News

“From Courtroom to Classroom…” – Man Graduates From College After Spending 5 Years in Jail

Ean Polke2Ean Polke spent 5 years in Prison, and after his release, took the bold step to develop himself. He enrolled for the Rutgers University Mountainview Program, and graduated this May.

Polke shared the photo above on his Instagram handle with the caption: From the courtroom to the classroom..if I could do 5years behind bars I had to AT LEAST attempt to do 5 years behind some books.”

See other photos from his Instagram below:

Ean Polke4

He also shared a photo of his friend who also went back to school after serving a jail term.
Ean Polke's friend

Congratulations to him, and we wish him a wonderful life ahead.

Photo Credit: instagram – @fuxwrongwitus

1. Debbie

May 19, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Congrats guy!!! All the best.

Who says going to prison has to be a vicious cycle? You can break the trend

2. Pero

May 19, 2016 at 1:41 pm

God of second chance

3. ab

May 19, 2016 at 2:32 pm

well done boo boos! yes you can sure break the trend!!!

4. Winifred

May 19, 2016 at 3:03 pm

very much inspiring!

5. Mz Socially Awkward...

May 19, 2016 at 4:00 pm

I love it. He got out of prison and allowed his mind to be set free, not just his body.

Absolutely love it! Plus, it wouldn’t have been easy to do … society doesn’t really take too favourably to ex-prisoners so it still won’t remain an easy ride after crossing this hurdle but I really pray this young man continues to see an abundance of value and potential in his life that overshadows his past mistakes. Well done to Ean! May he continue to discover greater goals for himself and have the tenacity to meet them!

And it just struck me as well that some of us are in our own mental prisons, even while we’re supposed to be enjoying freedom. I’m looking at Ean working to change his life with the weight of a prison record and wondering why I can’t believe in some of my own goals which are comparatively easier to achieve without that sort of burden holding me back… may God open our eyes to our opportunities which abound.

6. Tunmi

May 19, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Well done

7. Honeycrown

May 20, 2016 at 2:42 am

Good job man!

8. monalisa

May 20, 2016 at 7:43 am

well done indeed, He was able to break the cycle.

9. ACE

May 20, 2016 at 8:17 am

Nice one, inspiring and encouraging. More Grace!