Scoop

Great Special Effects? Nollywood Actor Ani Iyoho confirms he’s Unharmed following Viral Fire Scene + Director Explains Reasons for the “Stunt”

BellaNaija.com

Nollywood actor Ani Iyoho has claimed that he is well and unharmed after a video of him burning on a movie set went viral. According to him, the scene wasn’t a publicity stunt but a movie scene that went very well.

He posted a statement on Instagram saying:

To my friends

For most of you who have ever commented or sent a chat to me you know I do all I can to respond to them all. So it hurt me deeply to keep you in silence and in the dark during this period. I couldn’t avoid it. The calls were maddening. My phone had to be turned off till the matter was resolved in public where it started.

It worried the production that anything I might say as an individual may be misinterpreted further worsening the situation. I’m truly sorry beyond words for the emotional stress and inconvenience this might have caused you. It wasn’t a publicity stunt for me as some might still want to have you believe. It was a huge misunderstanding, misrepresentation and misinterpretation of events of that day and it took a toll on me in ways I cannot explain

I am however extremely humbled at the love, care and support I got from you during this period. Words fail me. I am indebted to you. Thanks for being there for me and my family. God bless you and yours. Amen

I am well. It was a movie fire scene that went well.

Ani Iyoho

Ani Iyoho and the special effects

Ani Iyoho and the special effects

The director of the movie, Stanlee Ohikhuare, has also come forward to make a statement about the perfectly executed scene.

Explaining why he did it during a press conference, Stanlee says he believes the stunt would cause a remarkable change in the attitude and perception of fellow Nigerians and the world at large, towards  Nollywood’s potentials. He stated that he did it to create film awareness and industry patronage via media engagement; utilizing the ever evolving social media platform to gain reach and peculiar attention to an entire industry. He also added that Government intervention is needed to ensure that there’s adequate funding to curb ugly occurrences like the one insinuated in the circulated video.

1. Moving on Swiftly

July 31, 2016 at 2:27 pm

But awon people yii baje sha…….. very stupid people Mschewww

• Author Unknown

July 31, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Lol

• Moyo

August 1, 2016 at 5:37 pm

You took the words out of my mouth, each time I see this post and the picture I just get angry

2. Uc

July 31, 2016 at 2:35 pm

So it was a stunt…….Ngwanu weldone

3. Enny heart heart

July 31, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Wheeew! Thank God

4. Cindy

July 31, 2016 at 2:38 pm

And this is supposed to make me watch the movie, how?

5. Rhecks

July 31, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Okay o! Thank God it was a stunt…. Na una sabi

6. osobechukwu Philip

July 31, 2016 at 3:20 pm

whao! that was wonderful

7. osobechukwu Philip

July 31, 2016 at 3:22 pm

whao! that was wonderful. thank God for everything.

8. Spunky

July 31, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Press conference kwa?! Good to know it was a stunt. But why shroud the whole thing in secrecy? Effects and stunts makes a movie seem real. What part of this is a big deal?

• Moyo

August 1, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Abi, we have seen foreign movies where actors are caught in fire, why go ahead and post a picture of the man in hospital as if he was dying, it was so misleading and irresponsible. It would have been better if it was a trailer and you include it as part of the movie. Nigerians and unnecessary drama

9. Make I talk

July 31, 2016 at 3:28 pm

I don’t get. Am I the only one who remember the memo they wrote saying the director was in hiding and they were looking for money for Ani? Why do I smell a scam gone wrong?

10. mde

July 31, 2016 at 4:15 pm

This is utterly misleading and ill advised and even more mismanaged…i am definitely not going to watch this now. This is real life and there were real people worried about a real man doing a fake stunt

11. bruno

July 31, 2016 at 4:21 pm

may thunder fire u any where u are amen.
    nigerians were worried sick about u and ur well being. don’t worry next time.

12. Xplorenollywood.com

July 31, 2016 at 4:27 pm

I bow oh! If he is truly okay, i thank God for him. I was about to go on a rampage as to how actors should have insurance and how producers and directors need to go about sourcing or training people on how to be stunt men, cos i seriously doubt we have stunt men or doubles in this side of the world. As for calling the Government into this, pray tell how you would like to involve them, be throwing a charade???

13. MzEbonite

July 31, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Hear ‘ode’ talk.. crazy set of people!

14. Ukachi

July 31, 2016 at 5:59 pm

My brother, you mean that was a poopii!. That was too much. You made people to cry, wondering why such a promising young man was wasted. Thank God for you.

15. ms. Marshall

July 31, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Wow! Lovely p.r stunt cz wen I gisted everyone at home, dey all Tot it was d typical Nigerian syndrome of nt bin prepared. Am nt my typical go watch a movie at the cinema bt am gonna

16. Wise one

July 31, 2016 at 9:48 pm

These people should know that Nigerians don’t take kindly to being conned by publicity stunts.
    Such negative publicity may work as the new cheap and quick way to trend before you launch your movie, music or product in the US, but it’s not the same in Nigeria. You will trend, yes, but people will be turned off what you’re selling.

17. Prince

August 1, 2016 at 9:54 am

Its a movie oooooooo not a stunt

18. tiny

August 1, 2016 at 11:01 am

to know that these twits had me awake the whole night wondering and bothered about his safety now ur coming out to say u are well, keep crying wolf wolf the next time u cry wolf nobody will care(God forbid)

19. Moyo

August 1, 2016 at 11:34 am

I was so upset when I first read the story of Ani Iyoho especially when I saw thatsomeone was filming without looking for,help. I am definitely not watching this movie, we should have been told that it was a stunt. earlier

20. Niyoola

August 1, 2016 at 12:08 pm

This highly irresponsible of the actor, director and everyone on that moivie set. It took you guys how many days to set the record straight?
    with such juvenile and mediocre stunts?

It took you more than 3 days to refute the rumour; and you are here apologizing for what?
    If this is a stunt at “no publicity is bad publicity”you’ll be shocked that your movie will bomb, tank, flop ……. ptscheeew. nonsense

21. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

August 1, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Odigba ti ina gidi ba jo e. Eleleya.

22. Stanlee

August 1, 2016 at 11:14 pm

youtube.com/watch?v=KrKgzsE6bw0

23. king uche

August 2, 2016 at 12:18 am

U are a big fool, u have to be charge for causing fear and panic to the u state i will never by any movie that contains you anymore and one day one day u will surely burn on set as u wish.tchewwwwww

24. Yummychickcummummy

August 2, 2016 at 2:12 pm

I pray one day, it won’t happen to him for real and then he wouldn’t be able to see pple help or feel concern for him while he’s actually dying…. Continue stunting OK, if u no blow, u won’t blow!!.. If ur film no go sell, e no go sell…. Rubbish pple