News

Actress April Joju Muse cries out after being Allegedly Physically Assaulted by her Younger Brother | Photos

BellaNaija.com

JOJU-MUSE-ACTRESS-BUDDING

Rising actress April Joju Muse, known for her role on Tinsel, posted on Facebook a couple of hours ago the aftermath of her younger brother’s assault on her.

Without going into details, the young actress revealed that she has cut ties with her brother after he beat her up resulting in her needing a chest and head x-ray and her suffering a seizure.

See her post below.

I regret this day the 22nd of May 2016. I was brutally assaulted by someone I least expect. I cry out against domestic violence,and I will always do. But how does one handle this? When the culprit is my own blood? Today I cut the tie between us,with no regrets!. I ddnt throw the first punch! But u beat me to a pulp. I suffered a seizure nd am to do head nd chest xray all thnks to u. Am not ashamed of this pic,am only ashamed of d monster uv turned out to be. U were brot up in d way of God. In a good home! I wonder how u turned into an end time beast. I forgive u. But u will never be part of me for this. Sme ppl will say it’s nt a social media tin. But domestic violence happens in all forms. Say NO to assault on women! Let’s join hands to sanitise our homes and environment. Say NO to all forms of domestic violence! Av a Blessed week.

She also posted evidence of the alleged abuse.

April Joju Muse 13256046_10209986741091711_7670228571364445293_n

When people reached out to her on Facebook she added “Thanks guys. My EX kid bro was d actor in d whole movie. It can only get better. At the end of the day. All man for himself.”

Photo Credit: Facebook.com/jojumuse

1. nene

May 22, 2016 at 8:34 pm

dont they have parents or extended family members? why put this on the internet?

• Bey

May 22, 2016 at 8:46 pm

I’m glad she put it out, his pic shld have even been added also.
      So women can be mindful of such men. If you can beat up ur blood sister most guys die protected. Heck their mum may be next, not to talk of d bigger society.
      Shame dem one after d other. Maybe his gfriend can see dis and re-examine their relationship and save her life in d process.

• Bey

May 22, 2016 at 8:47 pm

*protecting

• dizzy

May 22, 2016 at 9:00 pm

We all know the matter would quickly be swept under the rug and absolutely nothing would come of it.

this way….maybe the public shame would cause him(and his counterparts) to think twice next time he wants to turn a human being into his punching bag. I’m sure Ronke was not the first person Lekan beat up.

As a society its high time we STOP protecting villans and encourage people to seek justice and stand up for themselves.

2. Bey

May 22, 2016 at 8:40 pm

This is badddddd, what if she got a serious concoction went into a coma and died as naija no gud medical care.
    Any human being weda family or foe dat beats a woman up like this shld have repercussion.
    If I were you my dear April, broda or not I will have him arrested for assault. This is a Lekan Shonde in the making.
    I have a male cousin who we got into an argument like 6yrs ago or smthn, over of all things. Tiwa Savage
    He wanted to beat me up, came at me with a bottle, threw things at me. If not becos ppl held him.
    We don’t have a relationship today, and I’m not sorry abt it. Even dou d parents begged me.
    If he had succeeded in his bottle attack, I wld have had him arrested for assault and taken him to jail if need be. Theres no excuses for such an assault on a woman,weda family/foe.

3. Abe

May 22, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Mmm……….. Ok o, did she beat him as well? Is it domestic abuse or is it sibling fight gone awry/attention seeking: band wagon joining . Say no to domestic violence especially when it is due- if you fall down in a hotel by the railing because a man built it it’s not domestic violence

• Jaygirl

May 23, 2016 at 1:38 am

Nigerians suffer in silence because people like you make them feel lile scum when they cry out. U really think she did this for the attention? Na wa!

• ferrari

May 23, 2016 at 11:30 am

Even if it was her father, this is wrong!

4. Sorry

May 22, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Very bad from the blood brother,but the lady is well known for her loose mouth,she once told tribune news that she uses Toys to masturbate,such private issues coming to public only portrays her has not too disciplined herself.

• Bieber by sorry

May 22, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Na trouble you dey find so oh, sorry oh but they will come for you wait and see.

• how?

May 22, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Edakun what is the correlation between her masturbating habit and the physical assault that she suffered?

• Titi

May 22, 2016 at 10:25 pm

And why did she speak about her mastubation to the public? Some of ya’ll just don’t know where to draw the line. I’m not justifying what her bro did to her. But I really don’t know how I’ll feel if my blood speaks so easily about what goes in her crotch to the public. Small fame you pipo will be misbehaving… Mchewwww

• Strit Kredibility

May 22, 2016 at 9:22 pm

You are just an obfuscator trying to confuse the matter. It is irrelevant to this beastly act that is so reprehensible. He is absolutely insane to lay his hands on his sister in such manner no matter the provocation. We know siblings fight and say all sorts to each other but this right here is indefensible period!

• how

May 23, 2016 at 1:34 pm

No need for grammer. My younger brother slapped his girlfriend. I planned with a police team to visit him and ask him what happened. That shook him cos they zoomed into his office and spoke with him while he was sitted behind the van, See Shame. He didnt see that coming and didnt even know who sent them.
      Then I called him and told him that in his life till he dies, if he raises his hand on any woman and I hear about it, he must sleep in cell after enough brushing from mopol men in the presence of the girl he hits. I made him a promise and he knows how far I can go.
      He wrote me a long arse mail apologizing. did same to the girl. called and begged and all. promised never to try it. went to the court to sign an affidavit that he would never hit her again and all the bs.someone asked him why he was acting as if he killed someone. he said after he did it, he regretted it cos he had never done it before plus I had never sounded that way to him all his life. (we are super close and he knows i can starve for him. as in I love him to death and we hardly ever fight cos he listens to me. I have never refused him anything)
      Then e come try am for my body???? Na one over-sized Mopol man e go first wrestle with and he better beat the man to a stupor because if he doesnt?……. shebi that is his size? After the brushing I will step on his balls till he passes out from pain and the entire session will be recorded to ensure he sees it when he comes around. See BS.

• Proactive Prevention and Nipping in the Bud is Key.

May 30, 2016 at 12:50 am

@How, I’m amazed only 44 people (45 including me) liked your comment. Thank you. God bless you. You have saved lives, including your brother’s. We, this country, and the world, need many, innumerably more like you.

• oyin

May 22, 2016 at 9:29 pm

And so, does that justify anything. You people should be using style to support the bastard bro.

5. Ndidi

May 22, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Brother beat me ke?
    Disowning things be that Na!
    My own sef easy, I no dey the country.
    Argue with me sef, I block your number!
    I no fit shout!

6. @Bey, bringing issues that are not relevant

May 22, 2016 at 9:09 pm

All your post are not related,why don’t you remember the Igbo woman that killed the husband with the help of her boyfriend,because of jealousy, thinking he wanted to take another wife?Please stop bringing tribalise remembrance,there’s enough we can also remember also.

• Bey

May 22, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Sweetie, are you ok?
      Not taken ur meds perhaps?
      In ur mind, u thot of dis, typed it down, didn’t proof read for sense or language, shook ur head and clicked on post comment. Nawa.

• anonymous

May 22, 2016 at 10:23 pm

What is this one even saying.. abeg don’t give me headache with this your ewututu grammmar school reasoning and English.. I blame the person that gave you phone

7. nystyle

May 22, 2016 at 9:15 pm

In all the story u hv not said what u did to provoke the young man to beat u so .

• Ada Nnewi

May 22, 2016 at 11:06 pm

In provoking him she did not beat him…the boy behaved like an animal…

• Tosin

May 23, 2016 at 8:11 am

sometimes people just lash out sha. the boy should be corrected, seriously. learn how to express himself without attacking people. otherwise, one day he’ll attack the wrong person…and regret his life…

8. Ghj

May 22, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Umm I’m not sure I get the last part. Is she saying it’s just for a movie when she says her ex kid bro was the actor???

• Joy Ojo

May 22, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Exactly, Ghj. Can’t we all just read through to the end. I think it’s just a movie. And she said Ex kid bro, that is surely not your brother. Confused.

• le coco

May 23, 2016 at 6:41 am

Ghj.. i reckon she is saying that the culprit is the person who acted in a movie she was in i guess.. trying to identify him so people know who she is talking about

• indigo

May 23, 2016 at 6:16 pm

I am ashamed for you.. Please tell me you are an illiterate.. Naija schools are bad but can’t produce someone this dense.
      Ezechitoke!

• Apollonia

May 23, 2016 at 7:49 am

Ghj and Joy Ojo. Na una type dey fail exam. Read through to the end and then USE your heads to think!!!

• Ninny

May 23, 2016 at 1:35 pm

looool.. i tire for my country people…Yes oo na movie dem they act! smh

9. austine

May 22, 2016 at 9:36 pm

This is a dead case,she didn’t say what happened that led to the fight.as far as i am concerned, this is two adults fighting and in such case one might be wounded. However,it seems that women of this days will intentionally go out to provoke the men and when they get the beating that they so deserved theywill run to social media to shout NO TO ASSAULT ON WOMEN without telling us what lead to the assault.or have they forgotten that action causes reaction.when you touch the tail of a lion ,you will only blame yourself for what happens next.

• shield

May 23, 2016 at 12:52 pm

they deserved????? wow, no words for you.

• Coco

May 23, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Do you know what they do to rabid wild animals…….. They put them down!

10. Families protect each other.

May 22, 2016 at 9:40 pm

So because you fought with your brother,social media must know?Some things have to stay in the family,we know in families there are different prayer points,like the brother that’s a criminal,drug dealer,prostitute and so on,families protect each other,no need to come to media and disown him publicly.

• Laila

May 23, 2016 at 4:46 am

And this very public bruises she received nko? Was he protecting her?

11. Regina

May 22, 2016 at 9:47 pm

@GHJ you may be right though

12. What of their parents?

May 22, 2016 at 9:58 pm

The blood brother was wrong to hit her.Social media is taking the place of family meeting,if all family issues are put online,then all coded runs girls,house thieves,dirty lots,selfish and lazy children will be the news for gossips online,tuck it in my sister.All families have issues.

13. FeD

May 22, 2016 at 10:09 pm

So anything, everything is now domestic violence. Even if papa or mama correct pikin, siblings ague who loose go call am violence….na wah o…

14. All families have their issues

May 22, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Sometimes siblings rivalry happens,but blood is thicker than water,we step back and try to avoid getting things out of hand.

15. Anonymous

May 22, 2016 at 10:28 pm

I am happy she brought it to the public domain. Nigerian parents are the worst judges, particularly the mothers in a case involving their precious sons. None of us have a relationship with my brother today because he beat us so much while we were teenagers, and instead of correcting him, my mother said is because we have sharp mouth. It was until my father returned home and laid down the law that he began to respect himself at least in my father’s presence. I pity the girl he will marry o. I will not attend the wedding so that I can absolve myself of any blame when he eventually kills his wife.

16. Honeycrown

May 22, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Yeah @ Ghj …. I don’t get the last parargraph either. ?

17. bruno

May 22, 2016 at 10:52 pm

u tried to fight ur brother and he beat u to a pulp and now u are playing the victim card.

if u layed a hand on ur brother u are also guilty of domestic violence.

tell us the full story, I can bet she was at fault. u didn’t throw the first punch but u threw a punch or punches. u are a woman u are not stronger than a man. u ladies should caution ur selves. most of u can control ur selves.

how many times this year have I seen a lady trying to fight a man.

18. bruno

May 22, 2016 at 11:01 pm

if u layed a hand on ur brother u are also guilty of domestic violence.

how many times this year have I seen a woman trying to fight a man.

19. Hanee

May 22, 2016 at 11:07 pm

I am against domestic violence but ladies don’t hit a man first and expect him not to hit you back. Shikena

• Tunmi

May 23, 2016 at 1:22 pm

Next time, just leave it at “I am against domestic violence. Full stop

20. Abuja Bored Girl

May 23, 2016 at 12:02 am

You better have this your brother arrested.
    Memoirsofanabujaboredgirl.blogspot.com

21. T

May 23, 2016 at 12:17 am

This is the root of al domestic abuse…the HOME.until we mothers start bringing up our sons right,this cycle would not be broken.when your son hits his sister,don’t play it down to sibling disputes.raise hell and let him know it is totally unacceptable. Yes,start from the very first time he does it no matter how young.Almost every child attempted stealing (taking ownership of something that belonged to someone else) whilst growing up,but the dismay and shame our parents attached to these acts made even the most stubborn kids eventually yearn to disassociate from such.If we shared this same dismay when our sons hit their sisters,nieces,female friends…then I daresay the self control drug we r al prescribing to this grown MEN wud not be necessary,cos then their would be no disease and as such there would be no need for medication.We r al about prescribing Self Control to grown men who have spent all their lives slapping, fighting and hitting their female fam/friends in the name of youthful exhorberance and we expect them to suddenly know how to draw the line in adulthood.Folks,mothers in particular,as we raise our cute,innocent,beautiful,adorable little boys let’s remember someday our sons would become husbands and fathers,if we loose sight of this end result we would end up raising monsters.n pls forget the self control medication as far as adulthood is concerned for a man who grew up with the disease,at that stage only Jesus can fix it.

• tbaby

May 23, 2016 at 4:58 am

yes you are right about everything starts from the home. My useless 18 yrs old brother can be very violent and my folks do not say much.. i mean they allowed him be that way.. he has tried to fight with my dad and uncle so i guess.. if he can try that who are we then ?.. he almost got physical with me and i mistakenly called the cops.. they came by and my mom was livid because i called the cops on her baby boy. sha sha.. if he wants to go to jail he should try touching me.. my own is not hard at all …911 straight up.

from his upbringing, i always pray i do things different when i have kids because i just don’t know where my folks failed in raising him.. its quite sad.

22. le coco

May 23, 2016 at 6:52 am

what is vexing me is that this girl will forgive… because surely a family meeting would be called… she would not have to forgive and all.. smh… na so dem deh take kill women.. when a woman makes a decision to leave an abusive partner.. na d family deh always drag am back.. smh..

23. Bubu

May 23, 2016 at 7:04 am

Please let’s stop with this loose mouth thing. If someone gives u a loose mouth then say ur own. Why should people be physically violent like this, to the extent of her bleeding. Pls this thing should stop, she is right for speaking out bcos we know how families like to hide things in Nigeria instead of getting help. Men please learn to walk away don’t even choose to raise ur hands at all. If she insults u insult her bk but don’t hit her.

24. Tosin

May 23, 2016 at 8:08 am

In this Nigeria, na woman beat pass. na woman violent pass.
    It’s good we reduce violence within and outside the home, so help us God.

25. purple

May 23, 2016 at 8:43 am

I am 5 years older than my younger brother, but he is way taller, and is mostly at fault when we argue. we once fought like this, and I so cursed him and cried, and he apologized and I cried and prayed against all d curses I made cause I was hurt and angry at that point. that was 3-4 years ago. am not saying this ladies brother was right in beating her up like this, but I am of the opinion she is overreacting, we all have bad days, crazy siblings but this public display is not the way.

26. larz

May 23, 2016 at 9:24 am

Can we stop making excuses?
    It is a crime to hit someone, it is called assault. It is not a crime to curse someone out. If the woman cursed him out, he has a choice to walk away from her madness. If she hits him, he has a choice to report her to the cops. As it it, she made the accusation to him with bruises to show for it. We can only judge based on the evidence we have been presented. Someone that can beat another person to this level is a monster who does not know where to stop. I personally wont call out this person on social media because I am too private to but it is her decision and she has every right to call him out for who he is

27. Adenike

May 23, 2016 at 10:07 am

Forgiving is good for her peace of mind. Not for the guy. Forgiving someone doesn’t mean you let them back in your space to be able to do harm again.

28. Tchidi

May 23, 2016 at 1:42 pm

That’s not fair, but we have not heard the boys side of the story nor seen his wound sha.

• Uberhautelooks.blogspot.com

May 24, 2016 at 12:10 am

The side of his story is evident in the girls evidence- bruised lip and bloody nose