BN TV

They Sure Can Sing! WATCH Highlights of the Latest Episode of The Voice Nigeria

BN TV

Did you miss last night’s episode of “The Voice Nigeria“? As always, BN TV has got you covered!

See what your favourite contestants performed last night. Don’t forget to keep voting to keep your favourite finalists in the show.

Chike

David sings “It’s Not That Easy” for #Team2Baba:

Vicky

She sings Bob Marley‘s ‘Is This Love’ for #TeamTimi:

The Top 16 sing ‘Great Nation’:

1. if i hear

July 18, 2016 at 12:59 pm

which chike put a spin on anything? The boy is a smart boy sha cos what he sang was Daniel Duke’s version of the song during his blind auditions in the Voice UK.
    He did sing it well though, I’m just saying he shouldnt receive credit for someone else’s work..
    Secondly, I love Cornel but Dewe should have been saved. He outshined both Cornel and Vicky. Timi is Just playing politics. He believes he stands a better chance of winning with cornel in the competition than with Dewe.
    I cant believe I’m about to say this but Team Pato may just win.

2. Asa

July 18, 2016 at 2:22 pm

I just about had it last night., i don’t know why i bothered watching. Why in the world did i think this show would be any different? Tubaba saved Brenda over Vivien???. First of all, her breathing was all over the place, notes were flat not to talk of a karokee performance plus the song was more of a “feel good song” than a challenging one. And Waje saved Arese, could her performance have been any flatter?. Dont get me started on Jennifer leaving(who by the way was a darn good artist). Cornel hasnt done “it” for me since his audition. Dewe is 19 and boy can that boy SING! he has such great voice control and has been picking songs that have been vocally challenging. Abeg this show is just MEDIOCRE…Can’t deal! When Timi and Patoranking are busy running around all over the place like children when they should be listening so as to give constructive criticism. If everyone was that great, why is it a competition?. They say stuff like “you have grown so much” yet there was never any critique ever. How do they know where to work on when they dont even know that their performace wasn’t that great in the 1st place! These judges have no technical knowledge whatsoever. How do they even coach?

• FinchleysFinest

July 18, 2016 at 3:39 pm

TeamTuBaba : I’ll give it to David Operah for this week. Brenda didn’t sing … she did a cynthia Morgan song.. Its all about swag and she had issues with her breathing. David SANG!
      Coach TuBaba: I am tired of hearing “You came through” ..”MENNNN” , Nice One…
      We need the coach to give valid and well-reasoned opinions .

TeamWaje : I think Waje did the best by Saving Arese…Shes always saving Michael and to be honest I think Arese is good. I really can’t fault her last performance .

TeamPatorankin: Again another coach without any good opinion. Chike and Nonso will make this team great. My Money is on Chike… But Nonso is good too.. The DNA guys should go home quick abeg.

TeamTimi : I don’t see anything special about Cornel’s Voice… Yes he’s good…but then I’ll choose Dewe and Vicky over him . Again Timi saved the wrong guy this week. Dee did it for me personally this week. That dude can SING .

• Ene

July 18, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Finchleys finest,thanks. David is the strongest on Team Tubaba and should be the last man standing. Waje did good but I think she should have gone for her best man/woman.(in my opinion not Arese).Nonso and Chike,close battle,but I will pick Nonso cos he is more consistent and daring. I guess Dewe needs to pick songs that people will connect with because he does the hardest songs and has not been saved by his coach.Maybe a change of strategy?I predict the winner from Team Timi or Patoranking.with Tubaba 3rd and Waje 4th. I predict Nonso to win it,(based on many other factors,)but the most gifted of the lot is Vicky.

• "changing moniker"

July 19, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Tubaba should have save Viveyan…that was great singing and a great performance.

• Anonymous

July 19, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Of course, what did you expect? The bulk of Nigerian artistes lack any technical competence whatsoever and the people who have the technical competence are not in the limelight. They depend on their producers for all the technicality and are more about the showbiz, glamour and the attendant lifestyle. How many of them have shown interest in their art to attempt taking up an instrument or learning some rudiments of music? That’s even too far. How many of them have ever taken any kind of voice training? Now, compare that to someone like Mariah Carey who used to (I don’t know if she does anymore) travel around the world with her voice coach. That’s what you call dedication! Let Nigerian artistes go looking for that quality. Until then, a reality show of the calibre of The Voice can simply not work here because the artistes who have enough technical know-how and can really “coach” are very rare or simply not there!

• "changing moniker"

July 19, 2016 at 6:27 pm

you totally wrote what i would have written..
      These coaches should be removed after this season.
      Waje……is just partial…from the moment she save Arese over Flourish…
      Timi rooting for the overhyped Cornel and jumping around.
      Infact…you’ve said it all..

• "changing moniker"

July 19, 2016 at 6:28 pm

My reply was for Asa’s comment.

• preshe

August 6, 2016 at 5:28 pm

i know right saving brenda over vivan is just stupid

3. watcher

July 18, 2016 at 4:09 pm

Arese’s performances have been boring! Love Dewe and Nonso. Cornel and Chike have to challenge themselves

4. Truth-be-Told

July 18, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Nonso and Dewe all day, ever day. ….

5. Truth-be-Told

July 18, 2016 at 10:06 pm

*everyday

6. Mowo

July 19, 2016 at 4:27 am

I think Dewe is the voice he had the best performance last night, Nonso was great too as well as David Operah, Chike also did well though I think he’s overhyped. Brenda not so impressed. Viveen is a fighter I like her. Arese’s note was too low.

7. Shazy

July 19, 2016 at 7:41 am

Gosh! Dewe’s voice is the truth!

8. Iyun

July 19, 2016 at 2:22 pm

I feel like I’m the one that typed all these comments up, Cornel and Chike have been all hype, yes they are good but after the audition and 1st/2nd shows nothing all. Their coaches are just playing save and being unfair. Nonso and Dewe are really good too and have knocked these other guys out some days. Theodora eviction was painful too.

9. adelegirl

July 19, 2016 at 2:34 pm

My best for the night were Dewe, Nonso, David ans Patrick, in that order. I don’t now why the we-chat app is not allowing me vote. Been trying to vote since Sunday night to no avail.

10. "changing moniker"

July 19, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Na Dewe’s case pain me pass…
    I used to think Timi knew music…i don’t anymore

11. Nelly

July 20, 2016 at 1:05 am

Na Una sabi ooo . Dey said” The voice” not d dance or jumping around. Voice oooo! For me Chike is awesome, he sings with ease, doesn’t have to fight for it, naturally gifted. I lyk NONSO and Dewe too. Buh u see Brenda and DNA, MBA! With capital letter. If its really d voice dey ar luking for. My own opinion though, goodluk to all of dem, can’t predict d winner cos na Nigeria we de, dey can give d price to d least expected cos even d coaches are confused. Dis is d first tym am watching a competition lyk dis and d coaches DNT criticiz, everytin dey do is OK and wow for dem. I wonder how d contestants will know wen dey ar going wrong and where to put in more work. Anyways, not putting my mind to it cos am gonna end up hrtbreaking. Make we sitdon DE observe!!!! Peace! Cheers! One luv!