Scoop

“No one gave me millions to start a business” – Dabota Lawson has a Message for Internet Trolls

Dabota Lawson Aku

It’s the clapback season for all these celebrities.

Dabota Lawson is not here for Internet trolls who always have something to say. The former beauty queen posted a message on her page a couple of hours ago in a bid to explain to people how much struggle he has had to go through to be where she is today.

She started off by listing some of her accomplishments:

Dabota Lawson.
Graduate university of Leicester, United Kingdom.
Ba financial economics .2:1 .
2008

Dabota Lawson
Management Accountant .
London School Of Business And Finance ( Lsbf) 2011

Dabota Lawson Miss Nigeria Uk 2009.. I’m Beauty And Brains And That’s A Fact !

Then she went on to say:

In a world where females think to get rich quick. I’ve paid my dues and still paying.  I got my 1st job at the age 16 whilst in college in Leicester. @justice_2ndus @redlipsblackmascara remember how funny it was when we were registered to blue arrow agency in college and we were so proud to be working class girls .. Looool

For those of you esp in the media that try to portray my 1st ” taste of wealth” in your myopic mind to create hits for you by saying it was when i got married . You all didn’t do any research , you are all lazy and are a disgrace and sorry excuse and demean the real job of journalism. As a child i had the best life and my parent provided everything , we were given the best education and two holidays each year abroad.

No poor family can train 4 children in the uk on international school fees . God bless my mum and dad for the opportunity. ( thank god almighty)  that never made me have a big head and if anything my childhood inspired me to want to be great.

When i met my husband i was still working . He had to beg and pay me to stop work and still i refused and found my calling in business which i started out of my pocket money n789,000. No one gave me millions to start a business.

Anyway i’m tired it’s really easy for women to try to bring other women down. It’s fun because it makes them feel good about themselves. It give those women a temporary relief of the fact that their own lives is in shambles or the person too is not perfect . But who is perfect anyway??? Business now a fews years later with lifes ups and down , with all my mistakes and wrong doings , its booming thanks to my lord and savior Jesus Christ.

This is my flash back … Im am a queen and no one except god can take that away from me!!!

1. lamo

March 11, 2016 at 2:29 pm

RIDE ON GIRL.

• Damilola

March 12, 2016 at 7:07 pm

At the end of the day, men choose this women to marry. A woman will have to marry bill Gates, to Dangote right. And whatever woman they choose, it’s their business. Young, video vixen or educated woman it’s the guy’s choice. And a rich man taking care of his “wife” should be normal. It’s not easy dealing with him and taking care of the children, so he better appreciate her in several ways. We women need to stop bashing other women and belittle them to nothing. Many of this women are smart, intelligent and have goals of their own.
      A lot of men marry for beauty, trophy wives. So, being a wife doesn’t mean automatic access to his money like that. Most of the time, some of the men prefer a stay home woman. I have an aunt who married into a wealthy family. Her husband made it clear that she’s here to just take of him and their children. When she wanted to venture into her own business, she received zero financial support from him. She had to look outside to get the money she needed.

2. Nuna

March 11, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Ok we have heard.

3. Mr. Egghead

March 11, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Nobody gave you millions

Are you a descendant of Lai Mohammed

• Osa

March 11, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Lol. 2 overseas holidays each year as a child.

Maybe port harcourt ‘over the sea’ .holiday in Lagos or Ghana. No be today public figures dey lie and change facts about themselves.

. So all you got from your hubby was a range rover and a couple of actual holidays (the way we describe them today).

So he just sat back after telling you to resign and then he watched you start your make up line without taking up the responsibility of giving you the full capital? Rich family, you claim but see who you ended up with and how you handled the whole thing.

Sorry but You don’t sound or act posh at all.
      Girls from rich families don’t show off sugar daddy money on IG, becos they’ve always had the so called luxury.

This depression from the divorce is distorting your reasoning.
      Just shut up till you get your head back on your neck.

Best of luck in further distorting facts.

4. sweet breeze

March 11, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Yup! Let them know!! People, especially women, should stop hating and stop trying to water down someone’s accomplishments just cuz they haven’t done well for themselves or aren’t happy with their lives. Carry on, girl.

5. Okada man

March 11, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Mehn, though a bit harsh but the girl get point sha! I hate that i agree with her! Ugh.

6. Chic

March 11, 2016 at 3:07 pm

Girl you better read them to the high heavens!!! I married a wealthy man, but I am a corporate attorney and a boss in my own right! People like to judge what they don’t understand. She made the choice to marry the man, she has since moved on from that phase and crass blackmailing heifers like Linda and Stella still won’t let her breathe. And no this is not Dabota. I don’t even know the girl, but I have nothing but love for her. And mba my husband is not old but I am sick and tired of people judging women just because they have the platform to make tasteless noise! We all take different paths in life. Respect people’s choices.

• Olu

March 11, 2016 at 5:45 pm

A female calling Linda and Stella ‘heifers’ on BN just to support another female.

Oh well

• lmao

March 12, 2016 at 12:56 am

I think say na only me see am, she must be one of these faux-feminists, they’re plenty these days. smh.

7. Miss jazz

March 11, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Tell them girl!

8. AB

March 11, 2016 at 3:35 pm

why spell God that way?…Honey, nobody is hating on you (ok or maybe some people are)!, Fair enough you started your first business (note I said first) cause I want to believe this cosmetic ishhh isnt the first! with your own money! Marrying a wealthy man gave you leverage and access to get things moving as quickly as possible…and helped propel you to a level you probabaly would have got to in say 2-3 years which is also not too bad for a business. Its okay if you husband supported that growth! Just say it, its okay to be an intelligent woman who was supported by a man you once loved or is/was married to! When you pretend that you were not helped or supported when in fact you were that makes you a hypocrite! So madam think about what you say before you say it madam BA in economics! And No child, I didnt come here to hate on her (I know you got die hard fans), I am a woman who has received help from boos and guy friends and will never lie about it! My business game still on fire and it doesnt make me feel less of myself as a successful business owner!

• Osa

March 11, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Bless you.
      Why open your mouth to tell lies? Its like Sade okoya saying she now has money solely because she was hard working

• Ck

March 11, 2016 at 8:18 pm

She didn’t day she wasn’t helped she said she wasn’t given millions. How hard can it be to read?

9. ACE

March 11, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Abegi! Park well… stories that touch.

10. bijouxthisbijouthat

March 11, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Which god is she talking about? Definitely not the big G ‘ one and wasnt she the one who coined the moniker ‘Billionaire’s wife’ for herself?
    So yes my dear Dabota, you started the perception of feeding from a wealthy man..
    And if you were trained soo well and top of the range,why did you marry such a fugly looking old man?
    And NO dont tell me about love..

• femfem

March 11, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Exactly this!

If your parents were so rich and you were so well brought up why did you marry some old dude for money?

• Olu

March 11, 2016 at 5:48 pm

The fact that you cannot marry an old and rich man does not mean someone else can.

whatever happened to ‘love’ …or ‘love is blind’?

• chichi

March 11, 2016 at 6:16 pm

“And No don’t tell me about love” I swear this got me. But for real though, I read about her with a clothing line or boutique before she married or met her man I think. So I do believe her story somewhat, you can’t do that well in your studies and not have ambition to use it. But I agree somewhat that when you marry a man considerably older than you and call your business brand Billionaire’s wife, it kind of opens you up for attack, so when you divorce him and say actually its not all him, I did this too, well you kind of look lame. But I see where she’s coming from, its crap when people accredit all your achievements to someone else.

11. Marian

March 11, 2016 at 4:01 pm

We’ve been wired to think gold digger anytime we see a young lady with an older guy. My advice to her is to stay off social media cuz I don’t see people (the ones attacking her) stopping just because she wants them to.

Why will your husband beg and pay you to stop working at your young age ? I can understand if yall had children. I just don’t see why an educated lady in her 20s with no children will accept to be a stay at home wife. I’m sure they had maids so what is she supposed to be doing? Just stay home and look pretty? (just thinking out loud)

• A

March 11, 2016 at 4:49 pm

How is it ur business if she chooses to leave work in her 20s madam?her life,her choose. Make your choices and let her and other women make theirs in peace.

• .....just saying

March 11, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Well, when she decided to air it in public, it became our busiess

• A

March 11, 2016 at 7:29 pm

*he life her choice.please excuse the typo 🙂

12. francis

March 11, 2016 at 4:24 pm

get lost!

13. Hmm

March 11, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Please what’s management accountant – London school of business and finance….if it was a diploma, just say so. If you want to refer to a mngt accounting qual, it’s either QBE (qualified by experience) or chartered I.e ACA, CIMA,ACCA and the likes…..

You don’t owe any one any explanation but try make sense abeg

• z

March 11, 2016 at 8:02 pm

Abi oh..apart from the BSc which is pretty much pure water,whether 2:1 or third class, the other ones na one week attendance..lol and the leicester nko?which course abeg? Nne..shay na the unaccredited online degree when nobody dey finish or even talk recognise everywhere..she is just a liar..golddigger with wayo packaging. Aje kpako like you..wen go marry grandpa for money..pls take several seats jare.Who you think say be muguu for here?

14. Truth

March 11, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Marian the answer is INSECURITY.Her husband is simply afraid that as a young and obviously beautiful lady,she’ll be the prey of men especially the younger and handsome men. Even you as a lady there are times you may have felt uncomfortable when you saw other beautiful young ladies around your man.
    You need to interact with some of these older men and see the world froma different perspective. You’ll be amazed and won’t find it difficult believing Dabota or any other woman who’s married to an older man whose husband insists that she must stay at home and be a trophy wife. There a young men who even behave that way.

• Marian

March 11, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Thanks. That moment when they realize stay at home wives can still cheat. At the end of the day like my hubby will say, a cheater will still find a way to cheat even if you are monitoring him/her 24/7 with an ankle monitor.

15. prince

March 11, 2016 at 5:12 pm

We haff hia. you started your business with your money but you gave the impression that you’re a gold digger. Sometimes, we cause things for ourselves unknowingly.
    REST BIKO

16. Lol

March 11, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Story for the gods.

17. MzBeeHave

March 11, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Yaaaaawwwwnnnnn…… Please come at us with something else yeah…. As if sey we no know you from ur backyard….

18. .....just saying

March 11, 2016 at 7:21 pm

But really though…Calling your business billonaire’s wife ltd, creating fake accounts of people jealous of your life, flaunting your cars and bags all over the place. It clearly shows you weren’t born and comfortable in wealth

19. ty

March 11, 2016 at 7:38 pm

why does she feel the need to explain herself? i dont get this. it not a sin if your husband helped you achieve your goals. she must really feel so insecure that she s bothered by what people say. please keep leaving your dream and keep praying. let people talk

20. Joe Hard

March 11, 2016 at 8:21 pm

CAN SHE Pee STANDING THO. ?! #WomenaintshitbutMakeUp.

21. Nemyinspired

March 11, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Dabota, you graduate since 2008 and you are how old again? Your parents take on Vacation twice a year, where? Your pocket money over 700k, really?
    nne pls fear God… your lies no be here
    Nemyinspired.blogspot.com

22. Tee

March 11, 2016 at 10:46 pm

One of your most celebrated actress and her now married colleague sef do this kind packaging some years back to make enough money to buy their designers. The same way some aristo babe’s on Allen that made their money way back to fund their business, but today them be entrepreneurs giving speeches at seminars. Omo, people know the true entrepreneurs and the ones that tries so hard to cover their past. Na you advertise your market for all this insult o. So bear am biko.

23. Yum Yum

March 11, 2016 at 11:02 pm

Aunty, pls post the certificates as well.
    Y’all post pics on your IG. Pls take a pic of the original certificates. Not the printed copies from the market- THE ORIGINALS FROM THE SO CALLED UNIVERSITIES, COLLEGES ETC You mentioned.
    Words written by you my Dear, you could be lying.
    Just like your original skin colour. Or you want to turn around and tell us you are mixed race as well??….
    Anyone can write so called facts about them, pls prove them to us haters as well…

Haters this , haters that whenever people call you out on your Bullshit!
    And yeah I’ve taken painkillers for my “Hateriod”…. ??

24. Isi Ud

March 12, 2016 at 2:48 am

Well. After reading all the comment. This is my reply. I studied at the same Leicester university from 2004 to 2008. I also proceeded to study a master degree in 2008- this was completed in 2009. I lived in Leicester all that period (kingfisher court @ mill lane ) Got a job in British Gas through the same Bluearrow Agency -office situated near Haymarket Clocktower City Centre. At the moment I am a management accountant in Northwest UK . What LSBF offers is AAT certification and pathway to CIMA or ACCA certification. With CIMA you can pursue a career in management accounting – after acquiring many work experience using Account Payable/ Recievable ERP systems Example SAP and ORACLE, alongside years of work experience analysing data using Microsoft excel spreadsheet. So Dabota I can relate with you very well in all the points you raised.You are right you actually lived leicester and studied in LSBF. These people mocking you here in this forum -let them come to Leicester and try to study a 4years course, and work to see if it’s easy to survive doing that in a foreign country. My dear you are doing well for yourself keep it up. What ever you are doing in Lagos leverage on it to push up to the next level. Don’t fall for them-if they have the same opportunity they will do the same. Finally Dabota is good to find pple who studied in Leicester like myself, please let’s hook up.

25. jhennique

March 12, 2016 at 5:30 pm

oh Dabota! Just stop it

26. mrs chidukane

March 12, 2016 at 8:27 pm

But how do you people know she’s lying? I know many men who won’t give their wives a dime to start a business no matter how they have it,my dad inclusive. The media was calling her billionaire wife and she decided to go with It which I thought was very smart of her. Abeg free the girl.

27. Nita Jones

March 13, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Hmmmm…Dabota Lawson; I kinda use to know her though just a little bit when her family (her mum, sista n bro) used to live in Lekki (Ikota Estate).. Whenever she came around (that was before she got married), she was very very very very haughty and looked down so much on people particularly if you do not belong to the same class as her….She needs to work on her Ego. I have no issues if she says she started her business with her own money and her folks are quite comfortable enough..Yeah, her dad used to be the DG of one of the Ministries and so could afford to train her and her siblings in the UK. But the truth is that now (particularly before she married), things were rough for her and her family and infact they had to move out from the duplex at Ikota due to inability to pay their rent and they moved to a very small apartment…..

28. Ndidi

March 14, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Dabota , you go girl!
    Whatever your past story, fact is you’re here now. You’re doing it, and doing it well.
    Millions and millions of Nigerians, yet everybody knows you. That means you’ve made an impact and you matter.
    I use your products, and from the packaging to the littlest detail, everything is on point.
    Keep your eyes on your target and keep shining. We your fans respect you, and say ‘well done’.

29. Tunmi

March 15, 2016 at 1:24 am

Whether you self fund your own business or you receive help, good. She has a brand that works for her. Her releasing her certificates won’t change anyone’s mind. My dear, live your life for you

30. queenbee

April 20, 2016 at 3:56 pm

in a world of Kim k’s and anti-sluts now being an actual job. I am proud of this woman. whoever she is. Naija women. Please Netflix and chill the f$#k out. She got a degree . whether it is online or on tele. what is all this wahala. she still took time out to study something other than Instagram or Louis vuitton designs, passed exams and was awarded. She has done for herself what she felt was necessary education wide. If she chooses to date a fugly man so the fu#k what? people marry for various reasons. white black old or young. People do not marry for the same reason. How many of you can definitely say you absolutely married the one and only person. You trust 100 percent is made exactly perfectly for you. GFOH. We enter marriage for our different needs or desires. We honour the marriage- usually until it no longer honours our sanity. hopefully it does work out. and if it doesn’t. doesn’t make you a criminal or deserving of all this shade. I swear naija people make me laugh. How I see naija girls desperately scrambling in London at every other church party or network event under the guise of networking when it is just to bag a guy of reasonable age they can play nicey with who may eventually tolerate them enough to want to pop the question. The pressure is real. The majority succumb to it. So why judge this lady for also marrying how she felt was necessary to add value to her own life. Stop judging the woman for doing what she felt she needed to do for the life she felt she needed. I don’t think an educated woman is a bad role model and if anything she is trying to encourage people to know they can stand on their own 2 feet.