect . BUT WHO IS PERFECT ANYWAY??? BUSINESS NOW A FEWS YEARS LATER WITH LIFES UPS AND DOWN “,

• Ibiba

April 15, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Bad bad girl Minka!
      Stop it joor. I was thinking it’s BN’s error o. Lwkmd

10. T

April 15, 2016 at 9:26 am

There’s really nothing wrong if they’ve reconciled. People break up and make up all the time. What I find uncomfortable is the need to express everything on social media. Everyone,including celebrities, is free to live their lives the way it pleases them without having to explain anything.You owe no one no explanation!stop giving it!

I’m not a die-hard Beyonce fan,but damn!i just loooooove how the Carters keep mute and let you have H.B.P,choi! That solange elevator fight?see statement…”there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it”. EHN!!! Jusslaikdat?!!! Till today,we dunno the true story. And we might never know. And we’re all alright. Nobody has died.

11. Princess P

April 15, 2016 at 9:37 am

We dey watch….
    Breeze go soon blow, fowl yansh go open

12. Cheekie

April 15, 2016 at 9:44 am

Well i guess even with all the degrees and her parents having money to train 4kids in the Uk. Having the billionaire money is not bad after all,guess she missed the lifestyle…
    Whatever rocks her boat really,i just hope they really both love each other genuinely.. Good for you girl…

13. iyke

April 15, 2016 at 10:11 am

I thought they are cute together.Love the pic where they are both in bed.Husband looks well kept.
    Beautiful couple…..doing what makes them happy.

14. hmmm

April 15, 2016 at 10:34 am

Wow see love…oh I mean see money.

15. Vidavi

April 15, 2016 at 11:09 am

Mr Aku, aka recharge card.
    I guess Dabota ran out of credit and needed a top up. SMH

16. ohyeah

April 15, 2016 at 11:28 am

Where all of una wey dey carry panadol on top of another person headache? Ntor!

17. Keeky

April 15, 2016 at 12:13 pm

No more money in le bank…girl had to reconcile the relationship real quick.
    When plan B fails, you go back to plan A.
    I’m sure she’s ready to put up with whatever bs she couldn’t put up with before.
    Once a baby girl, always a baby girl ??

18. concerned

April 15, 2016 at 12:25 pm

I”ve always wondered…
    Those who always tell Celebs to keep their lives private, if you want them to keep their lives private, why do you visit gossip blogs? Don”t you visit blogs to read about their private lives? It baffles me when I see peeps on LIB,SDK and BN saying “keep your lives private”. Then what are you doing there?
    Just thinking out loud

• Ewurafua

April 15, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Are you seriously asking? The last time I checked Bellanaija had more to offer than celeb gossip, hence why people visit the site. Eg. Wedding and events, business and career ideas, relationship topics, an agony aunt, movies and tv shows we should look out for, style and fashion etc.
      SDK has her chronicles, IHN, educative stuff etc. that draw people. It just happens to be a bonus if she gets some exclusive celeb gossip.

19. Ewurafua

April 15, 2016 at 1:51 pm

I would really appreciate it if someone can clarify things for me.
    If a man is still legally married to his first wife, and the second woman in the picture was not married traditionally (or at least that we the public know of), but they instead had an event which could classify as a reception, can they technically “divorce”, especially in the court of law?

20. Sara

April 15, 2016 at 8:02 pm

Miss desperado runs is not paying she wants to run back to mr Aku, ole jati jati

21. Fossil

April 16, 2016 at 6:12 pm

According to her ” hope she no longer live in fear of the unknown and hope he has finally divorce his 1st wife 4 her, bcos this her all her reasons for filling for divorce in the 1st place.